3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Ideal Protein Newcomers introduce yourself here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #376

S/C/G: 244/232/170

Height: 5'10"

I know I have read something about this but can't find it now. I am having issues with heart burn or reflux. Now while this may seem normal I had the LapBand surgery 7 years ago and seriously haven't had one instance of heartburn since that surgery even when I ate horribly spicy or fatty foods. So I don't think it's different foods. Could it be the supplements or the vitamins?
Old 02-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #377
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettynurse555 View Post
I want to thank everyone for their tips after last weeks tough weigh in. Today I was down 7.1 lbs and 4.5 inches for a total of 19.9 lbs and 15.5 inches in 5 weeks!!! So happy!!!!!
Awesome! Goes to show that it always pays to hang in there!!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:36 PM   #378

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Start! You'll always find an excuse to wait.
I agree...
You could consider starting with alternatives though ... EAS drinks are easily available and cheaper and actually a were a good way to start for me before my official weigh in..and you may find you do have momentum to keep going through the trip. ((If you are already not sure you will be 100 % you will not be spending quite so much...). In reality many find themselves motivated once they DO start. So know it is really mostly mind over matter that will determine your level of success. And there will always be something, as Lisa said. At some point you just DO it...or not.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:41 AM   #379
Easy Victor

S/C/G: 178.4/159.4/135

Height: 5'6"

@Mandy - interesting about the heartburn. I've been having it most evenings, too. Keep trying to figure out what's causing it, but haven't been able to pin it down. Never even considered it might be the supplements! I've just been drinking a tsp. of baking soda mixed in a cup of cold water and that usually gets rid of it for me.

Anyway, yesterday was the end of Week 2 for me. I will admit to actually being hungrier this week than last - more than likely due to the fact that I had to eat lunch later than anticipated on several days. I had jury duty one day and brought one of the restricted snack bars to eat for lunch, thinking that would fill me up. Bad idea. It only lasted a short time and then I was ravenous with nothing left to eat! Now I prepare better and make sure I always have a IP extra snack/meal in the car - just in case! Other than that, tho, things are going pretty well. I've been sticking to the diet pretty religiously - only a few minor flubs (didn't think to count my occasional dill pickle treats in my total veggie intake, forgot to calculate in a couple of boiled eggs & may have had more than the required amount of veggies on a few occasions!). I weigh myself daily so that I can try to keep track of when/why my body's weight fluctuates. Below are my daily results so far in case it helps anyone to see how it goes both down - and up!

According to my Wii Fit daily weigh-ins Thursdays – Wednesdays at approx. 4pm: (original weight of 178.4 - if you want to see last week's results, just click my name and read my previous post)
Week 2:
Jan. 30: 8th day = 172.2, a loss of 0.0 lbs., a total loss of 6.2 lbs.
Jan. 31: 9th day = 170.9 , a loss of 1.3 lbs., a total loss of 7.5 lbs.
Feb. 1: 10th day = 171.5, a gain of 0.6 lbs., a total loss of 6.9 lbs
Feb. 2: 11th day = 171.7, a gain of 0.2 lbs., a total loss of 6.7 lbs. (Super Bowl Sunday)
Feb. 3: 12th day = 170.4, a loss of 1.3 lbs., a total loss of 8 lbs.
Feb. 4: 13th day = 168.9, a loss of 1.5 lbs., a total loss of 9.5 lbs.
Feb. 5: 14th day = 167.8, a loss of 1.1 lbs., a total loss of 10.6 lbs.
(Weekly loss total of: 4.4 lbs.)

Feb. 6: 15th day = 169.1, a gain of 1.3 lbs., a total loss of 9.3 lbs.
Feb. 7: 16th day = 168.7, a loss of 0.4 lbs., a total loss of 9.7 lbs.

Last edited by PerishTheWeight : 02-08-2014 at 01:47 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:43 AM   #380
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy078 View Post
I know I have read something about this but can't find it now. I am having issues with heart burn or reflux. Now while this may seem normal I had the LapBand surgery 7 years ago and seriously haven't had one instance of heartburn since that surgery even when I ate horribly spicy or fatty foods. So I don't think it's different foods. Could it be the supplements or the vitamins?
Mandy - are you using Mio or another water enhancer? I found my reflux came back big time using those. Cleared up when I stopped. (and then came back for different reasons, so I'm back on nexium)

Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Old 02-08-2014, 08:49 AM   #381
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
I agree...
You could consider starting with alternatives though ... EAS drinks are easily available and cheaper and actually a were a good way to start for me before my official weigh in..and you may find you do have momentum to keep going through the trip. ((If you are already not sure you will be 100 % you will not be spending quite so much...). In reality many find themselves motivated once they DO start. So know it is really mostly mind over matter that will determine your level of success. And there will always be something, as Lisa said. At some point you just DO it...or not.
I'm with Lisa and 65 - go ahead and start! There is always an event, vacation, season, etc. looming around the corner and if you wait for the "perfect" time to start it will be a very long wait.

I have no clue how many times I said "I'll start eating better once XYZ happens." Yeah, that worked. /end sarcasm font Since starting IP I have made it through parties, 2 surgeries, the holidays, countless get togethers, etc. - all 100%. You just have to make up your mind and then plan ahead.

You can do it!

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Old 02-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #382
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Guess I will post here this morning, too :-) I am one of the 'restarters' here. I am unfortunately back to my start weight (plus 4) in my original stats and haven't gone into the tools to change that. I'm hoping that as I see the old progress it will help keep me motivated to get back to my original losing progress --- and then keep going! The past two years I've tried other methods to get back in the losing groove - but wasn't really ready to commit. I was at the point six months ago where I thought I 'might as well have surgery' because I couldn't do it. I was just looking for a quick answer though but wasn't ready to give up the poor food/drink choices I was making. Something clicked in January and I was ready to get back to IP. I'm about 2-1/2 weeks in and so happy that I got off my pity-party wagon and faced the reality that I have to be the one to get myself under control! So, here I am and ready to work the program the right way this time!!

