Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 11:15 PM   #121  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I saw the surgeon who did my spinal fusion last year for my 1 year check up and he was absolutely amazed at my weight loss. Said it was the best thing I could have done for myself.

He also told me that for every pound of extra weight, it puts an additional 9 lbs of pressure on your ankles and feet. So I just had to do the math, of course, 9x95=855 lbs of pressure no longer on my feet. Wow.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:38 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 222.8/213.8/145

Height: 5'1

Hello! I'm a newbie here and this is my first time on the IP plan. I am using alternatives because, in all honesty, I cannot afford going through a clinic. However, I am committed to doing this 100%! Today was day 5 and went pretty good. I'm waiting for a big shipment of alternative products to make it in, and in the meantime, have been using the pure protein bars and rtd shakes. They are actually pretty good but I'm itching for some variety. I feel, overall, good - just kind of woozy and faint. NOT lethargic or like I got hit by a truck, just.....weird. I am a fainter and can feel a fainting spell coming on and the feeling almost feels like that - but I haven't fainted. Not sure if it's due to ketosis or low calories or what. I am not really hungry, sometimes my stomach grumbles a bit around meal time, but nothing too bad. Staying hopeful that it passes soon!

Does anyone have a favorite dinner recipe that does not include using packets they'd like to share? I tired the big mac in a bowl and it is delish!

Have a great day tomorrow. I look forward to posting here and staying 100% with you all!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:31 AM   #123  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoerba View Post
Hello! I'm a newbie here and this is my first time on the IP plan. I am using alternatives because, in all honesty, I cannot afford going through a clinic. However, I am committed to doing this 100%! Today was day 5 and went pretty good. I'm waiting for a big shipment of alternative products to make it in, and in the meantime, have been using the pure protein bars and rtd shakes. They are actually pretty good but I'm itching for some variety. I feel, overall, good - just kind of woozy and faint. NOT lethargic or like I got hit by a truck, just.....weird. I am a fainter and can feel a fainting spell coming on and the feeling almost feels like that - but I haven't fainted. Not sure if it's due to ketosis or low calories or what. I am not really hungry, sometimes my stomach grumbles a bit around meal time, but nothing too bad. Staying hopeful that it passes soon!

Does anyone have a favorite dinner recipe that does not include using packets they'd like to share? I tired the big mac in a bowl and it is delish!

Have a great day tomorrow. I look forward to posting here and staying 100% with you all!
Regarding the woozy/fainting feeling - are you eating your salt and getting all your water in? The salt will definitely affect this, put some on your hand and lick it.

Dinner for me is always 2 C veggies sauted in the olive oil and then the protein. Maybe a pork loin or a steak or some shrimp?

Good luck, push through it, you're doing great.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:06 AM   #124  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I saw the surgeon who did my spinal fusion last year for my 1 year check up and he was absolutely amazed at my weight loss. Said it was the best thing I could have done for myself.

He also told me that for every pound of extra weight, it puts an additional 9 lbs of pressure on your ankles and feet. So I just had to do the math, of course, 9x95=855 lbs of pressure no longer on my feet. Wow.
Its funny you should say that Ruth Ann, I knew there was extra pressure for every pound but didn't know the number.... I was just mentioning how after a long day on my feet, they don't hurt anymore.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:07 AM   #125  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Zoerba I'm with Carol on the salt and water. Especially in the beginning I many times would just lick the salt right off my hand when I felt woozy followed by a big glass of water - helped a lot. But if you have a medical condition that makes you prone to fainting to start with you really should check with your doctor.

Check out the recipe threads and the alternatives thread - lots of great ideas to give you some variety. Also check out the What Are You Eating thread, a lot of the people who post there use alternatives.

Best of luck to you and we're glad you're here to share your journey with us!

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 01-09-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #126  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

[/QUOTE]My dad was like that - he actually said to me "when are you going to do something about your weight? You're really getting fat." Well, thanks dad, I hadn't noticed. I know he was concerned for me but his "tact factor" apparently deserted him.[/QUOTE]

Ha! Ruth Ann, my Mom came to visit for the holidays and when I picked her up at the airport she says, out loud "Wow Al, you look lost a lot of weight; last year you were FAT!" Out loud at the AIRPORT!!!!

Thanks Mom...thanks a lot.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:10 AM   #127  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Ahhh, parents.

Last edited by AliExpat; 01-09-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:13 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default no packet hacker skills in my bag...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoerba View Post

Zoerba...

Have not done any packet hacking to speak of...Used pudding as a shake...if that counts!!

I made a conscious decision to change my involvement in the kitchen along with my relationship to food when beginning this lifestyle change. Also wanted recipes that I could just make that were "family-company-IP perfect" all in one effort.
Stuffed peppers is an easy recipe to adjust. Add chopped zuchinni and mushrooms for volume instead of rice
Sautee small pieces of your dinner animal protein using a little cooking spray olive oil and lemon juice and garlic powder...This works for chicken breast tenders and fish really well. Also works with pork medallions. Add sliced mushrooms and some water if needed to make a little "sauce". Serve with/on big salad! Use olive oil and lemon juice dressed salad with fresh ground black pepper.

