3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Ideal Protein Newcomers introduce yourself here!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2014, 05:10 AM   #331
Senior Member
 
maureen kempster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Aylmer, Quebec
Posts: 861

S/C/G: 169/140.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

first weigh in today - my home scale shows I've lost and I know I won't weigh the same this evening - except for the 2 days I had 2 restricted products I did okay - so here's hoping - I know I feel great so far.

have a good one we're worth it
__________________
maureen kempster is offline  
Old 01-31-2014, 06:52 AM   #332
Member
 
nacygirl1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Glocester, RI
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 189/157.5/135

Height: 5'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay39 View Post
I've been on ideal protein on and off for 6 months. The first 3.5 months I lost 80 lbs. I'll be honest I was excited. However I had a health scare and since then I've had a hard time getting in the diet and staying in it to finish my goal. Having such a hard time with this and it's costly
Nay39...there are alternative products! I just dumped my coach because he was late or a no show when i went to get my WI and food, also yes it is costly!
I just purchased about 3 weeks worth of food (protidiet) from Nashua Nutrition for around a $105 bucks

I have been on the IP program for about 9 weeks using IP food. I have lost 20 lbs and several inches. I am unclear as to how many inches because my not so good coach would rush me out & not write my inches or weight loss down for me. That's why i dumped the coach and made the switch to IP alternatives. I feel so liberated dumping that not so good coach i feel like this dancing carrot right now

Last edited by nacygirl1 : 01-31-2014 at 06:53 AM.
nacygirl1 is offline  
Old 01-31-2014, 10:57 AM   #333
Chelle
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 3

S/C/G: 180/180/135

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up Starting a New Lifestyle....but need support

I have tried everything under the sun to lose weight. I have been typically around the 155-170 mark most of my life after the birth of my two kids. My friend Laura started Ideal Protein and has done amazing, as has her sister in law. What tips do you all have for me? I am starting Monday and would love to connect with people who are just starting out too!
Chelle T is offline  
Old 01-31-2014, 01:29 PM   #334
Junior Member
 
marlisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Juan Islands, WA
Posts: 4

S/C/G: 291/246/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Today Marks 4 Weeks OP

Hi there! I started IP on January 3rd at the urging of a friend (also my IP coach) whom I've known since 8th grade. Honestly, if it weren't for her, I don't think I would have chosen IP. I was very concerned about eating packaged food and the downplay on exercise. But, as she said to me--Phase 1 is not a long-term way of life/eating, this is for a crisis, a reset.

A little about me: I'm 37, married, have 3 kids, and live on a small island in WA state. I have been overweight for all of my adult life. I have tried many diets and ways of eating at varying times. I am an "armchair nutritionist"--meaning I have a lot of knowledge and books, but don't follow a lot of that knowledge consistently myself.

After the birth of my third child (she just turned 3), I was hospitalized for 5 weeks for a life-threatening infection that almost killed me and nearly took my right leg. Lucky for me I lived, and though I had 5 surgeries on my leg and an open wound that took 8 months to heal, I still have that leg.

However, the antibiotic cocktail, medications and extended bed rest left me with high fatigue, depression, low energy, and a host of very weird little health problems. I'm definitely better, but not the same person I used to be. It's very frustrating for me that it's taking so long. I have been to specialists and no one can explain it, other than to say I might have fibromyalgia.

All that to say---my weight has shifted up and down in 50 lb. increments over the past few years, resulting in my last gain that left me at 291 lb.--only 2 lbs. lighter than when I was 9 months pregnant with my last child. My coach said she didn't agree with the fibromyalgia diagnosis, and feels that my body and gut health were just incredibly taxed by the infection/medications.

I think she may be right because at this 4 week mark, I am down from 291.5 lbs. to 267.5 lbs. I have lost 24 lbs!! What's more, I have sooooo much more energy, mental clarity, less mood swings, and the number one health problem (intensely itchy skin)--is pretty much gone!

Most importantly, I have had some incredibly significant insights into my relationship with food. I have had a few days where I wanted to chew my arm off, so to speak---just this intense anxiety that I finally realized comes from having a hard time just being with myself, not having some outside way to cope, to distract. I grew up in a foodie family (all thin and fit) that enjoys cooking all sorts of food and celebrating with food. But my food addiction (this is the first time I've called it that) took me to entirely different levels--I eat to deal with any feeling, even happiness, or even just pure boredom.

