Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 08:12 AM   #196  

Height: 5 '6

After a big loss last week I'm up a pound. I had my 25 pound challenge WI this morning but my official WI isn't until Tuesday so we shall see what happens. I'm not complaining since the scale had a significant drop last week its all good!
Old 01-12-2014, 08:44 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

The body has a way of evening things out. When I have a low weight loss or none(have not had a gain yet), I usually have some good inches losses like everything has to shift to show on the scale. It is the long term we have to look at.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:01 AM   #198  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
After a big loss last week I'm up a pound. I had my 25 pound challenge WI this morning but my official WI isn't until Tuesday so we shall see what happens. I'm not complaining since the scale had a significant drop last week its all good!
You don't need to weigh separately for the challenge. Just use your Tuesday weigh in number. The scale can do goofy things throughout the week, which is why once per week is recommended. You certainly haver the right attitude about it & remember attitude is everything!
Old 01-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #199  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
You don't need to weigh separately for the challenge. Just use your Tuesday weigh in number. The scale can do goofy things throughout the week, which is why once per week is recommended. You certainly haver the right attitude about it & remember attitude is everything!
I probably weigh five or six days per week so I like to record my Sunday weight for the challenge. I've made a point of not getting worried when the number seems off since I know that I retain water sometimes..... for example I moved yesterday so its not a shock that my muscles are sore and they will hold onto water, therefore, it doesn't mess with my head.

As long as I am OP I know I will keep losing and it will vary from week to week.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hiker88- I am with you. I weigh every day, but do not let it derail me. I retain water very easily. In fact, that is one of the reasons they put me on a BP med. I have noticed that since I added EAS drinks, I am retaining more h2o. Of course, I purchased a bunch on sale! The EAS drinks have a much higher sodium level than the IP strawberry banana rtd. May have to go back to the $5.00. IP rtd. I am drinking additional water to flush the add. sodium out but not seeing a change.

Are you liking your new place?
Old 01-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Ya, its true, my coach was nervous when I told her that I weighed every day but I don't let it mess with my head, and attitude is everything! She said as long as it doesn't affect you in a negative way, then its fine. And when you've lost a lot of weight, I love seeing those numbers every day! I still have to look twice as its been about four years since I've been this weight! And it reminds me to keep 100% on the plan cause its so worth it! Everyone is different so you do what works for you!
Old 01-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #202  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I'm a daily weigher too, but I only really count the one on my coach's scale (which is consistently 2 lbs less than mine). Daily ups and downs don't really bother me - I figure it's a good habit to get into just so I can monitor how I react to certain foods.

My biggest "gain" was the day after surgery - up 4 lbs! Of course by the next morning I had "lost" 6 lbs. I didn't really think either number was accurate!
Old 01-12-2014, 12:08 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I'm a daily weigher too, but I only really count the one on my coach's scale (which is consistently 2 lbs less than mine). Daily ups and downs don't really bother me - I figure it's a good habit to get into just so I can monitor how I react to certain foods.

My biggest "gain" was the day after surgery - up 4 lbs! Of course by the next morning I had "lost" 6 lbs. I didn't really think either number was accurate!
Exactly! Understanding my own body for me is the only "gain" from doing this. The weekly weigh in was the one that mattered when I was seeing a coach....and the only one that I logged!
Old 01-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Daily weigh in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Exactly! Understanding my own body for me is the only "gain" from doing this. The weekly weigh in was the one that mattered when I was seeing a coach....and the only one that I logged!
I now weigh several times a week AND it no longer is an emotional issue with me.

Why? First, several wise people here helped me see that there is destructive thinking going on when I tie my daily weight to my emotional well being on this long journey.

Secondly, I have come to read my body a bit better and I am able to sense where I am through how clothes fit from day to day, how puffy my rings are, and plain just how I feel. For me, learning to listen to my body is an important thing to develop on many levels, and helps we monitor my health.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #205  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

I weigh daily too. It gives me an idea of how trying different things has an impact on the scale. I too only count the one on my coach's scale. I never could figure out why I sometimes weighed less on their scale in clothes than I did in my skivvies on mine until I had the weight bump. Turns out they lower their scale by 2 pounds to account for clothing.

I saw a 15 at the start of my weight this morning. I havent seen that in over 10 years for sure.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #206  

I've stayed off the scale since my P1 restart b/c I've been sick & didn't want to see inflated weight due to inflammation.
I'm going to make Wednesdays weigh-in day so I'm hoping I'll be well by then!
Once I get on a roll, daily weighing doesn't bother me and at some point I'll need to develop a healthy relationship with the scale (I got pretty frustrated with the stall). That healthy respect for the scale will help in maintenance.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:48 PM   #207  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I've stayed off the scale since my P1 restart b/c I've been sick & didn't want to see inflated weight due to inflammation.
Once I get on a roll, daily weighing doesn't bother me and at some point I'll need to develop a healthy relationship with the scale (I got pretty frustrated with the stall). That healthy respect for the scale will help in maintenance.
Thanks for the reminder about inflammation! I'm one of the daily weighers but count it once per week on the same day. Usually it doesn't mess with my head, but I've been 100% the last 2 weeks with no movement on the scale on my official WI day. I've been under a lot of stress at work and also a bit under the weather, so possibly inflammation is the culprit and things will start moving downward again once I am feeling better and can get my stress level under better control.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:43 PM   #208  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso58 View Post
I saw a 15 at the start of my weight this morning. I havent seen that in over 10 years for sure.
WTG!

Quote:
Hoping you're feeling better Lisa and things start going right for you!

If I get frustrated with the scale, I just call it unmentionable names. Dh thinks it's hilarious. Most of the time though it really doesn't make much difference to me - I know that it's just a measure of what I weigh at that particular moment but I do like to see the number every day just to remind me of where I am and where I came from.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:21 PM   #209  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

I weigh myself all the time. Several times during the day. I get almost obsessed with it. I'm always like that when I'm on diets. Feel like I need to keep watch and see if it's working. I really should just put my scale away. That's the my coach suggests...only weigh in there.

I'm really struggling with the big C. I'm not in pain or anything...just not going at all. The only times I've gone is if I've taken a gentle laxative or drank the Senna tea that my coach gave me. It's been 3 days again...should this really be the way it is? Am I doing something wrong? I don't want to have to rely on the tea or a pill for the whole diet!

Also...I just posted in the weekend chat, but I had a very big NSV today. Surrounded by food that I couldn't eat all day long...and I didn't cheat.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:22 AM   #210  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I weigh myself all the time. Several times during the day. I get almost obsessed with it. I'm always like that when I'm on diets. Feel like I need to keep watch and see if it's working. I really should just put my scale away. That's the my coach suggests...only weigh in there.

I'm really struggling with the big C. I'm not in pain or anything...just not going at all. The only times I've gone is if I've taken a gentle laxative or drank the Senna tea that my coach gave me. It's been 3 days again...should this really be the way it is? Am I doing something wrong? I don't want to have to rely on the tea or a pill for the whole diet!

Also...I just posted in the weekend chat, but I had a very big NSV today. Surrounded by food that I couldn't eat all day long...and I didn't cheat.
Congrats on the NSV
RE C
If no pain etc, could it be your body just doesn't have much waste & doesn't need to go as often as when eating more? If we're using all our fuel, there isn't much waste. More salads would provide more bulk
Closed Thread