Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #271  
Re-start IP 1/1/14

S/C/G: 190/169/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
eeeek, congrats! I'm close to the 70lb mark. I drank about 130 oz of water yesterday in hopes of hitting my 70lb mark this AM at WI! My coworkers were cracking up...telling me to move my computer into the bathroom!
That's too funny! I'm in the bathroom all day practically, too. Reminds me of being pregnant again!
Old 01-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #272  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Down 1.6 at my WI today and 3 inches lost. Not a huge loss, but overall I've lost 14.8 pounds in 3 weeks on IP. Can't complain about that. Not sure if I need to change anything up to lose more this next week. I'm already 100% OP. Might cut out more of the restricted foods and only have a couple this week? Not too sure. I'm happy with my progress. Of course we always want more, but I feel good.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #273  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
eeeek, congrats! I'm close to the 70lb mark. I drank about 130 oz of water yesterday in hopes of hitting my 70lb mark this AM at WI! My coworkers were cracking up...telling me to move my computer into the bathroom!
Too funny. My co-workers just know that I go a million times a day.

On weigh-in days, I do not drink a lot of water and do not eat much - it is an old habit that I have carried for years. I don't want to carry water weight to the scale. It would be better for me to have morning weigh-ins but my clinic doesn't do Saturdays and I get to work at 6 a.m.

Congrats for getting close to the 70lb mark. I am sure you, like me, are happy with the changes you are seeing.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Ouch! I think the PT guy hurt me! Actually, he warned me that I was going to have to work through some temporary "discomfort" (which is the medical term for "that hurts!"). He said waking up some muscles I haven't used in awhile would make them sore - and he was right. But it will be worth it to start getting some relief.

One of my clients who I hadn't seen for awhile came in this morning and said "you look beautiful." What a great way to start the work day off!
That must have made your day, and maybe your week!

For me, that kind of comment has been years since I heard it. My husband is not a man of many words, so last week I was pleased to hear "I can really see a difference". The day I hear much more than that from him, you will hear me shout from the roof tops.

But do not worry that I am hurting from this. I grew up with it and one day, I challenged my older, but very beloved, brother. I asked him why he never complimented me or said really nice things to me. He said that he knows I am aware that I am smart and capable and work really hard. He continued that when I get waaayyyy above that level, he will let me know!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #275  

Quote:
Ouch! I think the PT guy hurt me! Actually, he warned me that I was going to have to work through some temporary "discomfort" (which is the medical term for "that hurts!"). He said waking up some muscles I haven't used in awhile would make them sore - and he was right. But it will be worth it to start getting some relief.

One of my clients who I hadn't seen for awhile came in this morning and said "you look beautiful." What a great way to start the work day off!
Great compliment from the client!!!

Re PT:
My PT learned he can't be as aggressive with me as with some other patients. We ARE all different and will respond differently. If they change more than 1 exercise at a a time, I end up in pain again. His plan is for me to feel BETTER when I leave (or at least the same but never worse). I'm usually better. A little muscle soreness, as in delayed "workout soreness" is one thing but there were times they made the back pain worse. We all learned how to adjust the therapy and I started making good progress. My last trip...no pain That is just huge for me, esp with 5+ hour flights.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #276  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Down 1.6 at my WI today and 3 inches lost. Not a huge loss, but overall I've lost 14.8 pounds in 3 weeks on IP. Can't complain about that. Not sure if I need to change anything up to lose more this next week. I'm already 100% OP. Might cut out more of the restricted foods and only have a couple this week? Not too sure. I'm happy with my progress. Of course we always want more, but I feel good.
That is just short of 5 lbs /week average. That is fantastic weight loss. I wouldn't change anything yet. It just might be your body adjusting to the loss. My body does that and I have gotten use to having a small loss the week after a "bigger" loss. Also, you lost 3 inches, that is also super. Many times a good loss in inches will coincide with a smaller loss on the scale. But 1.6 nothing to sneeze at it is a great loss. Unfortunately, we don post the type if losses we experience in weeks 1 and 2 all the time.

You are doing super
Old 01-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #277  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
That is just short of 5 lbs /week average. That is fantastic weight loss. I wouldn't change anything yet. It just might be your body adjusting to the loss. My body does that and I have gotten use to having a small loss the week after a "bigger" loss. Also, you lost 3 inches, that is also super. Many times a good loss in inches will coincide with a smaller loss on the scale. But 1.6 nothing to sneeze at it is a great loss. Unfortunately, we don post the type if losses we experience in weeks 1 and 2 all the time.

