Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #46  
Steph

S/C/G: HW 221/ CW 176/GW 155

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! I've been on IP since late Oct and have lost 21 lbs. I've been lurking here since about mid Nov when really needing some ideas for the packets. I don't enjoy the IP packets much but have to admit the diet is the most effective I've tried. I was diagnosed with cancer 10 years ago and went into early menopause from the chemo treatments and have had a heck of a time gaining and not being able to lose weight since. IP was been far the most effective but I do struggle with the packets. Do best when I enhance them with veggie and protein, splitting my dinner allotment. Have went off plan a bit during Christmas week. Haven't gained but haven't lost either. Ready to get strictly OP agin and lose some more lbs. thanks to all those who have posted helpful advice and IP friendly recipes. Hope to give back some! (Anyone else take White Cheddar Curls to the movies so they don't give in to the mega-calorie movie popcorn?)
Old 12-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #47  

Just starting my IP journey today ! My mom did it and looks amazing . I hope I will be able to do as great as she did . It's exciting and scary at the same time but here we go !
Old 12-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #48  

Hi everyone,

Another brand new newbie starting first time ever on Saturday, 1/4/14. Using this time to read, read, read and cheer you all onto your goals!!
Old 12-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAnn View Post
Hi everyone.

I started IP today - it went pretty well except for a low grade headache all day.

I weighed 219.
50 years old.
5'9"

Wasn't sure what to put down as a goal, so I just picked 160.

I'm nervous about the cost and the change in food preparing. But, I'm giving it a shot.

I'm not much for spending time in the kitchen. But, it looks like that's about to change.

I hope and pray that I make it on this. I want off my depression medication.
Good Morning LisaAnn! I am the same height and have the same goal. I think you've set yourself a good goal. I based mine off of BMI. I used the calculator in the link below.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/...MI/bmicalc.htm

Since I don't remember what 160 feels/looks like, I feel like it's on the higher end of the 'normal' grid based on the website. When I get there, I might want to loose more or stay!

You know what? The cost is really what keeps me motivated. If someone temtps me with wine or cookies, etc, I tell myself that it wastes 3 days of previous work and the next 3 days to get back into ketosis. Know what that means? 6 days...gone. $80...gone. So then I ask myself, if I went to the grocery store and bought wine, would I spend $80 on it? Absolutely not! It's not worth it to me right now. Spend the money now so that when you get to P4, you can occasionally enjoy the treats again!

I too am on medication but not for depression, it was for blood sugar because I was close to diabetes. That scared the crap out of me, diabetes runs in my family! I HATE taking daily pills. I was terrified of getting diabetes. That alone is incentive to stick with IP because it works!

I know you said you don't love the kitchen but I think you'll either find a love for it through all these recipe threads or you'll get the basics down and won't spend much time in there. Sometimes I really don't feel like rocking it in there either so i'll chop, season and throw in the oven for a bit. I even have these ziplok steam bags and can toss my veggies in the microwave for a few minutes and BAM, dinner!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #50  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

Hello and welcome everyone! Not a newbie but I have been busy screwing around for the month of December. I am back at it 100% OP. I'm determined to finish this.

I had a lot of what I was calling "diet fatigue" but it was really just me being pouty and I am done feeling sorry for myself. I gained six lbs during the month - and this is stupid, just stupid. There isn't another word for doing what I did. See ya around! - Courtney
Old 12-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #51  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Good Morning LisaAnn! I am the same height and have the same goal. I think you've set yourself a good goal. I based mine off of BMI. I used the calculator in the link below.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/...MI/bmicalc.htm

Since I don't remember what 160 feels/looks like, I feel like it's on the higher end of the 'normal' grid based on the website. When I get there, I might want to loose more or stay!

You know what? The cost is really what keeps me motivated. If someone temtps me with wine or cookies, etc, I tell myself that it wastes 3 days of previous work and the next 3 days to get back into ketosis. Know what that means? 6 days...gone. $80...gone. So then I ask myself, if I went to the grocery store and bought wine, would I spend $80 on it? Absolutely not! It's not worth it to me right now. Spend the money now so that when you get to P4, you can occasionally enjoy the treats again!

I too am on medication but not for depression, it was for blood sugar because I was close to diabetes. That scared the crap out of me, diabetes runs in my family! I HATE taking daily pills. I was terrified of getting diabetes. That alone is incentive to stick with IP because it works!

