Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 11:52 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Please be nice - I messed up this weekend. There is no excuse, and I am paying for it with my stomach - both figuratively and literally! Am I still allowed to be here if I ate some non-IP approved things?

I don't like how I feel right now, and this is sort of my confessional for this Sunday.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:00 AM   #422  

Historically this thread had been the one where we don't talk cheating. It's been the place to escape the cheat talk

Daily thread might be a better place for anyone feeling the need to confess in the future
Old 01-27-2014, 09:16 AM   #423  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning! I think I may have overdone the PT exercises yesterday, my upper back is barking at me something fierce.

On the plus side, I have oatmeal/zucchini muffins for breakfast although they came out more like cookies since someone took my muffin tins to sort something in the garage so I used my whoopie pie tin. At least they'll still taste good! Have to love a diet where I can eat cookies for breakfast!

I sorted my IP packets this weekend using bread baskets - worked out pretty well and now I can see what I have. I also have an inventory on an excel spreadsheet so it's easy to keep track.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:28 AM   #424  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Good morning all my 100% friends!

You all help me still..every singleday. Although I'm in maintenance...by seeing you on track everyday...it is helpful not to let myself get sidetracked, and drift. IP and the lo carb principles will need to be what I live by forever...that and the scale. Keeping connected to all of you makes me unafraid of the scale. We are in this together, and I never want to drift to the point I'm afraid to weigh myself again. This works for me...and I thank you all. I know the scale is not a positive motivator for some, but for some of us..it is THE best thing we can do for ourselves.

So .... Good Morning all and have a grand day ... doing what works for you!

Old 01-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #425  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Good morning all my 100% friends!

You all help me still..every singleday. Although I'm in maintenance...by seeing you on track everyday...it is helpful not to let myself get sidetracked, and drift. IP and the lo carb principles will need to be what I live by forever...that and the scale. Keeping connected to all of you makes me unafraid of the scale. We are in this together, and I never want to drift to the point I'm afraid to weigh myself again. This works for me...and I thank you all. I know the scale is not a positive motivator for some, but for some of us..it is THE best thing we can do for ourselves.

So .... Good Morning all and have a grand day ... doing what works for you!

Aw 65 - you are such a motivating and inspirational person, glad we are able to give something back to you!

I have learned from you that the focus I have now will have to continue even after I leave the packets behind - this truly is a lifelong journey and watching you live it successfully gives me courage to do the same!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:46 AM   #426  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Ya. Lol. I'm having Brussels sprouts today (fresh, roasted...the only way to prepare IMO)
Who woulda thought I'd think Brussels sprouts are a treat???
There were carrots on yesterday's veggie tray. I don't even like them anymore!
I wish there were a few other items I could lose my taste for...
You sound like me, Lisa! I was astonished to discover that I would love cabbage (roasted cabbage, crispy and crunchy) as I do. I look forward to the days I am making it and I am afraid I probably even make some rude groaning noises when I eat it.

Being 100% OP can be fun even though my house stinks after such treats because cooking things like brussell sprouts or cabbage leaves a long lingering smell. With the house on the market starting today, I may have some modifications to make with what I cook.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #427  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Good morning! I think I may have overdone the PT exercises yesterday, my upper back is barking at me something fierce.

On the plus side, I have oatmeal/zucchini muffins for breakfast although they came out more like cookies since someone took my muffin tins to sort something in the garage so I used my whoopie pie tin. At least they'll still taste good! Have to love a diet where I can eat cookies for breakfast!

I sorted my IP packets this weekend using bread baskets - worked out pretty well and now I can see what I have. I also have an inventory on an excel spreadsheet so it's easy to keep track.
I actually laughed out loud when I read your post. My DH has absconded with so many of my kitchen items, never to be found again in his garage! I can't tell you how many measuring spoons I have "lost". What does he do with measuring spoons?! I haven't had the zucchini muffins in quite some time, I will have to make some again soon. I still have some frozen zucchini to use up. I hope your back feels better soon.

