Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #451  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Nice app. Thanks for sharing.

I am enjoying being in Seattle with my son. Lots of walking up hills for my tracker!
Old 03-25-2014, 05:37 PM   #452  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Maile, Enjoy your time in lovely Seattle with your son!

Today is my two-week mark of my reboot. I'm down 7 pounds, which is wonderful to me. I'm doing well on P1 and have another few weeks to go to get to where I want to be. I need to lose another 7 pounds, then I'll be there.

Have a lovely day, everyone!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Maile, Enjoy your time in lovely Seattle with your son!

Today is my two-week mark of my reboot. I'm down 7 pounds, which is wonderful to me. I'm doing well on P1 and have another few weeks to go to get to where I want to be. I need to lose another 7 pounds, then I'll be there.

Have a lovely day, everyone!
Way to go joysh! You are doing great! Its encouraging to see someone successful once again on the plan. It makes me realize that even if I gain a few lbs, I can just go back on plan and it'll come off again. So far maintenance is going great.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #454  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, Hawaii! You are doing great! Yes, we are lucky to have these tools!
Old 03-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! Love that weight graph - it appeals to my visual brain.

Hope everyone's doing well. DH and I have decided to do a few weeks of the slow carb plan to help us take off a few more lbs. It's remarkably similar to IP which I really like and can get behind, but it gives me the carbs I need to run while still allowing me to lose at the same time. Win win, in our books!

Now if spring would actually show up it would be a lot nicer to go out for those runs!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #456  

Hey everyone. Been off the boards..caught a horrendous cold and have been battling that since late last week.

Thank you for all the advice. It really is a science experiment...watching how things impact me in a day or two and tracking them. What I suppose I have noticed the most was that when I went up 4 lbs my pants didn't necessarily feel any tighter so that being said, I know its water. I just hate to see those darn numbers. As for not weighing everyday, I wish I could. I just have found myself in the past getting too far off plan when I don't have something to keep me accountable. I actually need to see the daily fluctuations to keep me moving in the right direction and doing a phase 1 day here and there if necessary. It's not that they completely wig me out but rather shock me to get my butt moving again which is good.

Joysh congrats on two weeks! You are doing amazing.

I hope you all are well. Its finally feeling like spring here in Denver with a high of 66 today. Warm weather feels so good and I am looking forward to summer clothes and flip flops!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:41 AM   #457  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Eandc: I am a daily weigher also. In my past, when I ignored the scale, I would also ignore my weight gain. Hope your cold is better. They can take awhile to get better!

Ipdivajen: Hope your low carb plan is working for you and your husband. I also hope that you Canadians get some warm weather! Spring has got to get here.

Joysh: That is great that you lost 7 pounds! I know the next 7 will be following. I am happy to be 3 pounds down. I think all of those hills in Seattle did the trick, I love that city.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:42 AM   #458  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
I am happy to be 3 pounds down. I think all of those hills in Seattle did the trick, I love that city.
Maile, that made me chuckle; most people (me included) would say they don't like the hills. Great that you got 3 lbs off. I'll look at the hills of SF with a new perspective.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:02 PM   #459  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Maile, that made me chuckle; most people (me included) would say they don't like the hills. Great that you got 3 lbs off. I'll look at the hills of SF with a new perspective.
SF... one of my fave cities in the US - so walkable for its size. I live on a single rural road winding through a valley toward town, so all my walks/bike rides are flat from N to S, but extremely hilly from E to W. I get my choice depending on how I feel that day lol.
Liana
Old 03-27-2014, 03:16 PM   #460  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
SF... one of my fave cities in the US - so walkable for its size. I live on a single rural road winding through a valley toward town, so all my walks/bike rides are flat from N to S, but extremely hilly from E to W. I get my choice depending on how I feel that day lol.
Liana
canadjineh: It sounds beautiful where you are. Really nice to have that ability to choose flat vs more challenging. Do you have a favorite destination, like a coffee stop or bokstore?
I admit I invoke the "too many hills" excuse a lot! Lately I've been using stairs instead of elevators to get some sort of exercise in no matter what. It's getting easier, so maybe it's time to bump up to a hilly walk.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:36 AM   #461  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

I'm about to enter the world of Maintenance. Phasing off for a while. Have never done the Maintenance phase. if I can do it successfully it will prove this is real for me. Wow this chain has been going on a long time!!! I'm going to be planning my breakfast soon on the chart. What are some go to breakfasts for phase 3 and then carried into maintenance, that you guys have?

Last edited by kcdoe; 03-28-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:21 AM   #462  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

My go to breakfast on maintenance is a poached egg on squirrely bread or a chocolate protein shake from Costco, frozen blueberries, strawberries and sometimes fresh spinach thrown it. I feel satisfied after having both for awhile.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #463  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

I eat 2 low fat whole grain waffles with light butter and WF pancake syrup, a non fat plain Greek yogurt with fruit and 2-4 turkey sausages often. It is so big and Yummy!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:34 AM   #464  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
My go to breakfast on maintenance is a poached egg on squirrely bread or a chocolate protein shake from Costco, frozen blueberries, strawberries and sometimes fresh spinach thrown it. I feel satisfied after having both for awhile.
Do you eat only those two? I have to look up squirrely bread, I've never heard of it. Love Poached eggs, wonder if I could find an eggs benedict recipe within requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliehel View Post
I eat 2 low fat whole grain waffles with light butter and WF pancake syrup, a non fat plain Greek yogurt with fruit and 2-4 turkey sausages often. It is so big and Yummy!
yummm this sounds like me love turkey sausage and bacon. this is a lot of food, do you eat it all at once or spread it throughout the morning?
Does starting with a breakfast this big make you hungry throughout the day?
lots of questions about maintenance
Old 03-29-2014, 03:20 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
canadjineh: It sounds beautiful where you are. Really nice to have that ability to choose flat vs more challenging. Do you have a favorite destination, like a coffee stop or bokstore?
I admit I invoke the "too many hills" excuse a lot! Lately I've been using stairs instead of elevators to get some sort of exercise in no matter what. It's getting easier, so maybe it's time to bump up to a hilly walk.
Closest 'destination' is little store/gas station with a table inside and coffee & snacks available. It is a 2.5 k walk (one way) Once there the local public library is across the street in the old schoolhouse and there is an newer elementary school just behind it. Seniors' Centre is just up a side road there and they sponsor an all you can eat pancake, ham & egg with coffee & juice breaky once a month to raise funds. Between my place and there, are just rural homes, fields with livestock & market gardens.

In the other direction is another 2 k walk (one way) to the local park which has a riding ring, fields, pit toilets and is the start of the forestry road network running up the sides of the mountains and along the benches. Once you are there it is another 2k steep hike uphill before it levels out in wonderful views over the valley. Need to watch for bear and cougar at certain times of the year though. Coyotes and deer in the valley occasionally.

We are 20 km from town (17,000) proper - fine for a longer bike ride though.
Liana
Closed Thread