Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #31  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

sarahbell

I had that a few days as well, but you've just got to fight thru it. treat yourself to a nap when little man goes down, or a nice bubble bath. You can do this!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #32  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseys928 View Post
my coach has told me from the beginning that the last place you lose is the first place you gain. which is why 25 lbs later i am still waiting for my stomach to shrink! if only we had the power to chose!
It will happen. I got asked if I had a tummy tuck! My friend said no way it could be that flat. I just took it as a compliment
Old 11-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
yespositively: The blue-cran granata and raspberry jelly can be used every day as an additional packet or every other day if it is one of your 3.

They don't contain all essential amino acids of a protein so don't feel guilty!
Is that an official rule or a house rule? I purchased the blueberry cran granata from my clinic and was not told that I couldn't use it every day as one of my three.

Also, do you happen to know if the raspberry jelly is literally jelly or if it is more of a jello? Just curious since you mentioned it!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
Is that an official rule or a house rule? I purchased the blueberry cran granata from my clinic and was not told that I couldn't use it every day as one of my three.

Also, do you happen to know if the raspberry jelly is literally jelly or if it is more of a jello? Just curious since you mentioned it!
It's an official rule. I will bump a thread I started awhile back.

It is just like Jell-O...they just can't call it that because it's a name brand.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseys928 View Post
my coach has told me from the beginning that the last place you lose is the first place you gain. which is why 25 lbs later i am still waiting for my stomach to shrink! if only we had the power to chose!
Ha! This is SO true. I am becoming very hour glass shaped. My waist is back but my hips are still big. So weird.

sarita75 I don't really watch TV but I get what you're saying-- I am SO used to having a cocktail or a snack in the evening while I sew (I'm a quilter). It's weird and honestly I never noticed before how much I snack in the evening. No wonder I gained weight!

Yesterday instead of snacking I threw out anything in the house that I knew my boyfriend wouldn't eat and that would tempt me. Now I don't really have any choices left for snacking except for IP packets or vegetables. Eventually I need to learn how to resist snacks when they are around, but this rules-based approach is working for me for now.

sarahBell Hang in there! Just remember why you're doing this! Maybe take a little walk or something to get yourself out of the house and away from temptation. Or cook a few IP compliant meals for the week. It'll keep you busy and hopefully distract you from wanting to cheat. I've also been using herbal tea (which kinda tastes like unsweet juice to me) to keep me from snacking.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #36  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello all - I haven't been very active posting but am still here reading and gaining inspiration every day. Had my week 10 WI last night, another -2.2 pounds down for 32 total since I started. Funny how the mind works - even though I am seeing GREAT losses, I couldn't help feeling a bit disappointed. I had just finished a week of TOM and my bathroom scale (naked, first thing in the morning) had me down 5 pounds for the week. I know...I know! I shouldn't be on the bathroom scale, different time of day, clothes v no clothes etc etc etc but still. I like that one better than my coach's.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Hello all - I haven't been very active posting but am still here reading and gaining inspiration every day. Had my week 10 WI last night, another -2.2 pounds down for 32 total since I started. Funny how the mind works - even though I am seeing GREAT losses, I couldn't help feeling a bit disappointed. I had just finished a week of TOM and my bathroom scale (naked, first thing in the morning) had me down 5 pounds for the week. I know...I know! I shouldn't be on the bathroom scale, different time of day, clothes v no clothes etc etc etc but still. I like that one better than my coach's.
I like my number at home better, too. No clothes, jewelry, watch. Still, as long as the numbers are moving in the same direction it's all good.

I stand on my scale in the morning and I *know* that it will be different at WI.

32 pounds is AMAZING! I hope I can say something similar on Week 10!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 212.6/ticker!/119

Height: 4'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
When I feel deprived I eat a spoonful or two of WF Chocolate Dip. Helps me every time. Sometimes even a spoonful of the pancake syrup!
Chocolate Dip!!! I'm going to a WI today...I must inquire about it!!! Love the Original BBQ sauce WF of course
Old 11-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #39  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Purple: I can't put things quite as eloquently as others on this board but hang in there.

We are asking a lot of our bodies every single week. Many factors come into play with weight loss (water, hormones, salt intake, bowels, etc.) and one slow week, or quite a few should it happen, should not make you throw in the towel.

Think about how far you've come (and in such a short amount of time).

It's a blink of the eye in the overall scheme of life if you really think about it.

