Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Quest Bars

For those who eat quest bars what are your favorite flavors? They have some on sale at a local store here but I have no idea which ones are close to IP and what flavors seem to rank best on here?

And suggestions?

ps. they have so many flavors I have no idea what to get!
Old 12-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #17  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations Allend! That's wonderful.

I'm also taking this week to reflect - I've been on IP now for just over 3 months and am down 42 pounds. I haven't felt or looked this good in a long, long time - and much of it is due to the support I've found here on these boards. You are a wonderful group of people to do this journey with. Thank you all. I'm more than halfway to my goal now and my head just continues to be in it. I am determined to make it - and keep it off.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #18  

Congratulations AllenD-Thanks for showing us -IP Works!

Congratulations Slipfree-Onederland!!-I hope to move there this week!

Its been a hectic Monday -My acura wouldn't start and we bought a new battery for it yesterday and it still didn't start-so I arranged for it to be towed to the repairman this am. Counting my blessings-we have another car-so I am not stuck at home!
Loving the IP plan-I find it easy to stick to!
Old 12-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

I read a post somewhere that the cinnamon roll and strawberry cheesecake meet IP protocol. Both are yummy and what I've been eating.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #20  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
I've been on IP now for just over 3 months and am down 42 pounds. I haven't felt or looked this good in a long, long time - and much of it is due to the support I've found here on these boards. You are a wonderful group of people to do this journey with. Thank you all.
I just wanted to second this. I don't think I would have kept at it as faithfully without the support. Seeing others prove it works as well as having the help to know we can do it... Thanks to all.

Congrats to all the happy losers!

I had my weigh in on Saturday and happily down another 3.1. Last week has been, and this week will be, so hectic and stressful... I'll take anything in the downward direction or even not the upward direction.

I won't be online much during the next week - at home with family. I have my IP bag and have bought my veggies. I didn't pack the bag as well as I should have but it will do.

Happy Holidays! and Happy IP!
Old 12-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Hello IPeeps, Just wanted to stop in and say Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Healthy Happy 2014!
Old 12-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Just popping in to say "Merry Christmas"
Looking for support and inspiration from the entries as we are bombared with treats and dainties full of carbs. Doing my best to eat healthy. Stocked up on celery and peppers for me to nibble on. What are your plans to stick to IP protocol over the next couple of days?

Looking forward to our family vacation at the end of January - really wish - but rather that wish - I plan (because we don't have success without plans/ without structure ) to lose 10 more lbs before the holiday. My husband is currently down 30 lbs and I am down 27 pounds. We both started on October 30, 2013. I should say that I am doing IP and my hubby is eating healthy and cutting junk. Great to have him helping and supporting me.

Last edited by dlr9774; 12-23-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allend428 View Post
Good morning everyone. This morning I hit my goal. 80lbs gone. So I'm going to take a moment to enjoy it and reflect on my experience.......ok, now that's over. I've been teetering back and forth on whether to stop or keep going for about 3 weeks now. Last week, I decided that when I hit my original goal of 80 lbs, that I would give myself 5 more weeks to loose an additional 25 lbs. !
Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by serlinr View Post
Had my first WI this morning - 5 pounds gone! I was thinking it would be more but I don't have that much weight to lose. I feel great so that's what is important!
Way to go on your first way in

Wishing those that celebrate happy holidays. I'm off work now until January 2nd.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Talking Retail Therapy!!!!

Ok I have been at the end of my rope with the kids and just everything. Lastnight I told DH that I wanted to go shopping today for ME and no one else But ME!! So I took some $$$ and went to Kohls.

I had a HUGE confidence booster and NSV for ME I was able to buy a REGULAR 16 in the NON PLUS SIZE dept. and an XL sweater in the regular sized clothes I was on cloud flippin 9!!!!

Then off to target where I found a sweater dress (black and blue) for $20 their size was xxl (they seem to run small because a Kohls dress was only an XL) and some tights.

Off to payless shoes and scored a pair of mid calf slouchy type boot with a chunk heel for $29!!!! Ok I am going to blow my own fog horn I LOOK GOOD and this made me so happy!! The look on Dh's face when I came down with my dress, tights and boots on was one that I wish I had my camera!!!

So with that in mind I am **** bent on staying 100% until feb or later!!