65X65: I totally get what you said about checking out all the other threads to keep on track. I felt that once I was in maintenance that I should stick to that thread, but realized that was just dumb. I get a lot of motivation from keeping in touch with everyone who is still on P1 and plugging away. Maintenance is definitely not the end of this for me. I know it is a constant challenge to stay on plan and not return to my old habits.

schenectady: I love cabbage as well. I finally tried roasted brussel sprouts a while ago and they were yummy. I cook a lot of riced cauliflower and boy does that stink up my house. How can food that stinks so bad taste so good?
Old 01-27-2014, 01:42 PM   #428  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Yep - she was certainly rather brash with her opinion that IP is a fad diet and unhealthy and then told me how she couldn't do low carb, low calorie or pretty much anything else because of her medical conditions. I finally just couldn't stand it any more and I really do try to be kind to everyone but it just popped out.

It's funny now - but I was not happy with myself!

And welcome bythesea! This is a great group to hang out with!
RuthAnn - I support you in what you said - it is not s if she had not given more than a lot of reason to deserve it. There is no point in trying to tell you that IP is a fad diet- does that mean you did not successfully lose, that you are stupid, that you should gain it back? It makes me wonder what her reason was in saying that?
Old 01-27-2014, 03:59 PM   #429  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Yep - she was certainly rather brash with her opinion that IP is a fad diet and unhealthy and then told me how she couldn't do low carb, low calorie or pretty much anything else because of her medical conditions. I finally just couldn't stand it any more and I really do try to be kind to everyone but it just popped out.

It's funny now - but I was not happy with myself!

And welcome bythesea! This is a great group to hang out with!
A friend recently asked if I could help her to do what I had done to lose weight. I printed out everything I have and put together a list of tips, recipes, meal ideas, and samples of supplements and orders I have placed from Nashua Nutrition and Diet Direct, as well as items I have purchased locally. We met at her house the other night to go over everything. When her BF came home he was quite skeptical and of course had not been there to hear me explain the concept behind a protein sparing modified fast. The first thing he asked, "are there things you say no to? do you restrict any types of food?" He said he didn't think any diet would work where you tell people "no" you can't have that because they can never maintain that.

First, I made it clear I am not selling something and only passing on the info I have learned. In fact, I am also passing on the info to do it at less than half the price of when I started! I explained to him that while there is an end to Phase 1, not all people can eat anything they want without an impact on either their health or their weight. He is a very slender guy and eats anything he wants, mostly junk. After listening to the concept and my own personal experience he ended up saying he thinks he needs more protein and he is always tired and doesn't seem to have the strength he used to. He was 100% supportive of IP by the end of the night! I think the biggest thing is that he was willing to listen. I advised him to read the Phase 4 info to make better choices in his daily meals that might help him retain his lean muscle and gain more energy.

My friend feels better knowing he will support her now. He has just seen her do a lot of "fad" types of diets with little to no success and is rightly concerned. Her most recent was "juicing". Until you see the results of IP, and understand it, it can be difficult to get behind it. Speaking from personal experience, I was not ready to start IP until I set my mind to the fact that I had to change! I was lucky enough that I found out about IP when I did, but I was also open to it at that time. I feel sad for people who aren't willing to change because I know how unhappy they are.

Being in denial is a powerful thing, but so is personal accountability. It can be frustrating dealing with people who don't want to change or make excuses all the time. You're right...stay fat then, because that is the only option if they aren't willing to change. If they want help, then I know you will gladly give it.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:12 PM   #430  

Height: 5 '6

Well I'm back from my business trip and then a detour to see my parents for the weekend. I'm looking forward to getting into my routine! Its so much easier to be OP when I'm home... I don't even have to think about what I'm going to eat or when... I just go into auto pilot!
Old 01-27-2014, 04:24 PM   #431  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Just ordered my first order from Nasua Nutrition ( sp) and ran to my local restraunt supply to get my sf coffee suryps. Man my vanilla with spiced pureed zuchinni with some pumpkin pie tastes pretty dang tasty.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:00 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
A friend recently asked if I could help her to do what I had done to lose weight. I printed out everything I have and put together a list of tips, recipes, meal ideas, and samples of supplements and orders I have placed from Nashua Nutrition and Diet Direct, as well as items I have purchased locally. We met at her house the other night to go over everything. When her BF came home he was quite skeptical and of course had not been there to hear me explain the concept behind a protein sparing modified fast. The first thing he asked, "are there things you say no to? do you restrict any types of food?" He said he didn't think any diet would work where you tell people "no" you can't have that because they can never maintain that.

