Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #31  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
Ok I am frustrated.....I went to hu hot with my friends yesterday and did a vegetarian stir fry with only soy sauce. I was proud of myself.....then I went to dinner with my family and had a hamburger no bun and lettuce salad for supper and the scale was up a pound. This is the start of my second week and I haven't lost a pound since my first weigh in. I am so frustrated but I don't want to fall OP and so I am doing my Saturday routine of going to the gym and staying on OP way of eating......
I'm going to stay busy today deep cleaning my house to keep my mind busy and just stay OP.r.
Beef will temporarily slow my weight loss. I only eat it once a week or so. Exercise will temporarily add weight. Muscles swell with water upon use. How much salt did you get? Are you drinking water? When I follow IP it works! In the beginning this time around my weight loss was slow. I weighed in today and was down 7 lbs in 10 days and 6 inches off my hips in 4-5 weeks! From 47" to 41" in about a month! Keep going! Eat more fish and stick to recommended salt and exercise or else lose slower.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #32  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Happy weekend, everyone!

Such a busy and exciting time of year right about now. I love the holidays! Last year at this time, I was in a bit of a funk, dealing with the loss of my brother and huge, stressful changes at work, and I was basically the Grinch. Well, I am determined this year to enjoy the holidays and immerse myself in everything holiday related! Hubby roasted a turkey yesterday for us to eat off of this week, as we are both starting phase two. (Also, we are not hosting Thanksgiving, so we will have no leftovers...) Then Friday will be Christmas music and decorating all day! (Maybe some shopping...) What are your plans?

I was a little disappointed with my WI this morning, but it is TOM, so a loss is a loss, right? Down 1.6 pounds and only about a pound from my goal! I know I will get there this week! Very excited (and nervous) about phasing off, but I feel confident that I have tools now that I can use going forward. I plan to go back on P1 after the holidays, as I am practically at my goal weight but not my goal size, so I would like to lose a little more. Hubby will also do P1 after the holidays. The IP Program has given us the BEST gifts this year!

Have a great week, everyone! Happy Thanksgiving for those U.S. Peeps who are celebrating (in moderation) with me!

~Renee
Old 11-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #33  

This hasn't been said for a while but I've seen an increasing number of "disappointing losses"

THERE IS NO SUCH THING!!!!

A loss is a loss and all are to be celebrated. If IP is truly your last diet, then this is weight we will never see again/have to lose again

Please! Let us focus on the positive changes that are happening, rather than one small data point on the journey!

If we are sticking to plan, we are learning new behaviors and new reactions to situations without turning to food. We are more focused on health. We are improving every day. Lets keep the focus on everything good in the month of gratitude.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Congratulations on being so close to your goal! I like your attitude, Renee. Love how you wrote about having the tools to make your lives consistently healthy.

While this plan can be difficult and the planning- time consuming, it has been a blessing. In 7 weeks, I have lost 27 pounds, by Christmas I am hoping to be in the 1s, a place I have not been for 10 years. I think sometimes we are so caught up in the weight loss race that we forget that we did not put this weight on in 5 months. Not only our bodies but our minds need time to change.

Made a wonderful dinner last night- used left over pork tenderloin(chopped up into small cubes)mushrooms, roasted garlic, dried shallots and Herb de Provence. Sautéed in pan, like a hash. Then put an over easy egg on top. Yummy!

Also wanted to thank HockeyMom for her tip about dealing with C. Followed her advice and am feeling much better.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
This hasn't been said for a while but I've seen an increasing number of "disappointing losses"

THERE IS NO SUCH THING!!!!

A loss is a loss and all are to be celebrated. If IP is truly your last diet, then this is weight we will never see again/have to lose again

Please! Let us focus on the positive changes that are happening, rather than one small data point on the journey!

If we are sticking to plan, we are learning new behaviors and new reactions to situations without turning to food. We are more focused on health. We are improving every day. Lets keep the focus on everything good in the month of gratitude.
Lisa, mentally, I know this. As I said, a loss is a loss, no matter how small. (Am I channelling Dr. Seuss? LOL) Emotionally, it is another story. I am trying to reconcile the two, trust me. I am thrilled about being healthier; in fact, I picked up my prescription yesterday for my cholesterol meds, and I am hoping it could be the LAST REFILL EVER! That would be so nice! All the support on this site is amazing. I know that people have experienced the same things, and I can also count on a dose of reality, too, to remind me of how far I have come. I needed that this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Congratulations on being so close to your goal! I like your attitude, Renee. Love how you wrote about having the tools to make your lives consistently healthy.

While this plan can be difficult and the planning- time consuming, it has been a blessing. In 7 weeks, I have lost 27 pounds, by Christmas I am hoping to be in the 1s, a place I have not been for 10 years. I think sometimes we are so caught up in the weight loss race that we forget that we did not put this weight on in 5 months. Not only our bodies but our minds need time to change.

Made a wonderful dinner last night- used left over pork tenderloin(chopped up into small cubes)mushrooms, roasted garlic, dried shallots and Herb de Provence. Sautéed in pan, like a hash. Then put an over easy egg on top. Yummy!
I totally agree that oir minds need to change. It seems that my thoughts and attitudes on food and eating in general are changing; I am still working on changing my attitude about my body.

Your dinner sounds AMAZING! Did you have two cups of mushrooms as your veg, or did you make something else on the side? I think my hubby would love that!

Have a good day, all!

~Renee
Old 11-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #36  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Happy Thanksgiving fellow Americans!

Reenhag - Congrats on your loss and I'm sure you'll be able to get off your meds very soon!! Before I lost weight I was told that if I don't lose weight I will be put on cholesterol pills. The doctor said lose weight or go on pills. I choose to lose weight. Last week I got a clean bill of health along with a normal cholesterol, bp, and blood work. I was ecstatic!

This diet is not just about losing weight as Lisa said, it is about getting healthier and leading a healthy lifestyle that will let us live longer and enjoy our lives to the fullest. Everytime I pass ten pounds in weight, I say I will never ever let myself get there again. I have to find ways to maintain which all of us have to do. Enough of my soapbox...have a great day everyone!

Congrats to all the losses and NSV's on this thread too!
Old 11-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #37  

Renee,

Two cups of mushrooms. Had a mixed veg salad with a few grilled shrimp for lunch. Only had a couple of ounces of the maple and mustard pork left, that is why I added the egg.

My views on food have changed drastically, because I never took the time to cook. I always picked up food. Really did not care about eating, it had become very routine. Now, I am being creative because I do not want to become bored or to lose focus.

As for body image- hmm... Guess that depends on whom we are comparing ourselves. Our younger selves, unfortunately that ship has sailed or thanks to gravity-sunk, lol. Other people, we are all so different. I think you see my point, comparing never ends well. One positive thing that happened while gaining weight, is that I lost my vanity about sizes. I became realistic about my body- I am always going to have curves(large chest), an indent between my hip and thigh, and very muscular calves. Those are the things that bothered me when I was a size 9 and when I was a size 18. They are not going away My expectations have changed, as long as I am healthy and can shop wherever I want- I will be happy.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #38  

Height: 5'2

I try not to go by my home scale but I couldn't help stepping on since today is technically my full 5 weeks on IP. It said 160.2. The 150's are so close!!!Woohoo! Going for brunch with a bunch of old coworkers today. Planning on having steak and eggs with veggies. Should be a great day. Happy Thanksgiving to all you 'mericans today
Old 11-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo381972 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving fellow Americans!

Reenhag - Congrats on your loss and I'm sure you'll be able to get off your meds very soon!! Before I lost weight I was told that if I don't lose weight I will be put on cholesterol pills. The doctor said lose weight or go on pills. I choose to lose weight. Last week I got a clean bill of health along with a normal cholesterol, bp, and blood work. I was ecstatic!

This diet is not just about losing weight as Lisa said, it is about getting healthier and leading a healthy lifestyle that will let us live longer and enjoy our lives to the fullest. Everytime I pass ten pounds in weight, I say I will never ever let myself get there again. I have to find ways to maintain which all of us have to do. Enough of my soapbox...have a great day everyone!
Thanks! I don't go back to the doc till after the new year, so I am so excited to see my doc (or, more to the point, for him to see me!) and have my levels checked. Maybe I can drop one pill a day LOL. Too bad weight loss can't cure my allergies or my thyroid. o

Quote:
Renee,

Two cups of mushrooms. Had a mixed veg salad with a few grilled shrimp for lunch. Only had a couple of ounces of the maple and mustard pork left, that is why I added the egg.

My views on food have changed drastically, because I never took the time to cook. I always picked up food. Really did not care about eating, it had become very routine. Now, I am being creative because I do not want to become bored or to lose focus.

As for body image- hmm... Guess that depends on whom we are comparing ourselves. Our younger selves, unfortunately that ship has sailed or thanks to gravity-sunk, lol. Other people, we are all so different. I think you see my point, comparing never ends well. One positive thing that happened while gaining weight, is that I lost my vanity about sizes. I became realistic about my body- I am always going to have curves(large chest), an indent between my hip and thigh, and very muscular calves. Those are the things that bothered me when I was a size 9 and when I was a size 18. They are not going away My expectations have changed, as long as I am healthy and can shop wherever I want- I will be happy.
Thanks! I will share that recipe with hubby. He is the cook in this house. He is definitely learning new, healthier ways to cook while we are on IP. We used to eat out a lot, too, or get take-out, but that has definitely changed. And as for body image, I think I am just thinking of where I want to be. I, too, am curvy, and I like that about myself. I have strong calves and thighs, too, and broad shoulders. (Those could go, but hey, I know I am stuck with them LOL so I have to learn to accentuate them.) My issue is with those love handles! But hey, they didn't appear overnight, so I can't expect them to go overnight, either.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #40  

US Thanksgiving is this Thursday, but thanks so much for the early good wishes!

