3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 29

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2014, 08:13 AM   #211
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,669

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Congrats on staying OP Jendilly! You should be proud of yourself!

You might want to consider stashing an extra pack or bar in your purse, your car and anywhere else you can think of. That way if your plans go long or awry you aren't stuck without something or get super hungry. I have them in my car, dh's truck, my purse, my work bag, my desk, etc., etc. Saved my behind a few times.

Hoping for an easier week than last week - my plan to do nothing over the weekend didn't quite work out. Best laid plans and all that... except, of course, staying OP - that I did! Amazing how our priorities change - staying OP has become one of my top priorities now and I make plans and prepare accordingly.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #212
Senior Member
 
Hiker88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 505

S/C/G: 244/167/150

Height: 5 '6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

Hoping for an easier week than last week - my plan to do nothing over the weekend didn't quite work out. Best laid plans and all that... except, of course, staying OP - that I did! Amazing how our priorities change - staying OP has become one of my top priorities now and I make plans and prepare accordingly.
Yes, Ruth Ann... I'm finding that the planning ahead never ends. I moved into my hse on Saturday and had to go buy groceries first thing in the morning so I had something to eat during the day... I have no appliances till Wednesday so me and my George Foreman Grill have become good friends!

Yesterday I had to plan and conduct a four hour annual safety meeting so I ordered subway for the employees and brought a salad with grilled chicken on it for myself. During coffee break I had a chocolate drink with my coffee mmmm... didn't feel like I was deprived at all. Two more sleeps and I have appliances! Yay! I really need to wash some clothes! Oh and I am experiencing withdrawl from the services of a dishwasher! LOL
Hiker88 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #213
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,669

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Hiker yeah for appliances! We have to buy a new refrigerator soon and my biggest request is larger veggie bins.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 08:53 AM   #214
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,333

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default lo carb ketchup

Have seen discussions where some are missing ketchup...and came across this version. She even posted two ways to make it and the calorie/carb fat counts...


http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/evenbet...z_ketchup.html

65X65 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 08:59 AM   #215
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,669

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Have seen discussions where some are missing ketchup...and came across this version. She even posted two ways to make it and the calorie/carb fat counts...


http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/evenbet...z_ketchup.html

Thank you! I knew I'd seen that recipe somewhere and was searching for it!
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 09:00 AM   #216
Senior Member
 
65X65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,333

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default

Her site has a lot of things that may be helpful now...but for sure "down the road"..
65X65 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 09:33 AM   #217
Senior Member
 
Hawaii69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alberta
Posts: 253

S/C/G: 193/155/155

Height: 5' 6

Default

So happy! Am 1 lb lower than my goal for my trip! We leave in a few days! I plan to have fun but not go crazy, food wise! I'm so shocked that I lost in Phase 3. I start maintenance tomorrow. Then back to Phase 1 when I return.
__________________
[/url]

Maintenance since March 2014
Hawaii69 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #218
Started IP 9-4-2013
 
ems70508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 473

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default

Hawaii what an amazing feeling that must be! I can't wait to get to my goal. I set my goal in hopes that I would get there and keep going.

So last night my roomie and one of our friends ran to get some ice cream. I was so amazed that I had no desire to want it. I got up and began chopping my veggies for the week. I didn't feel like I was 'missing out' by not joining them because I knew how much something like that would hurt me in many ways. Not only would it push me farther away from my goal, but my body would pay for it. My stomach would probably hurt from all the sugar, my body would be in overdrive to process the ice cream and my mind would be racing because I'd be so upset for giving in. I thought about all this as I chopped my veggies. When they came back in, they were like...why can't we be like Emily? She chopped all her veggies for the week while we ate M&M Sonic Blasts! Then I pulled out my choc RTE pudding out of the freezer and enjoyed my sweet!

I'm just so so so so very thankful that my mind has made the switch. I'm thrilled that I no longer feel i'm 'missing out' on anything!
__________________
Final Goal:

ems70508 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 09:59 AM   #219
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,599

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Way to go ems! That is what is going to carry you on into maintenance!
__________________
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 10:04 AM   #220
Started IP 9-4-2013
 
ems70508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 473

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default

IdealProteinNewbie, you're right. I think that was the most rewarding realization last night! Then I woke up this AM and read Day 13 in Beck Diet Solution. It was about dealing with cravings. I just laughed and was like "I got this". But for those days where I don't got it....Beck had great pointers!
__________________
Final Goal:

ems70508 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #221
Senior Member
 
Hawaii69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alberta
Posts: 253

S/C/G: 193/155/155

Height: 5' 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Hawaii what an amazing feeling that must be! I can't wait to get to my goal. I set my goal in hopes that I would get there and keep going.

