3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Ideal Protein Newcomers introduce yourself here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #181

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyseR View Post
New to ideal protein, made it one week so far with 6lbs! Trying VERY hard to keep with it.
Stick with it. You can do it. It is hard at first, but then it just becomes a part of you. The success will carry you through. It's an old quote but, works for me: "Nothing tastes as good as feeling thin feels"

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckiek View Post
I just started on Monday and am just getting used to the protocol. I think I may be in ketosis but I do still feel hungry at times. Is it true that I won't feel hungry soon?

I've seen a lot of recipes using the packets and I was wondering if I have to Forego one of my packets for the day (especially if I won't be the only one eating the entire recipe)?

Appreciate any tips you want to impart. Thanks!
If you use a recipe with a packet - that would use one of your packets for the day. So if you are to have 3 packets a day, and you make a recipe using mushroom soup (for instance), then you would have 2 packets left for the day.

I have heard people say that when you are in ketosis they aren't hungry. I remember that at the beginning, but I have been on this diet since mid-July and I do get hungry at times.

My tips: Eat all your packets, veggies, and protein EVERY day. Make sure you take all your vitamins every day, eat your salt and drink your water every day. Plan, plan, plan. Stick to eating what is on the list. If it isn't on the list, don't eat it. If you're not sure if it is approved, then don't eat it and ask your coach later. Remember there are a lot of things that may not even occur to you that aren't on the list, for instance ketchup. Ketchup has sugar/carbs. So either use mustard or buy WF ketchup.

I have stayed 100% on program since I have started. Phase 1 is part of my thinking.

Fun in the Sun Summer Challenge

5.8 lost, 19.2 to go
Old 01-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #182
RWaldo

S/C/G: 161/154/140

Height: 5'8"

Default IP Newcomer

Hello- I am 5'8 started at 161lbs. My heaviest adult weight 184
I would like to get to my lowest adult weight 140....before kids and before not caring about what I ate. I was always really thin until after my kids and then lifestyle caught up with me. My problem is stomach,back and hips. This is where all the fat goes, I have had people comment oh...I did not know you where pregnant? my response..neither did I.

I started IP 1/3/2014. I have lost close to 8lbs so far. I really like the program so far, I can handle the packets, I am tired of the soups though. I just started adding my veggies to the soup so that helps. Does anyone have any good Phase 1 recipes? I am having a hard time finding recipes here. (user error)
Thanks!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:44 PM   #183
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginaw View Post
Hello- I am 5'8 started at 161lbs. My heaviest adult weight 184
I would like to get to my lowest adult weight 140....before kids and before not caring about what I ate. I was always really thin until after my kids and then lifestyle caught up with me. My problem is stomach,back and hips. This is where all the fat goes, I have had people comment oh...I did not know you where pregnant? my response..neither did I.

I started IP 1/3/2014. I have lost close to 8lbs so far. I really like the program so far, I can handle the packets, I am tired of the soups though. I just started adding my veggies to the soup so that helps. Does anyone have any good Phase 1 recipes? I am having a hard time finding recipes here. (user error)
Thanks!
Welcome!
Go to post 1 of the daily Chat. You'll find lots of recipe thread links

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

Last edited by lisa32989 : 01-16-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:17 PM   #184

S/C/G: 229(April 1,2014)/208/150

Height: 5'7

Hi all! I just started the IP diet on Wednesday and am down 3 pounds. I know it is all water weight for the time being, but it is a great motivator! What happens if I am unable to eat all of the my food for the day? I have had a shake for breakfast and lunch, as well as a salad with a half cup of mushrooms and a cup of bell pepper for lunch with the WF dressing (creamy italian). Supper has been chicken and squash or cauliflower. I am having to force myself to eat any lettuce or third packet because I am just not hungry. Help!
Old 01-16-2014, 10:23 PM   #185
IP start 7/30/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrerich View Post
Hi all! I just started the IP diet on Wednesday and am down 3 pounds. I know it is all water weight for the time being, but it is a great motivator! What happens if I am unable to eat all of the my food for the day? I have had a shake for breakfast and lunch, as well as a salad with a half cup of mushrooms and a cup of bell pepper for lunch with the WF dressing (creamy italian). Supper has been chicken and squash or cauliflower. I am having to force myself to eat any lettuce or third packet because I am just not hungry. Help!
The lettuce isn't required. The packets & veggies are.
You can even purée spinach in a shake to assure you get all your veggies in.
Before long, you'll be craving MORE veggies.
I hope by "squash" you mean zucchini? It's the only allowed squash.
Some veggies cook down more, as well, which might make it easier to get them all in.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:32 PM   #186
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Question... I have a BBQ to go to on Sunday. I'm taking a salad and I will bring along my WF dressing. I know there will be steak and if I have a shake beforehand, the food will be under control. My question is what to drink? I don't want to just take a bottle of water. Any ideas of what I could have that is P1 compliant?
Old 01-16-2014, 10:56 PM   #187

