Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 08:30 AM   #376  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
That is such a good idea!
Great - now I'm anxious to get there so I can take the rings in for re-sizing!

Anyone else tired of winter? I am so ready for spring. I know I shouldn't wish for time to go faster but this winter seems to be really long and it's only January! Maybe I need a vacation someplace warm.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:44 AM   #377  

After winter storms and sub-zero temps, it's supposed to be 52 on Sunday. A hint of Spring! (Followed by more cold from the north. I know our Canadian friends like to share & all, but...KEEP your winter weather!)
Old 01-24-2014, 09:12 AM   #378  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
After winter storms and sub-zero temps, it's supposed to be 52 on Sunday. A hint of Spring! (Followed by more cold from the north. I know our Canadian friends like to share & all, but...KEEP your winter weather!)
I know ya'll are seeing a lot colder temps than I am but dang I agree! 30s and 40s are toooooo cold for this sub-tropical gal!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:48 AM   #379  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I know ya'll are seeing a lot colder temps than I am but dang I agree! 30s and 40s are toooooo cold for this sub-tropical gal!
Especially with so much less insulation!

I'm laughing at people the last few afternoons - the sun has been out so it must be warm, right? So there they are, in their shorts and flip-flops and fleece jackets! Only in Seattle...
Old 01-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Great - now I'm anxious to get there so I can take the rings in for re-sizing!

Anyone else tired of winter? I am so ready for spring. I know I shouldn't wish for time to go faster but this winter seems to be really long and it's only January! Maybe I need a vacation someplace warm.
Yes, yes, yes. Of course by this time every winter I am ready for spring but this year the weather has been so cold and snowy, and I am ready to see what spring clothes I can fit into!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:27 PM   #381  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Especially with so much less insulation!

I'm laughing at people the last few afternoons - the sun has been out so it must be warm, right? So there they are, in their shorts and flip-flops and fleece jackets! Only in Seattle...
Ruth Ann, they do that in Colorado too.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #382  

I am tired of being cold too. But it has been a mild winter in the Denver area, but our weather changes quickly. It was in the 60's last weekend, then it snowed yesterday, it will be near 60 tomorrow and then snow on Monday. We do get a great deal of sunshine - over 300 days/year - so that helps the mood.

I think my coldness stems from the smaller amount of insulation that I have (less fat ) and that my office is ALWAYS cold. I just had my thyroid re-tested so that isn't it.

So I always have hot herbal tea on my desk and my water, I drink them in tandem.

Happy Friday all.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #383  

Had my weigh in yesterday, another 1.2 lbs off (my week last week was 4.6, so my body tends to "equalize" after a bigger loss) and a couple of inches gone. I am now at 72 lbs gone forever!!! Hooray!!! That is such a great feeling.

I feel healthier, happier and very committed to this program. I still don't have tons of energy, but I think that comes from a variety of reasons.

I remain 100% OP, and find myself liking vegetables a whole lot more. Another thing I have realized is that making dinner every night isn't that bad. I am single and live alone (with the exception of my 2 dogs). My old excuse was I'm too tired to cook or it takes too long. I have found that at most it takes me 30 minutes to fix dinner. Most of the time it is 20 minutes. I prep my lunch stuff (veggies, lettuce and boiled eggs) at the beginning of the week so I don't have to make them during the week. It is all about planning and not being willing to deviate and cheat.

I will admit I don't have a huge social circle. But my family, friends and co workers don't use peer pressure to tempt me into eating (or drinking) things I won't.

Also, the support and information I receive here are definitely tools to success and you are all so supportive and informative.

Have a good Friday!!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #384  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Had my weigh in yesterday, another 1.2 lbs off (my week last week was 4.6, so my body tends to "equalize" after a bigger loss) and a couple of inches gone. I am now at 72 lbs gone forever!!! Hooray!!! That is such a great feeling.

I feel healthier, happier and very committed to this program. I still don't have tons of energy, but I think that comes from a variety of reasons.

I remain 100% OP, and find myself liking vegetables a whole lot more. Another thing I have realized is that making dinner every night isn't that bad. I am single and live alone (with the exception of my 2 dogs). My old excuse was I'm too tired to cook or it takes too long. I have found that at most it takes me 30 minutes to fix dinner. Most of the time it is 20 minutes. I prep my lunch stuff (veggies, lettuce and boiled eggs) at the beginning of the week so I don't have to make them during the week. It is all about planning and not being willing to deviate and cheat.

I will admit I don't have a huge social circle. But my family, friends and co workers don't use peer pressure to tempt me into eating (or drinking) things I won't.

