Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 08:39 PM   #91  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicefigs View Post
Hi everyone! Also a newbie here and these forums have helped a lot in making me decide to go on the IP diet. I'm now on day 3 and have stuck to the diet so far. I'm just worried though since I have birth control implants on (Implanon) if it will affect my IP diet?? When should one start losing?
Hi Alicefigs! Good for you for sticking through the first few days - the first week or so is the hardest to get through but just stick with it and you'll be really happy you did!

I'm not sure about the BC implants but I do know you will probably lose weight the first week. If you're weighing yourself daily and it's going to make you crazy, try staying off the scale except for your weekly weigh-in. Weight can change on a daily basis so much depending on your sodium intake, TOM, injury, etc., etc. that you really have to either accept that or just don't weigh yourself constantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettynurse555 View Post
Went for my consult and weigh in yesterday. 195.5 lbs starting weight. Started IP today. Had trouble eating all my lunch SO FULL! I've had tummy cramps, which were relieved by having some water with mangosteen!
Prettynurse - if you're having problems getting all the food down in one sitting try breaking it up a little. Have your lunch packet and then an hour or so later have the veggies and lettuce - that may help. If you aren't used to eating a lot of fiber, a lot of raw veggies suddenly introduced into your diet can make you feel really full. I puree veggies to go in my soup or potato pack (see the recipe threads) and that helps get them down without the bulk.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #92  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Default Quick question on WF

Hi All!

I'm now on Day 2 and so far, so good. I just have a quick question for those that are super supportive answering questions!

I see a lot of references to Walden Farm products. I live on a Caribbean Island and therefore never thought I would be able to find them here. But I found some dressings in the supermarket yesterday so I bought the Ranch and the Thousand Island. My question is, are these unrestricted foods? Can I add them to salads and dip veggies in them at will? Or should I restrict it to a certain amount? Are there any flavours I should be avoiding?

Thanks so much for your help and I apologize if this question has been asked already.

Thanks!!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Hi All!

I'm now on Day 2 and so far, so good. I just have a quick question for those that are super supportive answering questions!

I see a lot of references to Walden Farm products. I live on a Caribbean Island and therefore never thought I would be able to find them here. But I found some dressings in the supermarket yesterday so I bought the Ranch and the Thousand Island. My question is, are these unrestricted foods? Can I add them to salads and dip veggies in them at will? Or should I restrict it to a certain amount? Are there any flavours I should be avoiding?

Thanks so much for your help and I apologize if this question has been asked already.

Thanks!!
Welcome! I would use the serving size listed on the bottle. The FDA can says "zero" everything as long as it's under 4 calories and .999 grams of sugar. If you don't measure it can add up!

You can use any of the 0/0/0 dressings, syrups, spreads, etc. They also make just sugar-free dressing which I would not use because of the calories and fat.

Enjoy!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

My clinics rule is only 4 tablespoons of WF products per day.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:40 PM   #95  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Default Walden Farms

Thanks so much guys. That is super helpful.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #96  
Started 1/2/13

S/C/G: 276/ticker/160

Hi all! I started Jan. 2nd and am down 5.5 lbs already...yayy! I initially told myself that I would only weigh myself once a week but I was itching to get on the scale. I've promised myself that I wont do this again

Welcome to all the other newbies and thank you to the members that share so much information. In this short time, I have found so much info and motivation.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #97  
Started 1/2/13

S/C/G: 276/ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
Hello everyone!
I'm currently in the process of weaning my daughter after a year of breastfeeding but, between now and then I am currently gleaning information to follow the alternative IP plan for both my husband and I to follow. My brother has followed IP for 6 months and has lost 135lbs. I'm really inspired by him and REALLY looking forward to the upcoming weight loss. In the meantime I am gleaning information AND taking in all the positive and support from this site.
Hi Johnsdeere! Welcome...I am a newbie as well. Your brother's weight loss is amazing. Do you know if he followed the program 100% and did he work out at all?
Old 01-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 165/149/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Sixth day, so still a newbie --

Hi, everyone --

Yesterday was my "hump" day -- lots of nausea, headache, depression. Woke with a headache this morning, but it passed, and I feel much better.

On the other hand ... despite the fact that I am down about 6 pounds, I seem to feel no difference in my clothes. This seems to be at odds with what other people experience (they feel their clothes are looser, but no poundage difference). So apparently I looked fatter than I realized and my clothes were tighter than I noticed...? Ugh.

