Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #481  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Hooray! Dh went and got a new coffee maker yesterday so I am happily drinking coffee this morning!

I realized this morning that the main reason I weigh myself daily is to make sure I don't wake up one morning and weigh 257 lbs again. I think it is taking awhile for my brain to catch up with the fact that I've lost weight. For some reason I think that little part of my brain keeps insisting that this may be a dream - kind of like I might wake up next to Suzanne Pleshette some morning (which only makes sense if you were a Newhart fan!).
Old 02-01-2014, 08:39 AM   #482  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Hooray! Dh went and got a new coffee maker yesterday so I am happily drinking coffee this morning!

I realized this morning that the main reason I weigh myself daily is to make sure I don't wake up one morning and weigh 257 lbs again. I think it is taking awhile for my brain to catch up with the fact that I've lost weight. For some reason I think that little part of my brain keeps insisting that this may be a dream - kind of like I might wake up next to Suzanne Pleshette some morning (which only makes sense if you were a Newhart fan!).
Thats so funny! And I can relate. I have to focus on the numbers each time I weigh because it seems unreal to me. Its always a nice suprise to see 30lbs gone and not have the usual deep groan that I can't believe how much I weigh! Its awesome and motivating!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #483  

Height: 5 '6

Good morning! Enjoying my 2 cups of water before I allow myself coffee! January was a crazy month so today I'm unpacking the last two boxes that are downstairs and then cleaning till it looks like the new house that it is! I've invited company for supper tomorrow night. That always motivates me to get all my cleaning done.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #484  

Height: 5'2

Quote:

Glad to hear you got some proper coffee this morning. I really try to not weigh myself every day but like you, I just have to make sure I didn't gain everything back overnight. Sometimes I say to myself "it's down again? wtf?", like I can't believe it's still working. It's like I expect it to stop losing despite all my efforts. I don't want to jinx myself here but I haven't experience a stall yet and hopefully never will but it could start when I get closer to a healthy BMI.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #485  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:

Yay for coffee! I cleaned my coffee maker this morning with some lime scale remover (after I had made the morning coffee!) I don't think it's been done in a while. Who am I kidding, my housemate doesn't drink coffee so it's never been cleaned properly!!

I also weigh myself every morning. But I don't write it down and I have such a shocking memory that I can't get stressed if it goes the wrong way because I can't recall exactly what it was the day before! I only monitor what my weekly weigh in at the clinic is. I had a stall last week. When I was doing WW some years back, I was always one of those people who would have an awesome loss and then nothing for a week or two or three or four and then whoosh another big loss would happen. Previously this would cause me to lose faith and fall off the wagon but this time with the measurements still moving when I stall, I feel I have more tools behind me to keep going. The support on here is so invaluable.

Oh big news. I went to the supermarket this morning and I found rutabaga which I don't think we have where I'm from originally (New Zealand) so I'm going to make rutabaga fries tonight. Do people keep their rutabaga in the fridge or should it be treated like onions or potatoes? I live In a hot climate so am not sure.

Happy weekend everyone and stay warm!!
Old 02-01-2014, 04:12 PM   #486  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:

I love your reference to that show where he wakes up realizing that the whole however many years of the Newhart shows had been "a dream".

Sometimes I catch sight of myself and it is hard for me to accept that the much slimmer person's figure is actually me! Not complaining....
Old 02-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #487  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Good morning! Enjoying my 2 cups of water before I allow myself coffee! January was a crazy month so today I'm unpacking the last two boxes that are downstairs and then cleaning till it looks like the new house that it is! I've invited company for supper tomorrow night. That always motivates me to get all my cleaning done.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Hooray for getting settled into the new house! Nothing like getting your own space and routine back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Glad to hear you got some proper coffee this morning. I really try to not weigh myself every day but like you, I just have to make sure I didn't gain everything back overnight. Sometimes I say to myself "it's down again? wtf?", like I can't believe it's still working. It's like I expect it to stop losing despite all my efforts. I don't want to jinx myself here but I haven't experience a stall yet and hopefully never will but it could start when I get closer to a healthy BMI.
Exactly - sometimes I wonder if it's going to quit working. I know logically it won't, but there's just this little piece of my brain that doesn't believe me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
When I was doing WW some years back, I was always one of those people who would have an awesome loss and then nothing for a week or two or three or four and then whoosh another big loss would happen. Previously this would cause me to lose faith and fall off the wagon but this time with the measurements still moving when I stall, I feel I have more tools behind me to keep going. The support on here is so invaluable.

