Maintainers Vol 13

You're on Page 16 of 34
Go to
  • Maile & Ishbel, thanks so much the tips and encouragement to give up sucralose. I used to joke about getting hooked on it during P1 and now I think it's real. (Still better than carb-addiction and an extra 100lbs)!

Ishbel, I hope you are continuing to get a little relief--can't even imagine what that feels like. Sounds like you are doing great even so, and good to hear your little nugget is liking your workouts!

sarita: I'm both inspired and excited for you. I look forward to following your progress to the big day. What a great way to enjoy your new, healthier body!
  • Sarita: Go for it. That is great that you signed up! That shows a belief in yourself.

Ishbel:I am glad you are feeling better. If you get a crown are you going to be able to use all of the painkillers? Your fitbit sounds like a good motivator. I have ordered a foot pedometer with wireless tracking. That should get us moving. You sound like you are doing well and the arrival is getting closer!

Mars: I feel the same way..ideally I would get rid of sucralose, but it is better than sugar and being overweight!
  • Quote: Sarita: Go for it. That is great that you signed up! That shows a belief in yourself.

Ishbel:I am glad you are feeling better. If you get a crown are you going to be able to use all of the painkillers? Your fitbit sounds like a good motivator. I have ordered a foot pedometer with wireless tracking. That should get us moving. You sound like you are doing well and the arrival is getting closer!

Mars: I feel the same way..ideally I would get rid of sucralose, but it is better than sugar and being overweight!
    LIKE to all! Lol!

So what's everyone up to for Super Bowl? Any parties!
    We go to our neighbors annual every year, usually a nice time.
    Lots of temptations though! Ugh!
    I decided to bring a Cajun shrimp app and a paleo banana nut bread!
    This way I'm sure to have something good without going out of control!
    I will have a wine or two with my ladies! We tend to chat thru the game, stop for
    the commercials and halftime. We're Patriot fans so not so into the game this
    year. Have family in Seattle though so I guess I should support them,

Well have fun if your attending any parties, just stay in control! We worked so
    hard to get here!!

D
  • Happy February!!

Sarita...you go girl!! What an awesome goal to train for. Are you working with a trainer?

DRegan...no major plans here. My daughter has volleyball league until 8pm...so that takes care of that! Maybe we'll tape the game so we can fast forward to watch the commercials! :-)

I'm actually thinking about doing my first fun day tomorrow. I haven't done one yet. I'm not really craving anything, so don't know what to indulge in. Maybe I'll just add 500 extra calories (following the fat/carb separation rules) to see how my body reacts. We'll see...
  • Quote: Oh how I miss wine! Before starting IP I suffered with severe migraines and wine seemed to be one of my triggers. Since beginning IP I have virtually eliminated migraines. I was down with a pretty bad one I think only once since last May 13th. My strong belief is that I had massive inflammation that triggered migraines. I also think the amount of processed foods I was eating, which includes so many chemicals, preservatives, etc...were at the root of my headaches. I have been extremely fearful of having wine and have only tried once. I did pretty well, but just don't want to tempt fate. eek. I'm a scaredy cat.
    daks my mom suffers from terrible migraines but thinks its the sulfites. She occasionally has a glass of more natural wine that is lower in sulfites and she seems to get away without a migraine.
  • dregan: Good reminder to stay sensible. We are having people to dinner so I cooked twice baked cauliflower and feta mint red cabbage. Thus i will have low carb options and will avoid the ribs. I am in Wa so everyone is SeaHawk crazy over here.

Fitmom: Once again we will see those expensive commercials on the Super Bowl!
    If I indulge, I try to find something that I really like. Hope your daughter's volleyball game goes well.
  • Quote: Oh how I miss wine! Before starting IP I suffered with severe migraines and wine seemed to be one of my triggers. Since beginning IP I have virtually eliminated migraines. I was down with a pretty bad one I think only once since last May 13th. My strong belief is that I had massive inflammation that triggered migraines. I also think the amount of processed foods I was eating, which includes so many chemicals, preservatives, etc...were at the root of my headaches. I have been extremely fearful of having wine and have only tried once. I did pretty well, but just don't want to tempt fate. eek. I'm a scaredy cat.

It has been terribly cold here this winter. While January and February are generally our coldest months it has been colder than normal. Yesterday was such a blizzard and high winds that most of the state was under a "no travel" advisory. The main interstate and state highways were actually closed over the majority of the state. While we don't usually close schools even at minus 50, we also don't run buses during those times as well. I agree that the kids don't seem to be as affected by the cold. As I get older I seem to be bothered by it more & more. Now that I have lost weight I seem to get chilled more often. It is a welcome change from the hot flashes though!

