Old 11-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Wk 3 on IP - Questions

I just made the zucchini oatmeal muffins that had 1 maple oatmeal pkt. I took in account the zucchini that I added to the mix and as well the egg. I deducted them from what I had for supper. I baked them in a mini muffin pan so it made 14 of them and they are delish! How many can I eat at one time?

Do I measure the vegies before or after cooking (it makes a big difference with raw cauliflower and cooked/mashed cauliflower)

Can I use dried onion flakes?

If I make soup how can I tell how much vegies I am eating? I made the curry soup and I pureed the cauliflower with the broth....

Thanks in advance.........I am just trying to stay 100% OP but it gets a bit difficult when you get into creating meals.
44forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #2  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Post this in the everyday chat. You'll get a better, faster response. Lisa is the "main" one for the zucchini muffins so I would ask her

As for the veggies, its always measured raw. If you search for it there is a spreadsheet done up into grams for more accurate measuring.

I am not certain about the onion flakes. I use a little onion powder spice but that's it. I know you can only eat raw onions. but I am not sure about the dehydrated ones??

For soup, I have read from Lisa before that she adds up all of the veggies that goes into the pot and divides it by how many servings to get aprox veggies.
claustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44forever View Post
I just made the zucchini oatmeal muffins that had 1 maple oatmeal pkt. I took in account the zucchini that I added to the mix and as well the egg. I deducted them from what I had for supper. I baked them in a mini muffin pan so it made 14 of them and they are delish! How many can I eat at one time?

Do I measure the vegies before or after cooking (it makes a big difference with raw cauliflower and cooked/mashed cauliflower)

Can I use dried onion flakes?

If I make soup how can I tell how much vegies I am eating? I made the curry soup and I pureed the cauliflower with the broth....

Thanks in advance.........I am just trying to stay 100% OP but it gets a bit difficult when you get into creating meals.
If you're using 1 oatmeal packet and 1 cup of zucchini (or however much) you can eat all 14 mini muffins! You just subtract whatever quantities you used from your food allowance for the day.

Meat and veggies are always measured raw.

Onion flakes are fine.

For the soup...measure however many cups of veggies (raw) you put in then divide into equal sized containers. For example, if you start with 10 cups of raw veggies, you have 5 servings of soup with 2 cups per bowl.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote