Old 01-23-2014, 07:25 PM   #1  

Default Hot choloate

Was wondering if anyone has a homemade hot chocolate recipe that fits with IP? I searched this forum but the results show chocolate.. With this cold weather I can really use some right now!!!!!
cajuncarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:28 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuncarrier View Post
Was wondering if anyone has a homemade hot chocolate recipe that fits with IP? I searched this forum but the results show chocolate.. With this cold weather I can really use some right now!!!!!
I use the chocolate pudding, made into a shake and then heated (don't heat first...heat AFTER mixing). Chocolate RTD or Dry chocolate drink can also be made into hot chocolate. Just mix first and then heat
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

I love using the IP chocolate as Lisa mentioned (definitely mix first, then heat). I turn it into Mexican hot chocolate by adding cinnamon and cayenne (and sometimes after it heats I add decaf instant coffee crystals to make the flavor a little richer.) I like spice and also this mixture makes you extra warm!

I am just about out of IP chocolate and plan to buy some alternative version from Nashua next time.

Last edited by JLUS; 01-23-2014 at 07:34 PM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/132/130

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post

I am just about out of IP chocolate and plan to buy some alternative version from Nashua next time.
Can you please tell us more about Nashua? Is it an online company?

Thank you,
Brenda
Brenda52411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #5  

Great suggestions!!! But what if I don't have any ready mix? Is there any way with ingredients I might have at home? Probably not, but I just got a craving and need it now!!! Know what I mean?
Old 01-23-2014, 10:02 PM   #6  

Quote:
Great suggestions!!! But what if I don't have any ready mix? Is there any way with ingredients I might have at home? Probably not, but I just got a craving and need it now!!! Know what I mean?
Really nothing you could make that would be IP... Even sugar free hot chocolate mix (ie Swiss Miss) is a no go for IP.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:06 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda52411 View Post
Can you please tell us more about Nashua? Is it an online company?

Thank you,
Brenda
Nashua nutrition is an on line company from which MANY of us purchase alternative products comparable to IP at half (or less) the cost.

Go through the thread Alternative Products That Work on P1 and read as much as you can if you want to use alternatives. You will want yo take good notes and be sure to copy the nutritional requirements for buying comparable products. I think it's in the second post of the thread.

There are also other on line places to order but NN seems to be the most popular. I love them!

Last edited by JLUS; 01-23-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #8  

Just heated up the EAS chocolate fudge drink. Pretty good, but I much prefer it cold.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:57 AM   #9  

Quote:
Go to Walgreens/Target/Walmart/CVS/grocery store and get some EAS Carb Control ready-to-drink. Heat that in a cup.
Viola. Instant hot chocolate.

My favorite hot chocolate is the cocomint creme from Weight Loss Systems (Nashua).
I mix as a shake & then heat.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-24-2014 at 08:58 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote