Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Hi Maintainers, I saw this on FB and thought it would be a great recipe for maintenance. Looks very yummy and nutritious
http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1456694_618391698222343_463873436_n.jpg (25.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-13-2014, 05:42 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
Hi Maintainers, I saw this on FB and thought it would be a great recipe for maintenance. Looks very yummy and nutritious
These are rather high in carbs for me...I think anyone who needs to monitor carbs in maintenance might not find this a good option. A lot of us on here are going to be paying a lot of attention to carbs in maintenance and forward so as NOT to end up back at square 1 again. Probably a great thing for kids and teens that do not have a weight issue dogging them tho' ...they do look scrumptious... but for me, I'd go cautiously!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

but aren't these oats good carbs? the Chai Seeds are rich in Omega 3's and the Greek yogurt high in protein, just thought it sounded healthy, not so much high in carbs, but I could see what you're saying for those who are carb sensitive.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
These are rather high in carbs for me...I think anyone who needs to monitor carbs in maintenance might not find this a good option. A lot of us on here are going to be paying a lot of attention to carbs in maintenance and forward so as NOT to end up back at square 1 again. Probably a great thing for kids and teens that do not have a weight issue dogging them tho' ...they do look scrumptious... but for me, I'd go cautiously!
Just curious since I will probably be looking at maintenance by March, how many carbs a day do you tolerate without gaining?
Old 01-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #155  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
but aren't these oats good carbs? the Chai Seeds are rich in Omega 3's and the Greek yogurt high in protein, just thought it sounded healthy, not so much high in carbs, but I could see what you're saying for those who are carb sensitive.
They do look yummy. But that would pretty much put me at my carb limit
for the entire day. Also doing paleo for maintnence I don't do grains or dairy.
My DH might like these for a healthier desert.

Enjoy if your not carb/sugar sensitive!

D
Old 01-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #156  

Quote:
With some modifications, might be workable for P3 breakfasts
The carbs are kind've high for the low calories. But it might be something to play with (no added sugar, use full fat milk instead of skim, & full fat yogurt, etc)
Old 01-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I would halve the oats and use unsweetened almond milk (30 Cals per cup and 0 sugar) and stick to berries or half the banana etc. I'd also add a scoop of protein powder or an egg (most likely and egg as I love my eggs)

I saved this on Facebook and might be tempted one day. Currently still love my original P3 brekkie and have a hard time eating something else. Would most definately use this for brekkie.

Last edited by Ishbel; 01-13-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:52 PM   #158  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Isabel,

How are you feeling? Is that little one active in that belly?
Just held a little one the other day, my kids first babysitters son, can't
believe she's a Mom now. She had a boy after 2 invetro tries, a miracle
for sure! So sweet!

Hope all is well,

D
Old 01-14-2014, 07:55 AM   #159  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Lizzy63: I was so sorry to hear about your back ailments. I hope your PT can help. That is hard.
Lisa32: I hope your PT is helping your back as well. I pulled my sciatica a few weeks ago and PT really helped. Like you I think I need to do daily exercises for the rest of my life.

Sunflower40: I like the idea of a quick pre made breakfast. It sounds good. I would also cut carbs with the almond milk. Oatmeal is good! Sometimes I make an oatmeal pancake with 1/2 c oatmeal, splenda, baking powder and 5 egg whites. It reminds me of the P1 crispy Cereal Pancakes.

Ishbel: I hope you are continuing to feel well!

I have read the book on www.fatloser.com. He also has free videos that are good. It is a tough no excuse approach to weight loss. This can be helpful if you are feeling complacent!
Old 01-14-2014, 08:21 AM   #160  

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Just curious since I will probably be looking at maintenance by March, how many carbs a day do you tolerate without gaining?

For the most part I do P-2-eating with a modified P3 breakfast. If I have whole eggs I do a salad with 1 or 2 poached eggs for breakfast. Berries and nuts and the higher carb veggies are exceptions that I added during early December. With Christmas I had some GF cookies...chocolate and wine and immediately put on 6 pounds! I've been on a modified P1-2 since Jan 1 and have lost 4.5 of that already so know for sure, I'm incredibly carb sensitive. Once getting to where there is rebound room...I will be very careful.

At my height...my BMR does not allow a lot of calories/day. Under 1200! That means if I use 25% of my calories and close to 100% of my carb intake at breakfast....it's going to be a long day. I had oatmeal 2X during that few months and did not find it was enough to keep me satisfied the rest of the day on what was left in my calorie/carb bank. Now I believe somewhere between 40-50 carbs is my maintenace limit with the expectation that as I approach 50-60 carbs for the day I will see gain. More analysis of that in the spring once retrying with out the sidetrack of holiday parties and a few special treats. ( Bless my brother and my son in law). My extra carbs will come from OCCASIONAL starch...but mostly the higher glycemic veggies which are not part of the list for P1&2. Carrots in my salad...beets, eggplant, avacados and artichokes, beans in my chili and tomatoes...esp this coming summer and my heirloom tomatoes start gracing the table every day.

We each have to find our way with this. I advocate going slow...and paying attention to the BMR that belongs to you. Age and your height are going to be major factors. My maintenance intake is not a whole lot above the IP daily. I'm going to cherish those additional 250-300 calories...and be jealous of you ladies who are 6-8 inches taller than me! But I've made my peace with it. I love my collar bones, my hip bones and being able to sprint to the baggage claim at O'Hare and Atlanta. And looking forward to a lot of travel in the next few years where I can hike, bike walk , eat carefully...sometimes just a taste...and enjoy life.

