3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Who Started August 2013, Part III!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #106
IP start date 8/1/2013
 
nolasmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Orleans,La
Posts: 669

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
The Augusters had fallen off the first page so....

Hello and happy new year Augusters!

My weigh-in is tomorrow, first one in two weeks (clinic closed some over holiday and I traveled). And it is going to be COLD out. Even though my clinic is across the street, I'm guessing my "weigh in outfit" I've been using sine august (shorts) won't work. LOL.

I am past the original goal the clinic set for me but not quite yet at 'healthy' bmi or a size I'd like so onward I go. IP rocks!

TGIF! And stay warm! IP power to all!
HAHA! yea I don't see you wearing the shorts! Maybe the outfit under warmer clothes and ask for a minute to strip down? Since I'm on my own now I "weigh in" in my own bathroom so I strip down to my birthday suit. Honey normally waits outside to see where I'm at. Sometimes there's a victorious streak around the house LOL, but it's down in the 30's here so I think I'll just get dressed first!
__________________
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:11 AM   #107
Started IP August 14 2013
 
vachinyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 337

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Default

Good morning: checking in here too... Week 20 weigh in today for me.

Happy to report I'm down 3.9 pounds across the two week holiday period and also down another 3.25 inches. Yippee! IP works

I'm still sorting out what my final goal is before I will phase... Bmi isn't quite there and size/measurements aren't quite where I'd like them to be yet. Onward!

(On the weigh in clothing note...which I know is silly (we all have our things, right?) I wore light weight yoga pants and a light t-shirt but layers!)

Happy weekend and IP POWER to all!
__________________
CURRENTLY IN MAINTENANCE since March 2014
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:39 AM   #108
Senior Member
 
Hiker88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 505

S/C/G: 244/167/150

Height: 5 '6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
HAHA! yea I don't see you wearing the shorts! Maybe the outfit under warmer clothes and ask for a minute to strip down? Since I'm on my own now I "weigh in" in my own bathroom so I strip down to my birthday suit. Honey normally waits outside to see where I'm at. Sometimes there's a victorious streak around the house LOL, but it's down in the 30's here so I think I'll just get dressed first!
LOL!!!
Hiker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #109
Senior Member
 
KareVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: VT
Posts: 267

S/C/G: 188/163/135

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Good morning: checking in here too... Week 20 weigh in today for me.

Happy to report I'm down 3.9 pounds across the two week holiday period and also down another 3.25 inches. Yippee! IP works

I'm still sorting out what my final goal is before I will phase... Bmi isn't quite there and size/measurements aren't quite where I'd like them to be yet. Onward!

(On the weigh in clothing note...which I know is silly (we all have our things, right?) I wore light weight yoga pants and a light t-shirt but layers!)

Happy weekend and IP POWER to all!
Congrats to you, vachinyc! You must be so proud. I've been following your journey and you are encouraging me to stay focused and persevere - thank you and may you continue to rock this; you got it!
__________________


Note: Lost 30lbs on Ideal Protein, gained 11lbs. Now on 1st week of MediFast and LOVING IT! It's so much easier and much more variety

No one is a failure who continues to try..
KareVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #110
Started IP August 14 2013
 
vachinyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 337

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Congrats to you, vachinyc! You must be so proud. I've been following your journey and you are encouraging me to stay focused and persevere - thank you and may you continue to rock this; you got it!
Happy to see you checking in this weekend. Thank you for the congrats

For me, super focused is the only way it works. I'm almost manic, probably driving friends crazy...but I fall too easily if there's any wiggle room. So, it is just the way I cope..by being laser focused. Admittedly, as I get closer to phasing, I find myself having days of diet fatigue. Or I get a little snarky with the world about all I can't have. It is a constant struggle to remind myself that I need to reframe that... I choose not to have x so that I can achieve y... Struggle struggle!

You can do it too - you have been right there with me and you are so positive and upbeat.

Hope you are staying warm... And that your IP mojo is in full force!
__________________
CURRENTLY IN MAINTENANCE since March 2014
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:12 PM   #111
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 906

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/187/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default No failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Congrats to you, vachinyc! You must be so proud. I've been following your journey and you are encouraging me to stay focused and persevere - thank you and may you continue to rock this; you got it!
I love the tag at the end of your signature about no failure as long as continue to try. I definitely fall in that category. Still here, challenged, but not giving up. I have started going to the gym every day and hope that will support me both emotionally and physically.
__________________


schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #112
Senior Member
 
lighthouse101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 263

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
For me, super focused is the only way it works. I'm almost manic, probably driving friends crazy...but I fall too easily if there's any wiggle room. So, it is just the way I cope..by being laser focused. Admittedly, as I get closer to phasing, I find myself having days of diet fatigue. Or I get a little snarky with the world about all I can't have. It is a constant struggle to remind myself that I need to reframe that... I choose not to have x so that I can achieve y... Struggle struggle!
Thanks for the reminder about the importance of being focused! I did great the first 3 months by being so strict - truly 100%. I've been struggling big time this last week with the holidays and know I just need to recommit to 100% and get back on track. I've gained some weight back and now have to re-lose weight I've already lost, which is totally disappointing, but completely due to bad choices I've made. Time to deal with it, move forward, and refocus so that I can start the scale going back down instead of up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I love the tag at the end of your signature about no failure as long as continue to try. I definitely fall in that category. Still here, challenged, but not giving up. I have started going to the gym every day and hope that will support me both emotionally and physically.
I'm starting the gym as well - my membership starts on Monday and I hope to make this a part of my daily routine and be as accountable to that as I will be to following IP 100%!
__________________


lighthouse101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #113
Started IP - 8/27/13
 
AliExpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Grand Cayman
Posts: 203

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Who started August 2013? Part III :)

Hey Augusters!!!

