Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #16  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, very inspirational posts today!

Feeling good today, although I am freezing. That's one thing I have noticed since I started IP and it has gotten cooler out, that I am cold a lot. From some of the posts, I gather that this is common. I actually turned up the heat in my office, which embarassed me because I spent the whole last winter calling maintenance and complaining about how hot my office was!! Oh, if they could see me now.

DH is out of town which worries me because my meal planning goes right downhill when I am just cooking for me. Luckily, I have loads of vegetables at home so my fallback is always an omelette with veggies.

Have a great IP day everyone!
Old 11-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #17  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesparz View Post
Good morning!

I have been doing good and staying OP. However, everyday in my way home I pass a Sara Lee factory and smell the fresh baked bread and I am really starting to miss bread. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do fill my cravinvg? After there any recipes to make bread using IP packages?
My favorite "bread" was the broccoli cheddar soup made in the waffle iron. It's in the recipe threads.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi all. WI was today for me-- down 1.4. Not bad, but I find it so frustrating that my scale at home showed a 2.4lb loss for the week and then the clinic's is so different. I understand that there's time of day variance, but the 1lb difference is frustrating.

You can say don't stand on the scale at home, but that's not going to change, and those fluctuations don't bother me, just the inconsistency.

Not sure why but it's just kind of a down day (even before WI).
Old 11-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #19  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Happy Hump Day!

Waiting not-so-patiently for the weekend. Ugh, it is SUCH a busy time of year! I have most of my grades, comments, etc. done for report cards next week. I am not looking forward to these reports. Oh, well. It is what it is; the kids did the work, not me. (Or in many cases, they DIDN'T do the work...)

One of our families brought in a nice lunch spread for the teachers: nice rolls and sandwich fixin's, salads, cake, cookies, soda... NSV is that I was able to resist it all! It was a very sweet gesture, and my co-workers really enjoyed it. I ate my leftover cauli rice, broccoli, and protein.

Trivia tonight, but feeling tired and not sure if i will make it till 9:30. I have to sleep well tonight 'cuz I will be out all night tomorrow seeing the Hunger Games double feature. So excited! Planning my water bottles and snacks for the movie and getting everything ready tonight. Go, Katniss, go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonhs View Post
Feeling good today, although I am freezing. That's one thing I have noticed since I started IP and it has gotten cooler out, that I am cold a lot. From some of the posts, I gather that this is common. I actually turned up the heat in my office, which embarassed me because I spent the whole last winter calling maintenance and complaining about how hot my office was!! Oh, if they could see me now.
I am with you there! My nose has been especially cold (is this weird?) It feels like an ice cube! I used to be HOT all the time; now I wear sweaters almost all day and turn the heat up in my classroom. I understand it, but I don't like it! I just want a warm nose!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #20  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

I am always cold now too. I was going through some pre menopausal thing for about six months before I started. Hadn't had my TOM for about six months and was dying with hot flashes. About a week before my IP start date I had my TOM. Hot flashes over. Been freezing ever since starting. Tom came today. really wondering how my loses will be this week. I'm afraid I won't lose at all.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #21  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Hello all!! I am back!!! So exhausted but I had an amazing trip!

Glad to be home and back into my routine. Traveling is hard on IP. I stayed OP my entire trip, however I am sure that my portioning was off, and I know for sure that I didn't get all of my water in. But I am home now, and anxious for my WI tomorrow morning!!

Can't wait to catch up on everything I missed while I was away!!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

"Waiting not-so-patiently for the weekend. Ugh, it is SUCH a busy time of year! I have most of my grades, comments, etc. done for report cards next week. I am not looking forward to these reports. Oh, well. It is what it is; the kids did the work, not me. (Or in many cases, they DIDN'T do the work...)"

