Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #106  

Marceylou
Welcome!
IP is what I tried before surgery and now I know I don't need surgery! (well, maybe a panniculectomy at some point but not WL surgery!)
Besides, you're right, you'd be doing this after surgery anyway!

DH and I decided that yes, IP is expensive but so is bad health so we chose to give up other things and spend the money on my health before it deteriorated further.

Once I got a FIRM hold on the plan, I ventured into alternative products. I went competely alternative product in August, mostly due to how disgusted I was with my clinic at that point.

One of the things that really pushed me that direction was going soy/gluten-free last January after I started having thyroid problems. My coach didn't like that I was using alternative products but IP just wasn't offering the variety of products for me that were soy/gluten-free.

My recent post here will give you some ideas for soy/gluten-free alternatives
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html

Of course you don't care about the soy protein but it'l at least be a start for you.

I'm here to say: If I can do this, ANYONE can!
Old 01-07-2014, 03:01 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marceylou View Post
I just wanted to say hello all! I am a total newbie! I tried IP last year for about one month. I had great results but couldn't afford it and ultimately gained back my losses. I have decided this is the year for change. I am in a program waiting to do a gastric sleeve. However, I really don't want that. I just want to be healthy. So I decided to give the diet track an earnest effort and put the surgery on hold. After all, gastric surgery is imposing VLCD - I can do that with out stitches. I have a long way to go, but right now I am looking at the first 20 pounds. One of the biggest challenges with this program is that I have celiacs disease so most of the soups are off limits - I am trying to figure out ways to jazz up the ones I can have.

I was wanting to know if any of you had used other products other than IP products as they are really expensive for a one income family person. If so, what is comparable?

Also, because I have knee problems, what are some exercise regimens that have worked for others with similar conditions?

Thanks Everyone in advance. I am looking forward to participating on this board and can't wait to lose some pounds!

Welcome marceylou!!! Glad you are joining us. There is a whole series of threads about alternative products that work in phase 1. Many of us order from Nashua Nutrition. As far as gluten free, there may be a thread but also there are a lot of women here with gluten issues. See "lisa" above.

Regarding exercise, the official IP recommendation is very mild exercise only, such as walking. Many however do recumbent or stationary cycling, weights, and circuit training. I myself walk and do light weights.

Glad you decided to try us again before surgery.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:38 PM   #108  
Alt Product User

Height: 6'

Thinking about doing the iprotein diet, but cannot afford to visit a clinic or pay for food. Still looking forward to loosing weight!
Old 01-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'6

Thanks, I don't know when to start my day vs night meals. I work two days two nights four off. Even taking supplements is going to be a little confusing.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RescueAnnie View Post
Thanks, I don't know when to start my day vs night meals. I work two days two nights four off. Even taking supplements is going to be a little confusing.
It doesn't matter when you eat which thing. Just make sure you get it all in & spread out your vitamins.
your "nite" vitamins should be taken before you go to bed or with your last meal. Take "morning" vitamins with your first meal. And so on.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #111  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanDeNa View Post
Thinking about doing the iprotein diet, but cannot afford to visit a clinic or pay for food. Still looking forward to loosing weight!
Hi NanDeNa (love the name) - you can follow the diet using alternative products. Check out the alternatives thread (for some reason my linking is being whacky but Lisa posted a link up-thread). Many people have had great success using alternatives.

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 01-07-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 193/154/137

Height: 5' 2"

Default Celiac Disease and IP

[QUOTE=Marceylou;4913448] One of the biggest challenges with this program is that I have celiacs disease so most of the soups are off limits - I am trying to figure out ways to jazz up the ones I can have.

Hi Marceylou,

I also have Celiac Disease and have been on IP for 1 month. My coach has been great helping me stay GF and I can't believe how good I feel!! No stomach problems or ill effects. I love knowing that the GF options are certified GF and so far I have not gotten bored. I made mashed cauliflower the other night to have with my steak/salad and I loved my dinner.

I would love to hear how you are feeling being on IP.

Blessings,

Judith
Old 01-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #113  

Marceylou
This blog has some great ways to make homemade protein soups that are soy/gluten-free. Syntrax makes a great unflavored protein powder http://diettalktoday.com
Old 01-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #114  
Alt Product User

Height: 6'

Thanks Ruth Ann! I'll look into the alternatives thread. There is so much to read!
Old 01-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 231/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Brand New To IP

Hello everyone!!!! I'm soooo happy I was able to find this thread. I think it'll really help me with any questions I may have as well as help me stay on track....I'm brand new to IP, started up after seeing my cousin from Georgia on a visit and she looks great, told me what she was doing and I made an appt I actually just finished my 2nd day I'll have to see how I did on my 1st weigh-in but I'm excited to get the weight off and do it in a healthy way
Old 01-08-2014, 11:21 PM   #116  

Giselle
You'll be amazed how well IP works
Old 01-09-2014, 10:06 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 175/140/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Newbie

hello everyone! Today is my day one on Ideal Protein. I am super excited to make healthy changes in my life. I am still trying to navigate through the boards but have found them helpful so far - very motivational! Can someone point me toward the place to find recipes? I am afraid of getting bored with my foods.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by suda View Post
hello everyone! Today is my day one on Ideal Protein. I am super excited to make healthy changes in my life. I am still trying to navigate through the boards but have found them helpful so far - very motivational! Can someone point me toward the place to find recipes? I am afraid of getting bored with my foods.
Suda
Welcome!
Go to the daily chat thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...aily-chat.html
The first post has MANY links
I could never have stayed on P1 for so long without recipes
Additionally, I bumped a thread from a clinic yesterday with LOTS of recipes

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-09-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello! Like a PP, I met up with someone doing IP, who looks phenomenal, so I'm eager to see similar results. Life is rather chaotic right now - no time for coaches or going for official weigh-ins, so I'm trying to go it alone with alternatives.

I'm on Day 4 today and feel pretty good. The shakes are much better tasting than I had anticipated. Feelings of hunger are subsiding; I no longer want to gnaw off an arm :-) . I'm definitely more irritable than usual. Hopefully that will subside and my family will still love me when all is said and done!
Old 01-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I think someone posted somewhere but I will repeat. EAS are $5 off at SAMS CLUB & the chocolate fudge is so good mixed with your favorite coffee flavor in the morning. Have a great day
Closed Thread