Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 01:25 PM   #226  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Have seen discussions where some are missing ketchup...and came across this version. She even posted two ways to make it and the calorie/carb fat counts...

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/evenbet...z_ketchup.html

I love her recipes. I've been acquainted with that web site for 10+ years (since my time on Atkins). Such sensible easy recipes. I make her BBQ sauce, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
So happy! Am 1 lb lower than my goal for my trip! We leave in a few days! I plan to have fun but not go crazy, food wise! I'm so shocked that I lost in Phase 3. I start maintenance tomorrow. Then back to Phase 1 when I return.
Lots of people continue to lose in P3 and I've only seen a few gain. I didn't actually get the glycogen regain until a few weeks into P4.
Congrats on hitting goal #1!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-13-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:09 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Can you point me towards your meatloaf recipe? I love meatloaf....
This is a general recipe I throw together: (adapted from IP cookbook)

1.25 lbs lean ground turkey or ground beef
2 cups finely chopped bell peppers (I use red & yellow in food processor)
1 fennel bulb finely chopped
1 cup chopped green onions
1/4c WF Ketchup
3 egg whites
3/4 bag of IP Southwest Cheese Curls - crushed
1 TBS horseradish (optional)
1 tsp mustard powder (I use a squirt of mustard)
t TBS onion powder

Preheat oven to 400

in a saucepan, heat the peppers & fennel till slightly soft, then add green onions. Cook for another minute. Let cool, then add to ground meat. Add rest of ingredients. Mix well.

Line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with tin foil. Spray lightly with Pam. Shape the meatloaf on the sheet. Sometimes I will divide it into 4 servings (I'll measure the portions to make sure they're mostly the same).

Cook till done. (approx 30 min) Note: the "loaf" doesn't stick together as well as traditional meatloaf and it's really moist. Don't overcook. I don't make mine very thick… mostly on the long side, so it cooks thru in 30 minutes. Really good and refrigerates well.

I'll double the recipe so I have for the week. If I only make 1, my family eats all of it. I count each portion as 6-7 oz protein and about 1 cup cooked veggies.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I love her recipes. I've been antiquated with that web site for 10+ years (since my time on Atkins). Such sensible easy recipes. I make her BBQ sauce, too!

Lots of people continue to lose in P3 and I've only seen a few gain. I didn't actually get the glycogen regain until a few weeks into P4.
Congrats on hitting goal #1!
Thanks Lisa!
Old 01-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #229  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
The cravings do go away eventually, almost scary when it happens. When you start craving your IP foods or a big salad or something to that effect you know it's started.
Yes it is scary for sure. Like when I have a steak and broccoli in front of me and eat the broccoli first!
Old 01-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #230  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

going to be a long day, I can tell. Woke up at 2 a.m. with night sweats and then was freezing and didn't get back to sleep until 4 a.m. And my alarm went off at 5:15 - whine, whine, whine Who scheduled me for 7:30 a.m. PT anyway?

Good thing I set up breakfast and lunch before I go to bed or I'd forget 1/2 my stuff!
Old 01-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #231  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
going to be a long day, I can tell. Woke up at 2 a.m. with night sweats and then was freezing and didn't get back to sleep until 4 a.m. And my alarm went off at 5:15 - whine, whine, whine Who scheduled me for 7:30 a.m. PT anyway?

Good thing I set up breakfast and lunch before I go to bed or I'd forget 1/2 my stuff!
Hope you get through the day Ruth Ann. I'm pretty sure my weight is up a bit because I'm now sick! Feels like its going to be a bad cold.. hope it doesn't last long.... back to the grocery store for a chicken to make soup!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #232  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Default First week done!!

Good Morning!

Woke up to find 4.2 lbs less of me this morning! HATE starting a reboot, but once you get past that first week (staying 100%) and have good numbers on the scale, it's easy to stay motivated, IMO.

I'm a pound away from where I ended almost 2 years ago, but I want to go 10 more pounds. When I phased off back then, I'd been on Phase 1 for 18 weeks and was more than thrilled with my weight loss and size (down 5 sizes). I didn't really want to continue. Wanted to focus more on maintaining which has been the challenge my whole life. Once I got that under "control", I knew I'd be back to finish eventually. This is the 3rd attempt in the past few months. My head's in it this time which is important as you all know.

Have a great day everyone!!

