Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default October 2013 Newbies-heading for the holidays

Hi everyone,

We are entering our third month. Can you believe it?
Old 11-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi everyone,

We are entering our third month. Can you believe it?
I was just thinking that! Thanks for starting the new thread for us! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I went off plan for 3 days but I'm ready to be 100% OP until Christmas.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

HI everybody ! I have been 95% OP except for two days where I fell off the wagon, both times at parties, (alcohol).
My loss is 19 pounds. It seems slow, but I do have a thyroid issue and not too much left to lose, so I am happy with it. I have not been this low in 19 years! Yeah me.
I plan to stay 100% now until xmas! Happy IP to you all!
Old 12-01-2013, 01:21 AM   #4  

Height: 5'2

Today was day #42. Had been 100% up until tonight which was my staff Christmas party. I had planned to indulge in a little wine and food which I did. I was quite surprised that the alcohol didn't affect me too much and the food didn't make me too full or bloated until of course I had a cappuccino and dessert. Feeling a little icky right now but am going to go to bed. Will have to check myself with Ketostix for the next few days and hope this didn't screw things up for the whole week!
Old 12-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #5  

Hi everyone,

Wine4me, 19 pounds is great!

Wantanewme- time is flying by fast! I am determined to meet my 20 by Christmas challenge, so I am with you OP all the way to Christmas.

Stephascope, how do you feel today? Did you have fun at the party?

I have holiday plans almost every day, of every weekend until Christmas. It is going to take some work(planning) to stay OP. I am determined.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi everyone,

Wine4me, 19 pounds is great!

Wantanewme- time is flying by fast! I am determined to meet my 20 by Christmas challenge, so I am with you OP all the way to Christmas.

Stephascope, how do you feel today? Did you have fun at the party?

I have holiday plans almost every day, of every weekend until Christmas. It is going to take some work(planning) to stay OP. I am determined.
I woke up at 6am feeling pukey - and I did a little bit. Went back to sleep for a couple more hours and am feeling a bit better. Feeling slightly hung over even though I didn't feel drunk at all last night. After being 100% for so long, I now know that "cheating" isn't worth it, and I'm glad I found that out. Going to the in-laws today to make the annual Christmas cookies. Have already planned our dinner ahead there - steak and roasted veggies.

Used a ketostix this morning and there are still traces of ketones. Only .2 up on the scale from yesterday morning. It will probably catch up with me but I will try to stay off the scale for a couple days.

Thanks for all your support and good ideas everyone. Hope you have a great Sunday and stay strong through all these tough holiday events!
Old 12-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #7  

Oh Stephascope. Sorry that you felt so bad I am going to keep your experience in mind as a cautionary tale.

Stay tough around the Christmas cookies, not sure that I could do that.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

We're doing really well as a group. Look at the tickers of everyone who started in October! We've lost 118 lbs between the 5 of us who have posted in this thread. This month will be challenging for sure, but we'll be doing so much better OP or mostly OP than we'd be otherwise. This group is a great place to go for support, ideas, and inspiration.

Speaking of ideas, I started pulling out my clothes that are 1-2 sizes smaller than what I could wear when I started IP. I can fit into some (mostly dresses), but I'm getting close to being able to fit into others. For inspiration, I'm in the process of washing the clothes I like and hanging them in the closet. I also need to donate some. I found that getting the clothes out, washing them, and hanging them up in my closet really motivating.

Last edited by KookySuki; 12-01-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
I woke up at 6am feeling pukey - and I did a little bit. Went back to sleep for a couple more hours and am feeling a bit better. Feeling slightly hung over even though I didn't feel drunk at all last night. After being 100% for so long, I now know that "cheating" isn't worth it, and I'm glad I found that out. Going to the in-laws today to make the annual Christmas cookies. Have already planned our dinner ahead there - steak and roasted veggies.

Used a ketostix this morning and there are still traces of ketones. Only .2 up on the scale from yesterday morning. It will probably catch up with me but I will try to stay off the scale for a couple days.

