Just started today!

• I'm super excited to begin my IP journey.

I've been heavy all my life, but throughout school I was one of the healthiest and in shape overweight people I knew! I was an active all star cheerleader and was always busy with that. After school... the weight just packed on more and more until I reached my heaviest at 289.

A year ago, I had been on the weight watchers plan and managed to get down to 208. , Right? But then.. I switched jobs and started working overnight. I went to school full time during the day, and would work all night, so I lacked sleep. I eventually would eat to stay awake, and was too tired to do any sort of meal planning.

Just a year later my weight skyrocketed to 260. I was so upset... Thankfully, I have an amazing boyfriend who is super supportive and loves me no matter what. I heard about IP through my work place and had seen the results people were getting, so I'm very excited to try it. I decided to do it right before the holidays, because I was just terrified that I would continue to gain and gain and gain.

It's my first day and I'm eager to see my results! Any words of advice or wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Also... how/where did you guys get those tracker things in your signature?
  • Welcome! I remember my first day and the relief I felt that I finally had something that worked! Your ticker comes after 20 days on the site OR 20 posts. If you look in the daily chat thread, Lisa starts it off with all of the helpful links you'll need! The ticker info is in that. I would suggest digging through that post...especially the recipes! I get tired of salad everyday so the recipes help! There are cool ways to 'hack' your packets to keep it exciting! I suggest reading/participating the daily chat thread and the November starts. They will be the most active for you!
  • Welcome to IP. The first few days will be tough. Just keep with it and you will see results. IP is a great program. Don't cheat and don't get discouraged.
  • Welcome! I am new too - just started on Monday. Good luck to you!
  • Welcome! Stay 100% on program and you'll see magnificent results in a very short amout of time!

You can do it!!!
  • Welcome to 3fc and to ideal protein!

I was also on weight watchers at one point and lost 30 pounds. I find this diet much easier in that everything is planned for you. You have the food which you can choose from a wide variety depending on your tastes (chocolate is my favorite). You have to write in a journal which is really helpful to keep you on track and to see that you get all your vitamins/exercise in.

The first week is the hardest as your body gets into ketosis and you may have a headache and feel irritable. Just ride it through as it gets easier.

Your coach hopefully is there for you for any questions and support you may need. Best of luck! You also lose weight faster than on WW I find.
  • Thanks guys! I made it through yesterday with no issues.. though I did get that headache towards the end of the day. Made it through though! I'm proud of myself and ready for a new day.
  • I also started on Tuesday and I am with you I am super excited !!! good luck to you
  • I started on 11-13-13 and so far I love the way I feel and I love having this website for support. I like the ideas and the conversations, plus knowing we are all in this together. I am someone that didn't eat alot of vegetables and now I'm not minding them so much....
    I love stir fry's at night and spicy foods....

I'm down 9 pounds at my first weigh on and another pound this morning. That's 10 pounds all together I really enjoy this journey with IP.
  • Way to go workingmom! and Congrats finale! That's super motivating to hear! Well done
  • Quote: Thanks guys! I made it through yesterday with no issues.. though I did get that headache towards the end of the day. Made it through though! I'm proud of myself and ready for a new day.
    Great news! Keep it up!
    Drink a loooot of water! I find it helps, but you may be peeing a lot more than normal..just sayin'. I had to pee every 15 mins or so the first few weeks.