Old 12-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #211  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning everyone I just had my weekly weigh in at my house due to having to cancel my official apt yesterday. I hit 218, I was so shocked I have been sitting at 221 for quite a while.....I am so excited and I was able to do this and make it happen. I am proud of myself I was able to see my sister and we both told each other how good we looked we are both doing the weight loss journey. I was worried about seeing her and noticing that she was alot smaller than me. I am ok all I wanted to do was eat after I saw her but I dealt with it.....
I am so excited for xmas I am going to make baked cauliflower and some green beans for myself...I can eat turkey and lots of lettuce I will be good. I want to hit 199 by January 1st. I know this is a huge goal but why not aim for the stars. It I don't meet that goal I know I will obtain it in January...

Thanks to all of you for being on this site and helping me on this journey.
finale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Way to go finale!

My WI is tomorrow.........keeping my fingers crossed but not expecting great results because I cheated for the first time a few days ago....my willpower was down and so was my mood. Hopefully it won't be too bad.
44forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #213  
finale

44forever. I think sometimes we need to remember we are human and we just turn around and get back OP all will be ok. It's one day not a week of cheating. Keep up the goodwork.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 276/-/140

Height: 5'4

Eh.. my weigh in was yesterday. I was disappointed to only lose .5 pounds... however it was the first day of TOM... so maybe that had a little something to do with it. I still lost 3 inches, so I guess I can't be toooooo upset. 29 pounds in 4 weeks is still pretty awesome.
OohLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #215  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Congratulations finale and OohLexi! You both are doing so great. I lost .6 at my 5th WI yesterday but lost 2.5 inches so I'm not complaining. I was also suffering the big C so I'm not upset about the results. I just want this weight gone!

All I want for Christmas is more pounds gone!
calypso58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 227/168/180

Height: 5' 9"

Just wanted to pop in and say that I have been in a stall for the past two weeks. I thought I was doing everything right but after good losses initially, the scale just wasn't moving for me. Until this week. In five weeks I've lost 27 lbs.

Not gonna lie....it was tough to stay committed and disciplined when the scale wasn't moving. I ketp thinking "This is too hard to not be losing." But I did so well the first few weeks that I hung in and didn't dip on myself.

And I'm so glad. I'm not posting this to brag, but so that any others might find it encouraging if they are in a stall. I searched this forum many times to try to figure out what was going on. I still don't know what it was...but things are moving in the right direction now. 6 weeks ago I would have never dreamed I would be in this position by Christmas!
fishnchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #217  
Started IP 11/13/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnchik View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say that I have been in a stall for the past two weeks. I thought I was doing everything right but after good losses initially, the scale just wasn't moving for me. Until this week. In five weeks I've lost 27 lbs.

Not gonna lie....it was tough to stay committed and disciplined when the scale wasn't moving. I ketp thinking "This is too hard to not be losing." But I did so well the first few weeks that I hung in and didn't dip on myself.

And I'm so glad. I'm not posting this to brag, but so that any others might find it encouraging if they are in a stall. I searched this forum many times to try to figure out what was going on. I still don't know what it was...but things are moving in the right direction now. 6 weeks ago I would have never dreamed I would be in this position by Christmas!
Yay fishnchik! Thanks for being an inspiration!
Old 12-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

WI turned out positive!! Another 2.4 lbs and 2.5 inches....woot woot! So happy because I lost even though I had the cheat. This was an early christmas present to me!!
44forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #219  

Quote:

This is where joining the daily chat and getting advice from a bigger group of folks and folks who have done the program longer may help. The daily chat really keeps 3FC-IP connected as a community!
Glad your stall broke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OohLexi View Post
Eh.. my weigh in was yesterday. I was disappointed to only lose .5 pounds... however it was the first day of TOM... so maybe that had a little something to do with it. I still lost 3 inches, so I guess I can't be toooooo upset. 29 pounds in 4 weeks is still pretty awesome.
You know that "only" when used to describe weight loss is a four-letter-word on this forum, correct?
We celebrate all losses!