First, I made it clear I am not selling something and only passing on the info I have learned. In fact, I am also passing on the info to do it at less than half the price of when I started! I explained to him that while there is an end to Phase 1, not all people can eat anything they want without an impact on either their health or their weight. He is a very slender guy and eats anything he wants, mostly junk. After listening to the concept and my own personal experience he ended up saying he thinks he needs more protein and he is always tired and doesn't seem to have the strength he used to. He was 100% supportive of IP by the end of the night! I think the biggest thing is that he was willing to listen. I advised him to read the Phase 4 info to make better choices in his daily meals that might help him retain his lean muscle and gain more energy.

My friend feels better knowing he will support her now. He has just seen her do a lot of "fad" types of diets with little to no success and is rightly concerned. Her most recent was "juicing". Until you see the results of IP, and understand it, it can be difficult to get behind it. Speaking from personal experience, I was not ready to start IP until I set my mind to the fact that I had to change! I was lucky enough that I found out about IP when I did, but I was also open to it at that time. I feel sad for people who aren't willing to change because I know how unhappy they are.

Being in denial is a powerful thing, but so is personal accountability. It can be frustrating dealing with people who don't want to change or make excuses all the time. You're right...stay fat then, because that is the only option if they aren't willing to change. If they want help, then I know you will gladly give it.
I think it is good he is trying to make a change to feel better. My husband was one of the skinny guys who could and did eat anything. He now is way too heavy because it has caught up to him and really has no clue how to lose it or feel better. I gave up trying because he will not eat veggies and is so addicted to sugar.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:22 PM   #433  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
I actually laughed out loud when I read your post. My DH has absconded with so many of my kitchen items, never to be found again in his garage! I can't tell you how many measuring spoons I have "lost". What does he do with measuring spoons?! I haven't had the zucchini muffins in quite some time, I will have to make some again soon. I still have some frozen zucchini to use up. I hope your back feels better soon.
Yeah, loaf pans and muffin tins seem to be the things that disappear the most - I really have no clue what he's doing with them and I don't think I want to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
RuthAnn - I support you in what you said - it is not s if she had not given more than a lot of reason to deserve it. There is no point in trying to tell you that IP is a fad diet- does that mean you did not successfully lose, that you are stupid, that you should gain it back? It makes me wonder what her reason was in saying that?
schenectady, I really think some of it is ignorance and the other part is jealousy. Seeing me successfully lose weight is like an affront to her since she wants to lose but just can't get the discipline to do it. I really wish her the best - someday I hope she'll figure out that it would make her feel better. Until then, I have just learned to ignore the comments.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:25 PM   #434  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Well I'm back from my business trip and then a detour to see my parents for the weekend. I'm looking forward to getting into my routine! Its so much easier to be OP when I'm home... I don't even have to think about what I'm going to eat or when... I just go into auto pilot!
Welcome back Hiker! And congrats on making it through the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
I think it is good he is trying to make a change to feel better. My husband was one of the skinny guys who could and did eat anything. He now is way too heavy because it has caught up to him and really has no clue how to lose it or feel better. I gave up trying because he will not eat veggies and is so addicted to sugar.
drd - my dh is one of these lucky people who can eat anything and if he thinks he's up too much he just quits eating ice cream for a week or so and he's back down. The biggest problem we have is keeping the weight on him. He'll eat healthy food, but loves his cookies, cakes, ice cream, etc. But he is my biggest cheerleader!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:57 AM   #435  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:

Dak I meant to comment on this last night and then, well... life happens!

What a great friend you are! To take the time and energy to try to help someone get healthy is so generous of you.

The part I bolded up there is exactly right - until someone gets to a place where they are ready to change, they aren't going to. Nothing I say is going to budge them, but maybe they can see my success and it motivates them. I know watching my boss lose 120 lbs was very motivating for me.

So I try hard not to take the naysayers personally - they are coming from a different place than I am and speaking from their own insecurities. It says more about them than it does about me. I know where all the supportive, kind, fun people are - right here on this board!
Closed Thread