Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 09:07 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Hi everyone. Yesterday was a good and bad day. The good, first. Always best. I ran a 5k in 26 minutes 20 seconds. I placed 113th overall (out of about 1600 runners) and 16th in my gender/age division (females, 20-39 years old). I was really happy about it.

When I got home from the race, I was hanging out with the boyfriend and his child (11 year old boy). There was an issue with the boy's schooling and his behavior and my boyfriend and his son's mother were dealing with it via telephone, conversations, etc. I don't know, I felt out of place, awkward. I wanted to leave (it wasn't angry or anything, just tense), but knew that wasn't the right thing to do. Unable to "figure it out" for myself, I ate chocolate, and too much of it. It was meant to be my reset day after Saturday's fun day, so I cheated.

Sarita- agree with the troops here..don't be so hard on you! It is something that your body probably is able to handle...once in a while. And we are not were not meant to give up everything forever.
First of all..I bet your cheat day is pretty darn good compared to someone who has not been trying to reset the mind and body after almost a year of intense food modification! Some people will need to have wine a little more...some chocolate...others pizza. The thing is you KNOW you can't always do it. That's what maintenance is all about. Figuring out how to maintain for YOU! You're young...and active...and your body can do the occasional "off the beaten track thing" now that you are where you want to be. Keep the conscience about that...BUT ditch the over the top guilt and turn it into a reality check! That will make you crazy and it does not appear you need to do that to yourself!!! And keep on with your running!! AWESOME!!!

I didn't cheat on P1-P3. This is, really, my first cheat. I am resetting today, but have such a huge amount of disappointment in myself. I spoke to my boyfriend about it, and a number of things that have been bothering me (just kind of bubbling under the surface), so things feel better, but I can't shake the disappointment. Going to go for a run later this evening and try to leave it on the pavement behind me.

Anyhow, as I always said, onwards and up/downwards ....
Most often there are underlying things that affect how we react to a situation. Good bad or not at all. Rarely is there direct cause and effect for behavior, knowing triggers are something we learn about ourselves with time. It's all just human nature...if you can figure out what makes the clock tick in a productive way..that will help. But do remember you are an inspiration to so many on here. In spite of what you do or don't work out. don't lose sight of that. Keep it on your dashboard!!

Last edited by 65X65; 02-04-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #242  
Start 3/8/15

S/C/G: 150/119/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Most often there are underlying things that affect how we react to a situation. Good bad or not at all. Rarely is there direct cause and effect for behavior, knowing triggers are something we learn about ourselves with time. It's all just human nature...if you can figure out what makes the clock tick in a productive way..that will help. But do remember you are an inspiration to so many on here. In spite of what you do or don't work out. don't lose sight of that. Keep it on your dashboard!!
Well said!! Now where is our "like" button?
Old 02-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #243  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

I just wanted to stop in to say hi and see how everyone is doing. All is going well here, and I'm still under goal although I have to say I've added in more red wine to my diet than I think most of you have. I still go easy on carbs, and they're the first thing to go if my weight creeps up at all.

Hard to believe that at this time last year I was still working on getting to goal, although it was finally hitting me that it was actually within reach.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:21 PM   #244  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning all. Thank you for all your support yesterday. It was hard doing P1 yesterday again, but I got through it with tons and tons of salad and a 6 mile run. LOL. I am starving today (unsurprisingly given the run), but am glad that I stuck out P1 to reset. It was a wake-up call that I need to sort out the emotional aspects of my diet and eating habits and, rather than to engage in such behaviors, figure out a way to get some distance from the triggers. Walk away from the chocolate, needless to say. Get far, far away from it.

Onwards and upwards!
Hugs to each of you for your support.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:33 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 232.6/213.2/185

Hi all
I have been doing IP since July 15,2013 and have lost 46 pounds, now finished first week of phase 2. I am feeling anxious about expanding my intake as don't want to awaken old cravings. So great to read of your successes on maintenance, gives me more confidence. Hope to learn from all of your experiences as I go forward. Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #246  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiecanuck View Post
Hi all
I have been doing IP since July 15,2013 and have lost 46 pounds, now finished first week of phase 2. I am feeling anxious about expanding my intake as don't want to awaken old cravings. So great to read of your successes on maintenance, gives me more confidence. Hope to learn from all of your experiences as I go forward. Thanks for sharing!
Congrats!!
How awesome!

Just take baby steps and for me going thru all the phases was
important, still lost on phases 2&3.

Keep up the great work, and come here and ask all these awesome people
anything you need to know!

D
Old 02-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #247  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Welcome Susiecanuck: That is a great loss. I agree with dRegean..follow the phases and take small steps in adding back food.

Sarita: going back to P1 is hard but doable. Those breakfasts are hard to give up. Hope your P1 is going well this week! I stay far away from triggers.

Bubbleblower: It was good to hear from you. That is great that you have kept your weight off for a year! I like wine also!

65x65 and fitmom: I agree. Learning about the triggers in our lives is so important...food or emotions.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:23 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 201/ 135/130

Height: 5FT 4in

Unhappy confused!!!

