Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #16  

IPN: Me too! All I can see is what I have left to go & how I look nekkid. I need to practice just saying "thank you"
Old 12-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 210/See ticker /135

Height: 5'3"

Thank you Lisa, I will take a look at the recipe threads.

I tried posting something on FB about being excited about being on a diet and asked friends to not pressure those that are dieting to just try a bite of this or that. (happens a lot to me) Next thing I know I have friends telling me I didn't need to restrict foods if I bought this Plexus Slim stuff they are selling. I'm sorry, I can't see drinking a laxative for the rest of my life to stay thin. Why can't people be happy that I made a choice to do something about my weight?
Old 12-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #18  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

STEPPY1974, I'm happy you made the choice of IP and it is a new way of living and learning how to work with the food we eat. I also believe it shows us why right choices and good choices work.
Stay strong and just remember sometime people don't want us to succeed...
Old 12-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 210/See ticker /135

Height: 5'3"

Thank you!! Thank you!! It is quite strange how people push others to try things or to cheat. "Just a little bite, it won't hurt" I'm staying strong! I'm staying strong!
Old 12-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #20  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi, everyone, and Merry-Almost-Christmas!

I am still around, but busy, busy, busy trying to wrap up some lessons with students before break as well as prepare for my own holiday celebrations. Hubby and I have been on P4 since last Saturday, and I am feeling more and more confident every day! I am fluctuating up and down by a few ounces right around 144 lbs. After the holidays, we plan to do a few more weeks of P1.

I really do think our tastes and preferences change from being on IP. Most of the time, I want to eat things that I was eating on P3. We did have pizza on our fun day, but it wasn't as good as I remember. Hubby, the pizza FANATIC, even said the same thing! IP has really changed our lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Why do we do this to ourselves? Let's take these compliments in stride (not to your ego) but allow it to boost our confidence! So many of us (I speak for myself) lack confidence because of our appearance but it's time to change that! If someone pays you a compliment, accept it and let it brighten your day because, well...you deserve it!
Amen to that! I have seen myself do the same thing, and I've had similar thoughts to yours. We have worked hard and deserve the kudos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
True and good advice, but some compliments can be hard to react to. For example, I saw a client today I hadn't seen for a while and she said, "Oh, what have you been doing? You look so pretty now!" Hmmm, thanks for subtly implying I was a troll before. I just thanked her and moved on because I know she meant well.
Makes total sense. However, she probably wasn't thinking (it seems to be more and more common these days)! Darn people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppy1974 View Post
Hello all! I started IP on Dec 12th. Since then, I have questioned my decision to start so close to the holidays. I'm glad I have but I'm really tired of seeing sweets and treats showing up at work. I avoid them like the plague and tell myself if I can survive this time of year, I can survive anything!
Ain't that the truth! Cookies, candies, baked goods...they are EVERYWHERE! This time of year certainly tests our strength. Good luck, and welcome to IP. It is amazing!

Quote:
It is quite strange how people push others to try things or to cheat. "Just a little bite, it won't hurt" I'm staying strong! I'm staying strong!
Good for you! Maybe some of our friends and loved ones need a not-so-subtle reminder that we are trying to get healthy and build life-long habits. Those "little bites" got us where we are. You can have those little bites when you are ready! I feel pretty lucky to be surrounded by mostly supportive people, both at home and at work.

Everyone have a super Friday!!!
~Renee
Old 12-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #21  

I don't know if this is the place to post this question. I've been searching for the link to do a new post but cannot find it. I started IP on Sunday. I had my not-IP breakfast before I got IP meals. I have been IPing every day since then. Monday I came down with an awful cold. It's been horrible all week long. I feel low energy, sneezing coughing, sweating a lot, and have a horrendous headache. I've been taking NyQuil & DayQuil (tablets, not syrup), but it's not feeling better. Is this the "ketosis flu" everyone talks about? Surprised it came on so quickly. My coach said it might be my body expelling the toxins. I'm shocked - I didn't realize I had so much toxicity to get rid of in the first place! How long can I expect this to last? Haven't had much hunger at all Do I just have a standard, run of the mill winter-weather-flu? Any advice would be appreciated! thank you!
Old 12-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #22  

Hi everyone, hope everyone is doing well. Have been staying away from the treats for the holidays. Will also be glad when the holidays are over though. But have been planning so I don't get tempted.