So last night my roomie and one of our friends ran to get some ice cream. I was so amazed that I had no desire to want it. I got up and began chopping my veggies for the week. I didn't feel like I was 'missing out' by not joining them because I knew how much something like that would hurt me in many ways. Not only would it push me farther away from my goal, but my body would pay for it. My stomach would probably hurt from all the sugar, my body would be in overdrive to process the ice cream and my mind would be racing because I'd be so upset for giving in. I thought about all this as I chopped my veggies. When they came back in, they were like...why can't we be like Emily? She chopped all her veggies for the week while we ate M&M Sonic Blasts! Then I pulled out my choc RTE pudding out of the freezer and enjoyed my sweet!

I'm just so so so so very thankful that my mind has made the switch. I'm thrilled that I no longer feel i'm 'missing out' on anything!
Thanks EMS! And way to go on doing so well and making such good decisions! And you are so right, you feel so much better when you eat healthy. Its not worth eating something that isn't good for you. Its very encouraging to hear!
__________________
[/url]

Maintenance since March 2014
Hawaii69 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #222
Senior Member
 
Pamelama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 262

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Default

Good Morning All! Finishing up Week 1 of my "reboot". Admittedly, it's been hard to get back into the groove - but pushed thru and by the 5th day, it's business as usual.

for the past few days - my hubby's been out of town, so I've been existing on Phase 1 Meatloaf (yum) for dinner with mashed cauliflower or cauliflower rice. For lunch, I've been craving stove top braised cabbage… yum. I also throw in a little shredded skinless dark turkey meat. It's so good.

I forgot how much I like to eat the same stuff for a while, till I feel like changing it up. It's easy and food doesn't become the focus of my day.

Whether your braving the cold, or trying to survive the heat and hot winds in So. Calif (bad for my allergies) - I hope you all have a great day!! Pam
__________________


WI#1 7.4, WI#2 3.2, WI#3 3.4, WI#4 2.4 WI#5 3.0 WI#6 3.0 WI#7 2.6 WI#8 1.4 WI#9 4.0 WI#10 1.2 WI#11 1.4 WI#12 3.2 WI#13 3.0 WI#14 0.0
WI#15 1.6 WI#16 2.8 WI#17 2.0
Pamelama is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #223
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 7

S/C/G: 212/202/150

Height: 5'7

Default

Good morning,

I'm at the start of week two on IP and so far I've been 100% OP. I'm starting to really feel great but the one thing I miss is CHEESE... How does everyone handle the cravings and stay OP?

I'm planning on trying the broccoli and cheese soup for lunch and hope that helps.
Justine17 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #224
Carb Addict
 
Tigerlvr52's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 344

S/C/G: 319/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justine17 View Post
Good morning,

I'm at the start of week two on IP and so far I've been 100% OP. I'm starting to really feel great but the one thing I miss is CHEESE... How does everyone handle the cravings and stay OP?

I'm planning on trying the broccoli and cheese soup for lunch and hope that helps.



The cravings do go away eventually, almost scary when it happens. When you start craving your IP foods or a big salad or something to that effect you know it's started.
__________________
Round one 05-2012-11-2012

Reboot after baby 1-14



My reason for sticking OP


WI#1 11.5 WI#4 No Weigh in
WI #2 2 (TOM) WI#5 -2.3
WI #3 + 1.5 (Sick)
Tigerlvr52 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #225
Started IP 9/10/2013
 
GettinHealthyNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 164

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post

for the past few days - my hubby's been out of town, so I've been existing on Phase 1 Meatloaf (yum) for dinner with mashed cauliflower or cauliflower rice. For lunch, I've been craving stove top braised cabbage… yum. I also throw in a little shredded skinless dark turkey meat. It's so good. ! Pam
Can you point me towards your meatloaf recipe? I love meatloaf....
__________________


Wk1: -5.8; Wk2: -1.4; Wk3: -4.6; Wk4: -3.8; Wk5: -3.6;
Wk6: -1.8; Wk7: -3.6; Wk8: -2.4; Wk9: -2.8; Wk10: -2.2;
Wk11: -1.6; Wk12: No WI; Wk13: -5.0; Wk14/15: -3.6;
Wk 16: -1.2; Wk 17: -2.2; Wk 18: No WI; Wk 19: -3.2;
Wk 20: -1.0; Wk 21: -5.4; Wk 22: -1.6; Wk 23: -2;
Wk 24: -0.8; Wk 25: -2.2; Wk 26: -0.4; Wk 27: -0.4;
Wk 28: -1.7; Wk 29: +1.5
GettinHealthyNow is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2