I just noticed that our previous thread is closed, Woo-Hoo!!!

Here's the link to Part II:

Who started August 2013? Part II :)

Don't want all our encouragement to get "lost in the sauce"!!
__________________


IP 25 by Spring Challenge




WI 1: -9.4; WI 2: -2.4; WI 3: -5.0; WI 4: -2.0; WI 5: -1.0; WI 6: -4.6; WI 7 & 8: (Vacay); WI 9: -1.8; WI 10: -3.9; WI 11: -1.0; WI 12: -4.7; WI 13: +0.5; WI 14: -3.1; WI 15: -2.8; WI 16: -3.2; WI 17: -1.6; WI 18: -2.0; WI 19: -0.2; WI 20: -3.0; WI 21: -4.2

One for every 5lbs gone

AliExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #114
Started IP - 8/27/13
 
AliExpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Grand Cayman
Posts: 203

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Default

So my holiday guests are gone and today I am back on plan 100% after 3 weeks of "modifications", lol.
__________________


IP 25 by Spring Challenge




WI 1: -9.4; WI 2: -2.4; WI 3: -5.0; WI 4: -2.0; WI 5: -1.0; WI 6: -4.6; WI 7 & 8: (Vacay); WI 9: -1.8; WI 10: -3.9; WI 11: -1.0; WI 12: -4.7; WI 13: +0.5; WI 14: -3.1; WI 15: -2.8; WI 16: -3.2; WI 17: -1.6; WI 18: -2.0; WI 19: -0.2; WI 20: -3.0; WI 21: -4.2

One for every 5lbs gone

AliExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #115
IP start date 8/1/2013
 
nolasmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Orleans,La
Posts: 669

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Default

Hey Team August! Sitting here waiting on the Princess to get out of school. Ready for this cold snap to move on! The high today is 35 and it barley made it! Lol my honey was laughing this morning when i said Ill never complain about being hot again. Im 18lbs from my original goal amd getting anixous about being t here. I want it to hurry up so I can have a treat but the. I think omg im going to fail and gain all the weight back! Its terrifying.
__________________
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #116
Started IP 8/22/13
 
Rockabillygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 77

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Hello Augusters,

I've been back 100% since 12/30 . . .until a minute ago when I ate a Ghiradeli square that was included in a package I received today. Sigh. As of now, 100% again!!!

I was down 2.2 today. I'll take it! It does feel like its going to be an eternity until I reach my goal -- just need to keep my eye on the goal. Let's all keep going . . . . :-)
__________________
Rockabillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:12 AM   #117
Member
 
Kellimomo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 82

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Hi everyone!!! Still plugging along in maintenance. My hair loss has not stopped yet so unfortunately I will never be able to go back on this diet!!!!! That really bums me out since it works so well for me. But with that said, I am having success in maintenance!!! I phased off in November at 139 and have been able to keep that weight. The scale goes up and down between 138-141 and as soon as I see a 140, I do a phase 1 day and it goes right back down. Now if the hair loss would just stop, I would be really happy!! I wish you all well!!!
__________________
Kellimomo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #118
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,210

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 View Post
Hi everyone!!! Still plugging along in maintenance. My hair loss has not stopped yet so unfortunately I will never be able to go back on this diet!!!!! That really bums me out since it works so well for me. But with that said, I am having success in maintenance!!! I phased off in November at 139 and have been able to keep that weight. The scale goes up and down between 138-141 and as soon as I see a 140, I do a phase 1 day and it goes right back down. Now if the hair loss would just stop, I would be really happy!! I wish you all well!!!
Have you tried using the alternative plan to lose the rest of the weight? It isn't as low carb/calorie/or fat.
Also, have you had a complete thyroid panel run?
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:27 AM   #119
Started IP - 8/27/13
 
AliExpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Grand Cayman
Posts: 203

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Default

BUMP!!! I don't know how I missed this third volume!! Sorry, slownsteady.
__________________


IP 25 by Spring Challenge




WI 1: -9.4; WI 2: -2.4; WI 3: -5.0; WI 4: -2.0; WI 5: -1.0; WI 6: -4.6; WI 7 & 8: (Vacay); WI 9: -1.8; WI 10: -3.9; WI 11: -1.0; WI 12: -4.7; WI 13: +0.5; WI 14: -3.1; WI 15: -2.8; WI 16: -3.2; WI 17: -1.6; WI 18: -2.0; WI 19: -0.2; WI 20: -3.0; WI 21: -4.2

One for every 5lbs gone

AliExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #120
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 906

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/187/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default

I am so proud of all who have stuck by this August group! There have been ups and downs and some who have incredibly stuck straight through this many month process. Kudos to all.

What is important is that we are all still here, still trying.

What am I most proud of? Yes, the weight loss, but getting to the gym everyday takes the cake for me. I have never been a gym person, always felt like a fish out of water. I can't say I love going but I love the fact that I DO go! I know I feel better and I know my body is getting healthier, so I am good with that.

So, Augusters, of what are YOU most proud?
__________________


schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who started August 2013? Part II :) slownsteady Ideal Protein Diet 504 11-19-2013 08:11 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2