Some families start celebrating early since there are so many groups to celebrate with in this age of remarriages, grown children celebrating with both sides/etc.

I have many friends who are having a dinner this weekend and then at least one dinner Thursday, with more through next weekend.

I'm grateful we have ONE meal we have committed to (invites from friends were respectfully declined, since they occurred at the same time as the family gathering) and then we'll roast our own turkey next Friday at home (LEFTOVERS!)
Old 11-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #41  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
US Thanksgiving is this Thursday, but thanks so much for the early good wishes!

Some families start celebrating early since there are so many groups to celebrate with in this age of remarriages, grown children celebrating with both sides/etc.

I have many friends who are having a dinner this weekend and then at least one dinner Thursday, with more through next weekend.

I'm grateful we have ONE meal we have committed to (invites from friends were respectfully declined, since they occurred at the same time as the family gathering) and then we'll roast our own turkey next Friday at home (LEFTOVERS!)
Whoops, my bad. Some friends in the US were having their dinners this weekend so assumed it was today. Canadian Thanksgiving is on a Sunday so... I should never assume!
Old 11-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #42  

Hi all! I totally agree with Lisa on the "small losses" thing - a loss is a loss to me but I also understand the slightly defeated feeling of "only" losing a little when you were expecting more. When I feel that, I try to pick up one of my 1 or 2lbs hand weights and say to myself, this is what you lost and it's never coming back so celebrate that!

Very relaxing day today - we have nothing on, no hockey games or practices and I'm not going to a Grey Cup party this year (too difficult when most of the food is stuff I can't have so I backed out this year) so it's a pajama day today

Tomorrow morning is the final WI for the Biggest Loser challenge at work. It's currently tied between myself and one other person for the lead - I'd love to win (the competitive side of me!) but I'm also happy to have lost 25+lbs in the 10 weeks we've been doing this. I'll let you all know the results tomorrow. We're already planning the next one for January.

I love US Thanksgiving even though I'm Canadian! To me, it's a sign it's time for me to put up the decorations and the tree - yay! I even buy a turkey breast every year to cook that day - silly, I know.

Happy Sunday!
Jo
Old 11-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Hi all! I totally agree with Lisa on the "small losses" thing - a loss is a loss to me but I also understand the slightly defeated feeling of "only" losing a little when you were expecting more. When I feel that, I try to pick up one of my 1 or 2lbs hand weights and say to myself, this is what you lost and it's never coming back so celebrate that!

Very relaxing day today - we have nothing on, no hockey games or practices and I'm not going to a Grey Cup party this year (too difficult when most of the food is stuff I can't have so I backed out this year) so it's a pajama day today

Tomorrow morning is the final WI for the Biggest Loser challenge at work. It's currently tied between myself and one other person for the lead - I'd love to win (the competitive side of me!) but I'm also happy to have lost 25+lbs in the 10 weeks we've been doing this. I'll let you all know the results tomorrow. We're already planning the next one for January.

I love US Thanksgiving even though I'm Canadian! To me, it's a sign it's time for me to put up the decorations and the tree - yay! I even buy a turkey breast every year to cook that day - silly, I know.

Happy Sunday!
Jo
Happy pajama day, Jo! I am in my Jammies too! It is 20 degrees out with 43 mph winds- staying inside today,even though I should go grocery shopping. (Which explains why I am on the board so much today)

I think your mini US turkey day is a sweet tradition. I like the separation between Thanksgiving and Christmas too! But retailers and big business are really pushing it here in the US. We haven't even eaten the turkey and I have people in my neighborhood with Christmas lights up and on. Saw Santa Claus at a business in my small town yesterday. We just seem to rush everything. Maybe, I am being too traditional,but that is how I feel.

Good Luck tomorrow on your BL contest. Hope that you win!
Old 11-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #44  

Quote:
I think your mini US turkey day is a sweet tradition. I like the separation between Thanksgiving and Christmas too! But retailers and big business are really pushing it here in the US. We haven't even eaten the turkey and I have people in my neighborhood with Christmas lights up and on. Saw Santa Claus at a business in my small town yesterday. We just seem to rush everything. Maybe, I am being too traditional,but that is how I feel.
Oh me too!
I may get out some decorations next weekend but there will be no rush to the stores...actually I shop for gifts for people through the year so I can enjoy my holiday weekends stress-free.

I have recently walked out of businesses that are playing Christmas music before Thanksgiving. I just can't take it! (especially the ones that started it right after Halloween!)

Next weekend will be our at-home weekend and all of my non-online purchase will be from small retailers, rather than big-box stores. I'm supporting small business!
Old 11-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #45  

Funny Lisa, I shop ahead too! I will put up the tree and decorate next weekend because we have a long weekend from school. I do not entertain at the house until New Year's Eve, but I like to enjoy the spirit of Christmas during December.

I hear from some of my friends at the National Social Studies Conference, that you are having frigid weather too. Keep warm,
Closed Thread