3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   3rd week.. less than 1 pound loss!? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289851-3rd-week-less-than-1-pound-loss.html)

itzroxy814 11-18-2013 12:54 PM

3rd week.. less than 1 pound loss!?

Whyyyyyy? I am in my 3rd week, weigh-in is tomorrow. I weigh myself daily and the scale has hardly moved since my last weigh in. I'm getting so so SO mad, frustrated and discouraged. To be spending all this money, eating so restricted and making a HUGE change to my diet.... it just really bothers me. I'm not giving up, I'm going to stick with it, but I just don't GET IT!

My first 2 weigh-ins messed with my head. The first week, it was my TOM and my weigh-in was 9 days after I started. I lost 10 pounds and was ecstatic. The 2nd weigh-in, however, was only 5 days after the 1st weigh-in, but 14 days total after starting IP. It was 1.8 pounds. I was really upset and she convinced me that, had I weighed in at 7 days and 7 days, I could have had a 7 pound loss and then a 4.8 pound loss, and it would have looked much better than this looked.

I agreed, I understand what happened. But my weight has been going from another 3 pound loss to 1 pound loss, off and on daily since then, and this morning the scale showed only .4 (that's POINT 4) pounds lighter than my last weigh-in.

I'm actually embarrassed to weigh-in. I'm pretty big.... 263 pounds at my last weigh-in. I would think I would have a bigger loss my 3rd week on plan. I feel like a failure even though I am doing everything 100%. Please tell me I'm not the only one out there who goes through this??

Hockeymom40 11-18-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itzroxy814 (Post 4885592)
Whyyyyyy? I am in my 3rd week, weigh-in is tomorrow. I weigh myself daily and the scale has hardly moved since my last weigh in. I'm getting so so SO mad, frustrated and discouraged. To be spending all this money, eating so restricted and making a HUGE change to my diet.... it just really bothers me. I'm not giving up, I'm going to stick with it, but I just don't GET IT!

My first 2 weigh-ins messed with my head. The first week, it was my TOM and my weigh-in was 9 days after I started. I lost 10 pounds and was ecstatic. The 2nd weigh-in, however, was only 5 days after the 1st weigh-in, but 14 days total after starting IP. It was 1.8 pounds. I was really upset and she convinced me that, had I weighed in at 7 days and 7 days, I could have had a 7 pound loss and then a 4.8 pound loss, and it would have looked much better than this looked.

I agreed, I understand what happened. But my weight has been going from another 3 pound loss to 1 pound loss, off and on daily since then, and this morning the scale showed only .4 (that's POINT 4) pounds lighter than my last weigh-in.

I'm actually embarrassed to weigh-in. I'm pretty big.... 263 pounds at my last weigh-in. I would think I would have a bigger loss my 3rd week on plan. I feel like a failure even though I am doing everything 100%. Please tell me I'm not the only one out there who goes through this??

Do not weigh yourself everyday.

ems70508 11-18-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 (Post 4885593)
Do not weigh yourself everyday.

I second this. our bodies go through so much change. Try to keep your WI with your coach at a consistent time and day so that it's a consistent read. When I put my scale away, it felt great!

AliExpat 11-18-2013 01:02 PM

Throw away your scale to avoid the temptation.

mom2hi 11-18-2013 01:25 PM

I second what everyone said about the scale. Also, look at your overall weight loss! It's amazing that you have lost 12 lbs in less than three weeks. Try not to be too hard on yourself, if you follow this plan it will work. Good luck to you.

yespositively 11-18-2013 01:28 PM

I stand on the scale every day, too. But, if it's getting to me, I'll skip it. I think sometimes it's motivating and sometimes a problem.

Sounds like you need a little break from the scale for a while.

I know you mentioned constipation in another thread-- there's a possibility that's affecting your weight and you should talk about troubleshooting it with your coach (this is not something I struggle with personally, so my only advice is drink lots of water).

Stick with the diet and stay away from red meat, since I know it slows some people's losses. Also mix it up maybe? Not the same thing every day? Our bodies like surprise and I know that's not part of the IP protocol but it is something I have learned from dieting and has helped my metabolism in the past.

