3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 29

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #301
Senior Member
 
Hiker88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 513

Height: 5 '6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Yay for appliances! Do they get connected/leveled today?
My builder's crew are in Vegas till Tuesday so I may be imposing on some friends this weekend.... I have enough laundry that it might just make more sense to go to a laundry mat and get it all done at once! My truck is already full of cardboard from the move and after unwrapping the appliances, my house is too! I tried to unload the truck yesterday at recycling but the cardboard bins were full... I'll try again today.... Ok I'm rambling... Its definitely a 'work on my house' weekend! But it will feel good to get some organization going on... I'm living in chaos...

Ok rant done!
Hiker88 is offline  
Old 01-18-2014, 09:33 AM   #302
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,739

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Good Morning! I'm happy to say that I now have appliances! So the dishwasher and washer/dryer haven't been hooked up but it was great to cook on my stove even if it hasn't been leveled.

I was in the mood for something different last night so I made a broccoli shrimp stir fry. I tend to eat the same things over and over and I really need to start trying some of these recipes on here... I did try the turnip fries awhile ago and they are tasty, so when I have more than five minutes to prepare supper I make them.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Hooray for appliances! It's so much fun to organize a new house - or at least I think it is, I may be weird in that regard. Just something satisfying about getting all your stuff put away in a brand new place and making it homey.

I'm doing the "junk elimination" this weekend - I have no idea where all this stuff came from. I think I have clutter fairies in my house. :-)
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 01-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #303
Senior Member
 
Hiker88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 513

Height: 5 '6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

I'm doing the "junk elimination" this weekend - I have no idea where all this stuff came from. I think I have clutter fairies in my house. :-)
Isn't that the way?? When I moved I couldn't believe how much I threw out.. and I'm not a shopper! I swear it multiplied in my basement! I still have about 20 boxes of 'stuff' sitting in my future office.... my goal is to get rid of 2/3rds of it before my storage shed is built in the spring...

oops I guess I'm supposed to talk about IP but its nice to vent a bit while I'm on here! thanks for listening and happy 'junk elimination weekend!'
Hiker88 is offline  
Old 01-18-2014, 09:39 AM   #304
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,324

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
My builder's crew are in Vegas till Tuesday so I may be imposing on some friends this weekend.... I have enough laundry that it might just make more sense to go to a laundry mat and get it all done at once! My truck is already full of cardboard from the move and after unwrapping the appliances, my house is too! I tried to unload the truck yesterday at recycling but the cardboard bins were full... I'll try again today.... Ok I'm rambling... Its definitely a 'work on my house' weekend! But it will feel good to get some organization going on... I'm living in chaos...

Ok rant done!
Okay, really? Delivered but not installed?
That's just a tease.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 01-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #305
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,608

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Hiker: So exciting moving into a new house!

Ruth Ann: I have been working on eliminating junk as well. Don't know where it all comes from!
__________________
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 01-18-2014, 09:49 AM   #306
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,333

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Hooray for appliances! It's so much fun to organize a new house - or at least I think it is, I may be weird in that regard. Just something satisfying about getting all your stuff put away in a brand new place and making it homey.

I'm doing the "junk elimination" this weekend - I have no idea where all this stuff came from. I think I have clutter fairies in my house. :-)
It is good to get it together..
Last year was "the year of the diet" for me and the obsession {yes, and I mean BIG TIME obsession} paid off...this year is "the year of the house". I've been retired almost 5 years now and did a huge purge the first year I was retired...and this year is going to be even more of one. Thinking if DH retires soon...we may downsize...which would be AWESOME...We have been in our home over 30 years and have a lot of room we don't need, but I want a "studio " where I can do my paper stuff and sew! We have plenty of rooms and many empty bedrooms in this house...but I am against using a room we might need for company for my stuff. I don't find multiple uses for a room work well in my world. For sure that means that problem is all me...since many people do that...I'm just not successful at it! I want around the room counters and lighting and open and closed shelving underneath said counters...plus a workstation in the middle. Now how can that be a guest room too?! I'm jealous of you "new house" people...so many of the new homes have a designated craft/studio area now! Enjoy...and congrats to you "movers"....The new homes are designed well and make so much sense.

Last edited by 65X65 : 01-18-2014 at 09:50 AM.
65X65 is offline  
Old 01-18-2014, 10:17 AM   #307
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,739

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

We've been in this house nearly 9 years and when we moved in from an apartment I thought "there's no way I'll ever fill this house up." Ooops!

I think I'm going to start with the pantry/laundry room. I need to do some IP organization so I might as well clean the whole thing out! Unfortunately, I lost one cupboard to the cats - they have claimed it as their "hidey hole" for when they are stressed and need some quiet time. The good news is that it's over the dryer and I can't reach most of the cupboard anyway.

