Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #46  

Height: 5 '6

I was out of town so gave myself my 50lbs reward a pound early! I picked out a new couch set and yes... I had a glorious massage! It felt wonderful and I look forward to finding a way to reward myself when I get down 60 (probably won't be expensive furniture!!)
Old 12-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #47  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good advice as always 65 and good to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
I was out of town so gave myself my 50lbs reward a pound early! I picked out a new couch set and yes... I had a glorious massage! It felt wonderful and I look forward to finding a way to reward myself when I get down 60 (probably won't be expensive furniture!!)
Congrats Hiker! And what a great reward for yourself! Now I want to get new living room furniture!
Old 12-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #48  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm brand new to this board and to IP (on day 5 today) but I was wondering about this thread. I plan to be OP 100%...why would I want to cheat!?! I don't plan on eating anything that I'm not supposed to, the cost of the plan alone is a deterrent plus I want to keep moving down. I've tried so many other plans and have a few friends on this and it appears it really works...and I want it to work for me, too!

So is this thread mostly to chat and check in? I'm excited for my first weigh-in (yes, I said excited!) on Thursday!! So far so good. I've had TONS of temptations around me. I started the day after Christmas and there is lots of candy and cookies around me. Plus, my husband had a poker party on Saturday night and all of the guys brought lots of junk food. I'm determined to make this work.

I haven't set a definite goal. I'm sort of scared to do that. I thought it would be to lose 50 pounds, but when I checked the BMI calculator, it was that would still be overweight. So, it would need to be 60 pounds to be in normal and honestly that scares me. That's lower than I've been since high school!

I also plan on rewarding myself at each 10 pound increment...small things (and obviously not food!). Manicure/Pedicure, Massage...maybe even a vacation with my husband after 50.

Anyway, not sure if this thread is the right place for me, but I am definitely on this 100%!
Old 12-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #49  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Hi Jendilly - welcome to the 100% thread and to IP!

This thread is for people who are committed to staying 100% on plan. We do some general chatting but mostly we give each other motivation, support, ideas, etc. This is a "cheat free" zone - if you're like most of us you already know how to cheat on a diet and it's much harder to not cheat!

Good for you for avoiding the temptations! Every time you exert that control over what you eat it strengthens your "resolve" muscle and makes the next time easier.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Today, I was 100% OP AND not tempted or hungry all day. I am hoping that this means I am over the hump of the bad times and back where I like to be.

I was sore and tired today but still made it to the gym - it is amazing how that has brought my spirits up. To discover that I can work out for 1/2 hour is amazing to me. I even do short spurts of running while on the treadmill and even though they are short, it made me feel like I am human and not just an incredibly obese old lady!

IN about a week, I am going to add one of the water aerobic classes every day or so to try to get things going a little faster. My mind is incredibly locked into focusing on making this program work. Stay turned.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #51  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Can one of you 100% ladies help me out on the board here? I'm new (as I said above) and am trying to search the recipes. My sweet hubby went to the store today and bought a few more WF things for me...and knowing I've been craving chocolate with all the sweets around...he bought the chocolate dip. I tried a little taste and wasn't thrilled, so wondering if there are some yummy recipes or ideas that you all have that would use it. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Can one of you 100% ladies help me out on the board here? I'm new (as I said above) and am trying to search the recipes. My sweet hubby went to the store today and bought a few more WF things for me...and knowing I've been craving chocolate with all the sweets around...he bought the chocolate dip. I tried a little taste and wasn't thrilled, so wondering if there are some yummy recipes or ideas that you all have that would use it. Thanks!
Welcome! WF products are hit or miss. A dollop of the chocolate dip with ice and your shake in the blender is not bad. It kind of "fluffs" it up a bit.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #53  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
See my post to you on the daily chat
Old 12-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #54  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Today, I was 100% OP AND not tempted or hungry all day. I am hoping that this means I am over the hump of the bad times and back where I like to be.

I was sore and tired today but still made it to the gym - it is amazing how that has brought my spirits up. To discover that I can work out for 1/2 hour is amazing to me. I even do short spurts of running while on the treadmill and even though they are short, it made me feel like I am human and not just an incredibly obese old lady!

IN about a week, I am going to add one of the water aerobic classes every day or so to try to get things going a little faster. My mind is incredibly locked into focusing on making this program work. Stay turned.
WTG schenectady!! Ever day you stay 100% it really does get easier. And yeah on the exercise - just be careful, don't need you hurting yourself.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 206/201/145

Height: 5'9

I found this interesting article about what happens to your body when you have a carb day and then try to get back on plan. It's explains why you may have increased hunger in the two days after, how to deal with it and how your long it takes to recover. It has to do with insulin storage. Thought this might be helpful for the 100% plan people to keep on track for the New Years festivities tonight!

http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19058156.php
Old 12-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Sashadee: interesting article. I am going to share it on Oct. Newbies. We have to break the cycle if we are going to learn, especially in maintenance.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #57  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Happy New Year!

Happy New Year 100%ers!

I'm so grateful to have found IP last year and in particular, this helpful and supportive community. I'm also grateful that I was mentally, spiritually and physically ready to make this change in my life/health. For me the 100% on plan lifestyle has been a lifesaver. I've seen my best intentions slide down the slippery slope before and am so proud that hasn't happened this time.

Looking forward to 2014 I'm hopeful I can be happier and healthier as I learn how to maintain while living a full life.

Best wishes to you all for a great 2014!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:33 AM   #58  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Interesting Sashadee - thanks for posting the article.

Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone has a wonderful 2014 full of joy, love and continued success in their quest to become healthy!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:55 AM   #59  

Height: 5 '6

Good morning everyone! I officially hit a 50 pound loss this week and I'm looking forward to three weeks of a regular schedule before I have to travel again.... I will be going to Vancouver on business and then will fly to see my parents at there winter place for the weekend... Yes Ruth Ann, I have a number I want to be when I see them... but I won't sweat it if I don't get there! LOL!

It will be nice to escape our extreme weather conditions we have experienced this year!
Old 01-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Hiker, very nice and such an accomplishment! I have 10 more pounds to hit 50(10 was on my own so my signature only reflects IP losses).

Heading to the in-laws this afternoon, but this time I will be armed with a lovely veggie tray.
Closed Thread