Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #136  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizliz View Post
I'm a baby here on day 4 of IP. I've been feeling a little resentful because I haven't had a weight loss whoosh yet. I know I need to stay off the scale! I also know that for me, comparisons lead to resentment and resentment will eventually lead to negative action...so I am really grateful for this site and all the experience and information it has. I'm also looking for positive things my body can tell me. I just sucked in my stomach and it went in farther that it has in years! I couldn't even suck it in a few weeks ago.

I'm looking for health in addition to weight loss. I want to be able to come off my blood pressure meds and just feel good again!
Welcome mizliz. I am the same way about comparing. When I first started on 2FC, I spent a lot of time looking at stats of all the posters here and being jealous that I wasn't getting the big weight loss numbers. That's why I put my stats in my signature to show others that sometimes the weight will not come off in huge chunks. I also was in a hurry to reach my weight loss goal and it was about the destination. Now it's about the positive changes I have made and my new love of healthy eating and cooking habits. Hang in there and have fun on this journey!
Old 01-11-2014, 06:31 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 302/262/145

Height: 5'6"

Default new to ideal protein : )

Hi there : ) I'm Jen and I started Ideal Protein 3 days ago! I am super excited to have found this forum and love what I have read so far! I have been obese but luckily healthy for my 35 years. I now worry things are going to fall apart lol. Little by little joint pain and sleep problems have entered my life. SO... before something big happens, I want to get to a healthy wieght. So excited to read your journeys as I begin mine!
<3 Jen

Last edited by Jensthree; 01-11-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #138  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensthree View Post
Hi there : ) I'm Jen and I started Ideal Protein 3 days ago! I am super excited to have found this forum and love what I have read so far! I have been obese but lu for ckily healthy for my 35 years. I now worry things are going to falll apart lol. Little by little joint pain and sleep problems have entered my life. SO... before something big happens, I want to get to a healthy wieght. So excitedread your journeys as I begin mine!
<3 Jen
Jen,

Welcome aboard!!! This a great forum for information and support. I wish I had found it earlier in my IP journey, but now I am on here regularly.

Congrats for addressing your concerns. I have been lucky that I don't have any major concerns due to my prolonged obesity, but like you I didn't want to push my luck.

Work the plan and you will succeed.

Carol
Old 01-11-2014, 08:24 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 194/169/145

Height: 5'4"

On day 2 of IP. Love the fact I have this group for help-so many questions! Have been reading as much as possible, but seems so much to learn.
Have done numerous other "diets", but know I need to change my habits to be successful.
Can't wait for weigh in on Wednesday
Old 01-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #140  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Welcome Jennagain and congrats on making the commitment to a healthier you! There's so much knowledge and support here, feel free to ask questions - someone usually knows the answer, has been in the same position, etc.

Recognizing that you have to change your habits is a good start - I know I can never go back to all the bad habits I had prior to IP. But I'm gaining the tools and knowledge to be able to make good decisions going forward and not ever go back to where I was.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:06 PM   #141  

Default Starting Monday!

Hi There,

I have been reading the posts on this site and gaining much information..Thank You!

I will be starting on Monday and am very apprehensive that I can make this work. We usually go out for lunch at work and we also like to go out at home. (You can see where my problem originates from.) I am motivated though!

The clinic where I purchased my items does not necessarily provide the support that I feel I may require but I know I can find my answers here on this board.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone on the boards!
I am hoping for good results on this plan. I have read so many successful stories here.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'3"

Hello, ladies.

I'm starting IP tomorrow.

About me: I'm 5'3, wear a size 6, (wait for it) weigh 145-150 (wait for it), and apparently have a BMI of 36.6! Who saw that coming?! If it weren't so sad, I'd be laughing.

The BMI chart on WebMD (height/weight/age/activity level) indicate I'm overweight at 26.6. I can see that. My doctor's electronic measurement showed 36.6 today. I'm just not sure what to believe. Crazy! Anybody else see differences like that?
Old 01-12-2014, 08:54 AM   #143  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivig View Post
I will be starting on Monday and am very apprehensive that I can make this work. We usually go out for lunch at work and we also like to go out at home. (You can see where my problem originates from.) I am motivated though!

The clinic where I purchased my items does not necessarily provide the support that I feel I may require but I know I can find my answers here on this board.
You can still eat out. Just have an IP product with a salad at lunch, with your own dressing.
Meat, veggies, salad work well for dinner as well.
What I'm more concerned about is a non-supportive clinic. What are you paying them for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimmerBySummer View Post
About me: I'm 5'3, wear a size 6, (wait for it) weigh 145-150 (wait for it), and apparently have a BMI of 36.6! Who saw that coming?! If it weren't so sad, I'd be laughing.

The BMI chart on WebMD (height/weight/age/activity level) indicate I'm overweight at 26.6. I can see that. My doctor's electronic measurement showed 36.6 today. I'm just not sure what to believe. Crazy! Anybody else see differences like that?
The bioimpedence scales are notoriously inaccurate. That isn't just inaccurate, it is wrong.
Are you sure they didn't mix up BMI with some other calculation (body fat percentage or something?)

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-12-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:53 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 207/174/150

Height: 5"3'

Smile Day 1 breakfast

So today was my 1st day on ip. Tried the egg & herb omelet, and so far, yummy. Hardest for me is coffee since I am a heavy coffee w half & half now using only 1 ounce skim (so not the same) but I'm staying focused on the bigger picture. Maybe I'll just give up coffee over the next few weeks. Any suggestions on how much water for the drinks? The packs don't say (for my starter pack drinks anyway). Glad I found this site, so many god reads to help in my journey!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by candoit in Lincoln View Post
So today was my 1st day on ip. Tried the egg & herb omelet, and so far, yummy. Hardest for me is coffee since I am a heavy coffee w half & half now using only 1 ounce skim (so not the same) but I'm staying focused on the bigger picture. Maybe I'll just give up coffee over the next few weeks. Any suggestions on how much water for the drinks? The packs don't say (for my starter pack drinks anyway). Glad I found this site, so many god reads to help in my journey!
Welcome! Most drink packets call for 7 oz of water but I usually used at least 10 or 12 oz.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:11 AM   #146  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
If you look at www.idealprotein.com they now have preparation directions listed with each product (click on The Products and then on the one you want to use).

Some people use part of their vanilla RTD in their coffee in place of milk.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #147  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
You can also use the Rfd vanilla drink as creamer!!!!!
Old 01-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

I just go ahead and mix a chocolate shake packet with my coffee in the AM. That way it's coffee and breakfast
Old 01-12-2014, 03:00 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The bioimpedence scales are notoriously inaccurate. That isn't just inaccurate, it is wrong.
Are you sure they didn't mix up BMI with some other calculation (body fat percentage or something?)

My doc pointed to the number and told me that's what my BMI was. I'm going to assume it's inaccurate and go by how I feel.

My first breakfast was "crispy cereal". Three bites and I decided it wasn't for me. I had a vanilla pre-made with my coffee. I miss half and half already.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 212/202/150

Height: 5'7

Hi There,

I've been on IP for a week now and already down 9lbs!(pretty sure that's what I gained over the holidays tho)

A little about myself

I'm 27 with two small boys 2.5 and 1. I never had an issue with my weight and had always been able to eat what I want, but after two pregnancy that has all changed. I'm excited the learn some healthy eating habit and to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.
Closed Thread