Oh big news. I went to the supermarket this morning and I found rutabaga which I don't think we have where I'm from originally (New Zealand) so I'm going to make rutabaga fries tonight. Do people keep their rutabaga in the fridge or should it be treated like onions or potatoes? I live In a hot climate so am not sure.
I do the same thing - a couple or three slow weeks and then a big week. Learned to just accept that's the way my body wants to let it go and try to relax. Congrats on not letting it get to you!

I keep my rutabagas in the fridge. Don't know that it's totally necessary but I figure since the store keeps them in the refrigerated cases it makes sense to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I love your reference to that show where he wakes up realizing that the whole however many years of the Newhart shows had been "a dream".

Sometimes I catch sight of myself and it is hard for me to accept that the much slimmer person's figure is actually me! Not complaining....
Yeah, I wondered if I should post that in the Over 50 thread - showing my age!

Isn't that a great feeling?? I look in the mirror and it's like wow! That's really me!

Went & got nails done today - I now have green, blue and silver nails! Goes well with my Seahawks t-shirt (Beast Mode no less!).
Old 02-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #488  

RuthAnn - good job with the nails and GO SEAHAWKS!

I was all prepared to deal with Super Bowl Sunday - I was going to roast cauliflower and broccoli because that is a treat for me.

HECK NO! We have prospective buyers coming to see the house at 1:30PM....house can't smell of cauliflower! Dang. Must not be Seahawks fans - the better make an offer to buy after having our agent and our family out on SuperBowl Sunday.

I will still find a way to be 100% even though I cannot cook at home as I had planned. I have some of lovely Lisa's boiled chicken in the fridge so I will manage something.

Last edited by schenectady; 02-02-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #489  
Started IP 04/22/2013

schenectady - I think scheduling anything in town this afternoon should be considered a major offense! Seriously, they even closed the boat show down a day early.

Bummer on your plans though, but good for you for figuring out a way to stay 100%. Hope they buy!
Old 02-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #490  

Quote:
schenectady - I think scheduling anything in town this afternoon should be considered a major offense! Seriously, they even closed the boat show down a day early.

Bummer on your plans though, but good for you for figuring out a way to stay 100%. Hope they buy!
They finally left just after 2PM. It turned out that the family which showed up is the brother/sister of the family who is interested in buying but they are stuck on the other side of pass in Walla Walla. The agent had previewed the place earlier in the week and the sibs showed up to video everything.

So we have to wait some more ...maybe someone else will come along sooner.

Just saw the 2 point safety...
Old 02-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #491  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Keeping my fingers crossed for you schenectady!

Made it through the Super Bowl 100% and then had dreams that I was eating stuff I shouldn't - how weird is that?
Old 02-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #492  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Keeping my fingers crossed for you schenectady!

Made it through the Super Bowl 100% and then had dreams that I was eating stuff I shouldn't - how weird is that?
Glad you made it through super bowl. I thought you would have more to say about your precious Sea Hawks after that blood bath!

Happy to say I got my downstairs looking presentable in time for my company last night. Its really not that hard to have people over for a meal when you are on IP... I did a roast, green salad and yams. Then I just served a fruit plate for dessert. Most people are coming for the company and not for a heavy, fat laden meal. We enjoyed a good visit and the food wasn't too bad either!

Have a good day all!

Last edited by Hiker88; 02-03-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #493  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hiker88, so glad that your dinner went so well! I usually entertain a lot, but have avoided while on Phase 1. Although for the men in my family, tenderloin, mushrooms and grilled asparagus is the perfect meal. Are you enjoying your new home? New furniture? I am sitting in my new chair as I write

Congratulations Ruth Ann on the Seahawks' win! Hope you had fun.

Another snow day here in CT, 5-8 inches today with more expected on Wed. Getting a bit of cabin fever!
Old 02-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #494  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Went to a Super Bowl party yesterday that had tons of non-IP foods, but I remained 100%OP (that is the only thing that went right yesterday after the Seahawks trampled the Broncos).

I took a veggie tray and my own chili (without beans).

Congrats to the Seahawks and their fans - was a great victory. Unfortunately my beloved Broncos didn't show up for the game. Must have been imposters. LOL After the first play it went downhill after that.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #495  

We are all so happy for the Seahawks - this is a bunch of young guys who have not always been treated well by the press or the drafts. They may have not always said the right thing, but the earned this! I am very happy for Russell Wilson - a young man with his head and heart in the right place and front my family hometown!

Made it through the game day 100% OP! Lots of fluids and working off energy doing chores. I discover it is hard to me to sit still while on IP because I have so much more energy.

Coming close to my weight when married 24 years ago - three more pounds. I am having so much fun trying on clothes to see how close I am to wearing them. I have a nice and well stocked thrift store within walking distance so I drop off a big of the "too-bigs" and walk out with "soon-to-fits". Very encouraging.
Closed Thread