There's also a good chance that you are losing inches and you won't know that until WI tomorrow-- so go to your WI, talk with your coach, and hang in there!

itzroxy814 11-18-2013 01:59 PM

I understand about the scale...and I do agree. Once I feel like I'm regularly losing weight, I probably won't weigh myself everyday anymore. I am always like this at the beginning of a new diet, to make sure things are going right and it encourages me to keep going.

But aside from weighing myself daily.... I am still at less than 1 pound loss in a week, so that's what I'm curious if anyone else deals with. Maybe even having multiple weeks at 1 pound and you have no idea why?

Deana509 11-18-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itzroxy814 (Post 4885641)
I understand about the scale...and I do agree. Once I feel like I'm regularly losing weight, I probably won't weigh myself everyday anymore. I am always like this at the beginning of a new diet, to make sure things are going right and it encourages me to keep going.

But aside from weighing myself daily.... I am still at less than 1 pound loss in a week, so that's what I'm curious if anyone else deals with. Maybe even having multiple weeks at 1 pound and you have no idea why?

Have you done measurements? There is a good chance that you are losing inches right now, rather than lbs.
Don't fret, many people have stalls, or slow losses, but it won't stay like this. Many of the people of this forum have been doing this a long time, and I know many of them will say that there are very frustrating weeks.
Just stick 100% and don't let it get you down, you will be fine!

omgzitsmiranda 11-18-2013 02:30 PM

I had that happen when I was on IP with alternatives. It will happen. Your body needs times to adjust. BUT! I did find when I lost the least in "numbers" I lost the MOST in inches! :) Shake it off, it will come off!

mvngmntns13 11-18-2013 02:47 PM

100% agreed. I found myself on an emo roller coaster when I started weighing myself more than once a week (at my official weigh-in).

Lolo70 11-18-2013 03:38 PM

You need to educate yourself about calories, ketosis, and what happens to your metabolism. You lost so much in the beginning because you lost glycogen and associated water. It is not realistic to continue loosing like this. 1-3 lbs a week is it. It takes a deficit of 3500 calories to loose 1 lb of fat. It will not magically melt away and some people loose faster than others. If you create a deficit you will lose weight. You therefore need to get more realistic about how long this is going to take and you also need to realize that you will have to make permanent changes to caloric intake for maintenance. This is not a race and sometimes getting impatient will just make you want to give up. In the end maintaining the weight loss will be the real achievement.

foreveryoung 11-18-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itzroxy814 (Post 4885592)

I think it has to do with your constipation, once you get that resolved you will show better numbers.
Don't get embarrassed to WI, keep trying, don't get discourage, at least you are not gaining. Your persistent will pay off. Probably your coach can go over your journal and move things around like restricted in the am and unrestricted at PM more water, or greens... Coaches move things around according to your needs.
Good luck to you and again keep going, slow you will get there :)

exesparz 11-18-2013 04:35 PM

Weighing yourself daily does you no good. Also your weight changes during the day as well. My doctor says your are the lightest around 5-6 pm before dinner. Don't expect to see a daily change on the scale. My doctor had told me to just weight in once a week so you can see the change and also the body scan is showing you how your body is changing. There are weeks that you'll have a larger weightloss than other but don't get discouraged. Just keep going and stick with it.

I have gone from 6 lbs to 3 lbs lost. This past WI I lost 3 lbs and lost 5 inches from the waist but gained in my hips and arms. The reason my doctor said is the hormone imbalance in my body. He gave me a shot to try snd help the imbalance. Just remember everyone's body is different and will react differently.

Ferk 11-18-2013 04:54 PM

I weigh myself every day and I always will. It motivates me no matter what the scale says. No change? Better stay on plan. Change? Nice and a good motivator to stay on the plan. Be persistent, it'll come off. There's no way to eat so little and not eventually lose weight.

Hockeymom40 11-18-2013 11:50 PM

Everyone loses at a different rate. There are a lot of factors affecting weight loss.
Just look at my signature and u will see my weekly results. Several that have responded to this post have their weekly losses in their signature. Take a look.