November starts ?

You're on Page 6 of 16
Go to
  • Quote: Hi y'all. I started Nov 12 and had my first WI yesterday. Lost 12 lbs and was shocked. Matter of fact I'm still shocked! But I can't really tell a huge difference in how I look, which is odd.

I travel a lot for my job & will fly from to LA tomorrow which has me worried. Because if the time change I won't be able to have dinner until 6:30 which will be 8:30pm on my body clock. I'm usually hungry & eating dinner by 5:30 or 6:00. Then there will be a similar issue Friday when I return.

I'll take some extra drinks/shakes and hopefully that will tide me over.

Y'all are so inspiring! I'm hoping I can return the favor somewhere along the line.
    Taking a shake with you is a great idea! What I loved about this program before I started was this it seemed to be very grab and go for the most part. I work full time and go to school full time for nursing, so the fact that this program offers so many options that are quick and easy is amazing! Good luck and congratulations on your weigh in!!
  • Fishnchik- congratulation on your great first week loss of 12lbs.

Oohlexi-great to get the first day down...may you have many more successful days to follow on your weight loss journey now that you have started!
  • Quote: vzubie Lettuce is unlimited-- like spring greens and stuff. Spinach would be considered a vegetable.

Had my second WI today-- -1.4lbs. Not what I had hoped for, even though I understand that's just realistic. Just frustrating when the scale showed a 3lb loss yesterday. My coach also fussed at me for using alternatives. I get that they want you to use the program food but my favorite part about a Quest bar is that you can CHEW it. Can't do that with most of the IP products.

I felt like between that and confessing my McDonalds salad thing last Friday (ate the cheese and 1/3 packet LF dressing since I didn't plan enough meals), I was getting lectured a lot. Not a great day for me and IP.
    I can relate...had my second WI today...1.6lbs down. I knew that it would be lower than the first week's loss, but I'm still a little bummed, I was hoping to hit at least two. I'm am thankful, though, that I'm continuing to move in a positive direction.

Quote: Just got home from my first WI. Down 5 pounds and 2.5 inches. I like everything except my fat went up and my waist did not drop at all. But I can't be too upset with the results.
    Great job Calypso!

Quote: Hi y'all. I started Nov 12 and had my first WI yesterday. Lost 12 lbs and was shocked. Matter of fact I'm still shocked! But I can't really tell a huge difference in how I look, which is odd.

I travel a lot for my job & will fly from to LA tomorrow which has me worried. Because if the time change I won't be able to have dinner until 6:30 which will be 8:30pm on my body clock. I'm usually hungry & eating dinner by 5:30 or 6:00. Then there will be a similar issue Friday when I return.

I'll take some extra drinks/shakes and hopefully that will tide me over.

Y'all are so inspiring! I'm hoping I can return the favor somewhere along the line.
    That's awesome fishnchik! 12lbs is huge! Good luck with your travels, sounds like you have a good plan in place.

Quote: I'm super excited. I made it through my first day yesterday. Very proud of myself. I have a long way to go, but I'm definitely super motivated to see this through. I've seen the success that other people have had with this program at my workplace and I'm only bummed I didn't try it earlier. But.. here's to the holidays on IP!
    Way to go!

Yesterday was a little rough. Since I've been OP I haven't really craved anything "off-limits"...when I've wanted something I've found that I wanted it more out of habit than actual desire for it...not yesterday, I really wanted something, anything, that I knew I couldn't have. Yesterday was the first time that I had an alternative protein - Syntrax Nectar - for lunch, makes me wonder if the change triggered something for me?

Have a great day!
  • OMG i just tried kale chips. I can't believe this is legal
  • Quote: OMG i just tried kale chips. I can't believe this is legal
    How did you make yours? Did you season them?
  • Quote: How did you make yours? Did you season them?
    I coated them with spray olive oil and baked on a foiled cookie sheet for 15 mins at 300. I salted when I took them from the oven. I'll try other seasonings on other batches. This may be what I take to Thanksgiving dinner.
  • Calypso, I love kale chips too! I brought some with me on my flight. (I'm actually in the air right now.)

But I didn't make mine because I didn't have time. I got them pre-packaged at Whole Foods. I am only eating very few of them because it says they have 120 calories and 8 net carbs per serving. From what I can find online a cup of plain kale has only 33 calories and 6 net carbs so I am not going to eat a full serving. I hope I'm not making a mistake but they are SOOOOO good.
  • Quote: WOW!!!! Those are fantastic results! Congratulations!

So I just made myself lunch...it is sooo good...
    Cut up some turnips seasoned with sea salt and pepper, sautéed them in some olive oil added some mushrooms, let them cook covered for about 10 minutes added some curry and cinnamon covered for maybe another 5 minutes...SOOO GOOD! Really hit the spot. I will definitely make this again!
    I just made turnip fries, garlic powder and sea salt.....I think i'm in love....making some pulled turkey with wf bbq sauce smells so good.
    I have to say that I'm really enjoying vegetables. a few spices goes a long way
  • Quote: OMG i just tried kale chips. I can't believe this is legal
    I also make spinach chips.....I like the taste better then kale. I use a lot of my dehydrated stuff in soups!

loving all the posts.
  • Quote: Calypso, I love kale chips too! I brought some with me on my flight. (I'm actually in the air right now.)

But I didn't make mine because I didn't have time. I got them pre-packaged at Whole Foods. I am only eating very few of them because it says they have 120 calories and 8 net carbs per serving. From what I can find online a cup of plain kale has only 33 calories and 6 net carbs so I am not going to eat a full serving. I hope I'm not making a mistake but they are SOOOOO good.

I dont see how the can be that much more. It is less than the amount of prescribed oil and kale. I hope I'm not messing up either.
  • Oh I'm not suggesting yours are more. I'm only talking about the packaged ones I bought. I looked at the ingredient list and I can't imagine what is in there that would make the calories go from 33 to 120!
  • Quote: I also make spinach chips.....I like the taste better then kale. I use a lot of my dehydrated stuff in soups!

loving all the posts.
    Skinny,
    How do you make these? Are you making them in a dehydrator?

I didn't even cook until I started this diet... probably why I need the diet... and I've spent more on cooking devices than I have on IP products ... lol
  • first week weigh in : 2lbs Lost that the first day and then my weight would not budge each morning the rest of the week. I feel very full of water and have had a headache everyday. I do not feel my best and
    worry about getting through two family Thanksgiving dinners this week (having the engery to host it not worried about eating the food).
    Also this morning got word of an out of town family funeral on Monday or Tuesday in addition.
    The only thing I've done different from the 1st time on Ideal Protein is that I cut out the tea and drank more water...my body doesn't seem to want to let it go. It's been a week. I wonder how long it takes for your body to adjust.
    anyway, when I got the news of the out of town funeral, I started drinking tea again...out of desperation to see if that helps the water retention.
  • Quote: I coated them with spray olive oil and baked on a foiled cookie sheet for 15 mins at 300. I salted when I took them from the oven. I'll try other seasonings on other batches. This may be what I take to Thanksgiving dinner.
    Thank you! I'm going to give these a try.
  • I just tried it with spinach as I didn't have any Kale. I really liked the taste!
    Thanks everyone for all the great ideas!