Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:49 PM   #421  

Height: 5'4"

Ishbel, I don't know if you remember me but I have been on and off this site for a couple of years. Maintaining with an up and down 10 pounds depending on my exercise and food planning. I always lurk to keep myself on track. Your post really spoke to me. I also had gestational diabetes with my first born and I remember those crazy numbers of carbs they wanted me to comply with. I believe it was 30 for breakfast, and each snack and 60 for lunches and dinners! yikes! I also had an overweight nutritionist that i felt looked down on me for being heavy at the time. I had a pretty big meltdown with my mother and she helped me do what was right for me. I remember eating higher protein meals and lots of veggies. I ate my fruits with my lunchtime meal and chicken or fish for my evening meal with lots of veggies again. I ended up gaining 17 pounds with my pregnancy doing it MY way not the nutritionist's way. We know our bodies and what works for us. Sorry if I am rambling nonsense but I feel your frustration... Congrats on your baby. ENJOY every moment of your pregnancy as it will be over before you know it.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #422  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hgamroth, good to see you!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #423  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hgamroth, good to see you!
Good to see you too! I often lurk but I do not have much time to reply.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:43 PM   #424  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone. Popping in to say hi. Hope you're all doing well!
Old 03-14-2014, 09:42 AM   #425  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hgamroth Yup, I remember you lol, my 'fundal' height is where it's suppose to be so if someone says anything again about my weight I might make them lighter by snapping back and making them pee their pants (if my fundal height is where it's suppose to be then I'm gaining the right weight for me). (not sure if it's obvious I'm a little mouthy normally but make me hormonal and I'm WAY more mouthy). I reviewed my numbers with the dietican and she was surprised at how good they are and suggested a meal plan for me with 175 grams of carbs from starches alone. I just said "thank you" and adding in as I need. In maintenance I wouldn't necessarily have grapes because they are full of sugar but I have to admit that I'm enjoying grapes at night so that my sugars are normal in the morning. ! Trying to keep positive here, it's just another hoop my body is making me learn. I'm quite positive it will throw another curve ball at me in menopause.

IPdiva :Wave:

Last edited by Ishbel; 03-14-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #426  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Hi everyone! I've lurked a bit lately, but have been really busy with work and just enjoying living in our new community and meeting new neighbors. At this point I feel like I've permanently adjusted my eating habits and don't overdue on chips or sweets like I used to. It's funny how little willpower it takes once you eliminate stuff like that from your diet.

My son's wedding is coming up and I had no idea what size dress to order, so I ordered 3! Hopefully one of them will fit! I haven't bought anything but shorts and pants since losing the weight, other than some long dresses from Chico's (and their sizing is very generous).

Ishbel, I can totally relate to what you've said and how you feel. I know my body is different than lots of folks. Stick to your guns like you have been. You know you're body better than anyone else!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!
Old 03-16-2014, 09:41 AM   #427  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Ishbel: Good for you standing up to the medical profession. Thank goodness for your GP. You know that as a POW..previously overweight person that your metabolism is different. Your careful monitoring of your blood sugar was working. I am glad you are back to controlling your eating. Plus your numbers are normal in the mornings! I have had friends who have had GD and lost it as soon as they had the baby. Hang in there. I think you are doing very well with all of the pressure you have been under. We are almost to the end of March, then April and May is almost here. Sending warm hugs to you.
You might be interested in a book I have ordered, called the Rosedale Diet. He really goes into glucose levels and definitely calls some starches as safe vs unsafe. Interesting that he recommends cutting back on protein and using fats to counteract high glucose.

Bubbleblower: The wedding sounds exciting. That is too cute that you don't know what size you wear. Hope you find a nice dress. I like Chico's also.

Hgamroth: Nice to hear from you. Your maintenance is going well.

IPdivagen: Getting muscle and water retention could be factors. Also, is it possible that your body is used to your exercise and could need a cross training?
That is an amazing calorie burn. How are your clothes fitting?

I have increased my exercise and feel more energetic. I am so happy spring is slowly appearing.

Last edited by Maile; 03-16-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #428  

Hey all. How is everyone. Very quiet around here. I decided, with old coach's permission, on Friday that after 9 days of phase 3 I would move into maintenance. I definitely didn't go over the top but had a few drinks, spaghetti, and a small piece of cheesecake. I did a phase 1 day yesterday and woke up this morning to 130-131. I really think those days are going to be imperative to my success long term this time around.

How is everyone else doing today? It's snowing...AGAIN...in Denver. When will spring ever arrive?
Old 03-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #429  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Hey all. How is everyone. Very quiet around here. I decided, with old coach's permission, on Friday that after 9 days of phase 3 I would move into maintenance. I definitely didn't go over the top but had a few drinks, spaghetti, and a small piece of cheesecake. I did a phase 1 day yesterday and woke up this morning to 130-131. I really think those days are going to be imperative to my success long term this time around.

How is everyone else doing today? It's snowing...AGAIN...in Denver. When will spring ever arrive?
We got about 7 inches yesterday! Bah humbug!

I'm so glad you posted about this. I'm about 1.5 weeks into phase 4/maintenance and i'm still nervous I haven't done a free day yet, more like a free-ish meal where I had two glasses of wine. I didn't do a p1 day after. More like a P3 day with low carbs. It seemed to work. However I know I want to incorporate a free day now and again.

When you do your p1 day after, do you go back to strict p1...IP product for breakfast/lunch and 4 c veggies (only those on the sheet) and 8 oz lean protein?
Old 03-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #430  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I am tried of the snow also. Too bad for you guys in Denver and DC. We just have snow on the mountains..not in town..but it is cold.

Some people use packets and do a strict P1. I don't use packets and cut back and just eat low carb until the up pounds are down.

If P3 worked for you then if it is fine.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:08 PM   #431  

Hey all. I decided today to have beans (a mix of black and refried black) with my grilled chicken at lunch. I am wondering if this will count as my fat or my carb meal for the day since I am now separating the two in maintenance. The refrieds were fat free.

Thanks all. I have been googling this and can't get an answer.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #432  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All!

Eandc, I think it would be carbs, especially if they're fat-free.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I've lost 5 pounds and am back on the road to losing all of my additional pounds. I'm going to stay on P1 until I hit 120 so that I will be exactly where I want to be. It's really different being back on P1. Maintenance is much more difficult.

So sorry you're still getting snow, northern friends. It was chilly yesterday, but today we had a sunny day in the mid-70s. It might be spring...

Happy thoughts to all!
Old 03-19-2014, 07:05 AM   #433  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

When you get to maintenance does the hair come back?
I've always had very thick hair but it's getting scary thin. I have about 20 more lbs to go! Can I get feed back from maintainers. Those of you who lost it, Did it come Back?
Old 03-19-2014, 07:24 AM   #434  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
When you get to maintenance does the hair come back?
I've always had very thick hair but it's getting scary thin. I have about 20 more lbs to go! Can I get feed back from maintainers. Those of you who lost it, Did it come Back?
Mine has been growing back. I have longer hair and now there is all this new growth that's about 2 inches long.

Last edited by dak1lls; 03-19-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #435  
maintaining since 9/2013

mine came back. I can't recall exactly when but i think about 4 months after starting maintenance.
Closed Thread