3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 29 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/290869-home-100%25-no-cheat-zone-volume-29-a.html)

Slipfree 01-09-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annik (Post 4915400)
ps Someone just posted charts of the nutrition data of all IP food.

I thought it was very useful. I'll see if I can find it or maybe the person who did the post can direct us to it.

That was me, here it is :D

http://www.idealproteinstatecollege....formation.html

Annik 01-09-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 4915441)

:cp::cp::cp:

It's very good! Thank you, Slipfree!

Slipfree 01-09-2014 05:46 PM

Thanks Annik. Helped me figure out the difference in sodium between the EAS drinks and the rtd IP strawberry banana. EAS have a lot more sodium, so I am going to have to cut the salt somewhere and increase my water to make them work.

Bellamack 01-09-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jendilly (Post 4915355)
I also LOVE the new picture, Lisa! I haven't added one yet...partly because I'm not super sure how, too. I know I can't have a ticker or anything quite yet either.

Ruthann - those are amazing numbers and a reality check for me. I have bad knees and they hurt all.the.time. I want to go in and get them checked again (I've had multiple surgeries) but told myself that if I lost 50-60 pounds, they might feel better anyway. That's one of the top reasons for me doing IP...so that I can hopefully stop hurting everyday. If after losing the weight, they still hurt, then I'll go in. But at least I'll know I tried this way first.

Do you all limit your "restricted" packets to even less than 1 a day? I've heard that some do so that they might lose a little faster. I only picked up 4 restriced this week.

I lost 4 pounds, even with how yucky I've been feeling (tummy issues...irregularity, possibly TOM, bloated) so I'm thrilled with that!

jendilly, I am 5 weeks post op knee arthroscopy for defect in my femur, meniscus tear and severe arthritis, yuck. the other knee is bad too :(. I have not always been heavy, but been fighting on and off for about 10 years. I know losing just has to help with the pain. Good Luck & keep posting. Ilove to read them all.

jendilly 01-09-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4915535)
jendilly, I am 5 weeks post op knee arthroscopy for defect in my femur, meniscus tear and severe arthritis, yuck. the other knee is bad too :(. I have not always been heavy, but been fighting on and off for about 10 years. I know losing just has to help with the pain. Good Luck & keep posting. Ilove to read them all.

Thanks, I appreciate it. My knees have been trashed since I was a teen. Competitive figure skating and then cheerleading did a number to them. Over the years, they've just gotten worse and the surgeries haven't really done much good. It's been WAY worse as I've gained weight, though. BUT...I've lost 13 pounds in 2 weeks and I have to say, it's already easier to go up and down the stairs. With what Ruthann said, that means I've already reduced the pressure by over 100 pounds. I want to avoid total knee replacements for a while still.

ColoradoCarol 01-09-2014 07:50 PM

Well, I had my weigh in - the one that I was so nervous about and posted about yesterday. I lost .8 of a lb. I guess I was worried for a reason. I forgot to add up the inches but I lost a couple. My % of body fat was down too.

My normal coach has been out on vacation for three weeks, but the coach I met with today is a nutritionist and she is very knowledgeable. I told her I didn't understand. I told her that I basically eat the same veggies every day and usually eat ground turkey and asked if that could make a difference and she said it shouldn't but you never know. She suggested switching it up a bit (like you all did:)). Then she said "wait you're fighting a cold - that's most likely the reason"

So, I will be switching it up some this week; hoping my cold will go away; and remaining 100% OP. I also think my weigh in on 12/26 might have been an error in reading the scale. I was weighed in by the receptionist and I read her the # on the scale - maybe I read it wrong. I had a 6.8lb loss and I haven't had a loss that large since my first week. That would also would explain the gain last week. I hadn't gained since I started.

Thanks for listening. I know a loss is a loss- was just hoping for a bigger one. But I am still headed in the right direction!

IdealProteinNewbie 01-09-2014 08:01 PM

ColoradoCarol: You're doing great, keep it up.

I think switching things up while remaining 100%, of course, will do you good!

ColoradoCarol 01-09-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie (Post 4915567)
ColoradoCarol: You're doing great, keep it up.

