Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 08:13 AM   #211  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Congrats on staying OP Jendilly! You should be proud of yourself!

You might want to consider stashing an extra pack or bar in your purse, your car and anywhere else you can think of. That way if your plans go long or awry you aren't stuck without something or get super hungry. I have them in my car, dh's truck, my purse, my work bag, my desk, etc., etc. Saved my behind a few times.

Hoping for an easier week than last week - my plan to do nothing over the weekend didn't quite work out. Best laid plans and all that... except, of course, staying OP - that I did! Amazing how our priorities change - staying OP has become one of my top priorities now and I make plans and prepare accordingly.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #212  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

Hoping for an easier week than last week - my plan to do nothing over the weekend didn't quite work out. Best laid plans and all that... except, of course, staying OP - that I did! Amazing how our priorities change - staying OP has become one of my top priorities now and I make plans and prepare accordingly.
Yes, Ruth Ann... I'm finding that the planning ahead never ends. I moved into my hse on Saturday and had to go buy groceries first thing in the morning so I had something to eat during the day... I have no appliances till Wednesday so me and my George Foreman Grill have become good friends!

Yesterday I had to plan and conduct a four hour annual safety meeting so I ordered subway for the employees and brought a salad with grilled chicken on it for myself. During coffee break I had a chocolate drink with my coffee mmmm... didn't feel like I was deprived at all. Two more sleeps and I have appliances! Yay! I really need to wash some clothes! Oh and I am experiencing withdrawl from the services of a dishwasher! LOL
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #213  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Hiker yeah for appliances! We have to buy a new refrigerator soon and my biggest request is larger veggie bins.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:53 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default lo carb ketchup

Have seen discussions where some are missing ketchup...and came across this version. She even posted two ways to make it and the calorie/carb fat counts...

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/evenbet...z_ketchup.html

Old 01-13-2014, 08:59 AM   #215  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Have seen discussions where some are missing ketchup...and came across this version. She even posted two ways to make it and the calorie/carb fat counts...

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/evenbet...z_ketchup.html

Thank you! I knew I'd seen that recipe somewhere and was searching for it!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:00 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Her site has a lot of things that may be helpful now...but for sure "down the road"..
Old 01-13-2014, 09:33 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

So happy! Am 1 lb lower than my goal for my trip! We leave in a few days! I plan to have fun but not go crazy, food wise! I'm so shocked that I lost in Phase 3. I start maintenance tomorrow. Then back to Phase 1 when I return.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hawaii what an amazing feeling that must be! I can't wait to get to my goal. I set my goal in hopes that I would get there and keep going.

So last night my roomie and one of our friends ran to get some ice cream. I was so amazed that I had no desire to want it. I got up and began chopping my veggies for the week. I didn't feel like I was 'missing out' by not joining them because I knew how much something like that would hurt me in many ways. Not only would it push me farther away from my goal, but my body would pay for it. My stomach would probably hurt from all the sugar, my body would be in overdrive to process the ice cream and my mind would be racing because I'd be so upset for giving in. I thought about all this as I chopped my veggies. When they came back in, they were like...why can't we be like Emily? She chopped all her veggies for the week while we ate M&M Sonic Blasts! Then I pulled out my choc RTE pudding out of the freezer and enjoyed my sweet!

I'm just so so so so very thankful that my mind has made the switch. I'm thrilled that I no longer feel i'm 'missing out' on anything!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:59 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Way to go ems! That is what is going to carry you on into maintenance!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:04 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

IdealProteinNewbie, you're right. I think that was the most rewarding realization last night! Then I woke up this AM and read Day 13 in Beck Diet Solution. It was about dealing with cravings. I just laughed and was like "I got this". But for those days where I don't got it....Beck had great pointers!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Hawaii what an amazing feeling that must be! I can't wait to get to my goal. I set my goal in hopes that I would get there and keep going.

So last night my roomie and one of our friends ran to get some ice cream. I was so amazed that I had no desire to want it. I got up and began chopping my veggies for the week. I didn't feel like I was 'missing out' by not joining them because I knew how much something like that would hurt me in many ways. Not only would it push me farther away from my goal, but my body would pay for it. My stomach would probably hurt from all the sugar, my body would be in overdrive to process the ice cream and my mind would be racing because I'd be so upset for giving in. I thought about all this as I chopped my veggies. When they came back in, they were like...why can't we be like Emily? She chopped all her veggies for the week while we ate M&M Sonic Blasts! Then I pulled out my choc RTE pudding out of the freezer and enjoyed my sweet!

I'm just so so so so very thankful that my mind has made the switch. I'm thrilled that I no longer feel i'm 'missing out' on anything!
Thanks EMS! And way to go on doing so well and making such good decisions! And you are so right, you feel so much better when you eat healthy. Its not worth eating something that isn't good for you. Its very encouraging to hear!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All! Finishing up Week 1 of my "reboot". Admittedly, it's been hard to get back into the groove - but pushed thru and by the 5th day, it's business as usual.

for the past few days - my hubby's been out of town, so I've been existing on Phase 1 Meatloaf (yum) for dinner with mashed cauliflower or cauliflower rice. For lunch, I've been craving stove top braised cabbage… yum. I also throw in a little shredded skinless dark turkey meat. It's so good.

I forgot how much I like to eat the same stuff for a while, till I feel like changing it up. It's easy and food doesn't become the focus of my day.

Whether your braving the cold, or trying to survive the heat and hot winds in So. Calif (bad for my allergies) - I hope you all have a great day!! Pam
Old 01-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 212/202/150

Height: 5'7

Good morning,

I'm at the start of week two on IP and so far I've been 100% OP. I'm starting to really feel great but the one thing I miss is CHEESE... How does everyone handle the cravings and stay OP?

I'm planning on trying the broccoli and cheese soup for lunch and hope that helps.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #224  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justine17 View Post
Good morning,

I'm at the start of week two on IP and so far I've been 100% OP. I'm starting to really feel great but the one thing I miss is CHEESE... How does everyone handle the cravings and stay OP?

I'm planning on trying the broccoli and cheese soup for lunch and hope that helps.

The cravings do go away eventually, almost scary when it happens. When you start craving your IP foods or a big salad or something to that effect you know it's started.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #225  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post

for the past few days - my hubby's been out of town, so I've been existing on Phase 1 Meatloaf (yum) for dinner with mashed cauliflower or cauliflower rice. For lunch, I've been craving stove top braised cabbage… yum. I also throw in a little shredded skinless dark turkey meat. It's so good. ! Pam
Can you point me towards your meatloaf recipe? I love meatloaf....
Closed Thread