Pork roast or turkey thighs in the crock pot...(they roast just fine)...till it falls/pulls apart. You could add barbecue sauce for the family after pulling yours out and using walden farms...if you like it..( i do not)..or just season plain meat with seasonings you like and serve over salad or cauli mash.

Brown ground meat of your choice using some 0/0/0 tabasco or hot sauce instead of tacco seasonings, (which is full of too much processed stuff and sodium)..use some red pepper flakes...garlic etc...be creative. Then top a salad with cukes, bell peppers and chopped celery with this meat and the best flavor is acheived when you add chopped pickles, both sweet no sugar added and dill low sodium...and...HOT PEPPERS!

Mustard Dressing:
(Basic- tweak the proportions + add H2Oif you need to)
2 parts any hot mustard that is (0/0/0)
1 part O Oil
1part plain wite rice vinegar
dash of Truvia/Stevia or some approved sweetener it if is blowing the roof off your palate. Some of the mustard brands are stronger than others!!
*My husband has now completely given up basalmic and red vinegar...and uses mine all the time.

*Can also be used as a dip for veggies...delish with bell peppers and celery sticks!!

Best of luck...it is really nice keeping things simple. I got real used to it, and love the found time to do new things.

Last edited by 65X65; 01-09-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #129  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Its funny you should say that Ruth Ann, I knew there was extra pressure for every pound but didn't know the number.... I was just mentioning how after a long day on my feet, they don't hurt anymore.
I noticed that too Hiker. Plus, I've had to buy nearly all new shoes! I like that problem!

The surgeon had a lot of questions for me about the diet, how my blood work improved, etc., etc. As a lot of us know, back pain can really hamper any exercise attempts and I know I gained prior to the fusion surgery because I was sitting around eating since it hurt so much to move.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:20 AM   #130  
Started IP 04/22/2013

My dad was like that - he actually said to me "when are you going to do something about your weight? You're really getting fat." Well, thanks dad, I hadn't noticed. I know he was concerned for me but his "tact factor" apparently deserted him.[/QUOTE]

Ha! Ruth Ann, my Mom came to visit for the holidays and when I picked her up at the airport she says, out loud "Wow Al, you look lost a lot of weight; last year you were FAT!" Out loud at the AIRPORT!!!!

Thanks Mom...thanks a lot.[/QUOTE]

Ali: Geesh, sounds like your mom needs a few filters! I kind of gave dad a pass on that one - parents can get away with more sometimes, especially when they are older (dad was 87 at the time). He died two years ago, but I know he'd be really proud of what I'm doing now.

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 01-09-2014 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #131  

Quote:

Incredible...those are serious numbers! No wonder we start feeling better after a few weeks!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:34 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default The really fun side of that fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Incredible...those are serious numbers! No wonder we start feeling better after a few weeks!
RuthAnn - I knew that there was some basis to those numbers but it is incredible to know and visualize exactly how much that is.

The fun part, for me, is that I get to do that shoe shopping since my feet are smaller. I have one pair of shoes, my previously most-comfortable-go-to-for-any-occasion shoes, that when I looked at them, I could see how misshapen they were, almost rounded at the edges from the force of my large and bloated feet. They went out RIGHT AWAY!
Old 01-09-2014, 10:00 AM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
RuthAnn - I knew that there was some basis to those numbers but it is incredible to know and visualize exactly how much that is.

The fun part, for me, is that I get to do that shoe shopping since my feet are smaller. I have one pair of shoes, my previously most-comfortable-go-to-for-any-occasion shoes, that when I looked at them, I could see how misshapen they were, almost rounded at the edges from the force of my large and bloated feet. They went out RIGHT AWAY!
YEAH...CUTE SHOES HAVE MY VOTE! ESP IN NICE WEATHER...ITS BOOT WEATHER HERE...AND IT'S GETTIN' OLD!
Old 01-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning! It's been awhile since I posted here I was a "regular" over a year ago (& 52 lbs ago). I'm now an IP Coach and run my own clinic. I am currently on day 3 of a reboot (7 lbs slow creep in the past 18 mos) and probably will go a bit longer to lose an additional 10lbs.

I really missed the support of these boards. Especially the 100% NO CHEAT posts. Looking forward to checking in with everyone. When I have some time, I will post a before & after at the bottom of my signature (if I can figure that out)

Have a great day everyone!

Pam
Old 01-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
I noticed that too Hiker. Plus, I've had to buy nearly all new shoes! I like that problem!

The surgeon had a lot of questions for me about the diet, how my blood work improved, etc., etc. As a lot of us know, back pain can really hamper any exercise attempts and I know I gained prior to the fusion surgery because I was sitting around eating since it hurt so much to move.
Its always great to see the health benefits especially to this program! I had a nice compliment yesterday from one of my 'thin' friends. She was asking about healthy carbs and the program I was on because she said that I was looking so healthy and that sometimes people who are losing weight don't. I thought that was great to hear, I want to be healthy, not just slim! She wanted to know about the carbs for her own diet. I was pleased that others notice the health benefits and not just my losses!
Closed Thread