Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 04:41 PM   #316  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Slipfree- a long walk on the shoreline sounds divine! Yeah for you for being able to do it!
Old 01-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
We have another one thank heavens...BUT I had brunch with my old boss this Am and she told me about the end of their lease sale at the mall..so I zipped over...WHOOOP- dee - DOO!!

I scored 5 pair of Talbots winter pants for ...get this $118!!

All in a size 2P.....expecting myself to still be that size next winter.....
I am green with envy and happy for you! I am like Ruth Ann that I am still buying clothes on the cheap because my size is still changing.

In getting ready to put the house on the market, I decided to go through the closet and try on everything. What was funny is that there was a huge pile of sweaters and tops that had to go straight to the thrift store - my bust has DISAPPEARED! All too big. I am down to small larges or large mediums. if that makes sense.

Now I am waiting for things below the waist to get smaller. I am comfortably in size 18's so that is my next goal to make go away. I carry my weight on my hips, thighs and rear so I am exercising those to make them firmer underneath.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:09 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post

...... because my size is still changing.

In getting ready to put the house on the market, I decided to go through the closet and try on everything. What was funny is that there was a huge pile of sweaters and tops that had to go straight to the thrift store - my bust has DISAPPEARED! All too big. I am down to small larges or large mediums. if that makes sense.

Now I am waiting for things below the waist to get smaller. I am comfortably in size 18's so that is my next goal to make go away. I carry my weight on my hips, thighs and rear so I am exercising those to make them firmer underneath.
This is so gratifying! get rid of them...and know you will soon be at goal weight...and sometimes even as your weight stabilized...you shrink some more!!!
Old 01-19-2014, 05:14 PM   #319  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
WTG 65! That is a great score!

I'm still buying on the cheap - looking forward to getting down to a size I know I will be for awhile so I can buy clothes that fit longer than a month (I know, good problem to have!). Right now, I have found that fleeced lined leggings are cheaper than pants and work with both long sweaters and skirts!
Ditto for you...am amazed that I am still losing inches and body re shaping itself. I tried on these same pants in December...and they were MUCH loser today...and at the low prices...such a deal!
They had no sweaters left tho'...and that will be something I have to find more of. Some of the ones I got this fall are hanging...
as my chest continues to evaporate...can't have it all. Going to check out lands end girl's dept 12-14 sweaters this week and someone said boys ski sweaters can also be a good deal. LOL..I might try Plato's Closet... prices should be pretty good there for betters stuff. Esp after Christmas!

Last edited by 65X65; 01-19-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #320  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Sizes are funny things 65. I buy the boots I wear on the motorcycle and my everyday flip-flops in the boy's department. They are better made and cheaper than the women's versions. Of course my "dress" flip-flops I buy in the women's department
Old 01-20-2014, 07:48 AM   #321  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Good morning!

Had a great time watching the game yesterday (Go Seahawks!). While the guys ate their "game munchies" I had a big plate of rutabaga fries smothered with taco meat - totally yummy and satisfying.

And hooray for 3 day weekends! Got a bunch of stuff to do today but just an extra day to do it is nice - we should have more of these..
Old 01-20-2014, 08:57 AM   #322  

Quote:
Sizes are funny things 65. I buy the boots I wear on the motorcycle and my everyday flip-flops in the boy's department. They are better made and cheaper than the women's versions. Of course my "dress" flip-flops I buy in the women's department
And I do agree about the size thing being exhausting and weird. Still trying to figure out and I hit goal in August. Still having to try everything on...and it is amazing how things fit differently after a few months even with no weight change. Suspect spring clothes will be challenging since it usually goes from blustery with chilly snow squalls to birds singing and bright blue skies around here in a matter of 48 hrs!

Last edited by 65X65; 01-20-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #323  

65X65 It is funny that while I am thinking about clothes, all of your advice comes back to me about how to find things that work and how to help getting my mind adjusted to the 'new' me.

My dream is the day I will go into a store and have someone help me find a new wardrobe that suits whomever I feel like then - I know I want to ditch the black wardrobe behind which I have been hiding, but beyond that, I do not know yet in what I will feel comfortable.

