Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 11:03 PM   #346  

Height: 5'4"

Lisa, I do a lot of those n=1 studies, too.
Have you figured out anything further on your stall?
I was wondering if playing with the macros would help, maybe adding extra oil? Unless you already take Omega-3s (heck, even if you do)...
I think you had noticed that the original Dr Tran diet had 1-2 Tablespoons of oil.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:08 PM   #347  

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoplease View Post
Lisa, I do a lot of those n=1 studies, too.
Have you figured out anything further on your stall?
I was wondering if playing with the macros would help, maybe adding extra oil? Unless you already take Omega-3s (heck, even if you do)...
I think you had noticed that the original Dr Tran diet had 1-2 Tablespoons of oil.
Sigh. I wish it were that easy. Yes, I've read his books and I've tried adding bulletproof coffee in the morning, which increased fat. Stayed stalled whether I drank it or not...
Working on repairing gut health now & then will test adrenal function.
So, for now, I maintain (keep trying p1). But maintaining on p1 says something is wrong. We'll get it figured out...
I have a clear 20 to go. Could actually be closer to 30 but that might have to wait for a future reboot.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-02-2014 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:58 PM   #348  

Lisa I admire your patience, commitment, and knowledge. I know you hear this a lot but you are amazing and so inspiring to me!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:12 AM   #349  
Start 3/8/15

S/C/G: 150/119/120

Height: 5'5"

Wow...some very interesting postings regarding sucralose! Thank you for sharing. I have been so guilty of overdoing the WF products. I wonder if that is why I'm having a difficult time staying away from sweets?!?

I'm in need of some advice...last time I had an issue, some 4 cheat days in a row, I went back to about 5 or 6 days of P1, and felt good again. Well, I went off the deep end now, and it has been 7 1/2 days of seriously eating off plan. For some reason, I start doing a P1 day, but "fall off the wagon" by day's end. Not sure what has come over me. I was 100% OP throughout my IP journey...and now this. I feel really puffy & yucky. I really believe that I will have to cut the cheat day out for good. I did order the Brain Over Binge book...it's supposed to arrive in a day or two.

Do you think that I'll lose this extra weight from the past week quickly? I'm so scared I won't. Regardless, it's time to nip this in the butt. Phase 1 tomorrow for about a month for me. Maybe I don't belong in this thread quite yet...
Old 03-03-2014, 12:51 AM   #350  

FitMom02,
Hey, stick around.
Is it important to lose the up pounds fast?
Could you do a series of p3 or "strict" p4 days (no fun days) instead?
Could you venture to guess how many calories you overate?
Let's pretend it was 1000 a day for 7 days. That would be 2 "real" pounds.
So a target would be to put you 250 in deficit between food & exercise and it might take 4 weeks to get things back down, but it shouldn't be miserable. Foodwise that might mean sticking with the lower cal/lower carb vegetables and keeping them to 4 cups per day, you could still get a p3 breakfast, one fat at lunch, one carb at dinner and a 100 calorie snack, plus maybe 12 oz protein between lunch and dinner. Then, whatever might burn 100 calories. It isn't exact, of course, and it won't be linear.

Other choice is to really do p1 and stick to it. It could go either way. I found it came off fast but I was miserable. Others find that it goes slower the second time.

Your head isn't into it, and, other than the weather which might be affecting you, this is a pretty non-social event time of year.

What do you think is going on? What changed?
Old 03-03-2014, 01:17 AM   #351  

Lisa,
That bulletproof coffee (if I got to the right site)...wow. You definitely gave the extra fat thing a good go. Hope the gut health repair gets things moving in the right direction.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #352  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMom02 View Post
Wow...some very interesting postings regarding sucralose! Thank you for sharing. I have been so guilty of overdoing the WF products. I wonder if that is why I'm having a difficult time staying away from sweets?!?

I'm in need of some advice...last time I had an issue, some 4 cheat days in a row, I went back to about 5 or 6 days of P1, and felt good again. Well, I went off the deep end now, and it has been 7 1/2 days of seriously eating off plan. For some reason, I start doing a P1 day, but "fall off the wagon" by day's end. Not sure what has come over me. I was 100% OP throughout my IP journey...and now this. I feel really puffy & yucky. I really believe that I will have to cut the cheat day out for good. I did order the Brain Over Binge book...it's supposed to arrive in a day or two.

Do you think that I'll lose this extra weight from the past week quickly? I'm so scared I won't. Regardless, it's time to nip this in the butt. Phase 1 tomorrow for about a month for me. Maybe I don't belong in this thread quite yet...
Hang in there fitmom!
This happened to me as well. I finally managed to stick with P1 for 1 week, but then realized that it my head wasn't into it, to use infoplease's words. I think that P1 was triggering the cheating. Since then, I'm doing a modified P2--lots of protein, low carb, no IP food, and tracking with MFP. If I need to resort to P1, I'll wait until May-June. Those long days of sunlight are much more diet-friendly.

I'm avoiding hunger at any cost--I think that was triggering me. Also adding in exercise, (which has been a major challenge due to old injuries. Now doing Iyengar yoga). I think that will help maintain weight loss and improve overall focus & mood.

I feel no need to have a fun day, but once in a while I'll feel very indulgent with extra servings of my regular food, or something like butternut squash with coconut oil. So far it feels much more sustainable than the roller coaster I was on. You WILL be able to do P1 at some point if you choose, but for now, it sounds like your brain and body are asking for something else.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Hey Ladies

mars/maile/infoplease Thank you for the kind comments, most days it's all smoke and mirrors!

maile Some days I feel healthy other days I feel like a pyscho! (just being honest)...yesterday I had a rice noodle bowl and it spiked my blood sugars where I crapped my pants (the number won't prove anything to my doc at appointment tomorrow) and I felt guilty for having a 'treat'. Ugh, I knew I had to do some sort of excersise and VIP had his papers all over the living room organizing so I couldn't do my leslie walk at home. So I walked up and down the stairs for 15 minutes, he wondered where I was and came to find me "what are you doing?" "well, because of your PAPERS! I have to climb stairs for 15 minutes to get my blood sugars down!" ....gggrrrr...