Daks ..I agree about the wine..but actually finding now I missed the "social" partaking more than how it made me feel...I am happy with a few sips for taste with the right food at dinner or a glass initially at a social event......but actually think I'm glad to have eliminated the headaches AND the extra calories...I have not really had more than 2 glasses at 1 event and it was part of a very long evening, and ended up handing off both glasses unfinished to hubby. We had wine at a special restaurant for dinner Thursday night to celebrate nailing some very complicated vacation plans and schedules...and actually had way less than a celebration would normally have entailed in the past!!! Have decided for me this is a good thing...and I'll take it! Really did not expect my mindset would get re-set...along with my metabolism.

Now if that could happen with chocolate....
  • Quote: dregan: Good reminder to stay sensible. We are having people to dinner so I cooked twice baked cauliflower and feta mint red cabbage. Thus i will have low carb options and will avoid the ribs. I am in Wa so everyone is SeaHawk crazy over here.
    That sounds delicious, Maile! And won't make you sluggish & hungover like the ribs probably would. (Ribs are one of my many triggers ).
  • Quote: dregan: Good reminder to stay sensible. We are having people to dinner so I cooked twice baked cauliflower and feta mint red cabbage. Thus i will have low carb options and will avoid the ribs. I am in Wa so everyone is SeaHawk crazy over here.

Fitmom: Once again we will see those expensive commercials on the Super Bowl!
    If I indulge, I try to find something that I really like. Hope your daughter's volleyball game goes well.
    Can I have the recipe for twice baked cauliflower? That sounds yummy!
  • Hi everyone. Yesterday was a good and bad day. The good, first. Always best. I ran a 5k in 26 minutes 20 seconds. I placed 113th overall (out of about 1600 runners) and 16th in my gender/age division (females, 20-39 years old). I was really happy about it.

When I got home from the race, I was hanging out with the boyfriend and his child (11 year old boy). There was an issue with the boy's schooling and his behavior and my boyfriend and his son's mother were dealing with it via telephone, conversations, etc. I don't know, I felt out of place, awkward. I wanted to leave (it wasn't angry or anything, just tense), but knew that wasn't the right thing to do. Unable to "figure it out" for myself, I ate chocolate, and too much of it. It was meant to be my reset day after Saturday's fun day, so I cheated.

I didn't cheat on P1-P3. This is, really, my first cheat. I am resetting today, but have such a huge amount of disappointment in myself. I spoke to my boyfriend about it, and a number of things that have been bothering me (just kind of bubbling under the surface), so things feel better, but I can't shake the disappointment. Going to go for a run later this evening and try to leave it on the pavement behind me.

Anyhow, as I always said, onwards and up/downwards ....
  • Sarita,

Don't be so hard on yourself! Look at all you've accomplished,
    Congrats!!!!, by the way.

We're only human, brush off and move on, you've probably already burned
    off the calories on your run. You got this! Just feeling that way will keep
    You from doing it again any time soon. Obviously you were a little stressed by the situation.

Take care

D
  • Sarita...

WAY TO GO on that run!!! You should be very proud of yourself! You said that yesterday was your free day, you had some chocolate...you're now doing a P1 day. You will be ok!
  • Quote: Can I have the recipe for twice baked cauliflower? That sounds yummy!
    That does sound delish!! I'd love that recipe, too!
  • Sarita:It sounds like a hard situation. We have all been there and returned to P1 to get back on track. I am glad you were able to talk to your boyfriend. Hope you are feeling better.. Hugs.

Fitmom and Joysh: You can find the recipe on Kayln's Kitchen Food Blog..then look up twice baked cauliflower. It is a people pleaser. I use mozarella on the top and use turkey bacon..or make half without the bacon. She has some good low carb recipes. Here it is: www.kalynskitchen.com/

Mars735: I did have two small ribs..my husband has discovered that slow cooking is better, That will be the last ribs for awhile..they were delicious.

Dregan: I hope you enjoyed your SB party. Now on to basketball.

65x65: That is a healthy change that you have made..limiting yourself to one or two glasses of wine. That is the recommended amount.
  • maile, I've gotta hand it to you with having just 2 ribs. Thanks for the link to kaylnskitchen.

Sarita, hope you are feeling better today. Thank-you for sharing your experience, both the problem and the way you handled it. It helps everyone to know we aren't alone. The cumulative experience of occasional slippage and correction makes us all stronger than perfection, imho. Looking forward to hearing more about your training.