Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 11:11 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 321.2/250.6/199

Height: 5'8"

Thanks, Lisa.

I have found in my past failed attempts that when I make 20lbs my first goal, I lose momentum to continue the moment I hit the -20 mark. A slightly larger goal will take me longer, which is necessary for my stamina, I believe.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:45 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 165/149/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Still feel like a newbie 14 days in....

Hi, everyone!

I went for an early weigh-in this week, and I've lost 4 pounds since Thursday... which means 13 pounds in 14 days on the diet.

So far, I am impressed with this diet. It's true that I really don't get hungry. And most of the food is pretty tasty. I was disappointed in the chili -- a strong soy taste. But otherwise, not bad.

And that mango pre-made drink... that is HEAVEN! How can that be legal?

I am thrilled to report that I have stayed on the diet despite a really rough week (lost job, terminated a long-term relationship). I don't know that I'll ever quit loving the food I really love (I miss Mexican food -- and fajitas just don't cut it without guacamole, cheese or sour cream), but I'm happy to be losing weight.

So I lost 4 pounds, but I lost 8 pounds of fat. How is that possible? Can someone explain?

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2014, 01:04 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'3"

Redmuse, you have had a rough week - your determination is inspiring.

I'm still trying to figure out how it is that I can weigh 150 lb (146 on home scale), wear a size 6 jeans, and have a BMI of 36.6, so I have no idea about how you can lose 4 lb. and 8 lb. of fat…but hope trying to figure out how I lost twice as much fat as pounds is my next conundrum. Good for you!
Old 01-15-2014, 01:13 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 193/154/137

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettynurse555 View Post
Weighed in this morning after a 12h night shift. Got off at 7, went shopping and weighed in at 10. Weight loss was 5.8 lbs and 3 inches. I'm disappointed with my week 1 weigh in. I stuck to the plan to a T, no gum etc etc and was hoping for more of an 8 or 9. I do feel my clothes fitting better and the girls at work think my "tummy" has shrunk. Here's hoping! 5 lbs is ok, but for the effort I put in I was hoping for a better #.

Here's to next week.
5.8 lbs and 3 inches lost is awesome!! All your numbers are going in the right direction. I am on week 6 which means I was on IP over Christmas and New Years and did really well. I just stayed focused on following the IP program everyday and did not worry about what the numbers were. One week I did not lose any weight but I lost inches…so just allow yourself to experience the process and celebrate each success no matter the size. Soon enough you will be on the last inner hook of your bra and having to go shop for a new one that is smaller

Blessings,

Judi
Old 01-15-2014, 01:23 AM   #170  

Default Need advice

Hi, new here. I've been on IP for 4 weeks. I lost 7 lbs in 10days, total of 10lbs so far. My goal was to lose 20 lbs. I was really hoping to work out at th gym when at goal. I have history of gestational diabetes, not diabetic although I do sometimes feel hypoglycemic.
Anyway, I am really having a hard time now. I feel like I'm in a straightjacket. I miss pasta, crusty bread, sweets, etc. This evening I just went and had a large bowl of granola cereal w/almond milk. It was so yummy, actually tasted sweet. I'm not at goal but am happy with the progress so far, I was thinking just to go to phase 2 so I can get off this diet or just quit altogether.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:40 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 193/154/137

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennRN View Post
I am really having a hard time now. I feel like I'm in a straightjacket. I miss pasta, crusty bread, sweets, etc. This evening I just went and had a large bowl of granola cereal w/almond milk. It was so yummy, actually tasted sweet. I'm not at goal but am happy with the progress so far, I was thinking just to go to phase 2 so I can get off this diet or just quit altogether.
JennRN…hang in there. I want to encourage you to stay with IP and obtain your goal. I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease a little over a year ago and actually found being on IP a life saver over the holidays. I have also missed pasta, crusty bread and Christmas sugar cookies…but this year because I was on IP I did not eat one cookie and did not feel deprived. I felt so good about the fact that I was so successful and I did not experience any ill effects from eating the wrong foods. For you there will be a time soon again when you can eat those things in moderation and I believe there are lessons to be learned while on the trail to reaching your goal.