Pam
Old 01-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #233  
Carrol

S/C/G: 260/150/150

Height: 5'0

Wink

I want to join this blog because I have not cheated since I started in Sep. 2013, with Ideal Protein. My Doctor told me if I didn't lose this weight I would be in a wheel chair next year! So this is a wake up call for me. I needed to eat healthy for a long time. I've have been poisoning my body for years. I am 64 and its about time I get with the program. It may be expensive but its been the best diet I've ever been on.Lets get this ball a rolling.

Carrol

Last edited by Unforgetable; 01-14-2014 at 12:15 PM. Reason: add a word to make sense
Old 01-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #234  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgetable View Post
I want to join this blog because I have not cheated since I started in Sep. 2013, with Ideal Protein. My Doctor told me if I didn't lose this weight I would be in a wheel chair next year! So this is a wake up call for me. I needed to eat healthy for a long time. I've have been poisoning my body for years. I am 64 and its about time I get with the program. It may be expensive but its been the best diet I've ever been on.Lets get this ball a rolling.

Carrol
I am 69 but, like you, I started in September also due to my Doctor getting on my case. I had extremely high blood pressure and a variety of other weight related issues. I didn't know about this diet until he sent me to the IP program residing in the clinic...and the rest is history.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgetable View Post

Carrol
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64peppergirl View Post
I am 69 but, like you, I started in September also due to my Doctor getting on my case. I had extremely high blood pressure and a variety of other weight related issues. I didn't know about this diet until he sent me to the IP program residing in the clinic...and the rest is history.
Welcome. I began last year and was determined to lose 65 lbs by my 65th birthday in August. Which I did! You can do this...age was not a deterrent. Probably a little slower.... But I did not cheat..and my end goal was NOT unreasonable...and YES this is the best diet I was ever on. It is actually my "diet" now, easy for this to lead the way into the lifestyle change you MUST make.
Best wishes for good health!

Last edited by 65X65; 01-14-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Welcome. I began last year and was determined to lose 65 lbs by my 65th birthday in August. Which I did! You can do this...age was not a deterrent. Probably a little slower.... But I did not cheat..and my end goal was NOT unreasonable...and YES this is the best diet I was ever on. It is actually my "diet" now, easy for this to lead the way into the lifestyle change you MUST make.
Best wishes for good health!
Your 65X65 "name" is so memorable - it has always stuck with me. I would love have gone 60X60, but unfortunately, 60 pounds is not enough!

However, I am determined to make my into Onderland for my birthday at the end of April and that will be the best present ever. I was close to that weight when I met my husband 25 years ago. So I would have to be satisfied with 70X60!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:14 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Your 65X65 "name" is so memorable - it has always stuck with me. I would love have gone 60X60, but unfortunately, 60 pounds is not enough!

However, I am determined to make my into Onderland for my birthday at the end of April and that will be the best present ever. I was close to that weight when I met my husband 25 years ago. So I would have to be satisfied with 70X60!
I think what you have done is absolutely GREAT...and you are to be commended! Hitting another milestone this week too I see!! So happy for you. Ain't no stoppin' you from getting to goal either. That's the best thing! It is so apparent now!

(How about 60X60+10??)
Old 01-14-2014, 09:51 PM   #238  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Hope you get through the day Ruth Ann. I'm pretty sure my weight is up a bit because I'm now sick! Feels like its going to be a bad cold.. hope it doesn't last long.... back to the grocery store for a chicken to make soup!
I did make it through the day, thanks for the nice words Hiker. But now I'm tired - think it's going to be an early night. Hope you're feeling better soon, colds are the pits!

schenectady: Hooray for 50 lbs! Did you do the happy dance?

65: You are such an inspiration - you certainly could be the poster child for "how to do IP right!"

64peppergirl & unforgettable: I think health problems are a common reason people start IP. I know for me my blood work was horrible, I'd had 3 back surgeries and was just sick of being fat and hurting all the time. My blood work is now perfect and some of the other problems have resolved themselves. Had a couple of health bumps along the road but have stayed 100% and am just thrilled with how things are going!

Pamelama: Welcome back and you're right - having the right mindset is essential to being able to stay 100% OP!
Old 01-14-2014, 10:35 PM   #239  

Default Tmi

Ugh...I'm still coughing so much I used too many sugar-free cough drops today and now I'm all gassy/bloated from the sugar alcohols.

Make it GO.AWAY (the cough, that is)

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-14-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:18 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

I hope that everyone is feeling better soon! Nasty cold and flu season right now. Take it easy and look after yourselves! Heading out in a couple days for Mexico, looking forward to some sunshine and relaxation! Maintenance has been going well this first day!
Closed Thread