Sorry this is so long..but thought how I am doing it is something to share, esp with the smaller frame ladies. Most of the literature on maintenance does not address that factor deeply enough...(and it does no good to feel cheated.) You're only chance is going to be growing wider if you do not consider your height a MAJOR maintenance component.....the tall thing is not going to happen.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:25 AM   #161  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRegan View Post
They do look yummy. But that would pretty much put me at my carb limit
for the entire day. Also doing paleo for maintnence I don't do grains or dairy.
My DH might like these for a healthier desert.

Enjoy if your not carb/sugar sensitive!

D
I'm with you...and believe our vertical metrics...challenge desire for acceptable horizontal reality!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:03 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Let me clarify my post. I would eat a hard boiled egg with that yogurt not add it to the mix LOL

drd1961 It's important that you take it slow and track it for a while so you know what YOUR body reacts to. I can eat things that others on here can't and I can't eat some of the things they can. During my year of tracking I noticed wine didn't help me at all. I used/use my net diary (still track my weight), some people use myfitnesspal. I spent a year tracking and stopped at the end of May and since then have gained confidence in my choices long term.

DRegan Yes there is movement, for sure at 17 weeks but now I know it was before that. VIP laughs at me as I'll have my fruit and say "ok, wake up now" he usually says "let her/him rest!" and I say "well, she/he won't let us rest when he/she's born!" He hasn't felt her yet when his hand has been right on the movement so I think it's just a matter of time.

maile I'm tired this week...this past 10 days I've been in bed before 9:00 and sometimes at 7:30. Must be growing something Course, could be all the finishing of the renovations in my house. Spent the last couple of days/nights painting the basement. Carpet is installed this week and picking out the bathroom fixtures this weekend. Getting excited. I'm not doing too well with the walking this week but still managing 2-3 times plus my yoga. I had been eyeing up a yoga bolster for years but kept thinking "nah, use a pillow" then the yoga instructor showed us child pose massage that we could teach our hubby. My eyes went wide and I thought "and SOLD!" and bought one that night. HA!

Last edited by Ishbel; 01-14-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
For the most part I do P-2-eating with a modified P3 breakfast. If I have whole eggs I do a salad with 1 or 2 poached eggs for breakfast. Berries and nuts and the higher carb veggies are exceptions that I added during early December. With Christmas I had some GF cookies...chocolate and wine and immediately put on 6 pounds! I've been on a modified P1-2 since Jan 1 and have lost 4.5 of that already so know for sure, I'm incredibly carb sensitive. Once getting to where there is rebound room...I will be very careful.

At my height...my BMR does not allow a lot of calories/day. Under 1200! That means if I use 25% of my calories and close to 100% of my carb intake at breakfast....it's going to be a long day. I had oatmeal 2X during that few months and did not find it was enough to keep me satisfied the rest of the day on what was left in my calorie/carb bank. Now I believe somewhere between 40-50 carbs is my maintenace limit with the expectation that as I approach 50-60 carbs for the day I will see gain. More analysis of that in the spring once retrying with out the sidetrack of holiday parties and a few special treats. ( Bless my brother and my son in law). My extra carbs will come from OCCASIONAL starch...but mostly the higher glycemic veggies which are not part of the list for P1&2. Carrots in my salad...beets, eggplant, avacados and artichokes, beans in my chili and tomatoes...esp this coming summer and my heirloom tomatoes start gracing the table every day.

We each have to find our way with this. I advocate going slow...and paying attention to the BMR that belongs to you. Age and your height are going to be major factors. My maintenance intake is not a whole lot above the IP daily. I'm going to cherish those additional 250-300 calories...and be jealous of you ladies who are 6-8 inches taller than me! But I've made my peace with it. I love my collar bones, my hip bones and being able to sprint to the baggage claim at O'Hare and Atlanta. And looking forward to a lot of travel in the next few years where I can hike, bike walk , eat carefully...sometimes just a taste...and enjoy life.

Sorry this is so long..but thought how I am doing it is something to share, esp with the smaller frame ladies. Most of the literature on maintenance does not address that factor deeply enough...(and it does no good to feel cheated.) You're only chance is going to be growing wider if you do not consider your height a MAJOR maintenance component.....the tall thing is not going to happen.
Thanks, this is interesting. I love how I feel on low-carb, but I actually do not feel all that carb sensitive. I have been tracking my carbs in myfitnesspal and find my average net is about 40 a day and I am losing great on that. It gives me hope that I will have wiggle room for HEALTHY carbs when I move to maintenance. I have a very, very muscular frame and even at 52 seem to be able to maintain that frame, so perhaps that helps. I have also been reviewing the Paleo diet. Seems like a healthy way to maintain.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:07 AM   #164  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:

Too true, everything you wrote applies to me in spades, except that I gained 12 lbs. Thanks for putting it all so succinctly, as you always do.

Last edited by mars735; 01-14-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #165  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello all. Hope everyone is doing well. So, I am curious. People are mentioning carb limits and such - can anyone provide more specifics? My coach said I could do 2000 calories per day on a non-workout day, 2300 on a workout day. I haven't been following this, and been keeping net calories around 1250-1300. I am curious about the carb limits though. Any information would be great!
Closed Thread