Thanks for all your support and good ideas everyone. Hope you have a great Sunday and stay strong through all these tough holiday events!
Stephascope, the same thing happened to me when I did a planned cheat for a dinner party I had last weekend. I had 3 glasses of wine and lots of water over several hours, didn't feel drunk, just tired, and woke up with a really bad headache and feeling nauseous. It sucks, but I guess our bodies aren't used to the alcohol and react poorly too it. I stayed in Ketosis too, but I think I was just lucky and will not be pushing my luck again until my work Christmas party on Dec 13th (Friday the 13th...eek!). The party is during the day at a gorgeous winery. The meal I chose is IP friendly, but I plan on drinking a couple glasses of wine. Remembering my headache from the last cheat is making me reconsider that possibility.

If you have any IP "Jello" that might be something easy for you to digest. Drink lots of water too. Hope you feel better and you are tough for making cookies with the inlaws. I probably would have used my diet as an excuse not to go. . Maybe you could make some IP friendly cookies or brownies...look at the recipes thread or Pinterest for ideas.

Last edited by KookySuki; 12-01-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KookySuki View Post
Stephascope, the same thing happened to me when I did a planned cheat for a dinner party I had last weekend. I had 3 glasses of wine and lots of water over several hours, didn't feel drunk, just tired, and woke up with a really bad headache and feeling nauseous. It sucks, but I guess our bodies aren't used to the alcohol and react poorly too it. I stayed in Ketosis too, but I think I was just lucky and will not be pushing my luck again until my work Christmas party on Dec 13th (Friday the 13th...eek!). The party is during the day at a gorgeous winery. The meal I chose is IP friendly, but I plan on drinking a couple glasses of wine. Remembering my headache from the last cheat is making me reconsider that possibility.

If you have any IP "Jello" that might be something easy for you to digest. Drink lots of water too. Hope you feel better and you are tough for making cookies with the inlaws. I probably would have used my diet as an excuse not to go. . Maybe you could make some IP friendly cookies or brownies...look at the recipes thread or Pinterest for ideas.
Thanks for the feedback! I think I only had 2 small glasses of wine last night but the waiters kept filling our glasses before they were empty so who knows! Having my chocolate drink right now so hopefully that sits well. I think I'll be fine with the cookies. I just know it's not worth it and I can have some over Christmas. Looking forward to the next 3 weeks 100%.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #11  

Kookysuki- that would be so cool to figure out how many pounds the Oct. Newbies have lost in total.

Trying to get the Christmas decorating done. Christmas music on, fire in the fireplace and I just made Lisa's zucchini muffins. Bring on the Christmas spirit, please. Feeling a little wistful today.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Hello!

I am back from my Thanksgiving trip. I have WI tom. and I am nervous. I did cheat Thanksgiving and for 2 other meals for the 10 days I was gone. We will see what happens.

I must say it is very hard to stay on IP while traveling and dining out all the time. I did the best that I could. My hubby thought I did good so we will see. He was very support of me while we were gone.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and HAPPY HANUKKAH!!!
Old 12-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #13  

Welcome home, Luccilove. Did you have fun? Nice that your husband was so supportive. Good luck with your WI tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #14  

Good luck Luccilove, let us know how your WI goes.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #15  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! Sounds like some lessons and success are happening in here!!

Way to bring it back Stethascope!
Slip, thanks for starting another new thread!
Claustin and Kawaii and Jig: Where are youuuuuuuu

I have been sick ever since coming home for Thanksgiving. (acute bronchitis) 100% OP but it's been a challenge that is for sure. My folks are quite a bit older and the house is filled with sweets. Nothing even looked that great to me except these one little things and I'm about to leave $5 on the counter and throw them away! lol

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. My WI would have been today and by the scale here, it would appear that I have lost 2.5, but that is not a confirmed WI.
I'm so glad so many of us are sticking through this...I love this group!!

Last edited by airportchick11; 12-02-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Closed Thread