I know your son plays hockey...surely you wouldn't have him quit the team if he had one bad week of games, right?

You can do this!
Thank you - I really needed the pep talk today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
It was beautiful here wasn't it?! I am just south of the twin cities (80 miles LOL) I wish I would have known you were going to be here in MN!!! I could have given you some places to eat where you can order your food IP way and the chef wont bat an eyelash!! I hope you had fun
It was beautiful, especially knowing that it snowed back here at home! Plus, I spent a ton of money, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
When I feel deprived I eat a spoonful or two of WF Chocolate Dip. Helps me every time. Sometimes even a spoonful of the pancake syrup!
Oh, that's a good idea!

Okay, I talked myself off the ledge and so did my coach And - now I know why I shouldn't jump on the scale - our scale at work is obviously off because I was down 2.4lbs this week! It doesn't stop me feeling like I'm bloated but does make me feel much, much better My coach gave me a package of those raspberry chocolates as a sample to "break my mood" - I'm going to try them tonight with a homemade decaf gingerbread latte, yum!

Thank you all for making me feel better!

Jo
Old 11-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Hi all. Sorry I haven't been around much - was in Minneapolis for the weekend for a Wild/Jets game. Had a great time on the trip, stayed 100% OP but was feeling really resentful about it.
Jo
PM - I have been following your threads for awhile now and you have been of great help to me. Don't give up....you are almost there!

I just watched a an IP video lastnight and the Dr. said that you will stall at times. He talked about how you should eat 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted packet (Ph 1) a day, but if you stall out and cannot find the weight loss...go down to 2 unrestricted packets for 1/2 weeks to help.

Some people on the threads say that they only use 3 unrestricted a day, but the Dr. mentioned this and stated that when that person stalls out, they have less options to get their weight loss started up again.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Hi all. Sorry I haven't been around much - was in Minneapolis for the weekend for a Wild/Jets game. Had a great time on the trip, stayed 100% OP but was feeling really resentful about it.

I still feel bad this morning but I have my WI at lunch today so I'm going to talk to my coach about this. I hit a bit of a stall last week - yes, I know a week isn't a stall, just a slow week - but I barely lost anything and I didn't lose any inches and I think it's the same this week, possibly with a gain. She did want me to consider trying IP's cleanse - I don't know, maybe I will.

I'm usually pretty positive about this all, actually I'm usually pretty positive in general, so this has been kind of tough on me. I'm just going to sip my coffee and water, wait for my appointment and see how it goes.

Jo
That sort of feeling, vague anger, slight resentment, does seem to hit. I guess when someone works hard, and you have, there is the feeling that fireworks should be going off, clothes falling off, people stopping us on the street to remark how good we look, etc.

Unfortunately, this journey can seem thankless at times. Lots of hard work and the sign of it only really visible sometimes to us. But look how far you have come - you have lost a whole lot of weight and are well past halfway there.

So hang in there, make yourself some nice hearty soup, sit in front of a fire, snuggles up with a good book and take care of yourself as you visualize how great you will look and feel at Christmas.

And probably for the first time, you will look forward to New Year's, knowing that your resolution was started and put into motion a long time ago and you have so much to look forward to!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #42  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:

I had a low moment last night. It's my TOM and I was feeling (and still am) really bloated and crampy and just yuck in general and stepped on the scale to see that I've lost nothing...nothing at all and might have even gained a little. Despite fighting to stay 100% OP while away, feeling like I was "missing" out on lots of fun stuff - good food, cold beer, Cinnabon... and I lost nothing and probably gained. I wanted soooo badly to reach into the bag of Lindor chocolates my son brought back and have one. Or two. Or the whole bag. I wanted to give up IP, phase off, walk away from it all. I didn't have a chocolate but I wanted to.

I still feel bad this morning but I have my WI at lunch today so I'm going to talk to my coach about this. I hit a bit of a stall last week - yes, I know a week isn't a stall, just a slow week - but I barely lost anything and I didn't lose any inches and I think it's the same this week, possibly with a gain. She did want me to consider trying IP's cleanse - I don't know, maybe I will.

I'm usually pretty positive about this all, actually I'm usually pretty positive in general, so this has been kind of tough on me. I'm just going to sip my coffee and water, wait for my appointment and see how it goes.

