3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 13 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289884-maintainers-vol-13-a.html)

dak1lls 12-20-2013 02:24 PM

Just a quick hello and then I'm off to bed. I have been working all week loading trucks, as it is "all hands on deck". We are so backed up with delivery volume due to the weather that all departments have been called into operations. I just got back home after a week away helping in another city. I worked from 2am to 9am loading trucks every day. Wow, I am too old for this. It brought back lots of memories from when I was starting out 26 years ago. I am going to be 50 next year for heaven's sake. I have so many bruises I look like a map of the world! lol.

So, all week away I have been eating like a little piggie! I was so hungry after loading each night that I fueled up pretty well. ha ha. I am curious, fearful, anxious, etc...to see what the scale says on Monday. At this point, I decided it was better to be well fed so I could maintain some energy. However, well fed and gluttony are two completely different things. :D

If I don't get a chance to check in again before Christmas, I want to wish everyone a wonderful holiday.

Oh, and it is a balmy minus 11 right now. :brr:

DRegan 12-20-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak1lls (Post 4903082)
Just a quick hello and then I'm off to bed. I have been working all week loading trucks, as it is "all hands on deck". We are so backed up with delivery volume due to the weather that all departments have been called into operations. I just got back home after a week away helping in another city. I worked from 2am to 9am loading trucks every day. Wow, I am too old for this. It brought back lots of memories from when I was starting out 26 years ago. I am going to be 50 next year for heaven's sake. I have so many bruises I look like a map of the world! lol.

So, all week away I have been eating like a little piggie! I was so hungry after loading each night that I fueled up pretty well. ha ha. I am curious, fearful, anxious, etc...to see what the scale says on Monday. At this point, I decided it was better to be well fed so I could maintain some energy. However, well fed and gluttony are two completely different things. :D

If I don't get a chance to check in again before Christmas, I want to wish everyone a wonderful holiday.

Oh, and it is a balmy minus 11 right now. :brr:

Chilly for sure!!!
We're getting rain all weekend, there goes
our white Christmas!!
I'm sure you needed the fuel to do all
that hard work!! We'll all get thru this
Holiday week, and then move on!
I know I feel & look so much better than last year!! Lol!
Have a great holiday!
Ho Ho Ho!!!! ;)

D:)

Maile 12-21-2013 08:52 AM

Maxxy: Your maintenance is going well. That is a good weigh in. You can do it.

Dak1ll: Your job sounds exhausting. Good luck on making it through this stressful week. Plus your weather is so cold!

DRegan: We have rain also, but there is snow on the mountains. That is an accomplishment that you feel and look better than last year. You are going to enjoy this season.

I am house cleaning for the arrival of my son. I plan to eat lightly for the next few days to get on the low end of my range before Christmas.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

Maile 12-22-2013 08:57 AM

Down a pound. I am working on another one.

bubbleblower 12-24-2013 06:30 AM

Hi everyone! Just wanted to stop in and say a quick hello! It's good to see everyone here, along with a few new people.

I've been getting ready for Christmas and actually made cookies (gluten free of course! :D ) for a big cookie exchange at a neighbor's. Since I can't eat any other than the ones I made (and I gave those away), my DH has been getting his quota of sugar lately!

I'm still trying to be good about exercising although I have had to cancel a few classes in order to go to parties instead. :o My weight is holding steady and I'm thankful in a way that I've had to go GF. It's definitely made it easier to maintain by simplifying my choices and reducing the carb choices.

Our temps are still in the mid-80s although they say a 'cool front' is coming, with temps dipping all the way down to the mid-70s. ;) I can't say that I'm missing cold or snow. We went to VA earlier this month and had our fill of sleet and ice.

Hope everyone is doing great, and 2014 gets off to a great start!

lisa32989 12-24-2013 07:37 AM

Hi bubbleblower! Nice to see you
I'm in FL for the Christmas holiday but I'll be heading to CA for New Years.
We're going to the Rose Parade and the rose Bowl.

I realized yesterday I didn't have many veggies so snacked on some celery at nite. I just feel different when that happens now and I'll plan better so it won't happen again.

