Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #16  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Welcome to all the newbies and restarters!

You'll find tons of information and support here - it's an awesome site!
Old 12-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #17  

Hi everyone.

I started IP today - it went pretty well except for a low grade headache all day.

I weighed 219.
50 years old.
5'9"

Wasn't sure what to put down as a goal, so I just picked 160.

I'm nervous about the cost and the change in food preparing. But, I'm giving it a shot.

I'm not much for spending time in the kitchen. But, it looks like that's about to change.

I hope and pray that I make it on this. I want off my depression medication.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #18  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Hi LisaAnn!

Be sure you're getting all your salt in - that really helps with the headaches. You can add some to your water or do what I do - just lick it off your hand and follow it with some water. The headache does goes away. I can tell when I'm not getting enough salt now and use the licking it off my hand method.

The time you spend doing prep will make things so much easier on you - I love having grab and go veggies already done during the week. Look through the recipe threads, there's lots of make ahead stuff you can do.

Best of luck to you and glad you're here!
Old 12-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 233/157.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone. I started IP December 1 and am down 15 lbs so far. Thank you for all of your encouraging stories of success and for the recipes! I cannot have sucralose, so being able to sort through and compile recipes I could use was incredibly helpful!
Old 12-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ86 View Post
Sashadee, hi, I am in the same situation. I also am doing this not only for weight loss but have noticed how lethargic and tired I have become. It is good know what your days are like as I am starting this Tuesday. I was really concerned about a lack of energy during the beginning. But it seems to be the opposite. I noticed that we have the same weight goal and are about the same height AND are newbies. It is exciting to see someone in such a similar situation. good luck to you!

SarahJ86 - Awesome! We could buddy up! I tend to do much better at staying on track when I stay accountable.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #21  
Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 199/165/140

Height: 5'7"

Default 2nd day on IP

Hello all, I am on my second day and don't feel to great. I think this is to be expected. I joined this forum as I took the advise to have more salt for the headaches. It worked. Thank you!
Old 12-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 260/220/155

I am jumping back onto IP January 2nd. I have been off IP for a year and a half and gained all my weight back but that's because I didn't commit to making a lifestyle change and went back to not only my old habits but worse habits. Not this time!
Old 12-29-2013, 12:46 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashadee View Post
SarahJ86 - Awesome! We could buddy up! I tend to do much better at staying on track when I stay accountable.
That sounds good! I go for my consultation on Monday and start Tuesday. So just a couple days behind you. Kind of nervous to get into ketosis. I have heard unpleasant things. But it sounds like this isn't the case for you! Did you join the 25 lb challenge by the first day of spring???
Old 12-29-2013, 01:19 AM   #24  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAnn View Post
Hi everyone.

I started IP today - it went pretty well except for a low grade headache all day.

I weighed 219.
50 years old.
5'9"

Wasn't sure what to put down as a goal, so I just picked 160.

I'm nervous about the cost and the change in food preparing. But, I'm giving it a shot.

I'm not much for spending time in the kitchen. But, it looks like that's about to change.

I hope and pray that I make it on this. I want off my depression medication.
Hi LisaAnn ~ Welcome. I've been on IP for 6 weeks. I hadn't cooked much in my kitchen since I moved in my home 13 years ago. I cook almost every night and am loving it. I never would have imagined it.... but IP has made me change for good. Best of luck!
Old 12-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #25  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!!
Old 12-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hello Newcomers!

The first two weeks of IP were hard. I did have a constant headache and was nauseous(even with the salt), that said-it goes away and is totally worth, white knuckling through the first days. If you stay on program, the weight comes off consistently. Drinking all of your water will help, so does hot herbal tea.

You can do it!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ86 View Post
That sounds good! I go for my consultation on Monday and start Tuesday. So just a couple days behind you. Kind of nervous to get into ketosis. I have heard unpleasant things. But it sounds like this isn't the case for you! Did you join the 25 lb challenge by the first day of spring???

Hey Sarah, I did join the 25 lbs challenge! Today is day 3 for me and I woke up with a low grade headache. I'm going to try the salt trick. Today is the first day I've felt kind of icky. I just feel groggy and a bit of muscle fatigue. I honestly expected this to be much worse considering all of the sugar I had been pumping into my system before starting the plan. It's nothing at cant power through! I've already lost 4 lbs! Hoping to get to Onederland by Monday or Tuesday. Let me know how your consultation goes!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #28  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hey Sarah, I did join the 25 lbs challenge! Today is day 3 for me and I woke up with a low grade headache. I'm going to try the salt trick. Today is the first day I've felt kind of icky. I just feel groggy and a bit of muscle fatigue. I honestly expected this to be much worse considering all of the sugar I had been pumping into my system before starting the plan. It's nothing at cant power through! I've already lost 4 lbs! Hoping to get to Onederland by Monday or Tuesday. Let me know how your consultation goes!
Welcome!!! At my clinic they said to "not fight" the lethargy, soreness, etc. if you can, just relax today. Read, watch a movie, etc. It only lasted one day for me.

Keep up the good work. It will get better. Drink your water, eat your plan and hot tea (decaf) helps.

Carol
Old 12-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Welcome!!! At my clinic they said to "not fight" the lethargy, soreness, etc. if you can, just relax today. Read, watch a movie, etc. It only lasted one day for me.

Keep up the good work. It will get better. Drink your water, eat your plan and hot tea (decaf) helps.

Carol
Carol, I wish I could just relax today! This is my work weekend but I have definitely been taking it easy before I have to go in. I hope this only lasts one day for me as well!
Old 12-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Yeah I read that salt trick too! That is too bad you have to work while feeling that way. Maybe it will take your mind off of it? I guess everyone reacts to the first couple of days differently. I bet Onederland in a couple days!! How exciting! I don't want to take before pictures on Monday lol in tight clothes, sigh. But I guess it will be worth it to see the change!
Closed Thread