Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Day 2 was a little rough for me - more nauseous than headachy, but today is day 14 and I feel wonderful! Hang in there!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #32  

Default New to Ideal Protein

Hi, I'm new to ideal protein. I am actually starting tomorrow. I haven't met with a coach yet (that's thursday) but I have food for 3 days from a friend. I'm very excited and nervous to start. I have not been very successful with dieting the last 12 years. I have truly tried but have given up when everyone else around me loses and I don't. I am hoping this is the solution for me.

I am worried about being hungry especially between breakfast and lunch and after supper. I have been reading tips from the forum. Any support would be appreciated!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello Everyone!
I am not "new" to IP, in 2011 I lost 40 lbs. I have gained it back and am starting at square one. I will be starting the first full week in January, as I have company coming in from California tomorrow. I have been backing away from the carbs though to try to transition smoothly. I had shoulder surgery4 months ago and knee surgery 3 weeks ago. I know it would help my knees to lose the weight. ( the doctor politely mentioned this) I find that I have to come to 3FC and the IP daily check every day and multiple times a day to stay on track. Hubby is taking in the 5 lbs of Russel stover and the bag of Ghirdelli to work, I made him already put it in the car. lol. I wish everyone a very Happy New Year and will be checking in on a regular basis.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ86 View Post
Yeah I read that salt trick too! That is too bad you have to work while feeling that way. Maybe it will take your mind off of it? I guess everyone reacts to the first couple of days differently. I bet Onederland in a couple days!! How exciting! I don't want to take before pictures on Monday lol in tight clothes, sigh. But I guess it will be worth it to see the change!
For the most part working keeps my mind off of eating. I tended to use food as a reward so when I wasn't at work I would "reward myself" by relaxing with food. But I read this quote that said "I'm not a dog, I will not reward myself with Food." because really what kind of reward makes you feel like crap?!

I took some pictures of myself in a bikini that I bought optimistically a few years ago. They are depressing but now I can check them out on my phone if I'm feeling temptation. Plus, by bathing suit season that bikini is going to fit and I'm going to look good in it or so help me god!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #35  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalou View Post
Hi, I'm new to ideal protein. I am actually starting tomorrow. I haven't met with a coach yet (that's thursday) but I have food for 3 days from a friend. I'm very excited and nervous to start. I have not been very successful with dieting the last 12 years. I have truly tried but have given up when everyone else around me loses and I don't. I am hoping this is the solution for me.

I am worried about being hungry especially between breakfast and lunch and after supper. I have been reading tips from the forum. Any support would be appreciated!
You will be okay. The first 3-7 days will be the hardest. Drinking water and decaf hot tea will help with the hunger.

The best advice I can give you is to follow the protocol to the letter and you will be successful. It is strict and, in my opinion, that is why it is a good plan. If it isn't on the approved list, don't eat it. Be strong and find your willpower.

I have tried almost every plan, including lap band surgery (5 years ago), weight watchers, Jenny Craig, etc. I am lower than I have been for at least 12 years).

This is a wonderful site for info and support. Use it.

Best of luck.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Hi Everyone,
It's day two of my restart. I've had occasional headaches, but they haven't been too bad.
Lindaloo (sorry if I misspelled): I am a snacker. It's one of the things I need to work on. My coach told me it was okay to split my protein and veggies if it helps me. I also sometimes split my restricted into two or three servings, especially during those certain times where cravings can get super-intense. IP is interesting in that there are times you have to remind yourself to eat, because you just don't get hungry. It's actually kind of amazing. There are other times where I found myself craving something from a commercial or wanting comfort foods, then realized that it was stress or a habit and not really hunger that was motivating me. With time and practice, along with a lot of great advice and support on this forum, we will all be successful.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #37  

Thanks Coloradocarol. I appreciate the pep talk and advice. I have been reading all the posts and will be checking back often for inspiration!
Old 12-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansfilter View Post
Lindaloo (sorry if I misspelled): I am a snacker. It's one of the things I need to work on. My coach told me it was okay to split my protein and veggies if it helps me. I also sometimes split my restricted into two or three servings, especially during those certain times where cravings can get super-intense. With time and practice, along with a lot of great advice and support on this forum, we will all be successful.
Thanks for the tip! I think splitting will be beneficial. I am not a large meal eater, but a grazer. If I get hungry at 11am, I will eat part of my veggies or my salad and eat my IP packet at noon. Hopefully, that will be ok.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 255/239/175