I need to make sue we have enough lettuce for the next couple of days and for company tomorrow. May need to get some more (ugh..shopping today :( )
The friends I'm visiting don't menu plan very well without some prodding but also get a little ruffled when I try to do it so it's a careful balance.

FitMom02 12-24-2013 11:43 PM

Merry Christmas!! I hope everyone has a very special holiday with family & friends!

Bubbleblower & Lisa...those warm temps sound delightful!! It's been single digits here. And being thinner now...I feel the chill!

Well, tomorrow is my last P2 day. So I get my 1st Phase 3 breakfast on Thursday...I am so looking forward to it! I look to have lost about 2.5 lbs in P2.

Merry Christmas to all!!:hug:

Maile 12-25-2013 09:26 AM

Bubbleblower: These holiday events can interfere with exercise. We have to drive to get my son and I am trying too figure out a way to get a walk in.

Lisa: I envy you going to the Rose Bowl. My husband loved it. I hope you figure out a healthy meal plan with your guests. It does get touchy. I am heading to a lunch at my inlaws and know it will not be a health one.

Fitmom:Phase 3 breakfasts are my favorite meal! Nice job on losing 2.5 pounds on P2.

Merry Christmas everyone.

FitMom02 12-25-2013 09:22 PM

Maile...hope lunch went well today at your in-laws. I did survive my dinner...I just feel odd packing my own separate meal...but I did.

Here is my breakfast tomorrow. Please Let me know if you all see anything wrong with it...thanks sooo much! :)

6oz Greek yogurt with 1 cup strawberries, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 Ezekiel English muffin with 1 TBLSP peanut butter. This looks huge!

Total Cals = 491, total fat= 14.8, total carbs = 52.3, total protein= 37.8.
Carbs from grain= 30...24 net carbs...is this ok? Do we count total carb or net carbs? Does my fat seem too high?

Cynaria 12-25-2013 10:06 PM

Fit mom. As long as today is not a fun day your plan for breakfast tomorrow is my typical favorite. Enjoy.

FitMom02 12-25-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynaria (Post 4904898)
Fit mom. As long as today is not a fun day your plan for breakfast tomorrow is my typical favorite. Enjoy.

Thanks!! I'm really looking forward to it! Do we count net carbs or total carbs?

bubbleblower 12-26-2013 07:58 AM

Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I can't believe another year is winding down. It was funny to go to an annual Christmas party at a scuba shop here a couple of weeks ago and realize that I was 4 sizes bigger and a lot heavier last year at the event. At that time I was just a week or so into IP.

Fitmom: I'm not actually counting carbs or calories. I just usually limit my carbs to half of a bagel and fruit in the morning, a Quest protein bar in the afternoon, and get the rest from veggies. Sometimes I'll have a few GF crackers in the afternoon or some almonds.

Lisa: It's been a little chilly here the last few days, but certainly nothing like the rest of the country! My husband laughs at me when I put on socks and a sweatshirt, but I definitely get colder than I used to. It's been nice to be able to open up the windows and let the fresh air in. Have fun on the rest of your trip!

Maile: I have a spin/yoga class (half hour of spin/half hour of yoga) tonight to burn off some of the calories from yesterday. I wasn't too bad, but my DH made a decadently delicious New Zealand lamb roast infused with garlic and wrapped in bacon on the grill. It was yummy!

It's funny how so many of us seem to get so anxious about gaining all the weight back overnight. Logically, we know it's not possible but we still seem to think the loss is temporary and fragile. I hope that goes away eventually!

lisa32989 12-26-2013 08:12 AM

Bubbleblower: chilly is a relative term
We left 20-something degree weather to come to FL.
I think we can live with 70s. The humidity is really "up there" this trip.
I feel bloated today. P1 it is!

bubbleblower 12-26-2013 08:37 AM

Yep, chilly is definitely relative! It's amazing how quickly I've acclimated to the climate here. Even this summer didn't feel bad compared to VA, and at least the skies are usually blue vs. grey haze.

masenki 12-27-2013 06:30 PM

Dear Maintainers - do you feel hunger when out of ketosis? Im getting closer to my goal and getting all nervous about P2/P3. Im worry about getting cravings and being hungry.
I start reading Paleo books to understand what is my next move id going to be (after phasing off properly from IP). Anyone here have good experience w Paleo?