3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Ideal Protein Newcomers introduce yourself here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 08:37 PM   #421

S/C/G: 265/208/175

Height: 5'9.5"

Thank you TravelingChick! I agree that prior planning is key. I appreciate the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingChick View Post
I travel a lot and the key is planning. I am only in week three but have traveled half that time and will be traveling again later this week and will be gone for most of the following three weeks. I bring along everything I need for each day plus one extra packet, just in case. I make sure that my meals out will be someplace that I can order protein and veggies. I try to avoid salads at restaurants because lettuce is a freebie I can have anytime. Hot mint or peppermint tea helps to stave off hunger pangs. I package veggies but have had the misfortune of frigid cold upper Midwest temps and hotels without refrigerators. If you can blend spinach or kale into your chocolate shakes, that is a good way to incorporate veggies. Hope this helps.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #422

S/C/G: 250/215/150

Height: 5.4

Hi To All
I am new IP'er. I decided it was time to really do this when I couldn't buckle my seat belt on my last plane trip. I never asked for an additional part to extend it. I sat there thinking I need to bump my head on the overhead compartment for gaining this much weight. So ! I enjoyed 3 hours of stormy weather no seat belt. lol . I give my dogs the best foods, and I eat whatever. I have to do better. I am going on week 3. I am excited about my 3rd weigh in. I have gone on many diets but have never made it to week 3. I get frustrated and give up which results in lunch or happy hour. I really didn't think any diet worked. IP seems to be the ideal diet for me. I have lost 15 pounds and just can't believe it ! Looking forward to meeting new friends and learning how to reach my goal.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #423
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Welcome gidgetonsweets and congrats on the great losses! That is outstanding!

You'll love this site - so many supportive, knowledgeable people and so much information.

Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Old 02-12-2014, 01:05 PM   #424

Thanks Ruth Ann
You have done amazing with your accomplishment. I hope to be as successful. I am needing to order a few things and doing research now. I would like to have an alternative broccoli soup; wafers and cappuccino. They are my IP favorites. I may need to go to 4 packs a day. I was told by my coach it may increase my weight loss. Who do you like best ? I Lindora , proti thin or proti diet. Or is there a better one. I love sweets. Looking for sweet flavor.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #425

Welcome shoegirl67
I am new IP'er also. I decided it was time to really do this when I couldn't buckle my seat belt on my last plane trip. I never asked for an additional part to extend it. I sat there thinking I need to bump my head on the overhead compartment for gaining this much weight. So ! I enjoyed 3 hours of stormy weather no seat belt. lol . I give my dogs the best foods, and I eat whatever. I have to do better. I am going on week 3. I am excited about my 3rd weigh in. I have gone on many diets but have never made it to week 3. I get frustrated and give up which results in lunch or happy hour. I really didn't think any diet worked. IP seems to be the ideal diet for me. I have lost 15 pounds and just can't believe it ! Looking forward to meeting new friends and learning how to reach my goal.

We Can Do It !!!
Old 02-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #426
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetonsweets View Post
Thanks Ruth Ann
You have done amazing with your accomplishment. I hope to be as successful. I am needing to order a few things and doing research now. I would like to have an alternative broccoli soup; wafers and cappuccino. They are my IP favorites. I may need to go to 4 packs a day. I was told by my coach it may increase my weight loss. Who do you like best ? I Lindora , proti thin or proti diet. Or is there a better one. I love sweets. Looking for sweet flavor.
Thank you! And stick to the program and you will have great success!

I don't use alternatives, but you might check out the "alternatives that will work on phase 1" thread - lots of information there.

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Old 02-13-2014, 12:39 AM   #427

Hey Ruth Ann, I went for my WI 3 and wanted to scream. I lost 7 lbs on weight watchers week prior to doing Ideal WI1-5 WI2-3 WI3-1 ... and in 3 weeks only 10 inches. the 2 off waist and 2 off hips excited me, but I was expecting to do better. My coach said that was good . At the clinic i go to they measure every 3 rd WI. She didn't offer any suggestions. I am doing all IP right now . No alternatives. What do you think I may have done wrong ?
Old 02-13-2014, 07:46 AM   #428
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Hey Ruth Ann, I went for my WI 3 and wanted to scream. I lost 7 lbs on weight watchers week prior to doing Ideal WI1-5 WI2-3 WI3-1 ... and in 3 weeks only 10 inches. the 2 off waist and 2 off hips excited me, but I was expecting to do better. My coach said that was good . At the clinic i go to they measure every 3 rd WI. She didn't offer any suggestions. I am doing all IP right now . No alternatives. What do you think I may have done wrong ?
You know, I don't know that you're doing anything wrong! That's 9 pounds in 3 weeks, which is 3 pounds a week which is a great loss! If you were already pretty low carb on WW you might not get as big an initial loss on IP as some others do.

10 inches is fantastic - the scale is not the only measure of how you're doing. Inches count!

All that said - are you getting in all your packets, veggies, meat, oil, salt and water? TOM, sodium, big C, illness and a host of other reasons can show up as temporarily slowing your losses down.

Honestly, I know it's hard but be patient - you're doing great! This program works wonderfully if you follow it. And stress will slow down your losses, so don't stress! Easier said than done, I know.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #429
No where to go but up

S/C/G: 235/235/145

Default Starting in a snow storm!

Hi folks. Seen lots of folks with success on IP so I'm giving it a whirl. Lost bunches of weight by muscling it off exercising 2x daily and strick Atkins. Just not doable with an active 8 yr old. Bit about me... Single adoptive mom. High stress job, but love to volunteer to bring opportunities to other. It's a balancing act. Not an IP coach local so I'm buying on-line and learning as I go. Wish me luck!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:25 AM   #430
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbieBoston View Post
Hi folks. Seen lots of folks with success on IP so I'm giving it a whirl. Lost bunches of weight by muscling it off exercising 2x daily and strick Atkins. Just not doable with an active 8 yr old. Bit about me... Single adoptive mom. High stress job, but love to volunteer to bring opportunities to other. It's a balancing act. Not an IP coach local so I'm buying on-line and learning as I go. Wish me luck!
Sounds like you have a lot on your plate Barbie. One thing I like about IP is that once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to follow - not a lot of guesswork.

And best of luck to you!

Old 02-13-2014, 02:19 PM   #431

S/C/G: 197/197/130

Height: 5'6

H i I am starting ideal protein this weekend. I have been following this site for at least one year and I am so excited to begin.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:28 PM   #432

Hi Ruth Ann
When you say it that way, I feel better . I thought my coach was just being nice about it. I was wondering why I didn't lose more the 1st week. Your right, Patience Patience. lol
Old 02-13-2014, 10:16 PM   #433
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by literacyqueen View Post
H i I am starting ideal protein this weekend. I have been following this site for at least one year and I am so excited to begin.
Welcome and congrats on getting started!

Quote:
Hi Ruth Ann
When you say it that way, I feel better . I thought my coach was just being nice about it. I was wondering why I didn't lose more the 1st week. Your right, Patience Patience. lol
Patience is hard! Like the old saying "I want patience and I want it now!" But relaxing and just letting the program work is really the best way to go, I think.

Glad you feel better - sometimes it takes someone else to remind us of the big picture!

Old 02-14-2014, 06:38 AM   #434
No where to go but up

S/C/G: 235/235/145

Thanks all for the welcome! Jumping over to chats to continue. Lost 5 so far ths week
Old 02-14-2014, 07:27 AM   #435
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by literacyqueen View Post
Oh wow. That's a long time to follow the forum. You'll know just what to do!

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.