Blessings,

Judi
Old 01-15-2014, 02:10 AM   #172  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennRN View Post
Hi, new here. I've been on IP for 4 weeks. I lost 7 lbs in 10days, total of 10lbs so far. My goal was to lose 20 lbs. I was really hoping to work out at th gym when at goal. I have history of gestational diabetes, not diabetic although I do sometimes feel hypoglycemic.
Anyway, I am really having a hard time now. I feel like I'm in a straightjacket. I miss pasta, crusty bread, sweets, etc. This evening I just went and had a large bowl of granola cereal w/almond milk. It was so yummy, actually tasted sweet. I'm not at goal but am happy with the progress so far, I was thinking just to go to phase 2 so I can get off this diet or just quit altogether.
Stick with it..... No crusty bread is worth it....
Old 01-15-2014, 06:39 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 178/156/140

Height: 5' 6"

Default New to IP forum

Good morning! I started IP November 5th and managed to make it through the office plethora of treats and the Holidays without cheating. It's been hard but I am determined. I have had to avoid some parties and outings so I am not tempted. I've made it through a few Happy Hours with me drinking just water. I am not a daily or even weekly drinker anyway but I do miss the occasional cocktail. I have lost 21 pounds. Like many of you I am struggling with the big C. I have been combing the forums and appreciate all the advice.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:29 AM   #174  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmuse View Post
So I lost 4 pounds, but I lost 8 pounds of fat. How is that possible? Can someone explain?
Redmuse - If you're being weighed on one of the scales that shows fat, water, etc. those things are notoriously inaccurate. Of course you can't lose 4 lbs and have 8 of it be fat - unless you somehow magically turned 4 lbs of fat into muscle or lean body mass in a week.

I'd not worry too much about it, the way your clothes fit, the inches you lose, and the way you feel are much better indicators of how you are doing - the scale is only one measure of progress.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:04 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Redmuse - If you're being weighed on one of the scales that shows fat, water, etc. those things are notoriously inaccurate. Of course you can't lose 4 lbs and have 8 of it be fat - unless you somehow magically turned 4 lbs of fat into muscle or lean body mass in a week.

I'd not worry too much about it, the way your clothes fit, the inches you lose, and the way you feel are much better indicators of how you are doing - the scale is only one measure of progress.
At the IP place I frequented, the chiro I saw told me the body fat indicator on nearly any of the measuring devices is not accurate since there will be some interference from lose skin, and any water retention issue will also give things a wacky result. She recorded the numbers...but said..Take it for what it's worth if you like the number..but if it seems off... It probably is! And the "off" is usually not in your favor once you start losing due to interference.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:59 AM   #176  
Start date 1-13-14

S/C/G: 195/172.5/145

Height: 5'4

I really like the Ideal Appetite app for the diet. It has great recipes.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #177  
Re-start IP 1/1/14

S/C/G: 190/169/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeje1234 View Post
Good morning! I started IP November 5th and managed to make it through the office plethora of treats and the Holidays without cheating. It's been hard but I am determined. I have had to avoid some parties and outings so I am not tempted. I've made it through a few Happy Hours with me drinking just water. I am not a daily or even weekly drinker anyway but I do miss the occasional cocktail. I have lost 21 pounds. Like many of you I am struggling with the big C. I have been combing the forums and appreciate all the advice.
Congrats on getting through the holidays!! That is something to really be proud of because it would have been so easy for you to take time off...but that would have set you way back and been that much easier to take time off at a later date. I, too, have found it's easier to just avoid some parties and get togethers because the temptation would be too great. Although I know I won't cheat, I just wouldn't have as much fun being around all that stuff and watching everyone else enjoy it. It sucks, but there will be a time for that later on. Now is when we need to make the investment in ourselves to be healthier. The longer I am on this diet, the easier it is to say no to things. Yesterday I took my son out for a cupcake after shots at the doctor and watched him eat barely 1/3 of it and I just threw the rest away. I was really hungry, but hardly tempted.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 258/221/150

Height: 5'9"

New to ideal protein, made it one week so far with 6lbs! Trying VERY hard to keep with it.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyseR View Post
New to ideal protein, made it one week so far with 6lbs! Trying VERY hard to keep with it.
Welcome, stick with it!
Old 01-16-2014, 03:34 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 204.6

Height: 63 inches

Question New to IP

I just started on Monday and am just getting used to the protocol. I think I may be in ketosis but I do still feel hungry at times. Is it true that I won't feel hungry soon?

I've seen a lot of recipes using the packets and I was wondering if I have to Forego one of my packets for the day (especially if I won't be the only one eating the entire recipe)?

Appreciate any tips you want to impart. Thanks!
Closed Thread