You are doing super

Thank you! I truly appreciate the encouragement and support that you all provide. These words mean a lot.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #278  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
That must have made your day, and maybe your week!
It really did make my day and put a huge smile on my face!

I'm sorry you don't get more positives from your dh. But we think you're wonderful and doing a great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Great compliment from the client!!!

Re PT:
My PT learned he can't be as aggressive with me as with some other patients. We ARE all different and will respond differently. If they change more than 1 exercise at a a time, I end up in pain again. His plan is for me to feel BETTER when I leave (or at least the same but never worse). I'm usually better. A little muscle soreness, as in delayed "workout soreness" is one thing but there were times they made the back pain worse. We all learned how to adjust the therapy and I started making good progress. My last trip...no pain That is just huge for me, esp with 5+ hour flights.
Yep Lisa, he is trying to not be aggressive. He said if he makes me hurt too much I'll hate him and never come back. So we're starting with very small exercises - just enough to get the muscles thinking again. He told me if I'm in serious pain I should back off. A little soreness is one thing, sending me running for the muscle relaxers is too much. Good thing I'm learning patience!
Old 01-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #279  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I agree with Carol - you are doing fantastic, don't change a thing! I have a pattern with my losses - I do 1-3 lbs a week for 3 weeks or so and then drop 4-6 lbs. You'll find a rhythm to your losses. Remember, you didn't put it all on at once but with IP you'll sure be taking it off faster than you put it on!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #280  
Started IP 04/22/2013

It's Friday! And I get a long weekend!

Going to play with some recipes this weekend - I've kind of gotten in a rut and feel the need to mix things up a little. Schenectady posted a recipe for roasted cabbage steaks on yesterday's daily that sounds awesome, going to have to try it.

Hope everyone has a great 100% day!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #281  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:

Going to play with some recipes this weekend - I've kind of gotten in a rut and feel the need to mix things up a little. Schenectady posted a recipe for roasted cabbage steaks on yesterday's daily that sounds awesome, going to have to try it.

Saw that...and it peaked my interest too...my husband HATES cabbage so I never buy/cook it and therefore rarely get to have it.

Tried it this week...OMG!! Told DH .....
"You like me skinny?..This is part of the gig now..."

It is SOOO-SOOO GOOOD! Had leftover for my lunch veggies yesterday...and was not sure who had posted about this...so THANKS Schenectedy...and whoever posted it earlier with great pictures...this is a keeper!

Last edited by 65X65; 01-17-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:53 AM   #282  

Height: 5 '6

Good morning! I'm feeling a little better but still letting myself sleep in a bit before going to work. As expected, the scale is moving again and I'm looking forward to flying to my meetings next week. I haven't seen a lot of my co workers in awhile so I'm curious to see if they notice that I look different. Last time I saw my boss he said he wasn't sure he should bring it up or not as its not polite! Confirming how most of you feel about that subject! I on the other hand want to people to bring it up! As long as they don't think I've lost over 100 pounds! LOL

Last edited by Hiker88; 01-17-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #283  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Hardly anyone has made a comment at work. Finally after Christmas someone said, are you losing weight? We actually have had a number of people get cancer, and I think most people are afraid to ask. At the Y where I swim, people are more apt to comment. At my family Christmas a couple of people commented.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:53 AM   #284  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:

RuthAnn- I hope you like it as much as I did. When I was eating it (read scarfing it down) I thought - 'Wow, this is as close to bingeing as I have been in a long while'! It was THAT good. Who would have thought that I ould worry about a CABBAGE binge!

I am sure you can play with the recipe and doll it up. My body is not fond of garlic so I skip it but I bet it is great with fresh minced garlic. You can google the recipe for it to get all the details I may have missed.

Glad to have added anything to your remarkable arsenal for continued loss of pounds.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:55 AM   #285  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Yum! I love roasted cabbage steaks!

Schenectady: I have to use a lot of self control with roasted brussel sprouts, they are my favorite. I actually have to only make a 2 cup serving because I'm afraid I'll pick at the leftovers
Closed Thread