Fitmom I agree with others, the weather isn't helping you right now I think maybe trying to NOT do a fun day? I did big fun days at the beginning and had to change them to fun meals or at least fun between 5-8 which was a meal and maybe a frozen soft yogurt with some sprinkles etc. Now that I'm forced to not have a fun meal and I'm doing 90%/10% I am still being ultra careful as I can't fix the 10% just yet. I find I'm digging this, I was not ready before to give up some food items and now I am. Even the VIP is looking forward to having popcorn more often during the week (jerk!) and give up a whole day of fun (he could still do the whole day - jerk!) lol

infoplease Thanks for the article, interesting stuff. You are well versed and need to post more often!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Last edited by Ishbel; 03-03-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:29 AM   #354  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning maintainers! It is hard to believe it is already March. Just a year ago I was going in for my preop appointments in anticipation of a major surgery. This led to several months off work, and ultimately, my decision to get healthy and change my life. This time last year I did not know or imagine I could feel so much better, physically or mentally. Since starting IP I have helped 6 family/friends start on their weight loss journey. I have learned so much from this site, and by taking responsibility for my health.

Thank you to all you wonderful chicks for your continued posts and helpful info and encouragement to everyone who needs it here. I do not post so often, but I stop in often to see what's up and continue to learn a lot.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #355  
maintaining since 9/2013

dak1ills, glad to know you're lurking and doing well!
Old 03-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #356  

dak1lls...you are amazing. We haven't really chatted but I have followed your journey. I was searching through the alt threads and saw that you were ordering from Nashua and I was hoping to get your opinions/suggestions on what to order. I am looking at ordering only nonrestricteds as I am trying to stay away from restricteds and limit to 2-3 times a week. Anything you can suggest? I would love to hear from you since it seems that you have a lot of expertise in the alts department. Glad to see you are well and enjoying maintenance.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #357  
Started IP 5/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
dak1lls...you are amazing. We haven't really chatted but I have followed your journey. I was searching through the alt threads and saw that you were ordering from Nashua and I was hoping to get your opinions/suggestions on what to order. I am looking at ordering only nonrestricteds as I am trying to stay away from restricteds and limit to 2-3 times a week. Anything you can suggest? I would love to hear from you since it seems that you have a lot of expertise in the alts department. Glad to see you are well and enjoying maintenance.
Hi eandc! I actually noticed your question in the Daily Chat and commented there, but I will also answer here. I ordered each of the items you mentioned and loved them all. My favorite were the BBQ Soy Snacks. I loved the Chili Lime and White Cheddar Crisps as well. I ate the Honey Nut cereal as well, but not as often. I counted these items as unrestricted based on lamberjules alternative requirements guidelines; 8g net carbs or less as unrestricted, and 9g carbs or more as restricted.

Along with the items you listed in the Daily Chat I used so many different items but here are some of my other faves that I used and also keep on hand for P1 days:

Protidiet Liquid Concentrate drink mixes; I think I tried all the flavors. They are awesome to put in a bottle of water.

HealthSmart Cinnamon Cereal

Protidiet Blueberry Pancakes; I added an egg white mixed til very frothy, and dash of cinnamon

Weigh Loss Systems Pudding in Creamy Cheesecake

Protidiet Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal (there is another brand on Nashua that is restricted, so be careful)

I love my bars and those are harder to buy locally, so I still order my restricted bars from Nashua. I know you are looking for unrestricted suggestions so I didn't include any of those.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #358  

Thank you so much dak1lls. I ordered the following and I am looking forward to getting my shipment already.

HealthSmart Oatmeal - Apples & Cinnamon (7/Box) 2
Proti-Thin Zipper Snacks - BBQ (7/Box) 1
Proti-Thin Zipper Snacks - Sour Cream & Fine Herbs (7/Box) 1
ProtiDiet Cereal - Honey Nut Soy (7/Box) 2
ProtiDiet Dessert - Chocolate Fudge Cake (7/Box) 1
ProtiDiet Oatmeal - Apple Cinnamon (7/Box)

Did you ever try the choc fudge cake? I hear the batter is good.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:14 PM   #359  
Started IP 5/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Thank you so much dak1lls. I ordered the following and I am looking forward to getting my shipment already.

HealthSmart Oatmeal - Apples & Cinnamon (7/Box) 2
Proti-Thin Zipper Snacks - BBQ (7/Box) 1
Proti-Thin Zipper Snacks - Sour Cream & Fine Herbs (7/Box) 1
ProtiDiet Cereal - Honey Nut Soy (7/Box) 2
ProtiDiet Dessert - Chocolate Fudge Cake (7/Box) 1
ProtiDiet Oatmeal - Apple Cinnamon (7/Box)

Did you ever try the choc fudge cake? I hear the batter is good.
yes I love the chocolate fudge cake! I made Rainbow's chocolate whoopie pie recipe but frosted it with WF caramel dip. I cut it in squares and layered it like a slice of layer cake. It was so good!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #360  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
yes I love the chocolate fudge cake! I made Rainbow's chocolate whoopie pie recipe but frosted it with WF caramel dip. I cut it in squares and layered it like a slice of layer cake. It was so good!
I accidently ordered the health smart apple/cinnamon oatmeal and not the cereal darn it. Have your tried this? Do you think this would still be acceptable on phase 1?
Closed Thread