The discipline of the IP program is what I attribute to these revelations. The packaged foods I balked about are what keep me accountable and provide a strict framework in which I can nourish my body, instead of me having to choose every food particle. At least for now, this is good for me. I look at it like being on IP is "taking my medicine". I get overwhelmed at times about how long I'll need to be OP, but I am remaining determined and trying to use all tools available to me to be successful. I am hoping this forum will be one of them.

I hope I haven't gone on too long, but I do want to thank all of you for your posts. This is my first post, but I've been reading all month long, and it's helped me tremendously.!
marlisk is offline  
Old 01-31-2014, 03:26 PM   #335
Pretty Nurse
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 16

S/C/G: 195.5/175.6/?140

Height: 5'6

Default

Weigh in #4 today. And I've gained!!! 2 lbs!!!! I didn't wear what I normally wear to weigh ins, had on jeans, tank top and t shirt today. Normally I just wear a tank top and leggings. Also, I didn't get all my water in 3days this week d/t work being so crazy busy! Anyone think of any reasons why I might have gained, it's not T.O.M. And I was only slightly constipated, I'm starting on floralax. I didn't cheat and had tomatoes only once! I did only lose 0.5 inch around my tummy this week too! Very discouraged and looking for some answers!
Prettynurse555 is offline  
Old 01-31-2014, 05:45 PM   #336
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,598

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlisk View Post
Hi there! I started IP on January 3rd at the urging of a friend (also my IP coach) whom I've known since 8th grade. Honestly, if it weren't for her, I don't think I would have chosen IP. I was very concerned about eating packaged food and the downplay on exercise. But, as she said to me--Phase 1 is not a long-term way of life/eating, this is for a crisis, a reset.

A little about me: I'm 37, married, have 3 kids, and live on a small island in WA state. I have been overweight for all of my adult life. I have tried many diets and ways of eating at varying times. I am an "armchair nutritionist"--meaning I have a lot of knowledge and books, but don't follow a lot of that knowledge consistently myself.

After the birth of my third child (she just turned 3), I was hospitalized for 5 weeks for a life-threatening infection that almost killed me and nearly took my right leg. Lucky for me I lived, and though I had 5 surgeries on my leg and an open wound that took 8 months to heal, I still have that leg.

However, the antibiotic cocktail, medications and extended bed rest left me with high fatigue, depression, low energy, and a host of very weird little health problems. I'm definitely better, but not the same person I used to be. It's very frustrating for me that it's taking so long. I have been to specialists and no one can explain it, other than to say I might have fibromyalgia.

All that to say---my weight has shifted up and down in 50 lb. increments over the past few years, resulting in my last gain that left me at 291 lb.--only 2 lbs. lighter than when I was 9 months pregnant with my last child. My coach said she didn't agree with the fibromyalgia diagnosis, and feels that my body and gut health were just incredibly taxed by the infection/medications.

I think she may be right because at this 4 week mark, I am down from 291.5 lbs. to 267.5 lbs. I have lost 24 lbs!! What's more, I have sooooo much more energy, mental clarity, less mood swings, and the number one health problem (intensely itchy skin)--is pretty much gone!

Most importantly, I have had some incredibly significant insights into my relationship with food. I have had a few days where I wanted to chew my arm off, so to speak---just this intense anxiety that I finally realized comes from having a hard time just being with myself, not having some outside way to cope, to distract. I grew up in a foodie family (all thin and fit) that enjoys cooking all sorts of food and celebrating with food. But my food addiction (this is the first time I've called it that) took me to entirely different levels--I eat to deal with any feeling, even happiness, or even just pure boredom.

The discipline of the IP program is what I attribute to these revelations. The packaged foods I balked about are what keep me accountable and provide a strict framework in which I can nourish my body, instead of me having to choose every food particle. At least for now, this is good for me. I look at it like being on IP is "taking my medicine". I get overwhelmed at times about how long I'll need to be OP, but I am remaining determined and trying to use all tools available to me to be successful. I am hoping this forum will be one of them.