I think switching things up while remaining 100%, of course, will do you good!

Thanks. I do too. I have remained 100% OP since starting in July.

Slipfree 01-09-2014 08:09 PM

ColoradoCarol- if I weighed in this Sat. I wouldn't lose a lot either and I have been 100%. I have been fighting a cold/flu and am retaining water like crazy. I can see it in my ankles. Try to stay positive and attempt to switch up your food. I have also increased my h2o. You are doing a fantastic job and next week will be better.

psjones 01-09-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annik (Post 4915368)
[*] the chocolate drink mix has 9 carbs + 15 g of protein[*]the blueberry cranberry drink mix has 5 carbs + 18 g of protein[*]broc and cheese packet has 7 carbs

The chocolate drink mix has 7 grams of NET carbs.
The blueberry cran drink has 2 grams of carbs total and NET.
The broccoli cheese soup has 1 gram of fiber that can be subtracted.

ColoradoCarol 01-09-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psjones (Post 4915576)
The blueberry cran drink has 2 grams of carbs total.

I quit using the chocolate drink mix and started using the RTD for that reason. Although it isn't a restricted, my coach said not to use it every day.

ColoradoCarol 01-09-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 4915575)
ColoradoCarol- if I weighed in this Sat. I wouldn't lose a lot either and I have been 100%. I have been fighting a cold/flu and am retaining water like crazy. I can see it in my ankles. Try to stay positive and attempt to switch up your food. I have also increased my h2o. You are doing a fantastic job and next week will be better.

Slip free - thanks. I am staying positive. I haven't been retaining water that I can tell. My water intake has been very high (except today - on weigh in days I don't eat or drink a lot - I weigh in during the afternoon - this is something I have done all my years of dieting, silly I know, but it is a habit).

You are doing super too. I hope you feel better. Keep up the good fight.

Annik 01-09-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psjones (Post 4915576)
The blueberry cran drink has 2 grams of carbs total.

Thanks, ps jones. I haven't been using the 'net carb' approach but it is good that you point this out. I personally prefer the total carb count... Only because it seems less complicated to me. My aim has been to keep my daily total under 30 'total' carbs and preferably under 25 'total carbs' as opposed to 25 'net carbs.'

And me, too -- I use the chocolate rtd instead of the mix because of the lower carb count.

zoerba 01-09-2014 08:45 PM

I had a great day today! Thank you for the tips on the salt and water. I have been getting my water in but not necessarily my salt, so I will work on that! I woke up feeling pretty lethargic and low energy and even had a moment where I questioned if I could continue - but then as the day went on and I had my breakfast, I started feeling a lot better. Today is actually the best I've felt since starting so, horray! Also, just so nobody is worried about me - I don't have a medical issue that relates to fainting. I have fainted a few times in my life when I saw large quantities of blood or, when I was a kid, I would faint when I had to get shots. The feeling of a faint coming on is pretty distinctive. :) I am happy to say that I haven't felt that way today though!

Thank you for the few recipe ideas. I've been scouring the web and hope to spice it up a bit.

I've been weight myself every day and the last three days the scale hasn't budged - but I am still down over 7 pounds from where I started, so I'm okay with it. My 'official' weigh in will be Saturday morning. I'm actually thinking next week of hiding my scale, not sure though.

Have a great Friday. Love the new pics and success stories from several of you veterans!

Bellamack 01-09-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jendilly (Post 4915549)
Thanks, I appreciate it. My knees have been trashed since I was a teen. Competitive figure skating and then cheerleading did a number to them. Over the years, they've just gotten worse and the surgeries haven't really done much good. It's been WAY worse as I've gained weight, though. BUT...I've lost 13 pounds in 2 weeks and I have to say, it's already easier to go up and down the stairs. With what Ruthann said, that means I've already reduced the pressure by over 100 pounds. I want to avoid total knee replacements for a while still.

The docs had suggested partial knee replacement, but I didn't want to, they don't know if this surgery will help at all. I have had surgery on both shoulders too, I was a competitive swimmer in HS & college, soccer, softball, basketball, tennis, biking & running all contributed, plus working on concrete for 25 years, it takes a toll on the joints. :(