Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #46  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44forever View Post
I forgot to say this in my last post, but it is very sad that some of you have to buy a whole box of the same thing....or that is what it sounds like by your posts.

I have been to three different clinics in the area and have never heard of this. When I go pick out my foods, the variety is all there for me to choose. I get to pick by the packet....gives me so much more choice. I am not sure that I could eat the same thing everyday. You must spend so much more money in attempts to get some variety in your meals throughout the week. That's too bad that some clinics run this way...I think it's just a way to make more money and not thinking about their clients. That's too bad...
I am thankful that my coach allows me to buy per envelope. I have a huge variety in my house because there is no IP dealer in town so I buy every month and she ships it to me.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning IPers! I got a new computer yesterday (old one was on the verge of dying), so I'm happy to report that I will probably be tooling around on it all day and not thinking about food.

I used gelatine and turned my blueberry cran granita into jello for lunch-- I'll let you know how it turns out. Every time I drink it, it tastes like jello to me.

I'm happy to report a 100% OP day yesterday-- we had pork chops and green beans for dinner and they were delicious. Today is unseasonably warm for Chicago lately (65 in November?!) so it'll probably be a light salad and grilled chicken day.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #48  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I have WI 3 tomorrow and I am starting to stress out. After having two weigh-ins over 6lbs each I'm thinking tomorrow is going to me so small if it moves at all I've been drinking all my water (more some days) and getting in my veggies, but I'm still nervous. Hate this feeling.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Happy sunday everyone, last night my new boyfriend took myself and his daughter to a restaurant....Normandin, being so early on the diet i really didnt want to go there but he was celebrating a year he had guard of his handicapped daughter and so i said ok lets go......

I ordered chicken on a salad no vinigerette....with just water to drink. I i had a wf dressing in my purse so i put that on so no one could see.........but i think the chicken was probably marinated with sugar...So i didnt eat my restricted for a snack and we had walked in the woods for two hours before that...I figured maybe the extra exercise would balance it out...

Well it DID.YIPEEEEEEEEEE lol was down a whole pound this morning....so it shows you that yes we can adapt to certian situations without hurting our new lifestlye too much... plus the boyfriend was happy i could share that celebration with him!!!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 223/198/160

Height: 5'7

had a couple cocktails last night...first time I cheated in 7 weeks. Man do you get drunk faster haha. Anyways now I am feeling a little hungover but straight back OP but am wanting a bun less burger from 5 guys I thought I read somewhere that their burgers were ok to have, anyone know?
Old 11-17-2013, 11:20 AM   #51  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I have WI 3 tomorrow and I am starting to stress out. After having two weigh-ins over 6lbs each I'm thinking tomorrow is going to me so small if it moves at all I've been drinking all my water (more some days) and getting in my veggies, but I'm still nervous. Hate this feeling.
Your early losses have been great! No reason to get nervous. Yes, losses do tend to slow down after the initial "woosh" of the water weight, etc. Give yourself a break. If you're following the program 100%, the losses will come. Your goal is a bit less than mine, so expect the losses to be a little slower. That way, if they are, you'll be ready, and if the weight comes off more quickly, it will be a nice surprise. Don't tie yourself to a timeline; your body doesn't care about the schedule in which you want to lose. Just let your body and the program do their thing. You can do it!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

How many of you are using Quest bars as one of your packets? I would love a non fluid unrestricted bar for the "on the go" part of my day. IP is working well and I am afraid to mess with it, even for convenience.

Lisa- I admire how you follow the protocol 100%, do you use Quest?
Old 11-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #53  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
How many of you are using Quest bars as one of your packets? I would love a non fluid unrestricted bar for the "on the go" part of my day. IP is working well and I am afraid to mess with it, even for convenience.

My husband uses the Quest bars, and I have had a few. Be sure to check the nutritional info, as not all varieties of Quest bars are IP compliant.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
kcdoe: I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles - no fun at all! I agree with Lisa, your healing comes first so take good care of yourself.

I had hernia surgery about 4 weeks ago (had to have some other work done at the same time) and the doc put me on a low fiber diet to help with the healing. My coach and doc agreed I needed extra protein to promote healing so I upped my intake to 3 unrestricted and 1 restricted a day prior to surgery and then after surgery I continued that since I really didn't feel like eating. I'm back to 3 packs a day and slowly increasing my fiber.

My doctor was fine with the low carbs before, during and after surgery. This is just my experience, be sure to follow what your doctor says - we want you back and healthy as soon as possible!
Ruth Ann that sounds like a good idea to get back to packets for protein and healing I didn't think about that. The extent of my surgeons advise (although he's wonderful) was eat light for a while nothing to spicy. My coach said eat the foods but sad more carbs. Lisa gave me the alternate phases which I love. I just am not very excited about food right now so having the drive to prepare and plan and cook just requires more energy then I have right at the moment.

How are you now? All healed?
Old 11-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #55  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Happy to report TWO successes in this morning's WI. First, I am down about 3.5 pounds, which is great, since my recent weekly average has been closer to two. Second, I broke into the 140's! YAY! <-- This is so me today!
~Renee
Congrats! That's a great loss...and even more fun since you are so close to goal. Exciting! Woo Hoo!
Old 11-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post

I followed P1 100% with a lot of help from my 3FC friends. I stuck with the 10%ers and learned from them.

I consider ALL quest bars restricted (2 are "on the fence" so I count as restricted).

The peanut butter bar I consider to be non-IP compliant at over 200 calories.

Go to the Quest Bar thread & I listed which bars are best/worst.

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-17-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #57  

I have never tried the Quest bars.........ip bars are so good i dont buy them, they seem to make me want more......

Does anyone else find sometimes the products are so sweet...I love sweets but sometimes i wish they were less a bit...the mango TRD, couldnt finish that, wow, too sweet....and the orange drink.....
Old 11-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
I have never tried the Quest bars.........ip bars are so good i dont buy them, they seem to make me want more......

Does anyone else find sometimes the products are so sweet...I love sweets but sometimes i wish they were less a bit...the mango TRD, couldnt finish that, wow, too sweet....and the orange drink.....
I TOTALLY feel that way...too sweet!

That is why I use the potato puree a LOT and why I make my zucchini muffins from packets. It cuts the sweet.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #59  

If i can get rid of my sweet tooth i think later on down the line it will help me make healthier choices.....

ooo zucnni muffins that sounds good. I am going to have to browse through the recipies tonight....i like trying new things, i love the pancake with the crispy cereal......
Old 11-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #60  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

I'm curious how you derived your goal weight. My coach used a 25% fat from the printout on the machine, but I notice a lot of people on here who are much taller with a lower goal. I know I can change it down the road but I'm curious if everyone starts the same way.
Closed Thread