3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Is this for real??? Garlic & Herb Chips are unrestricted? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289888-real-garlic-herb-chips-unrestricted.html)

Momma 3 Girls 11-19-2013 01:42 PM

Is this for real??? Garlic & Herb Chips are unrestricted?

My coach told me the IP Garlic & Herb Chips are UNrestricted. This just doesn't sound right to me. Can anyone confirm?

IdealProteinNewbie 11-19-2013 01:46 PM

That is correct, they are non-restricted.

ems70508 11-19-2013 02:02 PM

that is correct. Currently eating them at my desk! Pack a toothbrush though, these suckers are STRONG!

Maxxy 11-19-2013 03:08 PM

unrestricted and soooo satisfying

Wahoofan 11-19-2013 04:43 PM

I found that as chips I hated these (way too strongly flavored), but they make an excellent breading for chicken. I grind them to a powder in my magic bullet and roll nugget-sized pieces of chicken in it. They get a little crispy and have a really nice flavor. I use half a package of chips per chicken breast.

44forever 11-19-2013 05:24 PM

I will try them as a coating on meat, but I'm with you Wahoofan....blah!! I like just about every drink, soup, snack........but I cannot even stomach the garlic chips.

I took 4 on my first week and had to bring back 2 of them because I literally could not get them down. Funny how everyone has a different palet for food.

GettinHealthyNow 11-19-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44forever (Post 4886467)
I took 4 on my first week and had to bring back 2 of them because I literally could not get them down. Funny how everyone has a different palet for food.

So true! I LOVE these new chips - and my breath proves it! But the broccoli cheese soup? YUCK.

Beautsmc 11-19-2013 06:12 PM

My coach INSISTS that these are restricted. I give up on arguing with her!! AND she will only let me have 4 a week!!!!!

Momma 3 Girls 11-19-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wahoofan (Post 4886444)
I found that as chips I hated these (way too strongly flavored), but they make an excellent breading for chicken. I grind them to a powder in my magic bullet and roll nugget-sized pieces of chicken in it. They get a little crispy and have a really nice flavor. I use half a package of chips per chicken breast.

Thank you, I will try the breading idea!

JLUS 11-19-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautsmc (Post 4886504)
My coach INSISTS that these are restricted. I give up on arguing with her!! AND she will only let me have 4 a week!!!!!

Even IF they are restricted you can still have one restricted per day... Your coach doesn't sound like she agrees with/follows IP herself!!

slownsteady 11-19-2013 09:47 PM

Nope - NOT restricted. And Oh, SO yummy!!!

I can do anything 11-19-2013 10:08 PM

I love them, but they took a little getting used to. I think they taste like crispy garlic bread

locks 11-19-2013 11:04 PM

I love them but can't eat too many at one time....so if i have the munchies i grab two or three, then chug some water....they would be great with some sugar less salsa for once a week.......something i bit different. Very strong flavour but nice of IP to give us the chip feeling............we could always toss some of our own taco spices...for a change..

Shannonmeows 11-25-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautsmc (Post 4886504)

If your coach won't sell you an item that EVERYONE knows is non-restricted, go to another clinic & buy it! We bought into a membership with ideal protein & wherever you may be, you CAN buy IP products, as long as you are on or have done the diet. I've asked over & over myself if they were restricted because I LOVE these chips, and they are NOT restricted. If my coach worked against me, I'd QUICKLY find another one. You want one who is supportive, has been on the diet (not just long enough to "say") they have done the diet either!!) For some, it's just a job, they are already employed by the clinic as something. For others like myself, we LOVE this diet & have found success on it & so happily want to help others with it too!! Those are the best coaches out there!

lilkel244 11-25-2013 12:23 PM

I wish IP would make these in "plain" chip flavor. I think they would taste like the pop chips or something.