Also, the support and information I receive here are definitely tools to success and you are all so supportive and informative.

Have a good Friday!!
Huge congrats on your loss Carol! I'm the same way. I used to go out to eat every night since I live alone with my dogs. I've not only noticed that it doesn't take that long to cook, I am saving a ton on gas from not driving to eat every night. IP Rocks!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:28 PM   #385  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Ruth Ann, they do that in Colorado too.
Quote:

Have a good Friday!!
Glad it's not just Seattlites that are nuts Carol!

Yeah on 1.2 lbs gone! You're zooming along!

Prep is so important - although dh helps out, the planning and making sure it's ready is up to me. I love being able to grab and go in the a.m. since my brain doesn't start working too early.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:33 PM   #386  

Quote:
Glad it's not just Seattlites that are nuts Carol!

Yeah on 1.2 lbs gone! You're zooming along!

Prep is so important - although dh helps out, the planning and making sure it's ready is up to me. I love being able to grab and go in the a.m. since my brain doesn't start working too early.
Yeah, unfortunately my dogs don't help with prep. LOL. I generally take my lunches for the week with me on the first day of the work week. Our department of 12 has a full size refrigerator (that we all chipped in on) so there is plenty of room.

I am just plugging away at the diet. I am very satisfied with how I am doing. Of course, I would like it to come off quicker, but don't we all. I am hoping that by late spring I have it all gone and will be on maintenance. I want to go on vacation but don't want to phase off before I'm done, for me I think that is a recipe for disaster.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #387  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I saw someone leaving the Y today after a workout in shorts. Brrr. My niece lives in Texas and could not get to work because of ice. Since they do not have all the salt and equipment we have here they have to wait for a thaw. It looks like we should got to Alaska to get warm!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:50 PM   #388  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Have a good Friday!!
Congrats on the great loss! It sounds like we have a similar lifestyle. Sometimes that makes it easier, living alone - we can purge our space of temptation. But sometimes it is challenging to go it alone. To your point, this forum is great I too am also new-ish to cooking and will say it hasn't been as hard or time consuming as I thought. I hope I can keep it up as the norm even in maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso58 View Post
Huge congrats on your loss Carol! I'm the same way. I used to go out to eat every night since I live alone with my dogs. I've not only noticed that it doesn't take that long to cook, I am saving a ton on gas from not driving to eat every night. IP Rocks!
Me too Calypso...I would eat out every night and frankly a lot of lunch days too. Lunch was a little more social tho sometimes dinner was too. I miss it but I know portions and choices weren't the best. I hope I can make better choices now...and know I don't need to go out every night. I think IP has taught me that if I do choose to eat out, there are better choices i can make.

Happy Friday night to you both! Just finished dinner -- grilled lemon pepper chicken and cauli mash. Yum!

Last edited by vachinyc; 01-25-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:15 PM   #389  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Yeah, unfortunately my dogs don't help with prep. LOL. I generally take my lunches for the week with me on the first day of the work week. Our department of 12 has a full size refrigerator (that we all chipped in on) so there is plenty of room.

I am just plugging away at the diet. I am very satisfied with how I am doing. Of course, I would like it to come off quicker, but don't we all. I am hoping that by late spring I have it all gone and will be on maintenance. I want to go on vacation but don't want to phase off before I'm done, for me I think that is a recipe for disaster.
Too funny about the dogs not helping! We have one dog and 2 cats and they won't help either. In fact, I currently have a cat on my lap helping me type.

You know, just plugging away is all we can really do. I agree it would be nice to have it happen faster, but I figure if it takes some time to get the weight off it gives me time to readjust my attitude about food and learn some good habits. If all the fat just magically disappeared, what would I have learned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Congrats on the great loss! It sounds like we have a similar lifestyle. Sometimes that makes it easier, living alone - we can purge our space of temptation. But sometimes it is challenging to go it alone. To your point, this forum is great I too am also new-ish to cooking and will say it hasn't been as hard or time consuming as I thought. I hope I can keep it up as the norm even in maintenance.
I have sometimes wondered if it would be easier living alone (not that I plan to off dh or anything!), especially since the guys eat a lot and love their junk food. Then again, staying OP while surrounded by food I'm not currently eating has really upped my self-discipline!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:21 PM   #390  

Believe me there are plenty of times I exercise my self discipline. There is always some type of food at work or work lunch functions. The next challenge (which I am definitely ready for and will not cheat) will be a superbowl party. I have been 100% OP since the start and will not change.
Closed Thread