I hope I haven't gone on too long, but I do want to thank all of you for your posts. This is my first post, but I've been reading all month long, and it's helped me tremendously.!
Welcome! Glad to hear you're on the mend, how scary! Keep up the great work!
__________________
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 01-31-2014, 07:06 PM   #337
Junior Member
 
marlisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Juan Islands, WA
Posts: 4

S/C/G: 291/246/145

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettynurse555 View Post
Weigh in #4 today. And I've gained!!! 2 lbs!!!! I didn't wear what I normally wear to weigh ins, had on jeans, tank top and t shirt today. Normally I just wear a tank top and leggings. Also, I didn't get all my water in 3days this week d/t work being so crazy busy! Anyone think of any reasons why I might have gained, it's not T.O.M. And I was only slightly constipated, I'm starting on floralax. I didn't cheat and had tomatoes only once! I did only lose 0.5 inch around my tummy this week too! Very discouraged and looking for some answers!
Prettynurse555, I had the same experience at last week's weigh-in. I also only lost .5 inches around my waste...no gain in lbs. but stayed the same, even though I was OP. However, I too had about 3 crazy days when I didn't get all my water in. I didn't cheat, but I didn't eat at normal times, less veggies, etc. My coach says the water makes a big difference, and our bodies will hold on to it if we're not drinking the amount we should. A few days later (after being really on top of my water/eating times/veggies), 2 lb. came off. Not sure if there's a correlation, but I'll stick with it!

There are also two helpful videos on the myidealprotein site about this subject: One is called "Weight Loss Plateaus" and the other is "Get rid of the scale...for now." Both explain in more detail why these things can happen.
marlisk is offline  
Old 01-31-2014, 07:50 PM   #338
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Gatineau, Quebec
Posts: 3

Default

1st weigh in and I'm down 2.5 lbs - I'm happy - if I can keep that up I'm on my way
moek is offline  
Old 01-31-2014, 09:08 PM   #339
Pretty Nurse
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 16

S/C/G: 195.5/175.6/?140

Height: 5'6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlisk View Post
Prettynurse555, I had the same experience at last week's weigh-in. I also only lost .5 inches around my waste...no gain in lbs. but stayed the same, even though I was OP. However, I too had about 3 crazy days when I didn't get all my water in. I didn't cheat, but I didn't eat at normal times, less veggies, etc. My coach says the water makes a big difference, and our bodies will hold on to it if we're not drinking the amount we should. A few days later (after being really on top of my water/eating times/veggies), 2 lb. came off. Not sure if there's a correlation, but I'll stick with it!

There are also two helpful videos on the myidealprotein site about this subject: One is called "Weight Loss Plateaus" and the other is "Get rid of the scale...for now." Both explain in more detail why these things can happen.
Thank you so much Marlisk! I am just feeling very discouraged! I'm unable to eat at normal times most days when I'm working. I've been pretty good with my water until this week , but I can't neglect my patients or stay up all night to drink my water! I go to nights this week, not so busy at work!

Hopefully next week is a better weigh in! I do feel like I lost however, I almost need new scrubs, I had to keep pulling my pants up when I was helping with a code or even just walking down the hallway!
Prettynurse555 is offline  
Old 01-31-2014, 09:20 PM   #340
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,667

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettynurse555 View Post
Thank you so much Marlisk! I am just feeling very discouraged! I'm unable to eat at normal times most days when I'm working. I've been pretty good with my water until this week , but I can't neglect my patients or stay up all night to drink my water! I go to nights this week, not so busy at work!

Hopefully next week is a better weigh in! I do feel like I lost however, I almost need new scrubs, I had to keep pulling my pants up when I was helping with a code or even just walking down the hallway!
Not enough water could definitely be the culprit - I know it's hard sometimes but it is so important. I find I have better losses when I get it all plus some in.

Make sure you're also getting all your oil in, the fat in the oil is important.

Don't get discouraged - IP works so well when you follow it 100%!
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 01-31-2014, 09:24 PM   #341
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,667

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelle T View Post
I have tried everything under the sun to lose weight. I have been typically around the 155-170 mark most of my life after the birth of my two kids. My friend Laura started Ideal Protein and has done amazing, as has her sister in law. What tips do you all have for me? I am starting Monday and would love to connect with people who are just starting out too!
Welcome Chelle! Best tips I can give you is follow the plan exactly and plan, plan, plan! I set things up a week in advance - I set up a menu so I know what I'm eating and cut up veggies for the whole week (or, rather, I have dh cut them up!).