And how does this relate to IP? The discipline I have learned on P1 is carrying over to other parts of my life. The value I find in being organized in my eating is also of value in other parts of my life. Having my house as organized as my diet would be awesome!
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 01-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #308
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,324

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

I made it through a whole day yesterday with no cough drops
Today I'm gonna try to make it thru with no Dayquil.
I'm also going to head to the gym for some weights. I've been twice this week for my stretching/foam roller release class.
I actually believe I'm on the mend
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 01-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #309
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,739

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Hooray Lisa! And as you get better, it feels like I'm coming down with something. I just took a 3 hour nap and may be headed for another one. Been feeling like I'm coming down with something all week but didn't have time to be sick - apparently it has caught up with me cause all I want to do is sleep. Could me stress too (who me? stress?).
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 01-19-2014, 10:18 AM   #310
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 914

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/187/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
We've been in this house nearly 9 years and when we moved in from an apartment I thought "there's no way I'll ever fill this house up." Ooops!

I think I'm going to start with the pantry/laundry room. I need to do some IP organization so I might as well clean the whole thing out! Unfortunately, I lost one cupboard to the cats - they have claimed it as their "hidey hole" for when they are stressed and need some quiet time. The good news is that it's over the dryer and I can't reach most of the cupboard anyway.

And how does this relate to IP? The discipline I have learned on P1 is carrying over to other parts of my life. The value I find in being organized in my eating is also of value in other parts of my life. Having my house as organized as my diet would be awesome!
Ruth Ann - we are in the last stages of getting our house to go on the market, This means not only painting and updating, but sorting out and packing extraneous 'stuff' - a lot goes to the thrift store.

What I happily discovered that IP did enter into this whole tiring process is that not only do I have the energy to do all this, I have the desire. IP seems to have given me the motivation to tackle things that I would have avoided before. Yesterday I was up well before dawn sanding, priming, painting, cleaning.

And yes to the organizing, too. I love opening my kitchen cupboards and seeing this neatly lined up and orderly. Now if I could teach the adorable males in my life the principle of 'put it back where and how you found it', life would be grand!
__________________


schenectady is offline  
Old 01-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #311
Senior Member
 
Hiker88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 513

Height: 5 '6

Default

My 25 pound challenge weigh in went great this morning! Happy to be down over five pounds from last week! I know that last week I was holding onto a lot of water because I was coming down with that terrible flu but its always nice to see a big drop!

I called a friend to help me with the washer/dryer hook up and he was leaving town but gave me a pep talk assuring me that I could do it myself... and I did! Yay! I've been doing laundry since late afternoon yesterday and its still going! Quite a large number of items are going into the 'give away' bag so it will be nice to have a closet that's more organized, however, I really am running out of clothes! I have broke into my old 'smaller' clothes boxes but its almost humorous how out of style they are! LOL

Now if I could just corner my electrician friend to come over today and hook up my dishwasher!
Hiker88 is offline  
Old 01-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #312
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,739

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
And yes to the organizing, too. I love opening my kitchen cupboards and seeing this neatly lined up and orderly. Now if I could teach the adorable males in my life the principle of 'put it back where and how you found it', life would be grand!
Good luck with the house schenectady! Selling is always so stressful. And if you find the secret to training the adorable males you could sell the info and make a bundle! (I say as I just spent 30 minutes searching for my kitchen scissors that somehow ended up in the garage.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
My 25 pound challenge weigh in went great this morning! Happy to be down over five pounds from last week! I know that last week I was holding onto a lot of water because I was coming down with that terrible flu but its always nice to see a big drop!
Congrats on the big loss Hiker!!! Hooray for you!! And good job on the washer/dryer - it always feels good to find out we can do things like that, doesn't it?

I ended up taking 2 three hour naps yesterday and then slept 8 hours last night. Feeling much better today - must have been some little bug or I just was exhausted. Just glad I'm feeling better.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 01-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #313
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,333

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Talbots closing at our mall

We have another one thank heavens...BUT I had brunch with my old boss this Am and she told me about the end of their lease sale at the mall..so I zipped over...WHOOOP- dee - DOO!!

I scored 5 pair of Talbots winter pants for ...get this $118!!

All in a size 2P.....expecting myself to still be that size next winter.....
65X65 is offline  
Old 01-19-2014, 04:31 PM   #314
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,739

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

WTG 65! That is a great score!

I'm still buying on the cheap - looking forward to getting down to a size I know I will be for awhile so I can buy clothes that fit longer than a month (I know, good problem to have!). Right now, I have found that fleeced lined leggings are cheaper than pants and work with both long sweaters and skirts!
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 01-19-2014, 04:31 PM   #315
Senior Member
 
Slipfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 1,535

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default

Hi everyone!

Hiker88- finally being able to laundry in your new home, hurray!!! Must say that my new chairs have turned into re-do of the livingroom, but I love it! How does your new furniture look?

Ruth Ann, that was how I felt with the flu. Exhausted and then a terrible chest, head cold and fever. Keep pampering your self. Glad that you are feeling better.


Schenectady- IP has energized your body and your soul. Sounds like you are ready to let go of the past (house, things and body) and move into the new. Wonderful

I had a great NSV today, walked a brisk 3.5 miles with my very skinny BF and it felt great. Cold and windy down on the CT shoreline but invigorating. That would not have been possible 3.5 months ago without being 100%. Thanks to all of you for the inspiration.
__________________
Now residing in ONEDERLAND for the rest of my life!


Started maintenance: June 14, 2014
Slipfree is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2