I had to share with you all
Old 12-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allend428 View Post
Good morning everyone. This morning I hit my goal. 80lbs gone. So I'm going to take a moment to enjoy it and reflect on my experience.......ok, now that's over. I've been teetering back and forth on whether to stop or keep going for about 3 weeks now. Last week, I decided that when I hit my original goal of 80 lbs, that I would give myself 5 more weeks to loose an additional 25 lbs. This will bring me down at an even 200 lbs and in the event that after I have stopped the Ideal Protein and resumed "normal" eating habits I gain 15 or 20lbs back, I will be in a lot better shape that if I stopped now. But I don't plan on gaining that much back!

Some I noticed this past week. I've been getting a little dizzy and light headed when I get up too fast or if I am bending over and stand up too quickly. I was evening a little light headed when we were out shopping this weekend. I am hoping this will pass. I experienced a little bit of this around week 5 and 6.

I hope everyone has a good day. Only 2 days till Christmas! Oh and for all the Seinfeld fans, Happy Festivus!!!

congratulations to you and everyone else who has lost weight this week.

Has been hectic this week, work the next two day, so even busier. Hope everyone has a great Christmas. Hoping to be down on Friday for weigh in, will see. If traveling have a great trip and be safe. Weather here really cold!!!
Old 12-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #26  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Ok I have been at the end of my rope with the kids and just everything. Lastnight I told DH that I wanted to go shopping today for ME and no one else But ME!! So I took some $$$ and went to Kohls.

I had a HUGE confidence booster and NSV for ME I was able to buy a REGULAR 16 in the NON PLUS SIZE dept. and an XL sweater in the regular sized clothes I was on cloud flippin 9!!!!

Then off to target where I found a sweater dress (black and blue) for $20 their size was xxl (they seem to run small because a Kohls dress was only an XL) and some tights.

Off to payless shoes and scored a pair of mid calf slouchy type boot with a chunk heel for $29!!!! Ok I am going to blow my own fog horn I LOOK GOOD and this made me so happy!! The look on Dh's face when I came down with my dress, tights and boots on was one that I wish I had my camera!!!

So with that in mind I am **** bent on staying 100% until feb or later!!

I had to share with you all

Congrats! That is an AWESOME NSV! I cannot wait to not shop in the plus sizes!
I cant wait to wear boots that fit over my calves!
Have a great OP Christmas and New Years!
Old 12-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #27  
My own kind of beautiful

Anyone had any luck with the Chocolate Muffin/Pancake mix? I am in a wedding in January, and my best friend seems disappointed that I won't be able to partake in the cupcakes they are having at the reception, which I don't really mind, but I figured, I could stay OP and try and make a plain cupcake (or even a WF jelly filled one) if the mix actually worked well enough to make good cupcakes...
Old 12-23-2013, 11:55 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Deana, how was the shower?
Old 12-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #29  
My own kind of beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Deana, how was the shower?
Apparently her fiance (who was helping me with some of the planning, and were suppose to help me get her there) let it slip accidentally, as did one of the guests, so it wasn't a surprise for her, but it still turned out nice... With it being so close to the holidays not as many people as I wanted showed up, but it was still really nice.
It's hard to believe my best friend is getting married in 23 days, and moving away! I still have to figure out some kind of bachelorette party (I'm her MOH, and the only Bridesmaid) and I think I'll just take her and our group of friends out to bowling, and Dinner (she's a simple kind of gal). Any suggestions?
Old 12-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Anyone had any luck with the Chocolate Muffin/Pancake mix? I am in a wedding in January, and my best friend seems disappointed that I won't be able to partake in the cupcakes they are having at the reception, which I don't really mind, but I figured, I could stay OP and try and make a plain cupcake (or even a WF jelly filled one) if the mix actually worked well enough to make good cupcakes...
Of everything about her special day she's concerned what is going in YOUR mouth? If she is truly your best friend and loves you like a best friend then she will want you to be healthy above ANY one-day indulgence. She has to know not everyone will have a cupcake and she wil be the only one in the spotlight. You can enjoy her special day just fine without a cupcake. That being said, if YOU want something (not for her but for yourself) the zucchini muffin recipe works great with chocolate pudding. It could be cut in half and part of the pudding could be a frosting.

Or, Nashua nutrition sells a chocolate cake mix that would be a restricted. Can't remember the brand.

Barring any of that, I just wouldn't talk wedding eating with her. You can do your thing and the wedding will be beautiful. Her marriage has nothing to do with what you eat.

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-24-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Closed Thread