I know you said you don't love the kitchen but I think you'll either find a love for it through all these recipe threads or you'll get the basics down and won't spend much time in there. Sometimes I really don't feel like rocking it in there either so i'll chop, season and throw in the oven for a bit. I even have these ziplok steam bags and can toss my veggies in the microwave for a few minutes and BAM, dinner!
Totally get the cost thing, that is one of my main motivators. Plus, I also tell myself that if I suddenly ate something sweet or loaded with carbs (after not having had any since mid-July, It might make me feel horrible. I am also on daily maintenance meds, one for seizures (one instance in 2006 and none since thanks to the drugs), one for thyroid and one for depression. I have a feeling those might affect my progress, not that I am complaining - 68 since July is fine with me.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ86 View Post
I wish we could pm haha! Ohwell. That is an awesome quotes. There was another person in here who rewarded herself every mini goal with things like manicure or new clothes. She said see we can rewards that isn't food!! Haha soooo true! I like that I decided I get a haircut when I reach my first 10lbs .

That is an awesome idea about the pictures!! Better than on your fridge. By summer you will look awesome in a bikini!! We have time and will lose it!aybe I should just go for it tomorrow and bring a bikini to my appt. Lol!
To for it! I think I like the manicure idea. Winter has been harsh on my poor fingers and toes.

Hope your consultation goes well today!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #53  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggaeRN View Post
I'm hungry, and it's so tempting to run down to the cafeteria and grab something (I work in a hospital).

RN
I work in a hospital too. The long shifts and constant goodies in the break room can make it difficult to start the program, so I just always made sure to pack one of my favorite IP treats. Believe it or not, there will be some you crave after awhile! We see so many people throughout the day, that soon the compliments will come pouring in and you won't even want to look at the junk!
Old 12-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashadee View Post
To for it! I think I like the manicure idea. Winter has been harsh on my poor fingers and toes.

I will updat you later! You added a picture! Too cute! Mine won't upload from my phone. I will have to go on my computer to upload one.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 193/154/137

Height: 5' 2"

Default Newbie to IP/Blog and also Gluten Free

Hi All,

My sister (who is also on IP) pointed me in your direction. Such great information here…I am really excited to browse through all the information. I have been on IP for 3 weeks and have lost 11 lbs. so far. I choose IP because 2 good friends were having great success on the program and I am tired of packing around the additional weight, feeling bad and looking bad! My biggest challange is that I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in Sept 2012 and so many gluten free food options are so high in calories. My IP Clinic is working with me to stay GF while I am on the program and that is a huge relief for me. So far…I am feeling great and my Celiac symptoms have really settled down.

Is there anyone else doing IP that has Celiac and if so how are you doing?

Looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing.

Cheers,

Judith
Old 12-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #56  
Ideal Protein Believer

S/C/G: 193/193/145

Height: 5'6

Thanks so much for starting this! This is my second start on Ip. I lost 30 lbs before I got pregnant and now that my little is a year old I am ready to rock again! Looking forward to cheering each other on, sharing recipes and motivation! Happy new year!
Old 12-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi all!

WELCOME!

I am back to drop some excess weight picked up by being a little too indulgent from Thanksgiving to Xmas... Not the best choices, but I am committed to dropping the gains and ALSO sticking to my original plan of dropping an additional 10 lbs in Jan/Feb. I met my original goal in Aug but decided I would go for 10 more after the holidays... Figure I have about 15 total to drop.

GO FOR IT EVERYONE - We CAN do it!

Last edited by JLUS; 12-30-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #58  

Cool hungry

I tried to find the answer to this question in other threads, but couldn't. I am very interested in the recipies using the packets. My question is: how do you count the additional food items like the eggs in recipies or using the crispy cereal to coat chicken? Isnt that adding extra protein or an extra packet?
Old 12-30-2013, 10:03 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashadee View Post

It went really well!! I real like like my coach and for everything I need for the week except my veggies and chicken. But now I have a problem and am making excuses for why I can't start tomorrow lol. SIGH!!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ86 View Post
It went really well!! I real like like my coach and for everything I need for the week except my veggies and chicken. But now I have a problem and am making excuses for why I can't start tomorrow lol. SIGH!!
Awesome!! To be honest I don't blame you for not wanting to start tomorrow. It's New Years! There will be parties and alcohol and sweets oh my! I only started after Christmas b/c it was do or die time for sugar in my house and I had already told the husband no more sugar after Christmas.
Closed Thread