I have been on stage 4 for about a month now. My weight has gone up about 5 lbs. My coach said I'm not eating enough food, she said I have slowed my metabolism down but she just tells me to eat more food. I know I'm probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I need specifics. I eat the big breakfast, lunch I have chicken and veggies, dinner is meat veggies, sometimes whole wheat bread with almond butter. I really need menu's for lunch and dinner. I'm walking a mile every day trying to get some exercise in. Oh by the way I'm 65 yes old. I need a little more help than what my coach is giving me.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #249  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Lulu64:

I think you might be going about P4 a little wrong. According to what I have been told, you should keep fats, no grain carbs, with one non-breakfast meal, like lunch, and carbs, limited fats, with the other non-breakfast meal, like dinner. Fats @ dinner would be very limited, like 1 tsp of oil. Having almond butter (oil) w/ toast (carbs) would likely be a no-no due to the oil in the almond butter. I generally find myself doing the following:

- big breakfast (0% greek yogurt, 1/3 c. fruit (in the yogurt), lower-carb bread with almond butter, and some meat (about 2 oz, generally turkey pastrami)
- lunch: salad with grilled meats and salad dressing. Sometimes I will do a veggie plate with deli meats and string cheese.
- dinner: sometimes meat and pasta with tomato sauce (watching the oils), sometimes rice and a meat/veggie stirfry (light oil), sometimes meat/veggies only (forgoing the carbs/grains). If I need carbs, sometimes I will make a 1/2 sandwich with some mustard, veggies and deli meats. Sometimes I will have some cream of wheat with WF Pancake Syrup.

Hope this helps a little bit!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #250  

Default Thanks for the help.

My coach has kind of left me in the dust. It is kind of crazy to come this far and not be able to keep it up. I have lost 70 pounds that I never want to see again, I get kind of emotional when I think I might fail.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:14 PM   #251  

Sarita75, thanks so much for the info. I will use it wisely. If you can think of anything else it would be greatly appreciated. I know I need more exercise, but I hav been soo tired all of the time it is hard to stir up the energy.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #252  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Lulu64:

I think you might be going about P4 a little wrong. According to what I have been told, you should keep fats, no grain carbs, with one non-breakfast meal, like lunch, and carbs, limited fats, with the other non-breakfast meal, like dinner. Fats @ dinner would be very limited, like 1 tsp of oil. Having almond butter (oil) w/ toast (carbs) would likely be a no-no due to the oil in the almond butter. I generally find myself doing the following:

- big breakfast (0% greek yogurt, 1/3 c. fruit (in the yogurt), lower-carb bread with almond butter, and some meat (about 2 oz, generally turkey pastrami)
- lunch: salad with grilled meats and salad dressing. Sometimes I will do a veggie plate with deli meats and string cheese.
- dinner: sometimes meat and pasta with tomato sauce (watching the oils), sometimes rice and a meat/veggie stirfry (light oil), sometimes meat/veggies only (forgoing the carbs/grains). If I need carbs, sometimes I will make a 1/2 sandwich with some mustard, veggies and deli meats. Sometimes I will have some cream of wheat with WF Pancake Syrup.

Hope this helps a little bit!
Sarita

Those are great tips. I have found I add fats to my lunch in the same way you mentioned, with a salad and fattier dressing or cheese, etc... I love having pasta with marinara and meatballs, but try to stay away from wheat so I go for baked potatoes or sweet potatoes for dinner. I will put a little sea salt and grapeseed oil on my potato instead of butter and quite like it.

Thanks for your info. I think it is so helpful to others. Maintenance can feel scary at first and even after 4 months I find I am still trying to navigate in the healthiest way possible.

Don't forget to have snacks throughout the day. Nuts and cheese are good. Maybe a little fruit occasionally.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #253  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Lulu: I am sorry your coach is not supporting you. You and I are close to the same age. I basically eat the P3 plan and add a small carb like half a cup of beans to dinner..now and then. The lunches and dinners are much the same as you have always been eating..protein and veges..maybe some salad dressing for lunch. You can keep those 70 pounds off. Your daily exercise is great.

Dak1l: 4 months and still going strong. You are doing great. I may have to try grape seed oil..

Sarita: I love almond butter. I eat it in the morning. Your idea of cream of wheat with WF syrup sounds good.

I am in the high end of my range..and planning on eating low low P1 carbs for a few days.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:46 AM   #254  

Thumbs up Thanks

Maile- thanks so much for the info. I need to give myself pep talks all of the time when I step on the scales. That is really frustrating to me. I have gained 5 pounds back and it is driving me crazy, my husband too. I'm going to keep all of the good suggestions in my mind and not sweat the small stuff. Thanks again for all of the info, I need to come on this site more often, it really boost my spirits.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #255  

Height: 5'4"

Lulu64,
Did your coach give you a Phase 4 specific diary or a sample menu?
Would either of those be helpful to you?
Do you think the 5lbs is the "rebound" (return of water) from phasing off?
Any idea how many calories you think you are eating or just the typical portion sizes of your meats & veggies?
How much fat are you typically eating (looking for enough fat as much as the "when")?
I love a good nutrition mystery.
Closed Thread