Made a zucchini-garlic soup today with leeks, green chiles and ginger, and the chicken soup mix. Lovely on a cold day.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #99  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmuse View Post
Hi, everyone --

Yesterday was my "hump" day -- lots of nausea, headache, depression. Woke with a headache this morning, but it passed, and I feel much better.

On the other hand ... despite the fact that I am down about 6 pounds, I seem to feel no difference in my clothes. This seems to be at odds with what other people experience (they feel their clothes are looser, but no poundage difference). So apparently I looked fatter than I realized and my clothes were tighter than I noticed...? Ugh.

Made a zucchini-garlic soup today with leeks, green chiles and ginger, and the chicken soup mix. Lovely on a cold day.
Redmuse,
I was so impatient at the start. The weight was dropping but my clothes still fit the same. It took a few weeks and then yay! I'm down 3 sizes and my clothes are almost too big again. Be patient, follow the program 100% and you will see results!

Nancy
Old 01-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 165/149/130

Default Thank you, Nancy!

I promise that I AM following the plan 100% -- not even tempted not to!

Thank you for the encouragement and sharing your story!
Yay indeed!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:58 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Hi Everyone!
I'm new to IP and will be starting this week using alternative products, much too costly for my budget! Are any of you shift workers? I have concerns on how to eat when I work nights. I have a lot of pounds to shed, and I am feeling a little apprehensive about starting. Fingers crossed
Old 01-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RescueAnnie View Post
Hi Everyone!
I'm new to IP and will be starting this week using alternative products, much too costly for my budget! Are any of you shift workers? I have concerns on how to eat when I work nights. I have a lot of pounds to shed, and I am feeling a little apprehensive about starting. Fingers crossed
Hey Annie! I work evenings 3 - 11:30 pm. It's not night shift but let me know if you have any specific questions
Old 01-07-2014, 12:20 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 225/219/150

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the IP program and just found this sit the other day and thought I'd join.

I'm doing this with my husband but we are both doing it without a coach. Our only local people doing IP have you come in for the first time and then you order food online. They don't have WI's or really do anything to check up on you so we are considering switching to alternatives because their 'coaching' (or complete lack there of) bothers me.

I've got PCOS and previously on my own I was able to get to 210 but no lower then that. I'm already down about 6 lbs after starting just a week ago, which is awesome!

My goals are kinda basic, but this fall we are going to Disney World with some friends and I want to be able to wear shorts and even goto the water park and wear a bathing suit. Like a real one. The last few years I just buy a boys suit and wear a tank top or exercise t-shirt. I'm so excited.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #104  

Welcome obmckenzie
I agree with you. That clinic is providing absolutely no service. Actually, I'd report them to IP. The whole purpose is the individualized service & that is what the cost is for. I wouldn't buy a THING from them. Everything can be purchased from Nashua Nutrition for a fraction of the price. There is an alternatives thread with lots of info but plan some research time before delving into that thread.

redmuse:
We all lose weight differently. Have a little patience in your first week. It really does work!!!!

RescueAnnie
I am not a shift worker but I have seen shift workers have success with ultra determination. Wishing you that same success!

To all the other newcomers: WELCOME
I'm sorry I haven't replied to each of you personally and I hope you all have been personally welcomed by another member. I've been sick and jsut not up to par lately. When I started this thread, it was my intention that we welcome EVERYONE personally.

Be sure to go to the daily chat and read the first post. There are numerous links with TONS of info. Also, join in on that thread. It changes every day or so so you'll have to find the new one. Joining in there is the best way to get community support!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-07-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 304/304/165

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Default Hello All

I just wanted to say hello all! I am a total newbie! I tried IP last year for about one month. I had great results but couldn't afford it and ultimately gained back my losses. I have decided this is the year for change. I am in a program waiting to do a gastric sleeve. However, I really don't want that. I just want to be healthy. So I decided to give the diet track an earnest effort and put the surgery on hold. After all, gastric surgery is imposing VLCD - I can do that with out stitches. I have a long way to go, but right now I am looking at the first 20 pounds. One of the biggest challenges with this program is that I have celiacs disease so most of the soups are off limits - I am trying to figure out ways to jazz up the ones I can have.

I was wanting to know if any of you had used other products other than IP products as they are really expensive for a one income family person. If so, what is comparable?

Also, because I have knee problems, what are some exercise regimens that have worked for others with similar conditions?

Thanks Everyone in advance. I am looking forward to participating on this board and can't wait to lose some pounds!

Last edited by Marceylou; 01-07-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Closed Thread