congratulation's Steppy1974, you will do great on IP if you stick to it, I have lost 40# since September, I feel so much better and have gone down 2-3 pants sizes it is amazing, so will stay with it
Old 12-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #23  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyank View Post
I don't know if this is the place to post this question. I've been searching for the link to do a new post but cannot find it. I started IP on Sunday. I had my not-IP breakfast before I got IP meals. I have been IPing every day since then. Monday I came down with an awful cold. It's been horrible all week long. I feel low energy, sneezing coughing, sweating a lot, and have a horrendous headache. I've been taking NyQuil & DayQuil (tablets, not syrup), but it's not feeling better. Is this the "ketosis flu" everyone talks about? Surprised it came on so quickly. My coach said it might be my body expelling the toxins. I'm shocked - I didn't realize I had so much toxicity to get rid of in the first place! How long can I expect this to last? Haven't had much hunger at all Do I just have a standard, run of the mill winter-weather-flu? Any advice would be appreciated! thank you!
Welcome stephyank! I'm so sorry you are feeling so poorly.

I know when I started the low energy, sweats and headaches were from "ketosis flu". I didn't have the sneezing and coughing - maybe you have a cold on top of withdrawals from sugar and carbs?

Make sure you're getting all your salt in - it helps with the headaches. I'd put it on my hand and lick it off and follow it with a big glass of water, it helped a lot.

Otherwise, just be nice to yourself - take it easy while you get through the first few days. You should be through the worst of it now and things should start feeling better.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #24  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Had someone ask me tonight how much I had lost so far... the look on his face when I said 57 pounds was priceless... He was like wow... Oh wow!
So it's showing now...
Old 12-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 185/181/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Hello all! I started IP on Dec 12th. Since then, I have questioned my decision to start so close to the holidays. I'm glad I have but I'm really tired of seeing sweets and treats showing up at work. I avoid them like the plague and tell myself if I can survive this time of year, I can survive anything!
Hi, I also started on Dec 12Th. Everyone says I'm nuts for starting at the holidays but I lost 4.5 lbs my first week so I'm pretty happy! Its a challenge sometimes but if I keep losing I will have the last laugh!!
Old 12-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #26  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Had someone ask me tonight how much I had lost so far... the look on his face when I said 57 pounds was priceless... He was like wow... Oh wow!
So it's showing now...
Awesome! You're making wonderful progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien View Post
Hi, I also started on Dec 12Th. Everyone says I'm nuts for starting at the holidays but I lost 4.5 lbs my first week so I'm pretty happy! Its a challenge sometimes but if I keep losing I will have the last laugh!!
That's right! If you were ready to start, then it's the right time, holidays or not. They'll come around again next year anyway, right?
Old 12-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #27  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
So it's showing now...
Deana - you're doing so well! I'm so glad people are noticing, it's a great feeling isn't it?
Old 12-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyank View Post
The daily chat is the PERFECT place to post questions like tis because it can start a conversation! We don't need a new thread for everything, only for truly new topics

Anyway,
Sounds like bad timing for a bad cold (so sorry).
I treat colds with homemade chicken/veggie soup, salt water gargles, and lots of herbal tea (simmer ginger root & the add fresh lemon juice)

Grab a rotisserie chicken (or roast a raw one).
Take off the skin & toss. Set aside the meat
Weigh the meat. 6 oz cooked = approx 1 serving
Chop the appropriate amt of OP veggies so you have 2 c for each serving of meat. Toss in a pot with some fat free chicken broth. Once they're cooked, chop the meat & add. Season.
Chicken soup for your cold!
Throw the carcass in a different pot with veggie scraps. Simmer 24 hours then strain. That is your chicken broth for next time. I never but chicken broth.

The good news is that viruses feed on sugar so you are not feeding the virus. I diplomat get sick nearly as often on low carb/ grain/dairy-free. There is just so little sugar for viruses to feed on they have a harder time reproducing.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #29  

Deana: so glad you toughed it out and are finally getting kudos from others!

Steppy1974 & jobrein: think how SMART you really are! While everyone else around you has a holiday weight gain, you will lose weight and feel better than ever! There is no better gift to yourself.

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-20-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #30  

Lisa, thank you so much! Woke up feeling better. My head still feels like the insides are popping out of the outsides, but otherwise I feel ok. Thanks again for giving feedback. Early on it helps to have as much encouragement as possible. By the way I'm down 4 lbs in 6 days! While I recognize this as being mostly water, it sure it motivating to keep going! Good luck to everyone making it through the holidays!
Closed Thread