It has been fun buying the clothes I need as the size goes down. I have a great big clean thrift store 1 mile away and I find lots of Talbot, Brooks Brothers, J Jill there as well as normal daily clothes.

We have a business dinner with an old friend this Wednesday and I have an Evan Picone chic shorter black skirt with a short, almost flirty little kicky pleated ruffle trim around the hem which I can now fit. Just working on the right top to go with it. I am happy to be able to wear something new and fun.

Being 100% has its rewards and dressing up is part of it. I love it! I have a family reunion in July in Atlanta so there will be some fun for that, too. I think I will be asking for advice on that one since I plan to be at goal by then. The combination of weight loss and being in the south in the summer will leave me clueless.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #324  
Started IP 04/22/2013

We want pics of the Wednesday outfit! It sounds so cute!

I have been having fun being able to wear some cute outfits to work - I've tried really hard to stay away from over-sized things, I haven't worked this hard to wear baggy clothes! My go-to lately has been long sweaters that I can wear with leggings. I have 2 pairs of pants that fit and no jeans right now. Time to hit the thrift shop for jeans again.

My abdomen is finally shrinking - I think the fact that it is the first place I put on weight, so the last to go plus the swelling from the hernia, the hernia operation and the follow up operation made it a tad more difficult. But it sure is easier to find pants now!
Old 01-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #325  

Ruth Ann: l love reading your dilemma of having to try hard to find clothes that fit that are not baggy! What a delightful challenge.

In re Wednesday evening, if I can find that perfect top to go with the kicky skirt, I will take a 'selfie'. Then I will have to figure how to post it.

What is amazing to me, even at the weight I am now, 50 pounds or so from goal, is that I can enjoy trying on and buying clothes! This is a relatively new experience for me and I get a real high when I can zip that zipper up on smaller sizes. Love that sound.

My other pride in being 100% is that when I go on ebay to look at clothes and it gives me choices for limiting the search by size, I can now mark "regular" rather than 'plus'.

Who needs food for reward or comfort when those delights await me!
Old 01-20-2014, 10:22 PM   #326  
Started IP 04/22/2013

It is a delightful challenge Schenectady! My biggest problem with thrift shops is everyone in the world but me seems to be 5'6" and I'm a really bad seamstress.

I discovered the best mustard this weekend - Silver Spring Jalapeno Mustard. It is so good - just the right amount of back of the tongue bite.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:29 PM   #327  

Quote:
It is a delightful challenge Schenectady! My biggest problem with thrift shops is everyone in the world but me seems to be 5'6" and I'm a really bad seamstress.

I discovered the best mustard this weekend - Silver Spring Jalapeno Mustard. It is so good - just the right amount of back of the tongue bite.
Ruth Ann there is hem tape available that is "Iron on"...it doesn't last longterm...but you won't be in most things you buy for long now anyway! It will do! Jeans probably won't work so good with it..cuff those puppies!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #328  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Ruth Ann there is hem tape available that is "Iron on"...it doesn't last longterm...but you won't be in most things you buy for long now anyway! It will do! Jeans probably won't work so good with it..cuff those puppies!
I knew you'd have a solution 65! And I had totally forgotten about iron on tape - I think I even have some. I know taller people have their own set of challenges when it comes to clothing, but it really seems sometimes that the world is geared for taller people. Oh well, as dh tells me - "you're not short, you're fun sized!"
Old 01-21-2014, 08:59 AM   #329  

Height: 5 '6

Good morning, this flu just doesn't want to leave... my energy is low and I want an organized house!

I really need to go shopping as my panties are at the point of ridiculous and my shirts are too big! As of this morning I'm down 59.2... Yay!
Old 01-21-2014, 09:02 AM   #330  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Hooray on 59 Hiker! That is just awesome!

Sorry you aren't feeling so good. Hopefully it will go away soon.

Yeah, I had to purge my undies drawer recently - too big panties are not comfortable or attractive!
Closed Thread