Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #391  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the support. The drive was done completely in the rain,but I was amazingly calm. I think because the driving was slower. One of my close friends had agreed, no matter what to getting dinner where I could eat. Everyone else went for free food to one of the brother's house. Ate completely OP except I am short on veggies. Went to the wake from 7-9. Very touching tribute, pictures everywhere. After all of the girls, including my friend that lost her dad went out. Everything was closed, we ended up at Chili's. Entire table of various apps. What did I have, water. Most of the food looked a bit gross.

Kooky, I do need some time to relax. Not sure that will happen because we go back to school Thursday.

Want2beskinnyagain, maintenence is on my mind too, that is amazing because I know that I am going to make my goal. I never had that faith before.

After my rant this morning, I decided to let compassion and kindness rule my day. A sense of peace came over me and my anxiety ebbed. I knew that this family would appreciate my presence and it would be worth it-to be there for them.
I'm glad the day went better than you had anticipated. I find myself getting anxious before situations where I feel I might screw up on IP or there might not be any IP food options. Sounds like you did well in your situation. Isn't it interesting how repulsive fried, greasy, cheesy stuff looks now? I was repulsed by the stuff people were eating at the airport and I used to eat most of those things- mainly burgers and fries. IP is the first diet I've done where I don't crave junk and get grossed out by it.

I hope you get at least some time to relax before you go back, but at least it's a short week. I don't go back to work until Thursday either because I decided to still take the time off as if I had stayed at my parents.

I'm glad you're feeling more peaceful and less anxious. Keep us posted.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #392  

Good idea on the water dlr! I always struggle to get enough in. You'd think that would be the easiest part of the diet.

How was your trip Stephascope?
Old 12-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #393  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KookySuki View Post
Good idea on the water dlr! I always struggle to get enough in. You'd think that would be the easiest part of the diet.

How was your trip Stephascope?
My trip was really good, thanks for asking! Had a pretty quiet holiday with my family which is a nice break from our busy lives here in Calgary. I was quite surprised at how much I DIDN'T enjoy eating all my past favorite foods. All that stuff is pretty overrated. Why do our stupid brains make us think it is better than it really is?
Old 12-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #394  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
My trip was really good, thanks for asking! Had a pretty quiet holiday with my family which is a nice break from our busy lives here in Calgary. I was quite surprised at how much I DIDN'T enjoy eating all my past favorite foods. All that stuff is pretty overrated. Why do our stupid brains make us think it is better than it really is?
I'm glad you had a nice holiday. I feel the same way about past favorite foods. I used to love all kinds of junk now the thought of it grosses me out. I think part of it is knowing how good I feel on IP with all of the clean eating. Also, I know the consequences of how I feel after eating that stuff and it's not worth it.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #395  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Had my WI gained 5.8 lbs but my inches were all good. So I will go back on IP Jan 1. Tonight is anniversary and tom. is New Years and we are going out both nights. Coach said to start Jan 1-which I will.

I am trying not to stress and leave it alone - it is not the end of the world.

Have to go food shopping to get back on track.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #396  

Lucci...Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your nights out and I know you'll drop what you've gained.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #397  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Thanks kookysuki

I needed to hear that!!!! : )
Old 12-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #398  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Stephascope, loved hearing you didn't enjoy your past favorite foods! I think that is a huge step in keeping the weight off for good. I know for me I am not there yet with all the foods I loved but one day I will get there.

Lucilove, Happy Anniversary!! Enjoy the 2 days. I weighed on the 26th and I was up a couple of pounds, but got right back on that day and I have lost those already, and they have taken a few friends with them!! So I am sure on the 1st you will lose those pounds fairly quickly. Nice to know once we are into maintenance and we have a cheat day we will lose the extra very quickly.

Last night I had a nsv, we went to a birthday party with lots of appitizers and ice cream cake. I had some protein and veggies...that was it! So proud of myself, I have never been able to do that before. I felt so good when I came home knowing I didn't have anything I shouldn't.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi all,

The Newbies are back!

Steph, your holiday sounded great. Wonderful, that the old favorites do not hold such allure anymore, gives me hope.

Luccilove, Happy Anniversary! I need to get shopping too. Want to make some food and freeze it for week nights. Try not to stress, we are in this for the long haul.

Want2be, fantastic NSV. I love that we are all confident about making it to maintenance!!! Exercising that willpower can be challenging,but rewarding too.

Kooky, thank you for your help. It was the perfect stress storm. Food, grief, conflict around me, and driving in high traffic areas. It was worth it, but tiring.

Dir, I am working on the water, drank 32 ounces on the drive home. Will have 32 more at dinner. I just feel better when I drink my h2o.
Closed Thread