3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Who Started August 2013, Part III!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2014, 10:13 PM   #181
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25
 
ReenHag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland, U.S.A.
Posts: 376

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I've been up and down this month as well. Post holidays and all the junk.
Happy to hear the workouts helped. I'm all about taking the zone out and reflecting on why I'm doing this diet.

Today we got "fitted" for a fashion show we are having at work. I was able to fit in an off the rack dress that looks AWESome on me.
Would love to see a pic! Fashion show sounds fun! And thanks for the support. Zone-outers, unite!!!
__________________
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:57 PM   #182
Senior Member
 
Bellamack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 1,792

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
Yay! Today is crossed into long-forgotten territory, the land of below 200! Pretty exciting!!

I hope you all have a great evening!
Congrats! I am getting so close I can taste it keep up the good work!
__________________
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #183
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,265

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
Yay! Today is crossed into long-forgotten territory, the land of below 200! Pretty exciting!!

I hope you all have a great evening!
Welcome to Onederland!
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #184
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 906

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/187/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Having a down month, Augusters. Just not feeling "it"; not in terms of IP, but just in general. I guess it is a mix of the weather and work stress, and perhaps the post-holiday let down. So I came home today quite down, just sat on the couch and zoned out completely. Then I decided to get my BUTT in gear and did not one, but TWO half-hour toning workouts. All that talk about endorphins- there is something to that! LOL I guess I have found my "anti-depressant" to get me through the dead of winter.

(Remind me of this when I am having another really bad, down day, please.)
You mirror my thoughts. I have discovered that when I start to feel blue or discouraged with my losses, I have to grab the bag and make myself go to the gym. Yesterday, I did that and discovered that my dear son had loaded new songs onto my IPod while he was home on leave. What a treat to thump on the treadmill o my favorite music and realize what he had done for me.

Guess that validated I had made the right choice.
__________________


schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:14 PM   #185
Started IP 8/22/13
 
Rockabillygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 77

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Thanks for all the positive comments, everyone! I am working from home today due to icy conditions and am fighting the urge to snack!! So far, so good!
__________________
Rockabillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #186
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 906

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/187/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default

How many Augusters do we still have here? Check in so we do not disappear and lose each other.
__________________


schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:45 AM   #187
IP start date 8/1/2013
 
nolasmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Orleans,La
Posts: 669

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Default

Morning all! Took the weekend off since it's my daughters bday on Monday. She'll be 17! Gah! My baby is all grown up.

She had to take the SAT test this morning so I'm relaxing and trying to grab some sunshine. Lol the cat both dogs an I are crammed into the one window of the house that's getting the sunshine .

So when my boss joined our team in OCT he was close to 400lbs. After the holidays he overheard my co-worker and I talking about IP and our success. He asked a lot of questions and did some research now he's doing IP. He's doing great too! I think he said he's down around 10lbs in the first week. We're doing a biggest loser at work starting next week and we've decided our team is gonna win. Lol!
__________________
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:51 AM   #188
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25
 
ReenHag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland, U.S.A.
Posts: 376

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
How many Augusters do we still have here? Check in so we do not disappear and lose each other.
Still here! Truckin' along...


Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Morning all! Took the weekend off since it's my daughters bday on Monday. She'll be 17! Gah! My baby is all grown up.

She had to take the SAT test this morning so I'm relaxing and trying to grab some sunshine. Lol the cat both dogs an I are crammed into the one window of the house that's getting the sunshine .

So when my boss joined our team in OCT he was close to 400lbs. After the holidays he overheard my co-worker and I talking about IP and our success. He asked a lot of questions and did some research now he's doing IP. He's doing great too! I think he said he's down around 10lbs in the first week. We're doing a biggest loser at work starting next week and we've decided our team is gonna win. Lol!
Wow, it's great that your boss has joined. Good for him! Enjoy your BL contest! We did that a few years back, and my boss won (the only man in the group). We teased him about having rolls of quarters in his pockets at the first weigh-in. LOL

Enjoy your time with DD and hope she has a great b-day! Also hope she does well on the SAT. We're getting ready to celebrate my daughter's 21st in March. It definitely goes by too fast!

