Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #61  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Good morning everyone! I officially hit a 50 pound loss this week and I'm looking forward to three weeks of a regular schedule before I have to travel again.... I will be going to Vancouver on business and then will fly to see my parents at there winter place for the weekend... Yes Ruth Ann, I have a number I want to be when I see them... but I won't sweat it if I don't get there! LOL!

It will be nice to escape our extreme weather conditions we have experienced this year!
good going Hiker! Too funny on the number date and glad you won't sweat it if you aren't exactly there (although sweating means you're losing, right?).

I want a sunny vacation in the worst way but not going to happen soon. Oh well, I'll stay nice and cozy inside and crank up the heat!
Old 01-01-2014, 09:10 AM   #62  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Hiker, very nice and such an accomplishment! I have 10 more pounds to hit 50(10 was on my own so my signature only reflects IP losses).

Heading to the in-laws this afternoon, but this time I will be armed with a lovely veggie tray.
Did you change your avatar drd? I like it!
Old 01-01-2014, 09:13 AM   #63  

Height: 5 '6

Don't you just love vegi trays? Its so nice to be able to bring something we can eat when going out. I went to a friends for another turkey dinner last night and since she knows I'm on IP she asked me to bring a salad. I had a lovely dinner of turkey, brussel sprouts and a huge salad. It was delicious and I took Ruth Ann's advice and concentrated on the visiting and not the food!!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Did you change your avatar drd? I like it!
Yes, I figured out how to reduce the photo side so it would upload!
Old 01-01-2014, 11:22 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Veggie tray is done and I think it is quite beautiful. I used red and yellow bell peppers and radishes for bright color. Celery, cucumbers and cauliflower offset that. I made a dip for those that want something with their veggies, but I do not mind eating mine plain. I have a big bowl with lettuce to bring, a little container with my EVOO and a packet of Waldens dressing for my green salad. I think I am as armed as I can be to go into the land of high processed carbs! Oh and an IP brownie for my desert. Hubby saw me eating one of those last week at work and he was quite interested, LOL.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #66  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Veggie tray is done and I think it is quite beautiful. I used red and yellow bell peppers and radishes for bright color. Celery, cucumbers and cauliflower offset that. I made a dip for those that want something with their veggies, but I do not mind eating mine plain. I have a big bowl with lettuce to bring, a little container with my EVOO and a packet of Waldens dressing for my green salad. I think I am as armed as I can be to go into the land of high processed carbs! Oh and an IP brownie for my desert. Hubby saw me eating one of those last week at work and he was quite interested, LOL.
Sounds great. Always easier to stay OP with a plan.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:37 AM   #67  

So, I went out to dinner last night and stayed 100% OP. I always have a packet of WF dressing in my purse. So I had a salad. I had Prime Rib (only ate the middle and stayed away from the fatty edges), asked for extra veggies (asparagus) in lieu of the baked potato. I think I did okay. I will know at weigh in tomorrow. I am not expecting a large loss this week as I posted a 6.8lb loss last week and normally after a big loss the following week is very small.

Happy 2014!
Old 01-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #68  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Very cool drd! Sounds like you have it covered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
So, I went out to dinner last night and stayed 100% OP. I always have a packet of WF dressing in my purse. So I had a salad. I had Prime Rib (only ate the middle and stayed away from the fatty edges), asked for extra veggies (asparagus) in lieu of the baked potato. I think I did okay. I will know at weigh in tomorrow. I am not expecting a large loss this week as I posted a 6.8lb loss last week and normally after a big loss the following week is very small.

Happy 2014!
I love prime rib! Usually dh makes it for NY but this year he opted for a tip roast - yummy. Mashed cauliflower for me and mashed potatoes for the guys. Feast time!
Old 01-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #69  

I love prime rib! Usually dh makes it for NY but this year he opted for a tip roast - yummy. Mashed cauliflower for me and mashed potatoes for the guys. Feast time![/QUOTE]

I do too. I am proud of,myself that I have stayed 100% OP since I started,IP. I saw one of your posts that you,said each day you stay 100% OP it is easier. Totally agree. I think I have P1 programmed in my brain.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #70  

Height: 5 '6

Good Morning! Its seems strange that its Thursday considering yesterday was a glorious day off.... Only two days and then its the weekend, Yay!!

I don't get possession of my new hse until Jan 10th so I've been staying with friends and thank goodness she is on IP so we just take turns making dinner.... makes it easier but I can't wait till I can have my own place again and get into a good routine... maybe in February!! LOL

I can't wait to have a home again!!!
Old 01-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #71  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Good morning! Monday for the second time this week!

Carol I think for now having our brains trained to P1 is a good thing. It's gotten so I kind of ignore non-P1 food right now - I may take a whiff or a look and think, oh that smells/looks good but it never crosses my mind to eat it.

Hiker: I'll bet you can't wait to move into your own place. As much as you may love your friends, there's nothing like your own kitchen, etc. When we moved here I was here for a week staying with my sister until my dh got here and I was so glad to get into our own place with all my stuff.

Had a great day yesterday - very relaxed and low-key. Dh made 2 beautiful roast beasts (yeah for leftovers!) and I even made the mashed potatoes and apple pie for the guys (I had caulimash and lemon wafers). Dh loves being my official "taste tester".

Have a great 100% day all!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:08 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

RuthAnn I always love reading your posts because you are so positive and cheery. You have done a phenomenal job on IP and must be an inspiration to many of us reading on this site. Thank you (and others like Lisa and 65X5) for being solid supporters.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:28 PM   #73  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
RuthAnn I always love reading your posts because you are so positive and cheery. You have done a phenomenal job on IP and must be an inspiration to many of us reading on this site. Thank you (and others like Lisa and 65X5) for being solid supporters.
How sweet of you schenectady! You really gave me a lift tonight (and I needed it!).

Long day today - two Mondays in the same week just isn't right. Was so busy I didn't get in as much water as I usually do so chugging away now since I don't want to have to drink a whole bunch just before bed.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:55 AM   #74  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Ugh - I wish people would quit talking about colds, it seems to spread them! Woke up this morning with my sinuses all packed up and a headache, yuck.

Oh and tip of the day - when heating your cappuccino be sure you set the microwave for 1 minute - not 10 minutes. There is a difference.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:52 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Ruth Ann..
Warm wishes...and get well. Last year I ended up with a sinus infection 1 week into my IP official start. THE PITS!
Fruit flavored 0/0/0Tea...clear broth and .....rest! If possible!!
Closed Thread