Height: 5'7"

I am a super newbie... 2 weeks in and down 11lbs. (Lost 4.5 Christmas week) I discovered this community while looking for recipes and nutritional information for the packets. I'm looking forward to learning from others who have been doing this longer!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
I am a super newbie... 2 weeks in and down 11lbs. (Lost 4.5 Christmas week) I discovered this community while looking for recipes and nutritional information for the packets. I'm looking forward to learning from others who have been doing this longer!
Wow 11 pounds?! So exciting!! Welcome I just joined also! Where do you love in Washington??? You're the first person I've seen from around here. Congratulations on losing during Christmas week!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashadee View Post
For the most part working keeps my mind off of eating. I tended to use food as a reward so when I wasn't at work I would "reward myself" by relaxing with food. But I read this quote that said "I'm not a dog, I will not reward myself with Food." because really what kind of reward makes you feel like crap?!

I took some pictures of myself in a bikini that I bought optimistically a few years ago. They are depressing but now I can check them out on my phone if I'm feeling temptation. Plus, by bathing suit season that bikini is going to fit and I'm going to look good in it or so help me god!
I wish we could pm haha! Ohwell. That is an awesome quotes. There was another person in here who rewarded herself every mini goal with things like manicure or new clothes. She said see we can rewards that isn't food!! Haha soooo true! I like that I decided I get a haircut when I reach my first 10lbs .

That is an awesome idea about the pictures!! Better than on your fridge. By summer you will look awesome in a bikini!! We have time and will lose it!aybe I should just go for it tomorrow and bring a bikini to my appt. Lol!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #42  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Brand New to IP

I am a newbie, just started on Dec 26th so this is day 4 for me. So far so good, even with all the temptations of cookies and chocolate left over from Christmas all around me. Can't say I didn't want any, but I did resist.

My goal is to lose 50 pounds (I haven't edited my profile yet...just registered) and I'm excited to get some tips and recipes from this group. I've looked around a little bit. Mostly looking for easy recipes to make it so I don't get bored.

With my first week, I have lots of variety and a set menu and I've done okay with the foods so far. Some aren't my favorites, but that's fine. Eating LOTS of salad.

I want this weight gone, once and for all. I've tried SO many diet plans, a lot of shakes and cleanses and have lost before but have been stuck the last 4 years or so and the weight is gradually creeping on even more. I'm at my highest point, even during pregnancies. I'm done with this and ready to get my health back and feel good.

Thanks for all the support!
Old 12-30-2013, 01:58 AM   #43  
Pretty Nurse

S/C/G: 195.5/175.6/?140

Height: 5'6

Default Hey y'all

My name is Shar, I'm a 26 yo nurse.

I'm starting IP on Jan 3rd, appt with coach Jan 2nd. I've had my starter kit for over a week already and it's taunting me. I'm so ready to dig in, try everything and get this weight off for good! My goal is to lose 50-60 lbs or less, depending on how I feel. I think my starting weight is 190, I'll get my official weight on the 2nd. After doing a TON of research the past couple weeks I know my struggles will be mostly with tomatoes and fruits! However, I'm really looking forward to experimenting with the foods.

Nice to meet everyone and I look forward to supporting each other!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 250/215/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I started IP the day after Thanksgiving. I am still relatively new to the program. I found this forum trying to find others doing the program. I liked reading the support and the tips everyone had to offer each other, so I subscribed. You all really helped me because I caught a bit of flak from friends and some family (but luckily not my husband and kids) about why I'd start a diet during the holidays. Frankly, I didn't want to have another new year where I had to lose the weight I already had plus holiday pounds. It has helped me reframe just what is important during the holidays. My endocrinologist suggested this plan to me because I struggle to lose. The results have made it easier! I attended a lot of holiday parties and I even did some holiday baking, but never cheated. My results made it easier to keep staying on course. Finding the recipes here for things like using sugar free syrup to make egg nog pudding from the IP vanilla and latte recipes have made this a lot easier! Thank you and I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Last edited by CrimsonKitten; 12-30-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #45  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Welcome to everyone! You'll find so much information and support here, there are a lot of very generous people who gladly share their experience and wisdom.

Be sure to read the links in the first post of the daily chat and ask any questions you have - just starting out can be confusing.

This is a great diet if you stick with it!
Closed Thread