3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Ideal Protein Newcomers introduce yourself here!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2014, 07:27 AM   #316
Junior Member
 
Mandy078's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 15

S/C/G: 244/232/170

Height: 5'10"

Default

Hi, I'm starting day 6 and while I can say it's been going well I am an avid vegetable hater! Well at least the vegetables we are allowed to eat. I have been doing everything I can to purée them or doctor them up but that's definitely my biggest challenge. I also had the LapBand procedure about 8 years ago and while I have lost over 50 lbs with that I have been at a stand still for a couple years even with eating well and exercising. The LapBand restricts my portions so a lot of the time I can't eat more than a cup of food at a time. Seems like I'm eating 12 hours a day to get all this food in!!! But positive results already...looser clothes at least!!
Mandy078 is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 07:46 AM   #317
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,432

S/C/G: 257/135/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingChick View Post
I have enjoyed reading how others incorporate the veggies. Any other suggestions on what combinations work well with the shakes? And how to incorporate veggies into soups? I am day 5 into phase 1.
Spinach works well in shakes and some people like kale (I haven't tried that). My favorite is rhubarb - I cook it down and then add it to vanilla pudding or raspberry jelly. Or you can cook it with oatmeal to make a crisp.

I saute mushrooms and celery and puree them to add to soups or take roasted peppers or broccoli or cauliflower (any veggie would work) and puree them. Another good one is to cook cauliflower (or use leftover roasted) and mash it up some and add the potato puree - yummy.

Tons of good ideas in the stickies for pureeing veggies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy078 View Post
Hi, I'm starting day 6 and while I can say it's been going well I am an avid vegetable hater! Well at least the vegetables we are allowed to eat. I have been doing everything I can to purée them or doctor them up but that's definitely my biggest challenge. I also had the LapBand procedure about 8 years ago and while I have lost over 50 lbs with that I have been at a stand still for a couple years even with eating well and exercising. The LapBand restricts my portions so a lot of the time I can't eat more than a cup of food at a time. Seems like I'm eating 12 hours a day to get all this food in!!! But positive results already...looser clothes at least!!
Mandy - some veggies cook down to almost nothing. 2 cups of cooked spinach is about 6 bites. If you roast kale or zucchini it shrinks down too.

Just some ideas, I'm sure you'll come up with plenty of your own!
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 07:58 AM   #318
Senior Member
 
maureen kempster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Aylmer, Quebec
Posts: 858

S/C/G: 169/140.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

Mandy - I feel the same way about vegetabes - I've been blending them in my shakes in a Nutribullet - I'm thinking of making a quiche type of meal with spinach with my 4 eggs!!
__________________
maureen kempster is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 08:02 AM   #319
Senior Member
 
maureen kempster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Aylmer, Quebec
Posts: 858

S/C/G: 169/140.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

I really like rhubarb but I can't find any - I used to buy the frozen
__________________

Last edited by maureen kempster : 01-30-2014 at 06:58 AM.
maureen kempster is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 08:04 AM   #320
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,432

S/C/G: 257/135/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
I can't find rhubarb but I can't find any - I used to buy the frozen
I can usually find rhubarb frozen at Whole Foods or PCC Markets.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 01-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #321
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1

Default New here

Hi All!
I have been on the Ideal Protein diet for three weeks and so far I've lost
13 lbs. (I have a weigh-in tomorrow.) I am an older gal, and lost my husband a few months ago. I have a lot of weight to lose. I love all the tips I get from this site. Thanks all!
K9gal is offline  
Old 01-30-2014, 06:14 AM   #322
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cayman Islands
Posts: 148

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Default

Hi everybody, I'm in my fourth week on IP. Still figuring stuff out but definitely getting there. I've been going through some light headed moments but my coach and I are working on that. I didn't lose anything last WI but I had lost inches so I'm not too concerned. There's always going to plateaus and we just need to accept those and move on. Still, slightly frustrating when I've been 100% OP.