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-20-2013 at 11:37 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #220  
Superhero

S/C/G: 244/230/164

Height: 5'3

WI yesterday ! Hit my 20 lbs down! I was a bit worried with TOM and travelling. Slow and steady works for me.
Next weight not till the New Year. I already know there will be a few off days. I'm planning ahead and staying 100% every day until then. Feeling great !
happy holidays!
SkinnyChiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 227/168/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyChiz View Post
I was a bit worried with TOM and travelling. Slow and steady works for me.
Skinny, I have had the same issue. Traveling is really a challenge. AND i've been to 8 Christmas parties this year.....3 of them were buffets with nothing I could eat. Good thing I planned ahead and ate beforehand. I also take Cherry Limeade water flavoring and ask the bartender for water with lime. Then I fit right in with everyone having cocktails.

Great job on the slow and steady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44forever View Post
WI turned out positive!! Another 2.4 lbs and 2.5 inches....woot woot!
So proud for you!! I love your energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
This is where joining the daily chat and getting advice from a bigger group of folks and folks who have done the program longer may help.
Thanks for the encouragement. I don't know why but I'm intimidated to join all of you seasoned IPers. It's silly I know. Although I have a high profile position in my company and business, I feel very vulnerable about this weight loss journey. Something I need to work out.

Calypso, thanks for your comment!
fishnchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #222  
Started IP 11/13/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44forever View Post
WI turned out positive!! Another 2.4 lbs and 2.5 inches....woot woot! So happy because I lost even though I had the cheat. This was an early christmas present to me!!
Way to go 44forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyChiz View Post
WI yesterday ! Hit my 20 lbs down! I was a bit worried with TOM and travelling. Slow and steady works for me.
Next weight not till the New Year. I already know there will be a few off days. I'm planning ahead and staying 100% every day until then. Feeling great !
happy holidays!
Woo Hoo SkinnyChiz!

I love it when the weigh ins show results!
Nancy
Old 12-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #223  

fishnchik: We never used to have the monthly starters groups. Everyone just joined the daily chat and it was where everyone got their support. I highly encourage you to jump in there. It isn't just seasoned folks. There are newcomers too. Having one spot is how community is built!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #224  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:

Thanks for the encouragement. I don't know why but I'm intimidated to join all of you seasoned IPers. It's silly I know. Although I have a high profile position in my company and business, I feel very vulnerable about this weight loss journey. Something I need to work out.

Calypso, thanks for your comment!
I'm so glad you joined the chat! Looking at your stats, you have become a seasoned IP'er yourself! Keep up the good work!
Hiker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #225  
finale

Ok the craziness with my mother is already starting and she is not even in town yet. She is a great mom but she just called to tell me she will be in town on Monday, December 30 and she is getting a hotel room with my sister's girls by herself. I told her by the time we get there after work it will be after 6pm and we have to work the next day and I feel that it won't work for my family.
I said why can't we see you on the weekend or Wed, New Years Day due to its a holiday for my family and no one will be working. She said Paua's (my sister's) daughter's dont know her. She said they are little and your children are older. I said that is not fair, because my kids are older they dont need to see you? She said I lived there when your kids were little and I don't see her kids. I said that has nothing to do with it. She said I will be up when Paula is not working. So she said will stay at my house on Thursday night before she flies out on Friday.
I really wish she would not tell us she is coming to town or just stay away. Her family doesn't have anything to do with her and treat her badly so she has said in the past that this is ok because this is how her family worked.
I am making a gameplan for the week while she is her and I will be on my schedule and if I see her I see her. She will not bring me down or sabatoge my weightloss success due to her and the crap she brings to town with her.
My game plan is to workout in the morning and evening each day to keep my stress level down and stay in control of my emotions. I will not let myself stressful eat while my mother is here.
Thanks for listening and being her when I am overwelmed and tired of my family and their selfishness.