Second best tip I can give you is to read here - so much information, ideas, knowledge and support. Ask questions if you're unsure of something - usually someone can guide you along.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 02:50 AM   #342
Easy Victor
 
PerishTheWeight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 13

S/C/G: 178.4/159.4/135

Height: 5'6"

Default

Finished my first week on Thursday - this afternoon (Friday) the scale read 170.9 - which is a loss of 7.5 lbs. from my starting weight. A majority of that was lost in the first 4 days - obviously "water weight". I weigh every day at about the same time on the wii fit so that I can try to pinpoint and gauge where/when my fluctuations occur. Today was a few hours late as I had a children's event to attend. Regardless, I think that the weight I've lost since day four is probably fat loss now, as I am being pretty regimented with the diet and am trying to stick to it as much as possible. For those who are interested in how it's going for me - an almost 52 year old in the midst of menopause, below are the initial stats. I still have a long way to go but feel like I'm off to a good start. I fully expect to drop, then plateau a few times in this process.

Some of the things I'm doing to help keep myself motivated are taking a weekly photo/video of myself in the same bathing suit which will hopefully help me to see that my body is changing even in the weeks when the numbers aren't. I'm also doing a "reward" system for little milestones. Completing this first week has earned me a waterproof cover for my Nook so that I can read in the bathtub in the evenings without worry! I've started taking a relaxing evening bubble bath during the times that are my most vulnerable for snacking - after dinner while watching t.v. programs. I figure if I look forward to hopping into my lavender essential oil scented tub and reading reading a good book, then I won't feel the urge to late night snack so much! At least that's the theory! Sticking with things successfully until Valentines day will reward me with a mani/pedi - or maybe a massage. And so on. Making little goals will give me something to look forward to and and to aim for!

Anyway - here are my stats so far. Wish me continued luck on this journey!

According to Wii Fit weigh in daily at approx.. 4pm:
Week 1:
Jan. 23: 1st day = 178.4, a loss of 0.0 lbs., a total loss of 0.0 lbs.
Jan. 24: 2nd day = 176.1, a loss of 2.3 lbs., a total loss of 2.3 lbs.
Jan. 25: 3rd day = 175.0, a loss of 1.1 lbs., a total loss of 3.4 lbs.
Jan. 26: 4th day = 173.1, a loss of 2.0 lbs., a total loss of 5.3 lbs.
Jan. 27: 5th day = 172.8, a loss of 0.3 lbs., a total loss of 5.6 lbs.
Jan. 28: 6th day = 173.1, a gain of 0.3 lbs, a total loss of 5.3 lbs
Jan. 29: 7th day = 172.2, a loss of 0.9 lbs., a total loss of 6.2 lbs.

Week 2:
Jan. 30: 8th day = 172.2, a loss of 0.0 lbs., a total loss of 6.2 lbs.
Jan. 31: 9th day = 170.9 , a loss of 1.3 lbs., a total loss of 7.5 lbs.

Last edited by PerishTheWeight : 02-01-2014 at 10:12 AM.
PerishTheWeight is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 07:14 AM   #343
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,667

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Perish - good going! You're doing great!

I like your reward system too! Setting goals based on staying OP is a great idea and really motivating.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 02-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #344
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 5

S/C/G: 226/211/160

Height: 5'5"

Default

I am starting IP again on Monday using alternative products. I was on the protocol after my son was born and it worked really well, but I couldn't continue because I was in a bad marriage. He selfishly controlled our money and created crisis after crisis that interfered with me staying OP. Now I've been separated for a year and will be filing divorce very soon. I want to take better care of myself so that I can see my son grow old; I am the only sane parent he has and I don't want to die young and leave him alone. I really believe that I will be able to see it through to the end this time and I am hoping that I can find encouragement here when the plateaus inevitably come!
craftybookworm is offline  
Old 02-02-2014, 09:29 AM   #345
172pds now
 
sasyblond401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: I live in Tempe, Az
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 170 PDS. 180/170/130

Height: 5 foot and 3 inches

Default

I want to join.......I have lost 10 lbs.
sasyblond401 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2