Good luck to everyone. This site has definitely helped me understand the plan so much better.
RosiePosie101 is offline  
Old 01-30-2014, 07:01 AM   #323
Senior Member
 
maureen kempster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Aylmer, Quebec
Posts: 858

S/C/G: 169/140.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

I'm on day #6 Week #1 - did have 2 days where I ate oatmeal & a bar but I'm hoping that won't be too bad. Weigh in tomorrow at 6 PM
I'm feeling great
__________________
maureen kempster is offline  
Old 01-30-2014, 07:06 AM   #324
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,432

S/C/G: 257/135/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9gal View Post
Hi All!
I have been on the Ideal Protein diet for three weeks and so far I've lost
13 lbs. (I have a weigh-in tomorrow.) I am an older gal, and lost my husband a few months ago. I have a lot of weight to lose. I love all the tips I get from this site. Thanks all!
Hi K9gal - congrats on the -13 lbs! That is outstanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Hi everybody, I'm in my fourth week on IP. Still figuring stuff out but definitely getting there. I've been going through some light headed moments but my coach and I are working on that. I didn't lose anything last WI but I had lost inches so I'm not too concerned. There's always going to plateaus and we just need to accept those and move on. Still, slightly frustrating when I've been 100% OP.

Good luck to everyone. This site has definitely helped me understand the plan so much better.
Rosie - I'm sure it's been mentioned, but are you getting all your salt in? I end up licking it off my hand followed by a large glass of water if I get lightheaded.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 01-30-2014, 09:31 PM   #325
Junior Member
 
TravelingChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Upper Midwest
Posts: 22

Default

Quick question.....my coach suggested that I have 4 IP packets daily due to my weight, and up to 5 during the first week. I have had 3 today and no cheats, and don't feel like having the 4th, as it is already bedtime and I am not hungry. Should I have one anyway?
TravelingChick is offline  
Old 01-30-2014, 09:36 PM   #326
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 6,803

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingChick View Post
Quick question.....my coach suggested that I have 4 IP packets daily due to my weight, and up to 5 during the first week. I have had 3 today and no cheats, and don't feel like having the 4th, as it is already bedtime and I am not hungry. Should I have one anyway?
Here's what I know:
Others have done this plan starting at very high weights and started on 3 pks from the start.

And what I think: Your coach suggested that b/c the thought is you might need more at first. With the excitement of day 1, personally, I think you're fine.

But know up to 5 will be allowed this week if you need them (only 1 restricted, tho)
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 01-30-2014, 09:42 PM   #327
Senior Member
 
ColoradoCarol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)
Posts: 417

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingChick View Post
Quick question.....my coach suggested that I have 4 IP packets daily due to my weight, and up to 5 during the first week. I have had 3 today and no cheats, and don't feel like having the 4th, as it is already bedtime and I am not hungry. Should I have one anyway?
I have heard that that is an option above 200. I started at 265 and I never used it but I never dealt with horrible bouts of hunger. I'd ask if they think it is a need due to the possibility of going into famine mode and storing everything or if they are worried you might be hungry. You might call tomorrow and ask
__________________


Fun in the Sun Summer Challenge

5.8 lost, 19.2 to go
ColoradoCarol is offline  
Old 01-30-2014, 09:42 PM   #328
Junior Member
 
TravelingChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Upper Midwest
Posts: 22

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Here's what I know:
Others have done this plan starting at very high weights and started on 3 pks from the start.

And what I think: Your coach suggested that b/c the thought is you might need more at first. With the excitement of day 1, personally, I think you're fine.

But know up to 5 will be allowed this week if you need them (only 1 restricted, tho)
Thank you! I think I will pass on number 4 for tonight. I have not felt the need to use 5 at all.
TravelingChick is offline  
Old 01-30-2014, 09:47 PM   #329
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1

Default Ideal protein concerns

I've been on ideal protein on and off for 6 months. The first 3.5 months I lost 80 lbs. I'll be honest I was excited. However I had a health scare and since then I've had a hard time getting in the diet and staying in it to finish my goal. Having such a hard time with this and it's costly
Nay39 is offline  
Old 01-30-2014, 09:58 PM   #330
Junior Member
 
TravelingChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Upper Midwest
Posts: 22

Default

Nay39......wishing you the best with respect to the health scare. Are you saying the health scare was related to the diet, or just that it has been hard to get back into IP since the scare? Hopefully the fact this is a monitored diet can be of consolation....

Last edited by TravelingChick : 01-30-2014 at 09:59 PM.
TravelingChick is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:45 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2