RESTART: 01/22/14
W1: -6
W2: NO W.I - SNOW STORM
W3: -6
W4/5: -3
W6: -2
Old 02-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #383

S/C/G: 244/232/170

Height: 5'10"

Mandy - are you using Mio or another water enhancer? I found my reflux came back big time using those. Cleared up when I stopped. (and then came back for different reasons, so I'm back on nexium)

No I haven't changed what I drink. I have always been an avid propel drinker and if anything just cut out any additional pop or carbonated drinks and drink only water and coffee now. I do stick mainly to the IP drinks because with the LapBand it makes it easier to get all my other food requirements in. Woke up this morning with it still pretty bad. I know it's something that is minor issue and will definitely deal with it if this is the cost of becoming healthy but the last 7 years without it was something I always was grateful to the LapBand for.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #384
Started IP 04/22/2013

advocatemom - good for you for realizing there are no quick fixes and getting back to IP! If there was an easy answer, we'd all be skinny all the time. Someone posted not too long ago (and sorry I don't remember who posted it or where):

Being overweight is hard.
Losing weight is hard.
Maintaining is hard.

Pick your hard.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:05 AM   #385
Easy Victor

S/C/G: 178.4/159.4/135

Height: 5'6"

A couple days into my 3rd week. So far, so good. As for the heartburn issue - I, too, was on Nexxium prior to starting this diet. But not for heartburn issues. The elimination of regular heartburn was a happy side effect. But the coach told me that I shouldn't have any heartburn on this diet and since my other issue had rectified itself, I decided to forgo using it while on the diet to see if what she'd said was accurate.

I haven't used "Mio" drops much at all so far in this diet, but I have had an occasional carbonated beverage sweetened with Sweetleaf Vanilla Cream Stevia drops, from my soda stream. I'm only doing that 2-3x times a week, tho. Last night I drank half (8 0z.) of an "Ice" drink, which had been approved by my coach. And I'd forgotten to take my dinner/snack vitamins, so when I remembered them (midnight!) I took them. Surprisingly - no heartburn. Maybe the fact that I ate dinner earlier and then had the snack later (nonrestricted chips) made a difference? I'd been trying to have the snack in the afternoon and then dinner later that evening to break my "television munching" habit. Maybe that backfired? Who knows. Anyway, like you, Mandy, if heartburn is the price I have to pay to drop this weight, then so be it! I'm going to give it awhile longer to see if things change before getting back on the nexxium again.

Oh, and AdvocateMom - about coming back the 2nd time with a new mindset? I really think that's what we all have to do. This cannot be just a "temporary" thing in our minds. I, too, after much denial, have FINALLLY come to the conclusion - (at age 51!) that this new, healthier way of eating is going to be my new permanent way of eating! I'm telling myself that the bad habit of late evening munchies and too much fast and processed food combined with a sedentary lifestyle is no longer going to be what defines me. I want this to be a permanent lifestyle change! Yeah, I'm sure I'll splurge *occasionally* after I get to maintenance and treat myself to a slice of cake or something else forbidden, but I'm no longer going to eat half the cake! And I'm going to counter it by making sure I make allowances for that treat the next day. Anyway, that's the thought process for now - sure hope I am able to continue thinking that way once I actually get on the maintenance phase and "real life" begins!

Last edited by PerishTheWeight : 02-08-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #386

Weigh day for me. I have maintained weighing in at WW every Saturday morning and will continue going from a consistency purpose.

So I lost 2.6 this week for a total of 13 lbs since 01/07/14. I am thinking that is not such a high number. Some days discouraged other days encouraged.

Love reading this board and all the posts old and new. I have learned much more here vs. with where I am purchasing my Ideal Protein items.
Thank you all..have a wonderful day!
Old 02-08-2014, 11:51 AM   #387
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivig View Post
Weigh day for me. I have maintained weighing in at WW every Saturday morning and will continue going from a consistency purpose.

So I lost 2.6 this week for a total of 13 lbs since 01/07/14. I am thinking that is not such a high number. Some days discouraged other days encouraged.

Love reading this board and all the posts old and new. I have learned much more here vs. with where I am purchasing my Ideal Protein items.
Thank you all..have a wonderful day!
Well, it is more than .5-1 lb per week, which is typical for most diet plans. It is more like an average of 3+ lbs per week.
AND you are 13 lbs lighter than you started.

Tell me again what there is to complain about?
Or...are you comparing yourself to others? We just cannot to do that.

Last edited by lisa32989 : 02-08-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #388

You are right Lisa. I am reading all the AWESOME results of others and comparing their results to mine. And I have lost 13 pounds. Thank you for pointing me towards a positive outlook.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #389

S/C/G: 272/219/200

Height: 6'2"

I am sure some have seen a couple of my post but I thought I would introduce myself on this board as we'll. I'm Mason and I just started this diet last week. I am 27 and a man so this weight is falling off so that's pretty cool. I played football since I was young and haven't weighed under 200 lbs since my freshman year of high school and kept adding pounds when I stopped working out enough to cover my enormous diet. I know there are not a whole lots of men on this site, but y'alls stories and pics have been very encouraging. This website has been terrific for ideas for food and ways to make this diet less taxing.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:08 PM   #390

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Mason, glad that the site is helpful. Feel free to check out Oct. Newbies, as we have a guy (Jig) that regularly posts. Great that you are taking control of health.

Started maintenance: June 14, 2014
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.