Reenhag, congrats on your nsv! What a nice thing for that family to do. It can be tough, I am going to give any edible gifts at the holidays away before I even leave the building. I can totally relate to your above post. I am in the middle of a research project with my cherubs and it has been like pulling teeth. I was so tired after work that I came home and fell asleep for over an hour. The kids just seem to lack the urgency a deadline should bring.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 223/198/160

had WI #7 today, down only 1.5 my coach immediately asked if i had cheated (i did have a couple drinks saturday) so i told her that I did but it kind of bothered me that she asked that immediately. While 1.5 lbs in a week isn't ideal, I am nearing my goal so had expected my losses to slow down now I don't know what she is expecting of me every week
Old 11-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
Hi all. WI was today for me-- down 1.4. Not bad, but I find it so frustrating that my scale at home showed a 2.4lb loss for the week and then the clinic's is so different. I understand that there's time of day variance, but the 1lb difference is frustrating.

You can say don't stand on the scale at home, but that's not going to change, and those fluctuations don't bother me, just the inconsistency.

Not sure why but it's just kind of a down day (even before WI).
In the long run you are going to be using your home scale for your weight so I wouldn't discard those numbers either!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I tried the wildberry muffins tonite. They rock! My routine before IP was a muffin and tea for bfast so I was missing them.

Even my DH who isn't on the diet ate some. The recipe made 20 mini muffins and took almost 10 more minutes to cook than what the recipe stated but they were delish.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44forever View Post
I tried the wildberry muffins tonite. They rock! My routine before IP was a muffin and tea for bfast so I was missing them.

Even my DH who isn't on the diet ate some. The recipe made 20 mini muffins and took almost 10 more minutes to cook than what the recipe stated but they were delish.
Where did you find the recipe???
Old 11-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseys928 View Post
In the long run you are going to be using your home scale for your weight so I wouldn't discard those numbers either!
Looks like you and I had a really similar WI. I was -1.4lbs. What's your % body fat if you don't mind me asking? I sometimes wonder if that matters... I am at 34%. "Healthy body fat" is one of my goals since muscle is better at burning calories than fat.

My coach didn't really have a reaction at all about my weight. I'm so new to the program I guess we don't know what to expect. I was just feeling like a brat earlier-- I weighed 172 consistently on my home scale for 5 days. I expected the clinic's scale to be a bit heavier, but come on, 176? I felt a little whiney since this second week was harder for me than the first.

No matter, my home scale is still lower than it was last week, so I guess that's a victory. Plus I lost 2" on my thorax, 1" on my bust, and 1.5" on my waist. So I guess those are good losses, too. (ah, PMS, what wonders you do for my mood!)
Old 11-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
Looks like you and I had a really similar WI. I was -1.4lbs. What's your % body fat if you don't mind me asking? I sometimes wonder if that matters... I am at 34%. "Healthy body fat" is one of my goals since muscle is better at burning calories than fat.

My coach didn't really have a reaction at all about my weight. I'm so new to the program I guess we don't know what to expect. I was just feeling like a brat earlier-- I weighed 172 consistently on my home scale for 5 days. I expected the clinic's scale to be a bit heavier, but come on, 176? I felt a little whiney since this second week was harder for me than the first.

No matter, my home scale is still lower than it was last week, so I guess that's a victory. Plus I lost 2" on my thorax, 1" on my bust, and 1.5" on my waist. So I guess those are good losses, too. (ah, PMS, what wonders you do for my mood!)
Looks like we are on the same weight loss path/time table. Im not sure what my body fat is the coach never shows me but she did say my fat was still going down, ill take a peak next week. you're doing awesome especially for just starting
Old 11-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #29  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

So, I know many people wont get to read this as it's pretty late, but I have an embarassing NSV.... I usually exit the cafeteria by pushing the push handle with my stomach.... Well, I don't have as big of a stomach as I thought anymore, and ended up faceplanting into the door (with all my friends behind me trying not to laugh)... SO my belly is shrinking, but so did my dignitity when I tried to open the door with my face... Lol
Old 11-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #30  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
So, I know many people wont get to read this as it's pretty late, but I have an embarassing NSV.... I usually exit the cafeteria by pushing the push handle with my stomach.... Well, I don't have as big of a stomach as I thought anymore, and ended up faceplanting into the door (with all my friends behind me trying not to laugh)... SO my belly is shrinking, but so did my dignitity when I tried to open the door with my face... Lol
:LOL:
Closed Thread