~Renee
__________________
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #189
Senior Member
 
lighthouse101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 263

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
How many Augusters do we still have here? Check in so we do not disappear and lose each other.
Still here! Hoping to reach goal and get to maintenance in the next 3-4 months or so!
__________________


lighthouse101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:16 PM   #190
Started IP August 14 2013
 
vachinyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 337

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Default

Hi all: still here ...almost at my new goal. thinking I will be moving to Phase 2 in February.

Brrr, it's cold and ever since IP, I'm freezing anyway (which is a total change - most of my life I've been too warm. With or without added fat padding)

Have a great weekend!

KareVT...are you out there?
__________________
CURRENTLY IN MAINTENANCE since March 2014
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:19 AM   #191
Started IP 8/22/13
 
Rockabillygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 77

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Happy Sunday morning!

I have questions for those of you who are experiencing hair loss. For quite awhile I've been kind of in denial that I could be experiencing it -- my hair is very thick and coarse and is currently the longest it's been in my life, so it seems normal that I'm going to make spectacular "drain rats"! But now I'm paranoid that maybe it's more than that . . . I honestly don't know if I'm imagining it! When you lose hair, is it all over or in patches? Are certain areas more prone to hair loss? I'm imagining (or not!) that the front of my hair on top is thinning. I've always had kind of a receding hairline on the sides of the top.

I'm not sure if I should continue my current state of denial until I'm bald (just kidding) or what. If I am losing hair due to IP, I've still got months to go so that's kind of upsetting.

I'm also wondering if seeking the help of my hair dresser might be more beneficial than going to the doctor!
__________________
Rockabillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #192
IP start date 8/1/2013
 
nolasmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Orleans,La
Posts: 669

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Default

I've noticed an uptick in General shedding. I don't notice any bald patches. Quite frankly I'm terrified by how thin my hair is. I am taking biotin but not sure what to do. I'm so close to goal I don't want to phase off. Any tips would be wonderful
__________________
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #193
Started IP 8/22/13
 
Rockabillygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 77

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

I did a search on here for "hair loss" and found some good info. While it doesn't help with NOW, it is reassuring to know it is temporary.
__________________
Rockabillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:50 AM   #194
Senior Member
 
lighthouse101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 263

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
Happy Sunday morning!

I have questions for those of you who are experiencing hair loss. For quite awhile I've been kind of in denial that I could be experiencing it -- my hair is very thick and coarse and is currently the longest it's been in my life, so it seems normal that I'm going to make spectacular "drain rats"! But now I'm paranoid that maybe it's more than that . . . I honestly don't know if I'm imagining it! When you lose hair, is it all over or in patches? Are certain areas more prone to hair loss? I'm imagining (or not!) that the front of my hair on top is thinning. I've always had kind of a receding hairline on the sides of the top.

I'm not sure if I should continue my current state of denial until I'm bald (just kidding) or what. If I am losing hair due to IP, I've still got months to go so that's kind of upsetting.

I'm also wondering if seeking the help of my hair dresser might be more beneficial than going to the doctor!
Mine has been a general thinning as well. Luckily my hair was thick to start with so it's not noticeable to anyone but me right now. I'm going to stick with IP for a few more months to try to get as close to goal as possible and hope I don't get any bald patches in the process! It will take a few months for the new hair to grow back regardless, from what I hear. I just wish the grays would fall out instead of my nice brown hairs.
__________________


lighthouse101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:47 PM   #195
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 906

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/187/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Pay it forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post

So when my boss joined our team in OCT he was close to 400lbs. After the holidays he overheard my co-worker and I talking about IP and our success. He asked a lot of questions and did some research now he's doing IP. He's doing great too! I think he said he's down around 10lbs in the first week. We're doing a biggest loser at work starting next week and we've decided our team is gonna win. Lol!
Nolasmurf - how wonderful that you provided the inspiration for your boss. I think one of the great things about this site is that the veterans can help the newbies and it is all being 'paid forward'.

When I get to goal. I hope that I can do that as well although I do not think that I will ever approach the good of 65X65 or Lisa.
__________________


schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who started August 2013? Part II :) slownsteady Ideal Protein Diet 504 11-19-2013 08:11 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:49 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2