Old 01-21-2014, 05:28 PM   #151  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
I am having a case of fatigue of the diet ... I feel bad even saying since others have been doing it so much longer. I find myself thinking about food I can't have a lot and even trying to rationalize that just a little would be ok. Yikes!

I think the thing that concerns me most is that if I have these feelings now (ie I don't think that any cravings are gone) which makes me nervous about the longer term and maintenance.

Reading the boards today for inspiration and determination.

IP POWER to us all.
I'm confused. Your trackers say you're at (past) goal. Haven't you moved past p1?
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 189/132/130

Height: 5' 6"

I'm new to the 3fatchicks group, so please be patient with me as I try to maneuver around this site.

I started with the Ideal Protein Diet, along with hubby, on Aug 5, 2013. I have gone from 189 pounds to now 132, with 2 more pounds to go, to achieve my weight loss goal. I imagine next week, we will be going from Stage 1 to Stage 2.

I have had MASSIVE hair loss... my doctor just started this diet in her clinic shortly before we started on the diet. She believes that my hair will likely grow back, once we get off the diet. Has anyone else found hair loss, and did it grow back, or is there something I should be / could be doing to help it grow back?
Brenda52411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:55 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 189/132/130

Height: 5' 6"

Kelli,

You are eating the Phase 3 breakfast, but on Phase 1 for noon and your supper meal? I think I'm confused. I'm still on Phase 1, but think next week I will be moving to Phase 2.

What phase are you in, if you are eating the huge breakfast, but still on Phase 1 for dinner and supper?
Brenda52411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:18 PM   #154  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm confused. Your trackers say you're at (past) goal. Haven't you moved past p1?
Hey Lisa: I'm still in phase 1 per my clinic's reco and also because I'm not really the size I'd expect to be. The clinic is still showing my bmi as not yet in the normal category and that I have 6 pds of fat to lose so their thought is I lose the fat and get my bmi into normal. (the 171 goal I post here is what they gave me originally)

I haven't changed my goal because they said they are just looking for the bmi/fat to both be normal and that may or may not be the 6 lbs. they have of course also mentioned that the scales aren't foolproof and if I stall, I could go to phase 2.

I do realize I could push the issue - especially now that I'm feeling a little diet fatigue - but I'm also feeling like they have been very helpful so far. 155 is appealing and gets me closer normal in the height/weight charts (that don't factor in anything like bone structure or age). So in my head, a lot of factors are pointing to "keep going".

I weigh again tomorrow - will be week 22.5 (I normally weigh on Saturday) but it's also in the evening and I normally weigh in the morning. So it won't be apples to apples with my last weigh in about a week and a half ago. Home scale doesn't show much movement regardless.

The last time I was at the clinic we discussed the diet fatigue and they asked if I'd try to stick it out a little longer to get to the normal bmi. I'm trying, just have more days of "ugh" where it used to be a little easier to manage.

I have some concerns that I'll regret phasing too soon and wish I had stuck it out. Could be I also am worried it feels like quitting (before bmi is even normal) before I'm fully done losing ... even though in my head, I know it's not.

I have some history of self sabbatage so I'm trying to be mindful and not do that here given all the work to date.

Weight is complicated may be the short answer.
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:53 PM   #155  

Quote:
Hey Lisa: I'm still in phase 1 per my clinic's reco and also because I'm not really the size I'd expect to be. The clinic is still showing my bmi as not yet in the normal category and that I have 6 pds of fat to lose so their thought is I lose the fat and get my bmi into normal. (the 171 goal I post here is what they gave me originally)

I haven't changed my goal because they said they are just looking for the bmi/fat to both be normal and that may or may not be the 6 lbs. they have of course also mentioned that the scales aren't foolproof and if I stall, I could go to phase 2.

I do realize I could push the issue - especially now that I'm feeling a little diet fatigue - but I'm also feeling like they have been very helpful so far. 155 is appealing and gets me closer normal in the height/weight charts (that don't factor in anything like bone structure or age). So in my head, a lot of factors are pointing to "keep going".

I weigh again tomorrow - will be week 22.5 (I normally weigh on Saturday) but it's also in the evening and I normally weigh in the morning. So it won't be apples to apples with my last weigh in about a week and a half ago. Home scale doesn't show much movement regardless.

The last time I was at the clinic we discussed the diet fatigue and they asked if I'd try to stick it out a little longer to get to the normal bmi. I'm trying, just have more days of "ugh" where it used to be a little easier to manage.

I have some concerns that I'll regret phasing too soon and wish I had stuck it out. Could be I also am worried it feels like quitting (before bmi is even normal) before I'm fully done losing ... even though in my head, I know it's not.

I have some history of self sabbatage so I'm trying to be mindful and not do that here given all the work to date.

Okay. Your trackers just confused me.
Anyway, I've seen many peeps continue to lose in both p2 AND p3
Just FYI

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-21-2014 at 07:14 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #156  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

That is a lot of info to process! I hope you are finding it a little easier. I have had those days, but trust me, restarting is harder. Get where you want to be now, then phase off. It was harder for me to get back into the swing of things after the holidays. I am there now, but it has taken two full weeks to get my head fully back into the game. When I have a bad day (typically stress-driven, for me), I just look at it one day at a time or even one meal at a time. It makes the process much more do-able.

Good luck getting into that normal BMI range! You will be there before you know it!

Renee
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
That is a lot of info to process! I hope you are finding it a little easier. I have had those days, but trust me, restarting is harder. Get where you want to be now, then phase off. It was harder for me to get back into the swing of things after the holidays. I am there now, but it has taken two full weeks to get my head fully back into the game. When I have a bad day (typically stress-driven, for me), I just look at it one day at a time or even one meal at a time. It makes the process much more do-able.

Good luck getting into that normal BMI range! You will be there before you know it!

Renee
Thanks Renee. I sometimes "think" too much so that plays a role in all this too. I like "one meal at a time". Good advice.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #158  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Quote:

Please, please know that you can hang in there! I had the same issue, reached my initial goal, I made the weight but my body fat % was over 35 and they weren't happy. I had 2 cheat days totally off plan at Xmas and NYE and boy was I craving after that! Sweets, crackers, cream cheese. But I decided to push on. It only took 5 lbs for me to get seriously under that 35% and I have to say I love my body more at this weight than the heavier initial goal. You have worked so hard, you CAN do this, look at your success to date. So know that I'm here, supporting you, what ever you do but I know you can push through if it's what you want.
ecdcslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:29 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:

You are sure right that "weight is complicated"! No other way to see it.

What struck me in your post was the comment that you feel you are not the size you would expect to be. If you have a mental image of where you want to be as a result of this, then maybe your mind is telling you something - that you are not done yet?

If you are feeling that way, maybe you can find a way to hang in there a little longer - make a little project of researching recipes that you have not tried yet (roasted cabbage?) and planning out another week's menu using those? I would hate for you to stop when part of you is saying you are not there yet.

Good luck with whatever you decide - you have done a great job of losing a lot of weight.
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda52411 View Post
I'm new to the 3fatchicks group, so please be patient with me as I try to maneuver around this site.

I started with the Ideal Protein Diet, along with hubby, on Aug 5, 2013. I have gone from 189 pounds to now 132, with 2 more pounds to go, to achieve my weight loss goal. I imagine next week, we will be going from Stage 1 to Stage 2.

I have had MASSIVE hair loss... my doctor just started this diet in her clinic shortly before we started on the diet. She believes that my hair will likely grow back, once we get off the diet. Has anyone else found hair loss, and did it grow back, or is there something I should be / could be doing to help it grow back?