Jo
Boy can I relate to your post. I remember feeling so resentful at times. I was downright mad and pouty. I felt so sorry for myself that I couldn't have the cake, pie, chips, pizza, whatever.....As I was serving my own birthday cake I felt especially mad. As time went on I started pep talking myself and noticing how much better I was feeling; physically and emotionally. I realized that this would be such a short time out of my life to make a difference in my health. Not just that....I really wanted to feel good about myself again. I wanted to feel pretty and sexy for my DH. I didn't want to be self conscious every time we were invited out, and I tried to come up with excuses to stay home. I wanted to go shopping with my daughter and not feel depressed about not being able to find clothes that were cute and also fit and covered up my fat rolls.

Why is it that I felt I was deprived because I couldn't have a piece of cake, candy, etc...? As others have often pointed out, "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". It is sooooo true! I had many times of feeling resentful, but those diminished. Why do we make food so important? As Lisa has said so many times, it is not about the food, it is about our relationships and time with friends, family, etc...Not an exact quote, but that's the gist of it.

Here is a big hug. Go kick the carpet and grumble, and have a dill pickle. This too shall pass.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

My very first, real NSV!!!!!! I came back after running errands (husband home after surgery) and as I put away his meds, I glanced at myself in the big bathroom mirror.

The big round thing that was my face is now a very attractive narrow and normal shape. I really and truly had to look twice to make sure it was me and not someone who had slipped behind me.

So even though I have been down and fell off, got back on, this was the happiest single moment I have had since started. I have begun putting makeup on every morning and doing my hair and it paid off - there was a very pretty lady in the mirror.

(No, not humble, but I need this little kick!)
Old 11-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #44  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
A co worker keeps calling me the incredible shrinking woman. My BMI is still unhealthy as well. There's still several areas I'd like to see get smaller. They can't see the spare tire under the clothes lol. But I guess to them they see a dramatic change
Agreed! My coworkers say similar things to me, and it certainly helps with support. I am sure we are all filling out our clothes differently. I am glad to look better in my clothes, but I also agree that these love handles need to go! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
My bosses' boss called me "skinny" last Friday (she's been dieting, too).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
ha! my boss said the same thing yesterday..."Every time I see you I think you're getting smaller" My response? "That's the plan!!"
My boss has not commented once on my weight loss. I see her daily and we have meetings weekly. Nothing. I am almost FIFTY POUNDS SMALLER and nothing. My former boss said something within five minutes of seeing me recently. It's all about love and connections, folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
I have a belt on today to keep my pants in place, pants that were snug a few weeks ago. My legs don't feel skinnier at all, but I guess if my pants are loose they must be? Here's hoping!
Amen! I am in need of new belts and new pants, too. I have had to retire some of my looser twelves...I can't wait to be totally into tens. It feels like it is taking forever. But I love the loose-pants feeling!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I agree with you that even with limited energy, planning the food is a must. It is what saved me. I decided what would please me the most from the program and made sure that I had that out and ready to go. For dinner, I had a spicy ground turkey cooked up and added it to soup for a nice warm treat that took a while to eat so I was satisfied. (I think nice hot soup fills one up in both a physical way and an emotional, comfort food way).
I am loving hot soup! Hubby made a very soupy roast tonight-yum! So warm, cozy, and comforting.

Quote:
Okay, I talked myself off the ledge and so did my coach And - now I know why I shouldn't jump on the scale - our scale at work is obviously off because I was down 2.4lbs this week! It doesn't stop me feeling like I'm bloated but does make me feel much, much better My coach gave me a package of those raspberry chocolates as a sample to "break my mood" - I'm going to try them tonight with a homemade decaf gingerbread latte, yum!
Hooray! Way to go! Keep moving forward, and you will make it to your goal.

Happy Tuesday, everyone! What a busy time of year at school- so many activities going on the past two weeks, and now grades close this week. I am so looking forward to the little break that Thanksgiving brings! Still planning to phase off for the holidays, but may change my mind. Who knows. Have a great evening everyone!

~Renee
Old 11-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #45  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
My very first, real NSV!!!!!! I came back after running errands (husband home after surgery) and as I put away his meds, I glanced at myself in the big bathroom mirror.

The big round thing that was my face is now a very attractive narrow and normal shape. I really and truly had to look twice to make sure it was me and not someone who had slipped behind me.

So even though I have been down and fell off, got back on, this was the happiest single moment I have had since started. I have begun putting makeup on every morning and doing my hair and it paid off - there was a very pretty lady in the mirror.

(No, not humble, but I need this little kick!)
That is so awesome! What a great feeling. Yay for you!
Closed Thread