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Question... I have a BBQ to go to on Sunday. I'm taking a salad and I will bring along my WF dressing. I know there will be steak and if I have a shake beforehand, the food will be under control. My question is what to drink? I don't want to just take a bottle of water. Any ideas of what I could have that is P1 compliant?
My understanding is that a long as it is 0 calories/ 0 fat and 0 sugar its ok. I occasionally mix together some club soda, water and generic sugar free/ calorie free drink packet (I like fruit punch) from the grocery store. It tastes like a cream soda and knocks out the craving for something fizzy.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:00 PM   #188
IP start 7/30/2012

The 0/0/0 is carbs/sugar/fat ( not calories)

Old 01-17-2014, 05:24 AM   #189

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi,
I'm a newbie starting day 4 today. I've heard the first three days are the toughest. If that's the case, I'm home free.... However, I did start curbing my carbs way back before starting the diet. I heard it was much easier to transition that way. I did have one small issue yesterday. I went to get a massage at the request of my chiropractor. When I got up I felt like I was going to pass out and nauseous. I didn't think I was going to make it home. Water and a 1 hour nap fixed that.
I've learned so much from reading everyone's posts. You all are very inspiring. I'm happy to be here with you.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:32 AM   #190
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashadee View Post
My understanding is that a long as it is 0 calories/ 0 fat and 0 sugar its ok. I occasionally mix together some club soda, water and generic sugar free/ calorie free drink packet (I like fruit punch) from the grocery store. It tastes like a cream soda and knocks out the craving for something fizzy.
Thanks Sashadee. I will see what I can find at the supermarket.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:16 AM   #191

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
Hi,
I'm a newbie starting day 4 today. I've heard the first three days are the toughest. If that's the case, I'm home free.... However, I did start curbing my carbs way back before starting the diet. I heard it was much easier to transition that way. I did have one small issue yesterday. I went to get a massage at the request of my chiropractor. When I got up I felt like I was going to pass out and nauseous. I didn't think I was going to make it home. Water and a 1 hour nap fixed that.
I've learned so much from reading everyone's posts. You all are very inspiring. I'm happy to be here with you.
Welcome Vippysue! I'm on day four of my reboot (I cheated on my birthday) and feeling good. I have a massage on Monday so I hope That doesn't happen to me!

Old 01-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #192

S/C/G: 260

Height: 5'4

Default Good Morning Everyone

Another newbie here. I start IP on monday, so I'm on day 5. I feel much better everyday, getting my water in daily , which was a scary effort for me, but now I dont find it too difficult. Scheduling is everything, helps alot. I am cooking two separate meals in the evening , one for me and another for the family and right now seems exhausting, hope it gets easier.

Im excited for my WI on Monday, not expecting over the top results but a couple of pounds would be great.

All of you have done so well! Truly great motivators!
Old 01-17-2014, 10:52 AM   #193
IP start 7/30/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallytime View Post
Another newbie here. I start IP on monday, so I'm on day 5. I feel much better everyday, getting my water in daily , which was a scary effort for me, but now I dont find it too difficult. Scheduling is everything, helps alot. I am cooking two separate meals in the evening , one for me and another for the family and right now seems exhausting, hope it gets easier.

Im excited for my WI on Monday, not expecting over the top results but a couple of pounds would be great.

All of you have done so well! Truly great motivators!
Why 2 separate meals?
The meat & veggies are good (better?) for EVERYONE. Then maybe just add a starch for them?

Old 01-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #194

Hello Everyone,
I started IP on 1/7/14 and have lost 6.25 lbs so far. This is the most drastic thing I have ever done to lose weight. So far I am really happy with the plan, and find that planning out the meals is key. It's the not knowing what you are having for Dinner that can get you into trouble.
I have found packets that I like but will definitely need to utilize some of the recipes for others.

How do you get the little weight tracker at the bottom?
Old 01-17-2014, 11:14 AM   #195
IP start 7/30/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleenc2014 View Post
Hello Everyone,
I started IP on 1/7/14 and have lost 6.25 lbs so far. This is the most drastic thing I have ever done to lose weight. So far I am really happy with the plan, and find that planning out the meals is key. It's the not knowing what you are having for Dinner that can get you into trouble.
I have found packets that I like but will definitely need to utilize some of the recipes for others.

How do you get the little weight tracker at the bottom?
Go to the first post of the daily chat thread. It explains all about trackers. AND there are a zillion links for info you'll need!

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.