Hi there! I feel your pain! I had to totally phase off since my hair loss was so sudden and massive!!! I phased off in November and my hair is still coming out at the same rate. My doctor ran tests and everything is normal so she expects the hair loss to stop three months from when I phased off which will be mid February. I do notice hair growing back but I have long hair that I love so it will take forever!!! Glad I lost the 40 pounds but really hate this side effect for me! You asked what I was eating and I am doing phase 4. For breakfast, I either have Special K protein cereal with 1/2 grapefruit and plain greek yogart or an egg and whole grain lite english muffin instead of the cereal. Lunch I have my veggies and an IP protein bar and snack I have yogart, dinner I do phase 4. I'm not really doing a cheat day but as soon as I see a 140# on the scale, I do a phase 1 day and it goes right back down so that's what works for me. Good luck!!!!!!
Kellimomo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:59 PM   #161  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Please, please know that you can hang in there! I had the same issue, reached my initial goal, I made the weight but my body fat % was over 35 and they weren't happy. I had 2 cheat days totally off plan at Xmas and NYE and boy was I craving after that! Sweets, crackers, cream cheese. But I decided to push on. It only took 5 lbs for me to get seriously under that 35% and I have to say I love my body more at this weight than the heavier initial goal. You have worked so hard, you CAN do this, look at your success to date. So know that I'm here, supporting you, what ever you do but I know you can push through if it's what you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
You are sure right that "weight is complicated"! No other way to see it.

What struck me in your post was the comment that you feel you are not the size you would expect to be. If you have a mental image of where you want to be as a result of this, then maybe your mind is telling you something - that you are not done yet?

If you are feeling that way, maybe you can find a way to hang in there a little longer - make a little project of researching recipes that you have not tried yet (roasted cabbage?) and planning out another week's menu using those? I would hate for you to stop when part of you is saying you are not there yet.

Good luck with whatever you decide - you have done a great job of losing a lot of weight.
Thanks for the support

I weighed in today and lost more than I expected. I'm in the 150s. What what?!?! I lowered my goal to 155 in my ticker which should put me at a normal bmi. I don't see the clinic folks for a week and a half and we agreed to discuss then and see where I am. I'm hanging tough!

PS also posted a picture rather than an avatar. Photos still make me uncomfortable - I took this to post over a week ago - but I decided to bite the bullet and be brave (for me anyway)

Last edited by vachinyc; 01-22-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #162  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Thanks for the support

I weighed in today and lost more than I expected. I'm in the 150s. What what?!?! I lowered my goal to 155 in my ticker which should put me at a normal bmi. I don't see the clinic folks for a week and a half and we agreed to discuss then and see where I am. I'm hanging tough!

PS also posted a picture rather than an avatar. Photos still make me uncomfortable - I took this to post over a week ago - but I decided to bite the bullet and be brave (for me anyway)
Great pic! You are doing an awesome job!
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Great pic! You are doing an awesome job!
Thanks! You too...I'm jealous of your size 10s
Old 01-22-2014, 11:29 PM   #164  
maintaining since 9/2013

vachinyc, you look great! I experienced diet fatigue toward the end, too. If you haven't already done so, I suggest going shopping. Reward yourself for the fabulous job have done. Relish your success fully, enjoy your healthy new body to the max--now and on maintenance, whenever you decide that is. You've earned it.

Brenda, I had major hair loss toward the end of P1 that continued into maintenance several weeks to the point that I went wig-shopping. Recently, about the 4th month into maintenance, it started growing back. IP states that it's related to hormones released by fat cells as you lose weight and will grow back. My hair stylist (and others on 3FC) say that any diet with rigorous calorie restriction can cause hair loss. You can search the IP forum and find the hair loss thread and find some good info about it. Hang in there!

Last edited by mars735; 01-22-2014 at 11:37 PM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:37 AM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
vachinyc, you look great! I experienced diet fatigue toward the end, too. If you haven't already done so, I suggest going shopping. Reward yourself for the fabulous job have done. Relish your success fully, enjoy your healthy new body to the max--now and on maintenance, whenever you decide that is. You've earned it.
Thanks Mars. I haven't really shopped much yet - just a few pairs of inexpensive pants to have something to wear to work. (And I can shop my closet to a degree) Figured I'd wait until I settled in at a size but you're right, a treat outfit might help